Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,751 members, 7,809,876 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:27 PM

House Crisis 'Over', As Dogara And Gbajabiamila Factions Reconcile - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / House Crisis 'Over', As Dogara And Gbajabiamila Factions Reconcile (34725 Views)

PDP: Sheriff, Makarfi Factions Reconcile / Saraki Absent As Dogara Meets Buhari In Aso Rock / Reps Angry As Dogara, Jibrin, Others Inject N40b Projects Into Budget (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

House Crisis 'Over', As Dogara And Gbajabiamila Factions Reconcile by Nobody: 3:11pm On Jul 25, 2015
The crisis in the house of representatives over principal positions is over, Abdulmumin Jibrin, spokesman of Consolidation Group, has said – ahead of Tuesday’s reconvening of the lower chamber.

According to Jibrin, “gladiators” in the Femi Gbajabiamila camp have settled for the “Dogara formula” for the allocation of principal positions.

Gbajabiamila and Yakubu Dogara, the speaker, had been enmeshed in a rift over the sharing of principal positions of the house.

While Jibrin is pro-Dogara, Alhassan Ado Doguwa, the newly proposed majority leader, is pro-Gbajabiamila.

Speaking at a press conference in Abuja on Saturday, Jibrin said: “Please recall that since the inauguration of the house, the issue of those that will assume the positions of the remaining principal officers among members of our party, All Progressives Congress (APC), has been enmeshed in deep controversy.

“Specifically, this controversy surrounded those who will occupy the vacant positions of House Leader, Deputy House Leader, Chief Whip and Deputy Chief Whip. Several efforts were made to find solution to the crisis and a couple of proposals were advanced. It is in this spirit that the Speaker, Hon Yakubu Dogara, proposed in what is now known as the Dogara formula an equity team.

“Mr Speaker’s argument has always been since the north-east and south-west have produced the speaker and deputy speaker, the remaining principal officers positions should go to the north-west, north-central, south-south and south-east in the spirit of equity, fairness, justice, a strong precedence and provision of the constitution. In the interest of peace, unity and harmony in the House, Speaker Dogara reached out extensively to individuals and groups and committed lot of energy and time toward finding an amicable solution to the nagging issue.

“This became extremely necessary in order to actualise the needed peace and unity in the House so as to commence work for the Nigerian people and provide support for our President, Muhammadu Buhari. Let me reiterate our resolve that President Buhari is going to enjoy the maximum and unprecedented support of the APC caucus in the House in order for him to achieve all the laudable programmes of this government.

“Permit me to point out, however, that the intense consultations carried out by Speaker Dogara is what eventually led to the birth of the Dogara Formula that saw the emergence of what is now known as the Equity Team. In line with the Formula, the Equity Team has Hon. Alhassan Ado Doguwa (APC Kano, North West) as House Leader, Hon Buba Jibrin (APC Kogi, North Central) as Deputy Leader, Hon Pally Iriase (APC Edo, South South) as Chief Whip and Hon. Chika Okafor (APC Imo, South East) as Deputy Chief Whip.

“Interestingly, both the Speaker and a great majority of the APC caucus in the House including gladiators in the Gbajabiamila’s group like Hon Mongunu, Hon Doguwa and Hon Pally support and stand by the Equity Team. We have  commenced collection of signatures which has reached advanced stage to affirm the Dogara formula. All other interests, including those excluded from the principal officers, specifically Hon Gbajabiamila and Hon Mongunu will be duly accommodated with commensurate responsibility to serve. Since the Speaker has about 200 positions to share out, many members will have the opportunity to serve the country.

“In light of this development, it is heart-warming to announce to you that the disagreement in the House, which many have erroneously labelled as crisis, has finally come to an end. We hereby express our deep appreciation to Mr President for his fatherly disposition during this disagreement. We also commend our party for its patience and understanding and re-affirm our continued support for the realisation of its objectives.

“We thank Speaker Dogara for his maturity and gentle disposition towards ensuring that the disagreement is amicably resolved. We thank our other colleagues who disagreed with us for their willingness to dialogue and accept our compromise position for the peace and stability of the House and overall national interest.  We will make a particular mention of Hon Mongunu, Doguwa and Pally for their patience, maturity and understanding. Finally, we thank Nigerians and once again pledge that this House will now get down to work for the Nigerian people.”

