Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,558 members, 7,816,350 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:00 AM

13 Ex-Militants Dismissed From Lufthansa Pilot Training School In Germany - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 13 Ex-Militants Dismissed From Lufthansa Pilot Training School In Germany (35305 Views)

Senate Recalls Police Man Who Was Wrongfully Dismissed By Police 21yrs Ago(pics) / Ex-Militants On Rampage In Rivers/Bayelsa (happening Now) / Keep Quiet! Ex-Militants Tell Edwin Clark (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 13 Ex-Militants Dismissed From Lufthansa Pilot Training School In Germany by Nobody: 5:35pm On Jul 24, 2015
Boring. Next!
Re: 13 Ex-Militants Dismissed From Lufthansa Pilot Training School In Germany by wordcat(m): 5:36pm On Jul 24, 2015
Kx:
Is pilot training usually paid for on monthly basis like house rent or annually/periodic upfront like other formal training, especially those done abroad?

If they pay the fees say a year ahead, has buhari done up to a year as presidio already?
Should nt Jonathan and kuku have paid the naija delta trainees fees at least two good years in advance knowing that it was election year and delays in forming a new govt even if Jonathan had won, would one way or another affect the trainees?

Looks like naija delta power brokers saw the militants foreign training as a cash cow and not really out of genuine concern hence this development barely a month after leaving the seat of power.

Be bless. I just ask this question before seeing yours.

How could reasonable people be blaming Buhari for non payment of those militants' training fees whereas "Their brother" just left office not up to 2months
Re: 13 Ex-Militants Dismissed From Lufthansa Pilot Training School In Germany by bezimo(m): 5:36pm On Jul 24, 2015
Demdem2:

Fool, under the leadership of jonah-daft the NE was destroyed all because of his foolishness in governance.

I think you are the bigger fool here.Is it Jonathan that was bombing and killing people in the NE or your useless hausa fulani Islamic demon called BH as supported by those northern islamic elements who dont mean well for this country

5 Likes

Re: 13 Ex-Militants Dismissed From Lufthansa Pilot Training School In Germany by IbokUtoroh(m): 5:36pm On Jul 24, 2015
Demdem2:

Fool, under the leadership of jonah-daft the NE was destroyed all because of his foolishness in governance.

N under gmb nigeria will finally be balkanise.
Thnkx to ur illiterate president.

2 Likes

Re: 13 Ex-Militants Dismissed From Lufthansa Pilot Training School In Germany by bros856: 5:37pm On Jul 24, 2015
Ask Amnesty Programmers How many Akwa Ibom people are among those sent abroad for training then you will know the reason why Buhari has refuse to pay their school fees. Why are some poor parent in the same Niger Delta region suffering to pay children school fees while Jonathan hijack the Amnesty Programme for only the Ijaws as if they are the only tribe in Niger Delta,so all this I know the present Government will not be happy to continue with. The Amnesty Programme favours only the Ijaws and if you go through the Amnesty training list you will realise that most of those names where never militants. They just saw an opportunity and people related to the programme brought in their children to be trained for free by Nigerian Government while we work the street struggling to train our children as if we are not free Niger Delta. The Programme for me is a complete Cheat to humanity, That is why the only set of people protesting right now will be from Bayelsa as the major beneficiaries.

1 Like

Re: 13 Ex-Militants Dismissed From Lufthansa Pilot Training School In Germany by blenko: 5:38pm On Jul 24, 2015
ignis:
Should ex-militants be treated very special forever? What they've benefited for the past 8 years under Yaradua / GEJ administration is okay for them.
The reward for vandalism, terrorism and bunkering should not be a lifetime of enjoyment.
Even if the government refuses to pay their fees, there is a reason.
Niger Delta, do your worse.... Nigeria is more than you.

You are so myopic in reasoning. You need to grow up.

2 Likes

Re: 13 Ex-Militants Dismissed From Lufthansa Pilot Training School In Germany by chetaraph(m): 5:38pm On Jul 24, 2015
hustla:

Security wise it is not even a wise Move
These same militants can be trained into something nefarious. I think it was mentioned sometime that Osama used to be in the CIA, and must have spent time gathering information and 'learning on the job'

In the future these militants can be used for aerial bombing and stuff like that

Jonathan is one of the stupidest Presidents we have ever had

Hustla my real guy! U get sense sha.... Walahi ur reasoning be like cossy orjiakor's bobby!
Tmao when ur son goes rogue pull a gun and put a bullet in his motherf**king brain cos if u try to salvage his soul by giving him a reasonable purpose to invest his potentials in, he might jux slit ur throat in the future while sleeping after u must av misbehaved!

