Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,244 members, 7,818,837 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:18 AM

See Why You Must Avoid Immodest Attire - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / See Why You Must Avoid Immodest Attire (32096 Views)

5 Everyday Sin We Commit And Must Avoid This Week. / Photo Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In Superman Attire / 7 Sins That Lead To Self-destruction: Christians Must Avoid. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See Why You Must Avoid Immodest Attire by KoloOyinbo(m): 9:29am On Jul 27, 2015
MarieSucre:
"If a man looketh upon a woman lustfully, he commiteth adultery with her in his heart".

Sorry I don't know the verse. Don't have a bible. But I'm sure you're familiar with that verse..

Matthew 5:28.

Spotted the post on shares. I didn't read the thread as culture will come into it a lot I'm sure.

Just remember:
modesty of dress is RELATIVE to the cultural and morals of the time.
How a woman dresses is no excuse for rape/violence

1 Like

Re: See Why You Must Avoid Immodest Attire by MarieSucre(f): 10:39am On Jul 27, 2015
johnydon22:
[b]I love your thinking and sense of reasoning, i am utterly glad we have women in this african society who can speak up for themselves and the right of women.

Sadly many women in our society have resigned to the fate of this injustice, most african women subscribe to this misogynistic concepts in this male dominated world based on the male dominated cultural and religious ideologies.

This injustice of inequality has gone too far and it is time the world said NO to such degrading injustice. . . It is time the world realized that male and female are all equal genders of the same species and none is better or superior to the other.

We live in a very insane society where injustice is clothed and washed in the guise of a moral concept.

What type of society would blame a girl who just got raped for wearing what she wore instead of blaming and prosecuting the perverted idiot who perpetrated such barbaric act?

What type of society would subject a girl who just got gang raped by 7 guys to a hundred lashes punishment for going out alone instead of prosecuting the idiots who could not restrain themselves from acting on their perverted urges like we saw recently in a saudi court.

What type of idiotic moral code would stipulate if a girl is raped, the raper should pay her father some amounts of money and take her off to be his wife not minding if the girl is ok with it or not and subjecting the innocent girl to a traumatizing life time of having to wake up and see the face of her raper/abuser everyday and not to mention endure the countless number of long nights now having sex with her raper just like the bible taught

It is both sickening as it is saddening and the world needs to take a stand against this nonsense.
Where men blame women for their own weakness and lack of self control, why not go to a public beach and rape women clad in bikinis and some stark naked since one cannot control ones urge when he sees a woman's body.

These stupendous, misogynistic, idiotic and religious chauvinistic ideologies all hyped and basked in the sun rays of religious and cultural basis should be resisted however we can.

A man has the right to wear what suits him and so does a woman. i have never seen women trying to impose their own ideology of decency on men so why should the reverse be the case.

You have a good head on your neck and i admire that a lot, Africa needs more women and girls like you of Chimamanda Adichie's caliber, keep it up.

Men of quality respect women's equality...

Considering women inferior creatures like religion and cultures have taught, my question is "Is that good and right for the world?"

I will push the Follow button too for you, your types are the kind of girls that move my interest, girls with brains not beauty without brains.
[/b]
edited--just went over it again and its quite loooong.

Thank you so much for your kind words. I'm indeed surprised but nevertheless happy to find a man who thinks like you on nairaland. With you I see that our generation is not completely lost and our mothers did not completely fail.

My drive for social justice(if i may call it one) was not beget from the love of all things western but forged in the fires of real grievances. Growing up in the north I got huge doses of that. It begun at wondering why God made me female and ended when I started questioning why God condoned it in the first place.

I am very critical of any large social, political or religious group which seeks to impose on and oppress smaller groups. I will forever have a mean word for anyone or group who/which staunchly and ignorantly insists on clinging to past, outdated, bigoted or extremist views at the detriment of our evolving society and humanity.

And I think its important that we speak up at every turn. Coz just like those parents in UK who their kids travel to enlist in ISIS. They may not necessary strap a bomb to themselves but they promote such negative and disturbing influences around their children that emboldens such actions. They're the enablers. They enable such situations and environment to thrive by justifying it or trying to shield it from criticism.

The world is how it is because certain social or economic groups tolerated intolerance for far too long. The TOLERANCE of INTOLERANCE is not being open-minded or compromising. It is just being plain stupid.

