Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,166 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:20 AM

Morocco Received Africa's First High Speed Train - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Morocco Received Africa's First High Speed Train (1418 Views)

Elumelu & Jariwafa Bank Sign Agreement, Buhari & King Of Morocco Witness It / King Mohammed Of Morocco Arrives Nigeria, Received By Osinbajo (photos) / President Buhari Arrives Morocco Ahead Of Climate Change Conference (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Morocco Received Africa's First High Speed Train by olawonder(m): 11:00pm On Jul 23, 2015
MOROCCO: The first of 12 Alstom Duplex high speed trainsets for national railway ONCF was unloaded at the Port of Tanger Last month . It had been shipped from the Port of La Pallice near La Rochelle in France onboard Ville de Bordeaux, a roll-on roll-off vessel custom-built to carry Airbus A380 aircraft sections.

They are to be used on Tanger – Casablanca services, using a 320 km route including a 183 km high speed line which is being built for operation at up to 320 km/h. From Kénitra to Casablanca the services will use a conventional line upgraded for speeds up to 220 km/h.

Opening of the new line was planned for December this year when construction was launched by King Mohammed VI and French President Nicolas Sarkozy in September 2011, but delays to the infrastructure works mean this has now been put back to 2017.

The rolling stock contract worth almost €400m.

Re: Morocco Received Africa's First High Speed Train by special19: 11:02pm On Jul 23, 2015
This is the kind of news I love to hear. Hope Nigeria gets something like this...... Lest I forget, I made it. SITTING ON THE THRONE.
Re: Morocco Received Africa's First High Speed Train by Nobody: 11:02pm On Jul 23, 2015
cool
Re: Morocco Received Africa's First High Speed Train by UrennaNkoli(f): 11:02pm On Jul 23, 2015
Source?
Re: Morocco Received Africa's First High Speed Train by enigstil(m): 12:09am On Jul 24, 2015
I wonder why we can't emulate things like this, just check out the cost something thats not even up to what our politicians steal.
Re: Morocco Received Africa's First High Speed Train by geedeex2(m): 1:03am On Jul 24, 2015
We are never first in development like this .may God help us
Re: Morocco Received Africa's First High Speed Train by KnowAll(m): 1:11am On Jul 24, 2015
#400 million pere If na naija u go dey here $10 billion. How much would that slow coach in lagos cost that Fashola is building I bet in excess of $3 billion dollars! undecided shame on Naija
Re: Morocco Received Africa's First High Speed Train by Vikkie14: 2:38am On Jul 24, 2015
If not for the past administration that resuscitate our railway (a little bit), who will be thinking of Train for Nigeria?

Now, everyone is shouting that GEJ trains are "old" and outdated when there are fast train and "Bullet train" that are competing with Airline.

We thank GEJ for opening the gateway. We hope the present government will consolidate on this and deliver us Fast train if we cant afford Bullet Train(for now.)

***NB***
if i ignore your quote, i means such mention is shalow.
Re: Morocco Received Africa's First High Speed Train by Dollyak(f): 2:40am On Jul 24, 2015
Nigerians, can you see the contract was billed at $400million for 320km? The kano-lagos rail was $8.3billion for a very slow train. Do the maths. This is the reason why Nigeria needs to privatise most of this project because the cost of some of this project are astronomical and would eventually drive Nigeria into bankruptcy.
Re: Morocco Received Africa's First High Speed Train by Demmocrats(m): 2:46am On Jul 24, 2015
Re: Morocco Received Africa's First High Speed Train by Demmocrats(m): 2:46am On Jul 24, 2015
What about in SA I think they have such
www.
Re: Morocco Received Africa's First High Speed Train by Demmocrats(m): 2:47am On Jul 24, 2015
Dollyak:
Nigerians, can you see the contract was billed at $400million for 320km? The kano-lagos rail was 20 times this amount. Hence why Nigeria needs to privatise because the cost of some of this project are astronomical and would eventually drive Nigeria into bankruptcy.

That's the simple way they loot the treasury
www.
Re: Morocco Received Africa's First High Speed Train by Demmocrats(m): 2:49am On Jul 24, 2015
olawonder:
MOROCCO: The first of 12 Alstom Duplex high speed trainsets for national railway ONCF was unloaded at the Port of Tanger Last month . It had been shipped from the Port of La Pallice near La Rochelle in France onboard Ville de Bordeaux, a roll-on roll-off vessel custom-built to carry Airbus A380 aircraft sections.

They are to be used on Tanger – Casablanca services, using a 320 km route including a 183 km high speed line which is being built for operation at up to 320 km/h. From Kénitra to Casablanca the services will use a conventional line upgraded for speeds up to 220 km/h.

Opening of the new line was planned for December this year when construction was launched by King Mohammed VI and French President Nicolas Sarkozy in September 2011, but delays to the infrastructure works mean this has now been put back to 2017.

The rolling stock contract worth almost €400m

Source pls
www.

Re: Morocco Received Africa's First High Speed Train by Dollyak(f): 2:55am On Jul 24, 2015
Demmocrats:

That's the simple way they loot the treasury
www.
Stuff like this makes me angry for days. The average citizens are just too stupidd and naive, otherwise I can't comprehend why most people are cool with this daylight robbery without any uproar. My cousin told me underground rail tends to cost 20 times more than overhead lines, yet, the cost of the current lagos overground line is comparable to the cost of jubilee line in London(second most modern line after central line) and red mbta of Newyork subway.

(1) (Reply)

A Call To Boycot MTN/GLO Sim Re-verification / Hilarious Photograph Of Buhari Minesterial List. (photo) / Nigeria: Debate Over Biafra Independence By Ibtimes UK (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.