Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,082 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:16 AM

How Kenyan President Wisely Shut Down Obama On Gay Issue(video) - Foreign Affairs (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / How Kenyan President Wisely Shut Down Obama On Gay Issue(video) (65165 Views)

Nigerian Guy Insults Michelle Obama On Twitter. Nigerians React / Netanyahu Turns Down Obama Meeting And Cancels US Trip / Kenyan President Attends Wedding Of Couple Who Met Through Facebook. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Kenyan President Wisely Shut Down Obama On Gay Issue(video) by Originalsly: 3:02pm On Jul 26, 2015
PDPwayoo:

nobody is imposing it on anybody. Nobody has ever imposed it on me or my family. so why should i worry? YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO TELL PEOPLE HOW THEY LIVE OR WHAT THEY EAT. if its peaceful and no death, who cares?

Would you be as passionafe to support sibling marriage/incest as well?...as long as it is peaceful and no deaths? .... and don't pretend you didn't read this.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Kenyan President Wisely Shut Down Obama On Gay Issue(video) by fujirice: 3:03pm On Jul 26, 2015
Obama have lost it mehn!
Re: How Kenyan President Wisely Shut Down Obama On Gay Issue(video) by InvertedHammer: 3:04pm On Jul 26, 2015
Splashme:
Can our own do-nothing self masturbating Daura . . . learn how to give diplomatic responses to teething questions.

Uhuru Kenyatta is a President
/
I must admit that this is one speech that I listened to that moved me. The delivery was superb.
\
Re: How Kenyan President Wisely Shut Down Obama On Gay Issue(video) by sanmibukunmi: 3:04pm On Jul 26, 2015
Bollinger:

What you think does not matter. Reality does. If intelligent people were abound, by now it would have reflected in all aspects of societal life in Nigeria. But, as witnessed, the reverse is the case. One or two offshoot of intelligence has no significance if it depends on a majority of dullards to function.
Hmmmmm.......true
Re: How Kenyan President Wisely Shut Down Obama On Gay Issue(video) by Bollinger(m): 3:05pm On Jul 26, 2015
Originalsly:
Would you be as passionafe to support sibling marriage/incest as well?...as long as it is peaceful and no deaths? .... and don't pretend you didn't read this.

It's already beginning. There are lobbyist right now in America and Holland, fighting to make incest legal. People don't know how dangerous this live and let live mentality in relation to homosexuality is.

1 Like

Re: How Kenyan President Wisely Shut Down Obama On Gay Issue(video) by IamThrive(m): 3:07pm On Jul 26, 2015
I watched this video the first time, I doffed my cap for President Uhuru.

I watched it the second time, I understood clearly that there is a huge difference between a leader that is hoping to bring change by just saying it and only him knows when it will come from a leader that speaks about change him and his followers knows when it will come.

I later watched it the third time and in the same President Uhuru,I felt that Mandela-ic boldness that buried apartheid in SouthAfrica in your historical speech.

Viva President Kenyatta! Viva Kenya!! Viva AFRICA!!!

1 Like

Re: How Kenyan President Wisely Shut Down Obama On Gay Issue(video) by omotoyossi(m): 3:09pm On Jul 26, 2015
most nairalanders r lol..just so lame...FOR GOD' SAke!!!...d president already knew dat obama wud bring up d gay topic!!..so e wud av alredy ad a perfect speech planned n memorized..d pple here just think shallow!

2 Likes

Re: How Kenyan President Wisely Shut Down Obama On Gay Issue(video) by ritux: 3:10pm On Jul 26, 2015
1stCitizen:

O' Wailing wailer! Please tell me which is a good accent.......Australian, American or Scottish..... We all know they have different accents and intonations......The Scottish are quite difficult to understand but their fellow English country men never make reference to that.

But not you wailing wailer of African origin who incidentally is being ridiculed by others because of your heavy accents..... now feeling superior to your own

Have you ever heard of Malcolm X's description of a "House Nigger"..... Look in the mirror and ye shall find one

If u like, call me whatever u want, I don't give a damn shit. For your information, I schooled in Scotland and to be precise, Edinburgh. Interacting with different people of from different nationalities improved my speaking. If you meet me for the first time, and I start forming, u will think I am a black American or a Brit.

Now back to the issue, the respected world leaders, when you see them speak on TV or address people, they speak with confidence and strong aura. Not even our ex-president with his doctorate can speak like that. You have your own opinion and I respect your opinion. I also have mine which I have aired. See let me tell you, no matter how good you are, if you can't speak with confidence, nobody will take you serious.

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: How Kenyan President Wisely Shut Down Obama On Gay Issue(video) by Bollinger(m): 3:11pm On Jul 26, 2015
omotoyossi:
most nairalanders r lol..just so lame...FOR GOD' SAke!!!...d president already knew dat obama wud bring up d gay topic!!..so e wud av alredy ad a perfect speech planned n memorized..d pple here just think shallow!

True. But Buhari knew he was going to Germany. Why call it West Germany? Preparation and actual intelligence are two different things.
Re: How Kenyan President Wisely Shut Down Obama On Gay Issue(video) by omonnakoda: 3:12pm On Jul 26, 2015
IamThrive:
I watched this video the first time, I doffed my cap for President Uhuru.

I watched it the second time, I understood clearly that there is a huge difference between a leader that is hoping to bring change by just saying it and only him knows when it will come from a leader that speaks about change him and his followers knows when it will come.

President Uhuru,I felt that Mandela-ic boldness that buried apartheid in SouthAfrica in your historical speech.

