Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,709 members, 7,837,601 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 08:01 AM

Top Four Most Dreaded Marketing Jobs - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Top Four Most Dreaded Marketing Jobs (20976 Views)

Lagos Marketing Jobs Section / Marketing Jobs At Leadway Assurance Company / Why Job Seekers Hate Marketing Jobs (A Must Read) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top Four Most Dreaded Marketing Jobs by tonychristopher: 12:21pm On Aug 03, 2015
So correct, Insurance is a killer but a trainer...makes you rugged and teaches you presentation skills, I think if you want a careers in sales and marketing and if you want to be your own CEO in future, please do INSURANCE MARKETING especially life

If you can sell insurance, bet me you can sell ice cream and snow to an eskimo and you can convince the arab to buy your sand

OP is right

Nnaeb:
Every passing day, Marketing jobs are becoming more available in the labor market and a number of job hunters are being frustrated each day whenever they show up for an interview to realize it’s a marketing job offer.
Irrespective of what they decide to call it; Relationship officers, Marketing Executives, sales representatives, below are a list of the four most dreaded marketing jobs.
Feel free to add yours

4. Network Marketing
3. Micro Finance Bank
2. Commercial bank
1. Insurance

4 Likes

Re: Top Four Most Dreaded Marketing Jobs by condralbede(m): 12:21pm On Aug 03, 2015
owk
Re: Top Four Most Dreaded Marketing Jobs by Ddonoflife(m): 12:23pm On Aug 03, 2015
frankyskyboi:
I have discovered that a lot of people get scared when they hear the word...MLM(multilevel marketing)..it is quite painful and stressful when u beg and disturb ur friends,family members etc for referrals...the solution is HERE..its now viceversa,,,theyll beg u to bring them into the system,,,with the GLC student package,,,which goes for 2500naira,,,anyone can afford it and get involved,,it requires bringing in 4 referrals and when ur 4 referrals bring in 4 referrals each,,,u make 30000naira instantly,,,now the interesting part of this bizness is if u can't be able to refer people,,,ull be sent a strategy once ur account is activated which bring people automatically which stressing yourself...glc cooperative is empowering youths all over the country,,,so take action,,,im a living testimony,,,check my signature and register instantly and become an entrepreneur,,,for questions and complaints,,,drop ur emails/send a mail to obiefule111@yahoo.com watsapp:09050075268
. Bros I hail dis ur strategy oooo...
Re: Top Four Most Dreaded Marketing Jobs by Nobody: 12:24pm On Aug 03, 2015
UnknownT:
What of those that hawk/market drugs esp all these herbal drugs like Dr. Idogo Goko Cleanser. I had pity one day on a girl that was marketing cream and soap that can cure all skin problems(bought it for bumps), didn't even use it
at least Dr goko didn't ask for money from retail marketers
unlike GNLD in Nigeria. after writing interview you buy so called kit (Heavy wayo)
Re: Top Four Most Dreaded Marketing Jobs by missKiffy(f): 12:24pm On Aug 03, 2015
I hate marketing jobs
Re: Top Four Most Dreaded Marketing Jobs by crazygod(m): 12:27pm On Aug 03, 2015
Nigerians and their mentality, confusing marketing for sales. This are two different professions.
Marketing is basically about research, getting to know what the customers need and sending the information to the production dept with a view of making profit.
What Nigerians view as marketing is actually 'selling'.

2 Likes

Re: Top Four Most Dreaded Marketing Jobs by crazygod(m): 12:28pm On Aug 03, 2015
Nigerians and their mentality, confusing marketing for sales. This are two different professions.
Marketing is basically about research, getting to know what the customers need and sending the information to the production dept with a view of making profit.
What Nigerians view as marketing is actually 'selling'.
Marketing is very broad o. There is the promotion aspect (which also includes advertising) etc.

5 Likes

Re: Top Four Most Dreaded Marketing Jobs by Nobody: 12:31pm On Aug 03, 2015
Marketing jobs is one the fastest ways to get promotions in a company. Do not hate marketing jobs.