Gbajabiamila is yet to comment on the latest development, which means he can no longer be majority leader as proposed by the party leadership.

https://www.thecable.ng/just-jibrin-declares-house-crisis

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: House Crisis 'Over', As Dogara And Gbajabiamila Factions Reconcile by Demmocrats(m): 3:11pm On Jul 25, 2015
I totally disagree with the op the caption of this thread suppose to be "both parties decided to $hare the loots equally"

www.

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: House Crisis 'Over', As Dogara And Gbajabiamila Factions Reconcile by Demmocrats(m): 3:11pm On Jul 25, 2015
Even if they settle, still I don't trust those sharks

I only trust my sai buhari

www.

10 Likes

Re: House Crisis 'Over', As Dogara And Gbajabiamila Factions Reconcile by Proffdada: 3:12pm On Jul 25, 2015
proffdada is typing....

nigerian politics is always fuji house of commotion

3 Likes

Re: House Crisis 'Over', As Dogara And Gbajabiamila Factions Reconcile by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jul 25, 2015
At last, Speaker Dogara's decision stood!!

APC and their illiterate Baba at the top should just accept their fate at the NASS.
This should serve as an Eye-opener dat dey are not cut out for leadership yet. Hence its incumbent on dem to always seek opinion from the Masters of the Game....

PDP!!!

32 Likes 5 Shares

Re: House Crisis 'Over', As Dogara And Gbajabiamila Factions Reconcile by dustmalik: 3:14pm On Jul 25, 2015
Ok
Re: House Crisis 'Over', As Dogara And Gbajabiamila Factions Reconcile by stinggy(m): 3:16pm On Jul 25, 2015
Now can they please settle down and face the job we voted them to do

Although I feel sad for Gbaja, equity has to be observed. No region is greater than the other.

16 Likes

Re: House Crisis 'Over', As Dogara And Gbajabiamila Factions Reconcile by Splashme: 3:16pm On Jul 25, 2015
Na them sabi

2 Likes

Re: House Crisis 'Over', As Dogara And Gbajabiamila Factions Reconcile by morbeta(m): 3:18pm On Jul 25, 2015
Good news. The only way forward is peace and harmony, let us all move dis great nation forward be you Wailer, Tanoid etc we are one nigeria and have no other country than this great one. One love my people.
Lets hit 1million likes for peace.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: House Crisis 'Over', As Dogara And Gbajabiamila Factions Reconcile by afroniger: 3:20pm On Jul 25, 2015
Up APC, up Nigeria! Down down PDP Wailing wailers cheesy

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: House Crisis 'Over', As Dogara And Gbajabiamila Factions Reconcile by masinga07(m): 3:20pm On Jul 25, 2015
LOL. let me just laugh now and think of what to comment later after watching my beloved Arsenal first.

WAIT OH

So Gbajabiamila will now be an ordinary floor member? I told dis guy but he will not hear.

5 Likes

Re: House Crisis 'Over', As Dogara And Gbajabiamila Factions Reconcile by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jul 25, 2015
Ok.
I have finished reading
Re: House Crisis 'Over', As Dogara And Gbajabiamila Factions Reconcile by OPCNAIRALAND: 3:23pm On Jul 25, 2015
The media can be mischievious in its reporting these days. I will urge everyone to wait till you hear from the party before swallowing this report as a fact.

3 Likes

Re: House Crisis 'Over', As Dogara And Gbajabiamila Factions Reconcile by Zakkyoz: 3:23pm On Jul 25, 2015
Proffdada:
proffdada is typing....

that is how you 'keep typing' in every thread. what is your problem?

