Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,280 members, 7,815,476 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:58 PM

Buhari's Planned Probe Of Jonathan's Administration: A Booby Trap For APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Planned Probe Of Jonathan's Administration: A Booby Trap For APC (2268 Views)

Ghanaians Comments On Buhari Planned Visit To Their Country. / Buhari's Planned Probe Of Only Jonathan Administration And The "Far Past" / 100 Killed By Boko Haram's Booby Trap In Monguno, Borno State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari's Planned Probe Of Jonathan's Administration: A Booby Trap For APC by FacelessPatriot: 5:14pm On Jul 24, 2015
It is no longer news that Buhari's administration has decided to probe only former president Jonathan's administration despite his earlier stance of not spending valuable time trying to dig into the past.

However, this decision did not come as a surprise to many Nigerians as they already know that what binds APC together is their common hatred for Goodluck Jonathan. Buhari's new stance on not digging into the far past would mean that he will persecute a few corrupt people while others will be left to walk away freely without being held accountable. To me, this is foolishness. why only Jonathan's administration? is he trying to revive the common factor that unites the already crises ridden APC? corruption is like a Bacterial infection, killing it selectively will only allow it regenerate and become more resistant, tougher and deadlier.

Well, that much said, i believe APC might be digging its own grave, even IBB confirmed this when he said "those who live in glass houses do not throw stones". Now, why does PDP's Oliseh Metuh, Jonathan's Kinsman Edwin Clark and even recently Governor Ayo Fayose supports Buhari's move? weird isn't it? They know that probing Jonathan's administration may be a booby trap for Buhari and the APC. There is the possiblity that little or nothing tangible will come out of such probe as we have seen in the cases handled by EFCC recently, and even if ithey succeed in recovering stolen funds and arresting alleged corrupt politicians, it might not necessarily have 'direct' links with the Former President. If this is the case, Jonathan automatically becomes a 'political saint' and APC would have helped PDP washed of the dirts that made Nigerians run away from them.

I am not saying that the current administration shouldn't recover stolen funds from the past administration. but being selective will make their genuine efforts futile. Buhari needs to also probe the APC caucus too, i mean his own friends and those who helped him to power. but won't doing this divide the APC even further? The Ball is in his court, he should thread wisely.

FacelessPatriot

cc:Lalasticlala

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Planned Probe Of Jonathan's Administration: A Booby Trap For APC by MizMyColi(f): 5:17pm On Jul 24, 2015
Well spoken and articulated.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari's Planned Probe Of Jonathan's Administration: A Booby Trap For APC by helpinghands(m): 5:18pm On Jul 24, 2015
ok
Re: Buhari's Planned Probe Of Jonathan's Administration: A Booby Trap For APC by abduljabbar4(m): 5:20pm On Jul 24, 2015
Why are the wailing wailers afraid of the probe? They said he was not corrupt fine, why are they afraid?

3 Likes

Re: Buhari's Planned Probe Of Jonathan's Administration: A Booby Trap For APC by coolestrogue(m): 5:23pm On Jul 24, 2015
PMB has only four years to rule, am sure he may not contest beyond 2019, he should not waste time, energy, efforts probing the previous administration, doing that will also affect him and his party. After all, APC is made up of defectors, who have ruled almost all of their tenures as PDP members.
Maybe he thinks 4 years is too much to achieve all what he promised, probing anybody now is like a waste of time. Its going to be counter-productive.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Planned Probe Of Jonathan's Administration: A Booby Trap For APC by coolestrogue(m): 5:27pm On Jul 24, 2015
abduljabbar4:
Why are the wailing wailers afraid of the probe? They said he was not corrupt fine, why are they afraid?
How old are you?

11 Likes

Re: Buhari's Planned Probe Of Jonathan's Administration: A Booby Trap For APC by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jul 24, 2015
abduljabbar4:

this line is becoming over used, guess its the only thing your robotic brain can remember this days.

8 Likes

Re: Buhari's Planned Probe Of Jonathan's Administration: A Booby Trap For APC by FacelessPatriot: 5:28pm On Jul 24, 2015
MizMyColi:
Well spoken and articulated.

Thanks, it means you read it very well

6 Likes

Re: Buhari's Planned Probe Of Jonathan's Administration: A Booby Trap For APC by FacelessPatriot: 5:30pm On Jul 24, 2015
abduljabbar4:

You mean the PDP that has supported the probe?

5 Likes

Re: Buhari's Planned Probe Of Jonathan's Administration: A Booby Trap For APC by Ivanspring(f): 5:31pm On Jul 24, 2015
Whatever happens, na God win.
Re: Buhari's Planned Probe Of Jonathan's Administration: A Booby Trap For APC by shaiba(f): 5:34pm On Jul 24, 2015
Well spoken. I saw this coming when he declared he was going to recover all stolen money, this can only be achieved when it is proven that the money is stolen, u can only arrive at such answers via probe.