3 Likes

Re: Top Four Most Dreaded Marketing Jobs by hollowpot15684(m): 12:35pm On Aug 03, 2015
For me and my family, we shall not partake in marketing job for others.
They will just use and dump somebody like ashawo.
Re: Top Four Most Dreaded Marketing Jobs by ignis: 12:37pm On Aug 03, 2015
ilovelikes:
Marketing jobs is one the fastest ways to get promotions in a company. Do not hate marketing jobs.
What about job security?
Re: Top Four Most Dreaded Marketing Jobs by donem: 12:38pm On Aug 03, 2015
UnknownT:
What of those that hawk/market drugs esp all these herbal drugs like Dr. Idogo Goko Cleanser. I had pity one day on a girl that was marketing cream and soap that can cure all skin problems(bought it for bumps), didn't even use it

Man I really hate all those shit, especially that Dr. Idogo goko cleanser.

I do feel for the marketers, who often look very frustrated.

1 Like

Re: Top Four Most Dreaded Marketing Jobs by JefLonDon(m): 12:40pm On Aug 03, 2015
frankyskyboi:
I have discovered that a lot of people get scared when they hear the word...MLM(multilevel marketing)..it is quite painful and stressful when u beg and disturb ur friends,family members etc for referrals...the solution is HERE..its now viceversa,,,theyll beg u to bring them into the system,,,with the GLC student package,,,which goes for 2500naira,,,anyone can afford it and get involved,,it requires bringing in 4 referrals and when ur 4 referrals bring in 4 referrals each,,,u make 30000naira instantly,,,now the interesting part of this bizness is if u can't be able to refer people,,,ull be sent a strategy once ur account is activated which bring people automatically which stressing yourself...glc cooperative is empowering youths all over the country,,,so take action,,,im a living testimony,,,check my signature and register instantly and become an entrepreneur,,,for questions and complaints,,,drop ur emails/send a mail to obiefule111@yahoo.com watsapp:09050075268

Mumu like U no dey Dis world!!! better dey go Pluto

u wan use us get money abi? God don catch U

beta drop ur CV for me lemme give u a beta job
Re: Top Four Most Dreaded Marketing Jobs by lacicrips(m): 12:41pm On Aug 03, 2015
kossyablaze:
May we never get a job that will make us age so fast AMEN.I pray for a less stressful job for us with a handsome pay AMEN.
And where does the handsome pay come from?
Re: Top Four Most Dreaded Marketing Jobs by donem: 12:45pm On Aug 03, 2015
Dronedude:
Dreadful you say?

You must be lazy to say that.
Bro like myself am a very hard working person, but truth be told the thought of me doing a marketing job can make me sick.
Re: Top Four Most Dreaded Marketing Jobs by Koolking(m): 12:45pm On Aug 03, 2015
Nnaeb:
Every passing day, Marketing jobs are becoming more available in the labor market and a number of job hunters are being frustrated each day whenever they show up for an interview to realize it’s a marketing job offer.
Irrespective of what they decide to call it; Relationship officers, Marketing Executives, sales representatives, below are a list of the four most dreaded marketing jobs.
Feel free to add yours

4. Network Marketing
3. Micro Finance Bank
2. Commercial bank
1. Insurance

5. Pharmaceutical Products

1 Like

Re: Top Four Most Dreaded Marketing Jobs by Lobolintin(m): 12:48pm On Aug 03, 2015
GNLD....
Re: Top Four Most Dreaded Marketing Jobs by Google63(m): 12:53pm On Aug 03, 2015
Ddonoflife:
. Bros I hail dis ur strategy oooo...
lol... him strategy na double strategy.
Re: Top Four Most Dreaded Marketing Jobs by Nobody: 1:04pm On Aug 03, 2015
ignis:

What about job security?

I see marketing jobs as transitional jobs. A means to an end. If you can do marketing for a company for a couple of years and you have learnt a thing or two, move over to be your own boss. Be a marketer for an FMCG company. Be a dealer, a distributor, an agent. If you can sell for another man's company, You can by all means sell for yourself. That's job security.

1 Like

Re: Top Four Most Dreaded Marketing Jobs by Nobody: 1:12pm On Aug 03, 2015
frankyskyboi:
...and who begged or asked you for this info now I almost called you an ldiott undecided
We talking about graduates being made to practically hawk, you here making it seem like a favour. Stupidas angry

1 Like

Re: Top Four Most Dreaded Marketing Jobs by Bigii(m): 1:43pm On Aug 03, 2015
What of cigga? Tobacco own nor be here o! undecided

1 Like

Re: Top Four Most Dreaded Marketing Jobs by brainiac007: 1:51pm On Aug 03, 2015
Brown1759:
The summary of the post points that financial institutions are ranking worst...

