Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,862 members, 7,817,545 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:10 PM

Again, Court Stops Hike In Electricity Tariff - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Again, Court Stops Hike In Electricity Tariff (8923 Views)

Again, Court Grants Bail To Dasuki / Breaking: again Court grants Dasuki Bail / Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Again, Court Stops Hike In Electricity Tariff by Nobody: 11:01am On Jul 24, 2015
Nice one
Re: Again, Court Stops Hike In Electricity Tariff by khrisponty(m): 11:02am On Jul 24, 2015
Very good. Until there is an 80% improvement in power availability all increment whatsoever the reason may be is fraudulent.
Re: Again, Court Stops Hike In Electricity Tariff by wristbangle: 11:02am On Jul 24, 2015
As if there constant supply of electricity mtchewww!
Re: Again, Court Stops Hike In Electricity Tariff by otokx(m): 11:03am On Jul 24, 2015
PHED workers are Nigerians, they came to our transformer removed the fuse and then said something in it was bad and requires 25000 to repair. Nobody answer them, lets be burning petrol.
Re: Again, Court Stops Hike In Electricity Tariff by newacca: 11:04am On Jul 24, 2015
Lobatan grin

Re: Again, Court Stops Hike In Electricity Tariff by DONSMITH123(m): 11:05am On Jul 24, 2015
God bless this judge wella
Re: Again, Court Stops Hike In Electricity Tariff by MrCounselor: 11:07am On Jul 24, 2015
Berra be
Re: Again, Court Stops Hike In Electricity Tariff by nochildsplay(m): 11:10am On Jul 24, 2015
Are they MAD ni ? How many minutes light are we using under 24 hours ? And we keep getting bills at every month end. Their officials won't let you wire rest in hunt for bribe

Na Sangoo + Amadioha go strike and hike that their company and movements
Re: Again, Court Stops Hike In Electricity Tariff by Nobody: 11:12am On Jul 24, 2015
Well the judge also has a grudge with NEPA... Though the light has improved in my area.. but No to tarrif increase...
Re: Again, Court Stops Hike In Electricity Tariff by klax(m): 11:15am On Jul 24, 2015
This PHCN or whatever they called theirselves are you guys mad?? Where is even the electricity you provided that you are talking about hiking all the time I swear is not your fault it's simply the fault of Ibb, OBJ and Gej regime that failed to provide stable electricity under govt watch through the old NEPA I guess GMB need to give you guys some hard knocks in the head of all these PHCN Boss I mean real hard knock fhat will result to migrane honestly.
Re: Again, Court Stops Hike In Electricity Tariff by chynergy1(m): 11:20am On Jul 24, 2015
see the quality of our lawyer.....
the case was struck out on technicality ground
rather than on substance.... undecided undecided undecided >:

in the first place , any increase on non existing
electricity is fraud and must be resisited.
you dont pay for what you dont have.
good one there sad sad sad
Re: Again, Court Stops Hike In Electricity Tariff by IYADARA(f): 11:57am On Jul 24, 2015
timilehin007:
Iya dara oya modify and celebrate ur FTC...typical nairalander
. As if u aren't guilty
Re: Again, Court Stops Hike In Electricity Tariff by sosodevf(m): 1:12pm On Jul 24, 2015
VIPERVENOM:
b
I am waiting to hear ur modified trash
Re: Again, Court Stops Hike In Electricity Tariff by anyaekekehinde(m): 1:16pm On Jul 24, 2015
igbsam:
grin

God bless the judge. Useless NERC. Looking for ways to create hardship on peoples lives. They shud just wait a lil bit. Baba is coming to probe that sector.

Na lie, what the Judge did will set Nigeria backwards

let me explain something to you, The major problem affecting the Nigerian Power Industry is that the Power Industry is not liquid...
The power industry has a value chain:
gas company-generation company-transmission company -distribution company- final consumer

while the cash flow for this industry is from the consumer to the gas company

The illiquidity in the Nigerian Power industry is because:
1 The tariff we use in Nigeria does not reflect actual gas prices (by the way Nigeria has the lowest tariff in west Africa, even the tariff in Togo and Benin Republic is way more)... gone are those era where bulk of the power comes from hydro plants with low running cost, now about 70% of the power we enjoy comes from gas fired turbines, meaning the Tariff must reflect what gas is saying.. if tariff doesn't reflect gas prices, there will be little incentive for development of gas infrastructure upstream
2 The collect loss which is a major component of the Aggregate Technical Commercial & Collection ATC&C is very high..meaning a number of us do not like to pay our bills. if cash cant flow back to the gas suppliers, the gas company wont supply gas feedstock to the Power plants and the whole country will continue in mess