All these probing sef, how much dem don probe come out undecided

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Planned Probe Of Jonathan's Administration: A Booby Trap For APC by abduljabbar4(m): 5:36pm On Jul 24, 2015
FacelessPatriot:

You mean the PDP that has supported the probe?
Like barcanista and the tanoids who kept reminding us about OBJ?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Planned Probe Of Jonathan's Administration: A Booby Trap For APC by Femolacaster(m): 5:37pm On Jul 24, 2015
Trash!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Buhari's Planned Probe Of Jonathan's Administration: A Booby Trap For APC by abduljabbar4(m): 5:39pm On Jul 24, 2015
coolestrogue:

How old are you?
K
Re: Buhari's Planned Probe Of Jonathan's Administration: A Booby Trap For APC by Goke7: 5:44pm On Jul 24, 2015
Buhari is only interested in recovering stolen money and not for people going to jail unless we Nigerians wants public officers to continue to go away with their loot. Anybody who does not want probe should just handover 150 billion dollars (stolen over the last ten years) to buhari and there will no more probe.

Looks like stealing has finally been legalised in Nigeria with the way people are wailing. What a pity

3 Likes

Re: Buhari's Planned Probe Of Jonathan's Administration: A Booby Trap For APC by nerodenero: 5:57pm On Jul 24, 2015
Jonathan’s administration might be probed but Jonathan won't go to jail. I pity his former cabinet members, they would be the scapegoat.

As for PMB saying he won't probe Jonathan’s administration before he came to power, he lied and all polithiefcians lie. Jonathan couldn't have probed Yar'adua and OBJ because they are all from the same party. All these is because power changed hands and that's is the beauty of democracy.

My final take is I hope we get to the level that party affiliations won't determine whether one would probed for corruption or not. For now, the witch-hunt so to say continues and if power changed hands in 2019, the trend continues. Whichever way, it's a win-win for the masses.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari's Planned Probe Of Jonathan's Administration: A Booby Trap For APC by LogoDWhiz(m): 6:08pm On Jul 24, 2015
Interesting!
Re: Buhari's Planned Probe Of Jonathan's Administration: A Booby Trap For APC by FacelessPatriot: 6:15pm On Jul 24, 2015
shaiba:
Well spoken. I saw this coming when he declared he was going to recover all stolen money, this can only be achieved when it is proven that the money is stolen, u can only arrive at such answers via probe.

All these probing sef, how much dem don probe come out undecided

The more reason why i believe it is just witch hunting and not genuine probe.
Re: Buhari's Planned Probe Of Jonathan's Administration: A Booby Trap For APC by henryutd(m): 6:25pm On Jul 24, 2015
I wish APC good luck in the assignment.
Re: Buhari's Planned Probe Of Jonathan's Administration: A Booby Trap For APC by lukecent: 6:34pm On Jul 24, 2015
Pre-election: It was all change! change!!

Post-election: Probe! probe!!

Change (positive) I haven't see nor seen anybody that ve been probed. pls we need action not talking, time waits for no body.
Re: Buhari's Planned Probe Of Jonathan's Administration: A Booby Trap For APC by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jul 24, 2015
Probing jonathan administration will be a big gain for pdp.
pdp will tacitly make it look like witch hunting, which invariably will rouse anger from the boys in the creeks, this resulting to harsh economic backlog for apc(buhari)govt Which pdp will fester on and thrive for 2019 glory.
Re: Buhari's Planned Probe Of Jonathan's Administration: A Booby Trap For APC by FacelessPatriot: 6:52pm On Jul 24, 2015
henryutd:
I wish APC good luck in the assignment.
Sincerely, you share my thoughts
Re: Buhari's Planned Probe Of Jonathan's Administration: A Booby Trap For APC by FacelessPatriot: 6:55pm On Jul 24, 2015
lukecent:
Pre-election: It was all change! change!!

Post-election: Probe! probe!!

Change (positive) I haven't see nor seen anybody that ve been probed. pls we need action not talking, time waits for no body.

