Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,534 members, 7,958,641 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 07:29 PM

World Bank Job For African Nationals.... Apply - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / World Bank Job For African Nationals.... Apply (29029 Views)

Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 / 52k Bank Job Or 40k Teaching Job? / World Bank Group Recruitment Drive For African Nationals - Update (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: World Bank Job For African Nationals.... Apply by michaelisafiade: 9:28pm On Jul 29, 2015
victorels:
applied.

Help your brother please, i tried to apply this night but i couldnt registered my account with them as my password been rejected by their server and cant registered with my email again becos d email had been registered.
Re: World Bank Job For African Nationals.... Apply by Nobody: 9:45pm On Jul 29, 2015
michaelisafiade:

Help your brother please, i tried to apply this night but i couldnt registered my account with them as my password been rejected by their server and cant registered with my email again becos d email had been registered.

Do the password recovery or open another email,

the best is to recover the password. it could be that your system reported error when you were registering
Re: World Bank Job For African Nationals.... Apply by Frican: 11:56pm On Jul 29, 2015
michaelisafiade:

Look for the option that says 'forgot password', click and follow instruction.
Re: World Bank Job For African Nationals.... Apply by atonayokun: 9:34am On Aug 16, 2015
Guys don't ever be overly assuming.At least we can always try.While it is true that many people get employed through favoritism,my own employment into one of the biggest multinational oil company started on nairaland.it only took a while but at last I got the job without knowing anybody.
Always give a try,sometimes it just looks as though the job is waiting for you.

1 Like

Re: World Bank Job For African Nationals.... Apply by jancollins: 7:14am On Sep 11, 2015
Im still wondering why people are not so interested in this world bank Job..
Im not seeing comments the way nairalanders will make comment on Jobs of this magnitude.

People will be notified todday on their interview dates nd venue.

Lets know as soon as you get yours.........
Re: World Bank Job For African Nationals.... Apply by Folu6762: 8:30am On Sep 11, 2015
pls let's know if you get the invite. thanks
Re: World Bank Job For African Nationals.... Apply by krested07: 3:55pm On Sep 11, 2015
we are all waiting for the invites.
has anyone received?
Re: World Bank Job For African Nationals.... Apply by yimiton(f): 5:18pm On Sep 11, 2015
Please let's know as soon as anyone receives invite.
Re: World Bank Job For African Nationals.... Apply by GlorifiedTunde(m): 9:00pm On Sep 11, 2015
yimiton:
Please let's know as soon as anyone receives invite.

Chai! Nawaooo!
Its already 4pm in Washington cheesy
Re: World Bank Job For African Nationals.... Apply by Folu6762: 9:29pm On Sep 11, 2015
it's lagbara ooooooooooooooooooo, chaiii worldbank again? when you too become Nigeria organizations?
Re: World Bank Job For African Nationals.... Apply by GlorifiedTunde(m): 9:58pm On Sep 11, 2015
Folu6762:
it's lagbara ooooooooooooooooooo, chaiii worldbank again? when you too become Nigeria organizations?

Its not over yet my brother grin
Re: World Bank Job For African Nationals.... Apply by krested07: 10:17pm On Sep 11, 2015
Not yet over kiss
Re: World Bank Job For African Nationals.... Apply by aj6: 9:04pm On Sep 15, 2015
Hello All,

Been following this post with my spy glass to see updates. grin

Contacted the recruitment team and got the feedback below. So keep praying and keep fingers crossed.

Cheers

Dear Applicant,

Thank you for contacting us.

Given the volume of applicants received during this recruitment mission, we are still reviewing applications and finalizing short lists for each position. Both short listed and non- short listed candidates will begin receiving notifications of their status electronically through the month of September, possibly early October.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards,
Africa Recruitment Drive
Re: World Bank Job For African Nationals.... Apply by jancollins: 5:14am On Sep 16, 2015
Very Good One..
Thnk you for that vital information.
Re: World Bank Job For African Nationals.... Apply by krested07: 12:29pm On Sep 18, 2015
Beautiful. It not yet over.
Re: World Bank Job For African Nationals.... Apply by ulster: 3:50pm On Sep 29, 2015
anyone with updates....?
Re: World Bank Job For African Nationals.... Apply by Folu6762: 7:48am On Sep 30, 2015
UPDATE: The deadline for applying to the World Bank Group recruitment initiative for African nationals closed on August 31 with over 50,000 applications. We have completed the shortlisting for most of the positions and shortlisted candidates are being contacted for interviews at various locations. Interviews and subsequent decisions should all be completed by the end of December.