4 Likes

Re: House Crisis 'Over', As Dogara And Gbajabiamila Factions Reconcile by nnachukz(m): 3:24pm On Jul 25, 2015
Dogara 2 vs 0 APC

15 Likes

Re: House Crisis 'Over', As Dogara And Gbajabiamila Factions Reconcile by yang(m): 3:25pm On Jul 25, 2015
The animals knew they were going to be suspended come tuesday morning

4 Likes

Re: House Crisis 'Over', As Dogara And Gbajabiamila Factions Reconcile by Georgekyrian(m): 3:29pm On Jul 25, 2015
M
Re: House Crisis 'Over', As Dogara And Gbajabiamila Factions Reconcile by tiamiyukunle69(m): 3:29pm On Jul 25, 2015
Hope it's a sincere reconciliation?
Re: House Crisis 'Over', As Dogara And Gbajabiamila Factions Reconcile by tspun(m): 3:29pm On Jul 25, 2015
In the aftermath of any war or genocide, healing and reconciliation are ultimate aspirations. Good for them.
Re: House Crisis 'Over', As Dogara And Gbajabiamila Factions Reconcile by LMAyedun(m): 3:29pm On Jul 25, 2015
I only hope so...
Re: House Crisis 'Over', As Dogara And Gbajabiamila Factions Reconcile by UnknownT: 3:30pm On Jul 25, 2015
Dogara should trust Femi at his own peril cos I'm sure Femi will still talk ill at his back. Someone who appears supportive whenever he is on national TV but becomes something else off camera should never be trusted

15 Likes

Re: House Crisis 'Over', As Dogara And Gbajabiamila Factions Reconcile by scofieldsimba(m): 3:30pm On Jul 25, 2015
Thank God.
But Dogara shouldn't just sit back and relax.

After a battle, u sharpen your sword.

4 Likes

Re: House Crisis 'Over', As Dogara And Gbajabiamila Factions Reconcile by Berrymoss(f): 3:30pm On Jul 25, 2015
grin
Re: House Crisis 'Over', As Dogara And Gbajabiamila Factions Reconcile by Saheed9: 3:31pm On Jul 25, 2015
k
Re: House Crisis 'Over', As Dogara And Gbajabiamila Factions Reconcile by aare07(m): 3:31pm On Jul 25, 2015
Today they became honourable

DOGARA's FORMULA( supremacy belongs to the people not party alone)

Dogara till 2019
Saraki till 2019

7 Likes

Re: House Crisis 'Over', As Dogara And Gbajabiamila Factions Reconcile by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jul 25, 2015
Where they fighting before?

1 Like

Re: House Crisis 'Over', As Dogara And Gbajabiamila Factions Reconcile by vecman22(m): 3:31pm On Jul 25, 2015
Biafra how far?? When we dey port?

Me don tire to dey beat my chest...

3 Likes

Re: House Crisis 'Over', As Dogara And Gbajabiamila Factions Reconcile by atlwireles: 3:31pm On Jul 25, 2015
In other words, Dogara terms of unconditional surrender were accepted by Femi grin grin grin grin

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: House Crisis 'Over', As Dogara And Gbajabiamila Factions Reconcile by kennyman2000(m): 3:32pm On Jul 25, 2015
Hmmmmmm...
Re: House Crisis 'Over', As Dogara And Gbajabiamila Factions Reconcile by WhatDoYouMean: 3:32pm On Jul 25, 2015
The lesser power has finally bowed.

1 Like

Re: House Crisis 'Over', As Dogara And Gbajabiamila Factions Reconcile by horlabiyi(m): 3:32pm On Jul 25, 2015
Why are they fighting before? In 2011 Gbajabiamila said the best and qualified person should be the speaker of the house so, he believed Aminu Tambuwal was better than Mulikat Adeola but now he believe he's better to be the speaker when the house see Dogara as the best candidate.

Moral of the story :- KARMA IS A B*TCH

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: House Crisis 'Over', As Dogara And Gbajabiamila Factions Reconcile by vecman22(m): 3:32pm On Jul 25, 2015
Editor1:
At last, Speaker Dogara's decision stood!!

APC and their illiterate Baba at the top should just accept their fate at the NASS.
This should serve as an Eye-opener dat dey are not cut out for leadership yet. Hence its incumbent on dem to always seek opinion from the Masters of the Game....

PDP!!!

Olodo

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Zahra Buhari Indimi Stuns In New Photos / "You Can Not Arrest Nnamdi Kanu, I Will Sacrifice My Life – Asari Dokubo / FG Moves To Weed Out Some Sports Betting Companies In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.