So be it religious bigotry, sexism, tribalism, classism or any other form of discrimination, let us be the voice in the desert so nairaland and maybe our society will not become a wasteland fit for neanderthals.

You may not suffer from one form of discrimination or may suffer less than your neighbour from another form. Remember we're all allies in humanity. I got back. You got my back.

I would say 'remain blessed', I suspect you're an agnostic/atheist so I'll go with Lord Pasta be with thee Misblah

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: See Why You Must Avoid Immodest Attire by Edipee(m): 12:19pm On Jul 27, 2015
frank317:

Pls how did God cover Adam and Eve. U don't even read ur bible. Didn't your God create Adam and Eve naked?
Franky my Man. So you sef dey read Bible. How far na
Re: See Why You Must Avoid Immodest Attire by freecocoa(f): 2:06pm On Jul 27, 2015
MarieSucre you are indeed very intelligent as you are very beautiful, with such lovely eyes.

Trying to educate these ones can be very tiring but we will never give up, the injustice/hypocrisy is just annoying.

Keep up the good work, you go girl.

2 Likes

Re: See Why You Must Avoid Immodest Attire by annibro(f): 11:49am On Jul 28, 2015
frank317:

Pls how did God cover Adam and Eve. U don't even read ur bible. Didn't your God create Adam and Eve naked?

Read Genesis 3:10, then Genesis 3:21
& apologise if u re humble enough
Re: See Why You Must Avoid Immodest Attire by FarmTech(m): 12:43pm On Jul 30, 2015
MarieSucre:
"If a man looketh upon a woman lustfully, he commiteth adultery with her in his heart".

Sorry I don't know the verse. Don't have a bible. But I'm sure you're familiar with that verse..
Matt 5:28. Once you're online, finding bible verses isn't that difficult. Just google words from the verse like i did here: http://www.google.com.ng/search?q=man+commit+adultery+lust+woman+bible&client=ms-opera-mini&channel=new&gws_rd=cr&ei=Xg26VZKJNYbfUZKFvIgB.
Re: See Why You Must Avoid Immodest Attire by FarmTech(m): 1:59am On Jul 31, 2015
herald9:
@Mariesucre seems you were once a victim. I could feel your pain in those posts, it runs deep.
But I wonder how that could've happened, cause even your face alone could scare a thousand rapists.

Now listen, I wasn't condoning rape, what I did was disagree with Johnydon22, who shifted all the blames to the male folks without condemning those girls who 'dress to kill', which in turn put them at the risk of getting raped.

If I could recall properly, Johnny asserted that, a girl could dress the way she likes, irrespective of the imaginations that type of dressing could be conjuring in a guy's mind. Isn't that another way of setting a bait for the fish and expecting the fish not to pounce on it?

Forgive me if I didn't put it the right way. All I wanted was your safety before rights. Because you can't pursue your rights when you're not even safe. I love women and respect them, without women none of us would've been breathing, so I can't wish them any harm.

Therefore, encourage your women folks to dress properly to avert some disaster. Remember it's the way you dress that you'll be addressed. Your dressing could earn you respect.... Or otherwise.

Thanks.
I agree. The truth is that you're more likely to get rape when you dress immodestly. Mark the word "more likely".

1 Like

Re: See Why You Must Avoid Immodest Attire by MarieSucre(f): 9:33pm On Jul 31, 2015
FarmTech:

I agree. The truth is that you're more likely to get rape when you dress immodestly. Mark the word "more likely".
You're also "more likely" to be robbed if your attire/car looks expensive. Does it make the robbery right?

1 Like

Re: See Why You Must Avoid Immodest Attire by MarieSucre(f): 9:37pm On Jul 31, 2015
herald9:
@Mariesucre seems you were once a victim. I could feel your pain in those posts, it runs deep.
But I wonder how that could've happened, cause even your face alone could scare a thousand rapists.

Now listen, I wasn't condoning rape, what I did was disagree with Johnydon22, who shifted all the blames to the male folks without condemning those girls who 'dress to kill', which in turn put them at the risk of getting raped.

If I could recall properly, Johnny asserted that, a girl could dress the way she likes, irrespective of the imaginations that type of dressing could be conjuring in a guy's mind. Isn't that another way of setting a bait for the fish and expecting the fish not to pounce on it?

Forgive me if I didn't put it the right way. All I wanted was your safety before rights. Because you can't pursue your rights when you're not even safe. I love women and respect them, without women none of us would've been breathing, so I can't wish them any harm.