My guy my guy.... My real guy.
Re: 13 Ex-Militants Dismissed From Lufthansa Pilot Training School In Germany by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jul 24, 2015
ignis:
Should ex-militants be treated very special forever? What they've benefited for the past 8 years under Yaradua / GEJ administration is okay for them.
The reward for vandalism, terrorism and bunkering should not be a lifetime of enjoyment.
you dey Craze, go under your boyfriend Pr1ck, you foolish dumb asshole prostitute
Re: 13 Ex-Militants Dismissed From Lufthansa Pilot Training School In Germany by kilmix: 5:40pm On Jul 24, 2015
philips70:

Why are you calling for barcanista, is he your supervisor or choirmaster? He has gotten another job, call others.

He's the best political analyst on nairaland... take it or leave it... hence my drawing his attention.

Thank you sir.

1 Like

Re: 13 Ex-Militants Dismissed From Lufthansa Pilot Training School In Germany by sweetgala(m): 5:41pm On Jul 24, 2015
babadem2much:
If this story is real, there must be someone responsible for the payment of their school fees. Despite the fact that am from d North i honestly feel their pains, the federal Govt gat to do the needful

I kinda agree with you, while the nation can not be held to ransom forever by any group that springs up, be it ND militants , OPC in SW or Boko Haram; but if the FG, even if the previous president has started an amnesty program which gives these young men some vital skills that can elivate their plight and others from their community , the APC led FG need to honor that pledge, if it means getting a performance report for each student monthly to ensure they are on good conduct and dedicated to the scheme.

Otherwise you just might be training the next terrorist group

1 Like

Re: 13 Ex-Militants Dismissed From Lufthansa Pilot Training School In Germany by Certifiedboss: 5:43pm On Jul 24, 2015
Ilekokonit:
What was Goodluck thinking or PLANNING before retraining "Ex-Militants" as Pilots in Germany ??

What implication does this have for the security of our air waves in the future ?

13 Ex-Militants dismissed from Lufthansa Pilot Training School in Germany

Niger Delta Amnesty Payments: Women Protest Youths' Expulsion From Lufthansa Flight School

by Sahara Reporters, New York Jul 23, 2015

Hundreds of women from the Niger Delta region staged a protest on Tuesday in Yenagoa, Bayelsa State, against thirteen ex-militants youths’ dismissal from pilot school in Germany because of the federal government’s refusal to pay for their fees under its own Presidential Amnesty Programme.

The thirteen ex-militants were undergoing commercial pilot training at the Lufthansa Flight Training School in Frankfurt, but were last week sent away from the institution due to the nonpayment of their fees. Other Niger Delta ex-militants have also been sent packing by their various institutions in South Africa, Russia, Germany, Ukraine, and several more countries in Europe.

During their march to an office for ex-militant leaders called the Leadership, Peace and Cultural Development Initiative (LPCDI), the protesting women said President Muhammadu Buhari should be held responsible if there is resurgence of violence in the Niger Delta region. “We are warning Buhari that, as mothers, we are already feeling the heat and the gathering of disgruntled youths in our communities. The refusal to pay the amnesty training fees is causing problems in our homes and communities," one said.

Another of the protesting women, Ebiere Ankiomete, lamented President Mohammud Buhari’s “refusal to appoint a substantive Chairman of the Presidential Amnesty Committee to liaise with the Federal Ministry of Finance to pay the amnesty training fund.” She said that delaying until September to make the appointment would have drastic consequences for amnesty beneficiaries already enrolled in approved programs abroad.

LPCDI President and former militant commander Pastor Reuben Wilson appealed for calm but called on President Muhammadu Buhari not to allow the Presidential Amnesty Programme to be starved of funds. He noted the growth of Niger Delta oil production and its substantial contribution to the nation’s coffers, all of which depended upon amnesty payments.

http://saharareporters.com/2015/07/23/niger-delta-amnesty-payments-women-protest-youths-expulsion-lufthansa-flight-school

Im from the Niger Delta but I feel it time all Nigerians enjoy equal benefit . No group should have preferential treatment ... ONE NIGERIA
Re: 13 Ex-Militants Dismissed From Lufthansa Pilot Training School In Germany by pasol4real(m): 5:43pm On Jul 24, 2015
Exactly the kind of actions dat breeds terrorism.
Pmb is biting more dan he can chew.
Nigerians wud hav them sefs to blame wen the repercussions of pmb actions starts to manifest.
Trust me it wud be worse than anything dis country has ever witnessed.
The civil war n boko haram wud seem like a massage.
Re: 13 Ex-Militants Dismissed From Lufthansa Pilot Training School In Germany by hamzeiy: 5:46pm On Jul 24, 2015
babadem2much:
If this strory is real, there must be someone responsible for the payment of their school fees. Despite the fact that am from d North i honestly feel their pains, the feder Govt gat to do the needful
honestly....most biafroids would be amased...but sincerely my love for you pmb wont stop me from saying the truth....pls do the needful asap to ensure this guys complete their program...it would be unfair if the loose at this stage