I'm sure if they concentrate their efforts in probing the likes of Amaechi, Tinubu and Atiku, and some other APC chieftains, they well obtain overwhelming results. undecided
Re: Buhari's Planned Probe Of Jonathan's Administration: A Booby Trap For APC by FacelessPatriot: 6:56pm On Jul 24, 2015
LogoDWhiz:
Interesting!
Puzzling rather grin
Re: Buhari's Planned Probe Of Jonathan's Administration: A Booby Trap For APC by Ghandi12: 7:08pm On Jul 24, 2015
FacelessPatriot:
...Well, that much said, i believe APC might be digging its own grave, even IBB confirmed this when he said "those who live in glass houses do not throw stones". Now, why does PDP's Oliseh Metuh, Jonathan's Kinsman Edwin Clark and even recently Governor Ayo Fayose supports Buhari's move? weird isn't it? They know that probing Jonathan's administration may be a booby trap for Buhari and the APC. There is the possiblity that little or nothing tangible will come out of such probe as we have seen in the cases handled by EFCC recently, and even if ithey succeed in recovering stolen funds and arresting alleged corrupt politicians, it might not necessarily have 'direct' links with the Former President. If this is the case, Jonathan automatically becomes a 'political saint' and APC would have helped PDP washed of the dirts that made Nigerians run away from them.
I am not saying that the current administration shouldn't recover stolen funds from the past administration. but being selective will make their genuine efforts futile. Buhari needs to also probe the APC caucus too, i mean his own friends and those who helped him to power. but won't doing this divide the APC even further? The Ball is in his court, he should thread wisely.
FacelessPatriot
cc:Lalasticlala

GEJ-Led-PDP chose not to probe they got voted out Buhari-Led-APC have chosen to probe. Its hard to know how Buhari's probe will impart on electorate minds.

We cannot have meaningful progress without probity in public service at all levels of Government. Its only normal for Buhari to probe Jonathan the same way it is normal for Wike to probe Amaechi. Buhari does not need to announce it because we already know Jonathan handed over to him.

The people will decide the success or otherwise of APC's method in four years time.

PDP carried their cross so we should allow APC carry theirs too.

A system left uncontrolled breeds chaos, chaos hampers peace and development.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Planned Probe Of Jonathan's Administration: A Booby Trap For APC by LogoDWhiz(m): 9:08pm On Jul 24, 2015
FacelessPatriot:
Puzzling rather grin
I agree!
Re: Buhari's Planned Probe Of Jonathan's Administration: A Booby Trap For APC by Dannyset(m): 9:21pm On Jul 24, 2015
Now that u all agreed that it's a trap for APC if Jonathan is probed, can the Wailers Association now throw their weight behind the probe? Jokers!
Re: Buhari's Planned Probe Of Jonathan's Administration: A Booby Trap For APC by koife(m): 9:22pm On Jul 24, 2015
I don't trust my memory-Buhari
GMB actually proved us right when he said his moderator should let him answer the first question before moving to the second bcoz he doesn't trust his memory. Recall that GMB had made quite some laughable mistake before and after his election/Victory. Some of them includes;
Osinbade
INEC gaff....
Michelle gaff
Western Germany gaff
ANPC gaff et al.
My worry isn't about his mistake....my fear is the image GMB will be creating about nja before international communities and wondering what would be going on in their minds like: how in the hell did nja end up with GMB?...I watched the video where he was interviewed online and was sad that my president actually asked the moderator to repeat some lines about the question that was directed to him....and more troubling was the fact that he ended up not answering the question...about militancy, economy n all inclusive government.
In view of the above, I would like some of this questions to be answered in all honesty.
Did GMB not know his memory wasn't good enough before he contested for the office of GCFR?
Does he not not know that his self assessment will have direct impact on the perception about his actions?
Why would Nigeria risk our national integrity on a man who himself doesn't trust his own memory?
How can a man that said he doesn't trust his memory recall all the alleged wrongs of the immediate past admininstration and yet forget those of his APC stalwarts?
How can a man who doesnt trust his memory over see the affairs of the nation for months without a single ministerial appointment...with such an enormous responsibility at this critical economic situation in nja...how will he recall?
Is this an affirmation that he is indeed a D3 or brain dead?
Pls just objective comment..

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Planned Probe Of Jonathan's Administration: A Booby Trap For APC by tonytony208(m): 9:26pm On Jul 24, 2015
aguiyi:

this line is becoming over used, guess its the only thing your robotic brain can remember this days.

Stop trying to be clever by half. It is not a question of how many times the line had been used; it is a matter of how true it is each time they are used.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Planned Probe Of Jonathan's Administration: A Booby Trap For APC by dustmalik: 9:46pm On Jul 24, 2015
tonytony208:

Stop trying to be clever by half. It is not a question of how many times the line had been used; it is a matter of how true it is each time they are used.
You are definitely more clever and intelligent than the man you quoted.
Re: Buhari's Planned Probe Of Jonathan's Administration: A Booby Trap For APC by Nobody: 9:57pm On Jul 24, 2015
tonytony208:

don't remain a copy cat

(1) (2) (Reply)

AFRICOM: America's Future Plans For Africa: Nigeria!!! / DOLLAR SCARCITY :- CBN ORDERS $2000 Monthly Debit Card Spending Limit OFFICIAL!! / Million Match Plan Coming Up For Nnamdi Kanu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.