Therefore, encourage your women folks to dress properly to avert some disaster. Remember it's the way you dress that you'll be addressed. Your dressing could earn you respect.... Or otherwise.

Thanks.

*my face is scary enough to chase a rapist away*

OK. the rest of the putrid glob is disregarded.

1 Like

Re: See Why You Must Avoid Immodest Attire by Eddlad: 9:58pm On Jul 31, 2015
MarieSucre:
You're also "more likely" to be robbed if your attire/car looks expensive. Does it make the robbery right?

Your analogy is wrong, more rightly put would be
You are more "more likely" to be robbed if you leave your car doors opened and leave the key in the ignition.

I would comment but regardless what I type, wear provocative dress, one irresponsible man would rape you, you will be pursing human right and gender equality and whatever you posted up there,after you have contracted any of the contractables, life would still go on.
Re: See Why You Must Avoid Immodest Attire by MarieSucre(f): 11:10pm On Jul 31, 2015
Eddlad:

Your analogy is wrong, more rightly put would be
You are more "more likely" to be robbed if you leave your car doors opened and leave the key in the ignition.

I would comment but regardless what I type, wear provocative dress, one irresponsible man would rape you, you will be pursing human right and gender equality and whatever you posted up there,after you have contracted any of the contractables, life would still go on.
Your analogy is wrong. Very wrong. You're more likely to be raped if you lie on the floor without undies and spread your legs.
Here is why it is wrong:

The analogy is built on the basis of appearance. You appear to be rich so a strongman's sense to possess what you have is aroused.
You appear to have more skin exposed so a wild animal's libido is aroused. It is the same thing.
Both scenarios is messed up because taking anything belong to anybody without their consent is wrong.

What is wrong with human rights and women rights?
Are you saying they are wrong?

Are you trying to justify rape?
Even if somebody leaves that car door open should that justify theft.
What if a homosexual man sees you dressed in those your fresh clothes looking fleek with that body hug shirt that shows your six packs and that tight jean that shows the bulge of your *clears throat*. Should he then push you into an uncompleted building and buttfucck you after all you aroused his libido?

What of the money in our treasuries that our politicians loot? Should we not complain because it is our fault for not putting pin on our "public fund" and making it look so juicy in the account for them?

STOP SUPPORTING BAD THING. RAPE IS WRONG NO MATTER WHAT.

People don't care in this world as far as it does not personally affect them so I don't blame you.

We keep complaining that the world is a bad place but we fail to condemn what makes it bad.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: See Why You Must Avoid Immodest Attire by herald9: 11:26pm On Jul 31, 2015
MarieSucre:

*my face is scary enough to chase a rapist away*

OK. the rest of the putrid glob is disregarded.
When you called me a rapist, did you expect me to smile and feel good with myself? It hurts so you know and I'm sorry if it hurts you too. Mmlm
But seriously you need to review your dp..... That one could scare a thousand ra... Scratch that...

Smile a little, it's good.
Re: See Why You Must Avoid Immodest Attire by Eddlad: 11:28pm On Jul 31, 2015
MarieSucre:
Your analogy is wrong. Very wrong. You're more likely to be raped if you lie on the floor without undies and spread your legs.
Here is why it is wrong:

The analogy is built on the basis of appearance. You appear to be rich so a strongman's sense to possess what you have us aroused.
You appear to have more skin exposed so a wild animal's libido is aroused. It is the same thing.

What is wrong with human rights and women rights?
Are you saying they are wrong?

Are you trying to justify rape?
Even if somebody leaves that car door open should that justify theft.
What if a homosexual man sees you dressed in those your fresh clothes looking fleek with that body hug shirt that shows your six packs and that tight jean that shows the bulge of your *clears throat*. Should he then push you into an uncompleted building and buttfucck you after you aroused his libido?

What of the money in our treasuries that our politicians loot? Should we not complain because it is our fault for not putting pin on our "public fund" and making it look so juicy in the account for them?

STOP SUPPORTING BAD THING. RAPE IS WRONG NO MATTER WHAT.

People don't care in this world as far as it does not personally affect them so I don't blame you.

We keep complaining that the world is a bad place but we fail to condemn what makes it bad.