1 Like

Re: 13 Ex-Militants Dismissed From Lufthansa Pilot Training School In Germany by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jul 24, 2015
GEJ SHOULD HAVE JUST SETTLED THEIR FULL TUITION,,, TILL THEY FINISH NA,, well buhari do something..
Re: 13 Ex-Militants Dismissed From Lufthansa Pilot Training School In Germany by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jul 24, 2015
ignis:
U be dumb n daff headed or selfish, I am from the north and from Maiduguri in particular, how many northerner are schooling abroad on scholarship, tide fund and PTDF, where the money come from? is it not from the oil. And for how long have they been benefiting if U may ask, is since d era of oil boom. Y can't the federal government allow those who are already in the school to finish and stop enrolling new intake. If U r in their shoe n they ask U or Ur brother to leave school when he is in final year or thermal 5 in NDA or Airforce or Navy how will U feel. Pls.... get sense if U don't have.
Go to other countries they don't hate their country people the way U do, they see each other as one and if as a foreigner try to mishandle their fellow citizen they will kill U straight and we claim to be one Naija. I will ask U again, What will U or the Federal government gain by stopping them from finishing the training? nothing but rather create an avenue for criminals that will be attacking populace instead of being useful to the society as commercial pilot, and engineers.

2 Likes 1 Share

GEJ SHOULD HAVE JUST SETTLED THEIR FULL TUITION,,, TILL THEY FINISH NA,, well buhari its up to you..
Re: 13 Ex-Militants Dismissed From Lufthansa Pilot Training School In Germany by tete7000(m): 5:49pm On Jul 24, 2015
ignis:

I laugh when I read this kind of statement. Have you been in the creeks before? Do you know anyone working in the creeks for any of the multinational who has witnessed insurgency in the N/delta in the past? Ask such people and they will tell you its not in their interest or that of the country that we return into the dark era of militancy. Let Pres. Buhari attend to these guys. The country and particularly the oil workers plus maritime workers in those areas wont find it palatable when problem begins. Yaradua did not just initiate the amnesty programme, it was to allow the oil companies work. The cost of the trouble is more than the school fees government currently refuses to pay. Why send someone to school and abandon them halfway? Is government no longer a continuum. It will be a total irreprehensible act on the part of this government to push us back into dark era of militancy today.
If you think military option will work, you erred. Go to Ogoni land and see shell oil facilities abandoned till date. Abacha option of sending soldiers there, arresting Saro Wiwa and killing him and the other ogoni activists ensured oil is never produced from that region again till today.

2 Likes

Re: 13 Ex-Militants Dismissed From Lufthansa Pilot Training School In Germany by Seun360(m): 5:49pm On Jul 24, 2015
ignis:

Gbamest!
Re: 13 Ex-Militants Dismissed From Lufthansa Pilot Training School In Germany by chetaraph(m): 5:50pm On Jul 24, 2015
bros856:
Ask Amnesty Programmers How many Akwa Ibom people are among those sent abroad for training then you will know the reason why Buhari has refuse to pay their school fees. Why are some poor parent in the same Niger Delta region suffering to pay children school fees while Jonathan hijack the Amnesty Programme for only the Ijaws as if they are the only tribe in Niger Delta,so all this I know the present Government will not be happy to continue with. The Amnesty Programme favours only the Ijaws and if you go through the Amnesty training list you will realise that most of those names where never militants. They just saw an opportunity and people related to the programme brought in their children to be trained for free by Nigerian Government while we work the street struggling to train our children as if we are not free Niger Delta. The Programme for me is a complete Cheat to humanity, That is why the only set of people protesting right now will be from Bayelsa as the major beneficiaries.
. There might be a little truth in ur argument dat the program is not totally free from nepotism . But remember the militant insurgency den was predominantly active in bayelsa and some parts of delta and rivers state. I don't think we had issues of militanct in akwa ibom or cross rivers or Edo state. And off course the training was only given to those who were regarded to as militants not every one in ND.
Re: 13 Ex-Militants Dismissed From Lufthansa Pilot Training School In Germany by Seun360(m): 5:51pm On Jul 24, 2015
hamzeiy:
honestly....most biafroids would be amased...but sincerely my love for you pmb wont stop me from saying the truth....pls do the needful asap to ensure this guys complete their program...it would be unfair if the loose at this stage