There are no magic to it, if power supply is to be stable in Nigeria, Tariff must reflect gas prices(i wont come out by saying tariff must increase..lol)
and people must be ready to pay and consequently there will be investment in the gas and power infrastructures because like I said earlier 70% of power generated as of today comes from gas fired turbines

1 Like

Re: Again, Court Stops Hike In Electricity Tariff by ceejay80s(m): 1:39pm On Jul 24, 2015
Dem dey try but I am not yet satisfied, 18hrs or no bill increase!!! Well, make raining season end then We go know how far
Re: Again, Court Stops Hike In Electricity Tariff by eduxerxes: 2:13pm On Jul 24, 2015
The Court sef no get light... The judge sef no get light for house... People wey come witness the case ruling sef no get light for house...
NEPA staff themselves no get light even for dia office...
Smh!
Re: Again, Court Stops Hike In Electricity Tariff by timilehin007(m): 4:15pm On Jul 24, 2015
IYADARA:
. As if u aren't guilty
. I can't remember the last time I did it..that's even if I ever.....
Re: Again, Court Stops Hike In Electricity Tariff by Pchidexy(m): 5:07pm On Jul 24, 2015
anyaekekehinde:

Na lie, what the Judge did will set Nigeria backwards

let me explain something to you, The major problem affecting the Nigerian Power Industry is that the Power Industry is not liquid...
The power industry has a value chain:
gas company-generation company-transmission company -distribution company- final consumer

while the cash flow for this industry is from the consumer to the gas company

The illiquidity in the Nigerian Power industry is because:
1 The tariff we use in Nigeria does not reflect actual gas prices (by the way Nigeria has the lowest tariff in west Africa, even the tariff in Togo and Benin Republic is way more)... gone are those era where bulk of the power comes from hydro plants with low running cost, now about 70% of the power we enjoy comes from gas fired turbines, meaning the Tariff must reflect what gas is saying.. if tariff doesn't reflect gas prices, there will be little incentive for development of gas infrastructure upstream
2 The collect loss which is a major component of the Aggregate Technical Commercial & Collection ATC&C is very high..meaning a number of us do not like to pay our bills. if cash cant flow back to the gas suppliers, the gas company wont supply gas feedstock to the Power plants and the whole country will continue in mess

There are no magic to it, if power supply is to be stable in Nigeria, Tariff must reflect gas prices(i wont come out by saying tariff must increase..lol)
and people must be ready to pay and consequently there will be investment in the gas and power infrastructures because like I said earlier 70% of power generated as of today comes from gas fired turbines

Stupid talk. Let the electricity improve, then we can pay higher bills. Bros, will you pay for what you have not used? Sorry for my harsh words.
Re: Again, Court Stops Hike In Electricity Tariff by anyaekekehinde(m): 5:24pm On Jul 24, 2015
Pchidexy:

Stupid talk. Let the electricity improve, then we can pay higher bills. Bros, will you pay for what you have not used? Sorry for my harsh words.

You that is filled with wise words, go and solve the Power problem.... what you don't know is, Power production is not cheap. moreover,i didn't say they should pay for what they have not used, I said tariff should reflect gas price.

Tariff- is the amount you are charged per unit of electricity that is consumed, I didn't even mention Bills
There is difference between tariff and Bill

by the way, i am not responsible for your lack of comprehension ability,

Typical Nigerian, you read but you don't understand and come out to insult me
Re: Again, Court Stops Hike In Electricity Tariff by arro: 8:18pm On Jul 24, 2015
Judge, that is not. Working ooo as am talking now i dont have light, phcn came and disconnet my light since tuesday and my bill increaed from 4000 to 10000 now per month,i am a public servant with my spouse,we leave home 7am get back almost the same time,sometimes 8pm self.
Now am worried none to help and none to complain too, please judge i will you can take this up,we paid for what we dont consume every month.
Re: Again, Court Stops Hike In Electricity Tariff by themejiwalker(m): 11:01pm On Jul 24, 2015
otunsman:
upon say power supply is erratic,phcn keeps increasing tarrif.The day I go remove ladder put one big essential dog under pole of phch staff wey climb ladder to cut light ehn,he go give testimony for TB Joshua church after he survive dog bite.

What is "essential dog" please?
Re: Again, Court Stops Hike In Electricity Tariff by mmrius(m): 12:15am On Jul 25, 2015
Nice one Judge. Please ensure your ruling is followed through and through. Because these animals can still go ahead and increase the tariff knowing fully well that the Judge will know nothing about it.
Re: Again, Court Stops Hike In Electricity Tariff by Nobody: 8:46am On Jul 25, 2015
themejiwalker:

What is "essential dog" please?
Who is this unofficial moderator?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kaduna Refinery resumes production in December - NNPC / External Reserves Hit 2017 High At $30.56bn / We Are Still Negotiating For Chibok Girls, Sharibu, Others’ Release – Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.