Am a very understanding individual you didn't need all that to make me understand you.
I DON'T SUPPORT RAPE, AND YES IT AFFECTS ME PERSONALLY AND EVEN IF IT DIDN'T I CAN STILL SYMPATHIZE
Because I have female relations on all levels.
All am saying is, you can depend on the goodwill of people or you can take precautions afterall, humans are not the most honest and pleasant species from the little I know.
Re: See Why You Must Avoid Immodest Attire by MarieSucre(f): 12:04am On Aug 01, 2015
herald9:

When you called me a rapist, did you expect me to smile and feel good with myself? It hurts so you know and I'm sorry if it hurts you too. Mmlm
But seriously you need to review your dp..... That one could scare a thousand ra... Scratch that...

Smile a little, it's good.
I never called you a rapist. Quote where I did?

Plus how else should I address someone who endorses rape?

1 Like

Re: See Why You Must Avoid Immodest Attire by MarieSucre(f): 12:08am On Aug 01, 2015
Eddlad:

Am a very understanding individual you didn't need all that to make me understand you.
I DON'T SUPPORT RAPE, AND YES IT AFFECTS ME PERSONALLY AND EVEN IF IT DIDN'T I CAN STILL SYMPATHIZE
Because I have female relations on all levels.
All am saying is, you can depend on the goodwill of people or you can take precautions afterall, humans are not the most honest and pleasant species from the little I know.
I understand your position. Moreover rape does not happen to only females so saying you have female relatives is isolating the numerous male cases.

In the same vein let us not encourage or justify it because that gives it validity. Let us shame the rapists and the crime being committed. We do that to politicians. why exclude rapists. So pls I beseech thee, the next time a post like this is brought up shame the rapist and not make excuses for rape.

Thank you and Happy new month.

2 Likes

Re: See Why You Must Avoid Immodest Attire by Eddlad: 1:42am On Aug 01, 2015
MarieSucre:

I understand your position. Moreover rape does not happen to only females so saying you have female relatives is isolating the numerous male cases.

In the same vein let us not encourage or justify it because that gives it validity. Let us shame the rapists and the crime being committed. We do that to politicians. why exclude rapists. So pls I beseech thee, the next time a post like this is brought up shame the rapist and not make excuses for rape.

Thank you and Happy new month.

And you inferred from my post that I support male rape because I didn't mention it and being cautious is a form of justification?
I give up.
Re: See Why You Must Avoid Immodest Attire by MarieSucre(f): 9:27am On Aug 01, 2015
Eddlad:

And you inferred from my post that I support male rape because I didn't mention it and being cautious is a form of justification?
I give up.
I'm sorry for the misunderstanding. I did not say you "support" male rape but you "exclude" male rape. Grammar, Sir. Its all in my post.

There is nothing wrong with being cautious but when caution is advised as the only reply every time ANY atrocity is committed, it shifts responsibility from the culprit to the victim and makes the victim the only one culpable for the crimes. It leads to an air of normalization of said crime. And taking such a stance also leads to a lackadaisical attitude with dealing with it.

If the only reply given by the society with each Book Haram attack was for the victims or indigenes of affected zones to run and take cover and not enough condemnation of the dastardly act, there would be more bombs everywhere else but the north. Just like rape... because they(Boko Haram) would be emboldened knowing that people would be too busy playing the blame game to mount any form of defense.

WHERE EXACTLY DO WE DRAW THE LINE IN WHAT IS JUSTIFIED TO BE STOLEN AND WHAT IS NOT.
1, The gullible white man who meets a yahoo boy.
2, The woman who leaves her bag open in a bus
3,The elderly man who goes to buy a phone at computer village(he should have been cautious enough to take a younger man/woman who is knowledgeable about gadgets... so then, let's cheat him!
4, The woman who wears a jean trouser and shirt in the north(why didn't she wear a hijab too? Lets rape her!)
Come on. Just come on dude.

Shame. Public Shaming, criticism and disassociation is a powerful tool. Communist China used it through the 60's, 70's and 80's to keep public officials in line. Shame has been used against the victims for centuries to shield the act from it's due criticism. Its time we turn the tables and publicly shame, criticize and "not justify" rape of any form.

I'll be watching for your next posts on any topic concerning rape and I'm sure you will do the right thing.

Thanks. How is your August going so far?

1 Like

Re: See Why You Must Avoid Immodest Attire by Eddlad: 11:20am On Aug 01, 2015
MarieSucre:
I'm sorry for the misunderstanding. I did not say you "support" male rape but you "exclude" male rape. Grammar, Sir. Its all in my post.