I totally agree with you.
Re: 13 Ex-Militants Dismissed From Lufthansa Pilot Training School In Germany by Toktee(m): 5:53pm On Jul 24, 2015
Demdem2:
A pig will always be a pig no matter what. There should relocate to our local pilot school here. This is austerity period.
you are highly welcome.
Re: 13 Ex-Militants Dismissed From Lufthansa Pilot Training School In Germany by stonecoldcafe: 5:56pm On Jul 24, 2015
RichDad1:
The Jamboree is over.
Amen to that.
Re: 13 Ex-Militants Dismissed From Lufthansa Pilot Training School In Germany by sweetgala(m): 6:00pm On Jul 24, 2015
amadice:
where as some chibok escapees are busy enjoying scholarships abroad and speaking American phonetics

Unlike amnesty militants the chibook girls are victims of violence and to add to that are being sponsored by the American Senate. The cost of the welfare was not undertook by the Nigerian FG
Re: 13 Ex-Militants Dismissed From Lufthansa Pilot Training School In Germany by amadice(m): 6:04pm On Jul 24, 2015
sweetgala:

Unlike amnesty militants the chibook girls are victims of violence and to add to that are being sponsored by the American Senate. The cost of the welfare was not undertook by the Nigerian FG
...so the militant don't deserve to b rehabilitated abi because they are not victims...am not impressed by Ur comments and pls dont try to impress me or quote me again to avoid DO U KNOW ME?
DO U KNOW WHO I AM ? and so on biko
Re: 13 Ex-Militants Dismissed From Lufthansa Pilot Training School In Germany by Dcaliphate(m): 6:08pm On Jul 24, 2015
ignis:
Re: 13 Ex-Militants Dismissed From Lufthansa Pilot Training School In Germany by Dcaliphate(m): 6:08pm On Jul 24, 2015
ignis:
you wont make a good leader.
Re: 13 Ex-Militants Dismissed From Lufthansa Pilot Training School In Germany by Utchman1: 6:14pm On Jul 24, 2015
They should be allowed to finish there programs.

1 Like

Re: 13 Ex-Militants Dismissed From Lufthansa Pilot Training School In Germany by Demdem2: 6:14pm On Jul 24, 2015
bezimo:

I think you are the bigger fool here.Is it Jonathan that was bombing and killing people in the NE or your useless hausa fulani Islamic demon called BH as supported by those northern islamic elements who dont mean well for this country

Fool, when Jonah-daft came to power, Boko Haram was nothing but local riff-rafts trouble makers but underneath the fools nose, they became suicide bombers. The drunkard was just too incompetent for the task. We are yet to recover from this though.
Again fool, remember he said they are his brothers and sisters.
Re: 13 Ex-Militants Dismissed From Lufthansa Pilot Training School In Germany by Demdem2: 6:15pm On Jul 24, 2015
Symphony007:
me and your my entire cursed lineage , pigs!!

Good for u.
Re: 13 Ex-Militants Dismissed From Lufthansa Pilot Training School In Germany by Demdem2: 6:19pm On Jul 24, 2015
all4naija:
You are i d i o t! Is it not your Northern leaders sponsoring them to destabilized the already failed society and sabotage the past administration. You need to speak to your smelling and barbaric fools called Boko Haram insurgents who believe that 'western education is unlawful'. What more can I say? You are such a t w a t!

Fool so in ur daft state, those suicidal abokiis were far more powerful than the FG right. The same ediotic reason Jonah-daft bored us with throughout. Thank goodness the fool was booted out.
Despite facing the same challenges currently Buhari hasn't for once given one excuse but recognises the fact that it's his duty to bring it to an end. Now that is a true leader.
Re: 13 Ex-Militants Dismissed From Lufthansa Pilot Training School In Germany by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jul 24, 2015
I implore u to reason rationally... What's lasting forever in group of youths, laying down their arms, and resolving to b trained for d betterment of their individual selves, and d society as a whole... like they were gon remain in pilot training school forever
Re: 13 Ex-Militants Dismissed From Lufthansa Pilot Training School In Germany by Emy4u(m): 6:21pm On Jul 24, 2015
Nelson21:
You cant blame them..they are militants , they control guns, not aircraft.
This time around they will control aircraft. We all should expect change in oil sector soon.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigeria Army Uncovers Major Bomb-making Factory, Arrests Terrorist Leader / Bandits Attack Emir Of Kaura Namoda’s Convoy, Kill 3 Policemen, 5 Others / ISWAP-Boko Haram Appoints New Commanders, Imposes Taxes After Military Attacks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.