Given the volume of applications, we will only be reaching out to shortlisted candidates to provide feedback. Irrespective of the outcome of the interviews, all shortlisted candidates will be placed on a roster for future openings. We will also continue to draw on the large pool of applicants from this recruitment drive as positions become available.

Thank you for considering a career with the World Bank Group and contributing your expertise to our mission of ending extreme poverty and boosting shared prosperity among the world’s poorest citizens.
Re: World Bank Job For African Nationals.... Apply by MasterBond: 9:01am On Sep 30, 2015
Folu6762:
UPDATE: The deadline for applying to the World Bank Group recruitment initiative for African nationals closed on August 31 with over 50,000 applications. We have completed the shortlisting for most of the positions and shortlisted candidates are being contacted for interviews at various locations. Interviews and subsequent decisions should all be completed by the end of December.

Given the volume of applications, we will only be reaching out to shortlisted candidates to provide feedback. Irrespective of the outcome of the interviews, all shortlisted candidates will be placed on a roster for future openings. We will also continue to draw on the large pool of applicants from this recruitment drive as positions become available.

Thank you for considering a career with the World Bank Group and contributing your expertise to our mission of ending extreme poverty and boosting shared prosperity among the world’s poorest citizens.

According to this update: "We have completed the shortlisting for most of the positions and shortlisted candidates are being contacted for interviews at various locations." So, did anyone get invite for interview yet?
Re: World Bank Job For African Nationals.... Apply by Folu6762: 8:00pm On Sep 30, 2015
that's what am asking from people indirectly, if anyone had been called?
Re: World Bank Job For African Nationals.... Apply by jancollins: 10:49pm On Oct 01, 2015
heard a lady was called for interview like 10days ago...
Re: World Bank Job For African Nationals.... Apply by SolutionsGuy: 1:39pm On Oct 03, 2015
Hmmm . . . just stumbled into this thread. I'll really be surprised if anyone comes here to write he/she is going for the interview. Here might not be where to get the info but know that interview is ongoing and will soon be over as positions are being filled.
Re: World Bank Job For African Nationals.... Apply by ulster: 9:16am On Oct 05, 2015
interview is ongoing at the moment in Paris, London and Dakar and will be concluded in the next few days.....
Re: World Bank Job For African Nationals.... Apply by GlorifiedTunde(m): 10:35pm On Oct 05, 2015
ulster:
interview is ongoing at the moment in Paris, London and Dakar and will be concluded in the next few days.....

Seriously? How did you get the info bro?

Did people go all the way from Nigeria for that? Abi na Nigerians in diaspora dem choose?
Re: World Bank Job For African Nationals.... Apply by krested07: 7:21am On Oct 06, 2015
My brother I wonder o.
Let's just remain positive.
Re: World Bank Job For African Nationals.... Apply by ulster: 8:20am On Oct 06, 2015
GlorifiedTunde:

Seriously? How did you get the info bro?

Did people go all the way from Nigeria for that? Abi na Nigerians in diaspora dem choose?

Sure, invited peeps will travel to the nearest location which is usually where they have the largest pool of candidates. My source is very...very .....reliable!
Re: World Bank Job For African Nationals.... Apply by SolutionsGuy: 9:50am On Oct 06, 2015
krested07:
My brother I wonder o.
Let's just remain positive.

That info is 100% reliable. I said it earlier. World Bank had already said where interviews will hold and Nigeria wasn't there. It's good to remain positive but honestly I'll be surprised if any of the profiles in that interview is a regular follower or poster on nairaland.
Re: World Bank Job For African Nationals.... Apply by ulster: 11:15am On Oct 06, 2015
Dear Mr. XXXXXXX,

I trust you are well.
I saw your recent application and would like to know if you would be open to new professional opportunities.
We at Global Career Company are running a major recruitment campaign for the World Bank Group and there are several position available in Education; Health, Nutrition, and Population; Social Urban, Rural, and Resilience; Information and Technology Solutions (ITS); Finance and Markets and Development Economics - Economists, Statisticians, Private Sector Development.
I would be delighted to present your profile to them. There are positions based across Africa and at the Head Quarters in Washington DC.
Please find details on the flyer attached. You can either apply on-line or send me your CV to XXXXXXX.XXXXXXX@globalcc.net . The application deadline is 28th August 2015.
If you feel overqualified and not interested but would like to recommend a seasoned Economist of your entourage, please let me know.