But some people are making millions in marketing esp that networking

Exactly! I love network marketing. Its has solved me financial problems

2 Likes

Re: Top Four Most Dreaded Marketing Jobs by rasazee(m): 1:54pm On Aug 03, 2015
Am into insurance & it is not dreadful at all. It depend on the way u sees it.

1 Like

Re: Top Four Most Dreaded Marketing Jobs by brainiac007: 1:56pm On Aug 03, 2015
ilovelikes:

I see marketing jobs as transitional jobs. A means to an end. If you can do marketing for a company for a couple of years and you have learnt a thing or two, move over to be your own boss. Be a marketer for an FMCG company. Be a dealer, a distributor, an agent. If you can sell for another man's company, You can by all means sell for yourself. That's job security.

I totally agree with you!
Re: Top Four Most Dreaded Marketing Jobs by kossyablaze(m): 2:00pm On Aug 03, 2015
lacicrips:
lol av faith first

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Top Four Most Dreaded Marketing Jobs by kossyablaze(m): 2:00pm On Aug 03, 2015
lacicrips:
lol av faith first

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Top Four Most Dreaded Marketing Jobs by Nobody: 2:20pm On Aug 03, 2015
Vanquay:
Petroleum Engineers are above that S***. We dont drag Marketing jobs with Ordinay Accountants, Public Relations and co. Marketing job is not my expertise de forte. I never finish college I Don dey fantasize of how I will tear my workers slap if them f*** up talk less of one fat Alhaja with an annoying accent trying to flirt with me undecided

Don't flatter yourself
Re: Top Four Most Dreaded Marketing Jobs by toprealman: 2:26pm On Aug 03, 2015
Vanquay:
Petroleum Engineers are above that S***. We dont drag Marketing jobs with Ordinay Accountants, Public Relations and co. Marketing job is not my expertise de forte. I never finish college I Don dey fantasize of how I will tear my workers slap if them f*** up talk less of one fat Alhaja with an annoying accent trying to flirt with me undecided
CLEARLY YOU ARE STILL AN UNDERGRAD. WHEN YOU COME OUT OF SCHOOL, YOU WILL UNDERSTAND HOW THESE THINGS WORK.

1 Like

Re: Top Four Most Dreaded Marketing Jobs by toprealman: 2:29pm On Aug 03, 2015
ilovelikes:
THAT'S THE SPIRIT. WHERE ARE YOU BASED?
Re: Top Four Most Dreaded Marketing Jobs by Nobody: 2:46pm On Aug 03, 2015
Marketing jobs are suitable for young beautiful ladies.These are the kind of people employer seek their services.
Re: Top Four Most Dreaded Marketing Jobs by HAH: 2:49pm On Aug 03, 2015
Easiest Marketing job is bread marketing, o boy man must wack
Re: Top Four Most Dreaded Marketing Jobs by ExInferis(m): 3:31pm On Aug 03, 2015
UnknownT:

Salesperson is different from marketer
Re: Top Four Most Dreaded Marketing Jobs by tonychristopher: 3:55pm On Aug 03, 2015
I just don’t know why people are lazy, to me I hate a job that I will sit in office everytime and at the end of the month they pay me same salary and when they want to lay off the office person is laid off easily, why?? Because he aint adding any value, but i notice that sales dudes are always hot, they don’t look for jobs but jobs look for them

Remembered the second job I had as a graduate then that was about 5 years ago salary was like 25k a month but I was making like 180 – 200k monthly based on commissions and other rackets that we do with clients...men FCMG work good especially if you find yourself in construction, edibles and pharmaceutical . the job security is there only thing you have to worry are haters and beefers that will hate your progress and upgrades apart from that your good to go

Also sales teaches you how to be your own CEO and how to handle objection, presentations and closing. It is rare to see a front desk that was made an MD or HR that will be made an MD but it is common to see sales dudes become MD. Who wants to promote somebody that just sits around in office doing virtually nothing...mehnnn hit the street.

Apart from that sales gives you contacts, worked in insurance knew this what about confidence etc’’’but know that marketing isn’t sales but sales is a part of marketing

Just pray lord to bless the work of your hand and remember no food for a lazy man neither will you forget the humble beginning theories,

Pick up a job instead of loafing around crying no job

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Unemployment And The Danger Of Personal Shyness: My Experience. / How I Got A Fake Job Appointment - Diary Of A Jobless NIGERIAN / Is This Happening To You This Festive Season

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.