There is nothing wrong with being cautious but when caution is advised as the only reply every time ANY atrocity is committed, it shifts responsibility from the culprit to the victim and makes the victim the only one culpable for the crimes. It leads to an air of normalization of said crime. And taking such a stance also leads to a lackadaisical attitude with dealing with it.

If the only reply given by the society with each Book Haram attack was for the victims or indigenes of affected zones to run and take cover and not enough condemnation of the dastardly act, there would be more bombs everywhere else but the north. Just like rape... because they(Boko Haram) would be emboldened knowing that people would be too busy playing the blame game to mount any form of defense.

WHERE EXACTLY DO WE DRAW THE LINE IN WHAT IS JUSTIFIED TO BE STOLEN AND WHAT IS NOT.
1, The gullible white man who meets a yahoo boy.
2, The woman who leaves her bag open in a bus
3,The elderly man who goes to buy a phone at computer village(he should have been cautious enough to take a younger man/woman who is knowledgeable about gadgets... so then, let's cheat him!
4, The woman who wears a jean trouser and shirt in the north(why didn't she wear a hijab too? Lets rape her!)
Come on. Just come on dude.

Shame. Public Shaming, criticism and disassociation is a powerful tool. Communist China used it through the 60's, 70's and 80's to keep public officials in line. Shame has been used against the victims for centuries to shield the act from it's due criticism. Its time we turn the tables and publicly shame, criticize and "not justify" rape of any form.

I'll be watching for your next posts on any topic concerning rape and I'm sure you will do the right thing.

Thanks. How is your August going so far?

How old are you? I think you should push your agenda through public gatherings, schools ,markets and whatnot, your ideas are not anything different but your enthusiasm will be acknowledged.
Please don't quote me again.
Re: See Why You Must Avoid Immodest Attire by MarieSucre(f): 11:42am On Aug 01, 2015
Eddlad:

How old are you? I think you should push your agenda through public gatherings, schools ,markets and whatnot, your ideas are not anything different but your enthusiasm will be acknowledged.
Please don't quote me again.

Hehehehe. You say you have a female relatives yet you call it "my agenda". woooow, just wooow. And "I" should not push the agenda, "We" as a society should. Stop getting defensive. Nigerians and their "it doesn't affect me so its not my business attitude".

Take care.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See Why You Must Avoid Immodest Attire by Eddlad: 11:49am On Aug 01, 2015
MarieSucre:

Hehehehe. You say you have a female relatives yet you call it "my agenda". woooow, just wooow. And "I" should not push the agenda, "We" as a society should. Stop getting defensive. Nigerians and their "it doesn't affect me so its not my business attitude".

Take care.

okay, "our agenda infact am the originator of the proposed idea,".
Can I go now?
Re: See Why You Must Avoid Immodest Attire by emmyskies(m): 11:13pm On Aug 11, 2015
An2elect2:
Am also guilty of dressing indecently sometimes. Lord have mercy. It is totally wrong for us to dress anyhow. I repent.
How far now? Done away with indecent dressing or you're still putting up with them and of course, procrastinating
Re: See Why You Must Avoid Immodest Attire by An2elect2(f): 11:36pm On Aug 11, 2015
emmyskies:

How far now? Done away with indecent dressing or you're still putting up with them and of course, procrastinating

Lol... you kept tabs on that? wow, thank you.

By God's grace i have...and i pray it continues this way.

Are you a sovereign grace believer?
Re: See Why You Must Avoid Immodest Attire by emmyskies(m): 8:18pm On Aug 12, 2015
An2elect2:

Lol... you kept tabs on that? wow, thank you.

By God's grace i have...and i pray it continues this way.

Are you a sovereign grace believer?

All thanks be unto GOD.
That's good to know. Buh to be honest, that's for a start.
By 'sovereign grace' , how do you mean? What's your definition so I won't speak based on presumption
Re: See Why You Must Avoid Immodest Attire by tck2000(m): 2:30pm On Jun 09, 2019
Beware of Indecent dressing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

There Are No Such Things As Witches And Wizards; It's Just A Psychiatric Issue / Stop The Killings - Pope Francis Tells Buhari / The Petition To Ban Funke Adejumo From UK: Nigerian Preachers Rise Against It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.