Thank you in advance.
I am looking forward to hearing from you soon,

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Good day,

I trust you are well. You were one of the few candidates that were approved in this 1st stage of the Recruitment process with the World Bank. Congratulations.
Your profile was sent to the hiring managers for their appreciation. If your profile is approved in this next stage you shall be contacted in the next few days.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

This is the mail thread from the guys (Global Career Company- based in London) who head-hunted me for the WB roles. I heard the interviews are in batches though, so if you havent heard from them, you might be contacted in the second batch of interviews
Re: World Bank Job For African Nationals.... Apply by GlorifiedTunde(m): 1:41pm On Oct 06, 2015
ulster:
Dear Mr. XXXXXXX,

I trust you are well.
I saw your recent application and would like to know if you would be open to new professional opportunities.
We at Global Career Company are running a major recruitment campaign for the World Bank Group and there are several position available in Education; Health, Nutrition, and Population; Social Urban, Rural, and Resilience; Information and Technology Solutions (ITS); Finance and Markets and Development Economics - Economists, Statisticians, Private Sector Development.
I would be delighted to present your profile to them. There are positions based across Africa and at the Head Quarters in Washington DC.
Please find details on the flyer attached. You can either apply on-line or send me your CV to XXXXXXX.XXXXXXX@globalcc.net . The application deadline is 28th August 2015.
If you feel overqualified and not interested but would like to recommend a seasoned Economist of your entourage, please let me know.

Thank you in advance.
I am looking forward to hearing from you soon,

Good day,

I trust you are well. You were one of the few candidates that were approved in this 1st stage of the Recruitment process with the World Bank. Congratulations.
Your profile was sent to the hiring managers for their appreciation. If your profile is approved in this next stage you shall be contacted in the next few days.

This is the mail thread from the guys (Global Career Company- based in London) who head-hunted me for the WB roles. I heard the interviews are in batches though, so if you havent heard from them, you might be contacted in the second batch of interviews

Wow! Cool! Congratulations in advance!

I will be contacted soon too
Re: World Bank Job For African Nationals.... Apply by WhiteHat: 5:40pm On Oct 13, 2015
Bleep
Re: World Bank Job For African Nationals.... Apply by krested07: 9:01pm On Oct 13, 2015
I got called.
Done a couple interviews already.
If you've not been called for the first interview... I dont know oooo

@whitehat,
Where were you interviewed? What role did you apply for?
Re: World Bank Job For African Nationals.... Apply by SolutionsGuy: 1:59pm On Oct 14, 2015
I don't know about those that have not been contacted at all, but I wish all the best.
These are some of those that have got placement:

1. Ade**** Jo***
29 years (Nigerian)
BA, Finance (from a university in western Nigeria)
MSc, International Financial Mgt (France)
Interned with a Nigerian Bank, and OPEC
Speaks English and little french
Currently a Junior Consultant with African Development Bank, Abidjan.

2. Edu*** Bon***
33 years (Angolan)
BSc Energy and Environmental Sc (from a uni in South Africa)
MSc Sustainable Energy related (jointly from 3 European Universities under Erasmus Mundus Scholarship)
Worked with USAID
Speaks Spanish, Portugese and English
Currently a PhD Student in a US university.

3. Zai*** Mus***
31 years (Nigerian)
BSc Sociology (university in northern Nigeria)
MPH kind of study (USA) and a short fellowship in Germany under DAAD
Internship with UNAIDS
Voluntered for a few years with an NGO in Abuja working on HIV/AIDs and reproductive health issues.
Later joined German Technical Cooperation Agency (GTZ)
Speaks English and little German.

It DOESN'T mean you can't get placement if you didn't study abroad though. Some totally Nigerian schooled would eventually get placement. Rolling basis.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Got A Job - Here's My Testimony / A Copy Of My Suicide Letter If I Dont Get A Job Soon. / "What Has A Leg Chain Got To Do With Acquiring A Job"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.