Viva President Kenyatta! Viva Kenya!! Viva AFRICA!!!
Obama has made so many great speeches-in fact he is so good at speeches he won a Nobel prize without doing anything but the job of a president is not just speeches especially in Africa and Kenya. The problems in Kenya cannot be talked away by great speeches. It will take a lot more to deal with Al-shabab and no doubt the Kenyan people would prefer he deals with that even if he cannot speak coherently.

After all the talk what has Obama achieved
Re: How Kenyan President Wisely Shut Down Obama On Gay Issue(video) by omonnakoda: 3:17pm On Jul 26, 2015
ritux:

If u like, call me whatever u want, I don't give a damn shit. For your information, I schooled in Scotland and to be precise, Edinburgh. Interacting with different people of from different nationalities improved my speaking. If you meet me for the first time, and I start forming, u will think I am a black American or a Brit.

Now back to the issue, the respected world leaders, when you see them speak on TV or address people, they speak with confidence and strong aura. Not even our ex-president with his doctorate can speak like that. You have your own opinion and I respect your opinion. I also have mine which I have aired. See let me tell you, no matter how good you are, if you can't speak with confidence, nobody will take you serious.

Cheers!
You appear to conflate speaking with confidence and accents. I am confused. People took Abacha very seriously when he was around. When you say improved your speaking so much that you may be "mistaken for a Brit or American,is that an "IMPROVEMENT"? that you sound British??
Re: How Kenyan President Wisely Shut Down Obama On Gay Issue(video) by ritux: 3:17pm On Jul 26, 2015
Symphony007:
I thank you for your calm and sensible response, it's something lacking on this forum. We may disagree greatly on this issue and I do not begrudge you for that. I am heterosexual but I will always stand for the rights of gays as I belive they have a fight to their lives so far as it does not affect the next person negatively, for years, humans have tried to set standard on what is right or not, in the 60's, it was inter racial marriage and just like this there was a lot of reasons against it, where is it today? ...we as nigerians have a lot of problems but our leaders are pointing to that shinny thing in the corner called gay rights and we are playing along while they rob us dry, forgetting that there has not been a single protest or Nigerian in this territory advocating for rights whatsoever, they are busy doing whatever they do in their private bedrooms, so why channel so much energy and hate on a non issue? Is according to Uhuru kenyatta, gay rights is a non issue, why does it warrant discussion in federal parliaments across africa puting our various problems in the back seat. As a continent, we can channel our energies in what people do in the privacy of their rooms that is going on somewhere even as we speak and can't stop or we can move to better things that ensure be bequeathed a better africa to our kids than we currently have. Thanks!

Thanks mate for enlightening me with some history. I apologise for saying shame to you. I should have respected your opinion on the subject. Like you said, it should be the prerogative of individual to follow what they believe.
Re: How Kenyan President Wisely Shut Down Obama On Gay Issue(video) by Symphony007: 3:21pm On Jul 26, 2015
ritux:

Thanks mate for enlightening me with some history. I apologise for saying shame to you. I should have respected your opinion on the subject. Like you said, it should be the prerogative of individual to follow what they believe.
it is my pleasure and I am very grateful for the resolution.
Re: How Kenyan President Wisely Shut Down Obama On Gay Issue(video) by ritux: 3:23pm On Jul 26, 2015
omonnakoda:
You appear to conflate speaking with confidence and accents. I am confused. People took Abacha very seriously when he was around. When you say improved your speaking so much that you may be "mistaken for a Brit or American,is that an "IMPROVEMENT"? that you sound British??

Our last 3 presidents, Yar Adua, GEJ and now GMB are all bad when it comes to speaking with confidence and also they have bad accents.
Re: How Kenyan President Wisely Shut Down Obama On Gay Issue(video) by porka: 3:26pm On Jul 26, 2015
Symphony007:
you want to compare standard of living in the UAE to africa? Even if africa's presidents for life give a little of their loot to their subject it will be better.

[size=13pt]I don't want to compare the 'standard of living' in UAE to Africa's, that is not the subject of your argument which I responded to.

Your point was on 'corruption and theft' of resources. By bringing standard of living into the equation now, are you saying the monumental corruption of the Arab 'rulers' does not matter to you anymore?

When they talk of standard of living, it transcends beyond eating and drinking and producing children like rats. It extends to freedom technically; both mental and physical.

Would you rather you have a Sultan Abacha or King Buhari who enslaves you as his 'subject' but gives you few dollars to produce children like rats while he buys businesses in Monaco and Brussels? At least your 'standard of living' would be better than it is now even though your wife or sister won't be able to drive and can't even go out without a veil.

Be that as the may, if you have any country with a few millions in population with oil and gas reserves in billion metrics, whose 'life president' is not giving his 'subjects' his loots then you have not searched well.

Ghadafi once built a 'river in the desert'. You want to compare the 'standard of living' of Libyans today with that the rest Africans?

By the way, most of Africans are citizens not subjects.[/size]

1 Like

Re: How Kenyan President Wisely Shut Down Obama On Gay Issue(video) by omonnakoda: 3:26pm On Jul 26, 2015
Symphony007:
I thank you for your calm and sensible response, it's something lacking on this forum. We may disagree greatly on this issue and I do not begrudge you for that. I am heterosexual but I will always stand for the rights of gays as I belive they have a fight to their lives so far as it does not affect the next person negatively, for years, humans have tried to set standard on what is right or not, in the 60's, it was inter racial marriage and just like this there was a lot of reasons against it, where is it today? ...we as nigerians have a lot of problems but our leaders are pointing to that shinny thing in the corner called gay rights and we are playing along while they rob us dry, forgetting that there has not been a single protest or Nigerian in this territory advocating for rights whatsoever, they are busy doing whatever they do in their private bedrooms, so why channel so much energy and hate on a non issue? Is according to Uhuru kenyatta, gay rights is a non issue, why does it warrant discussion in federal parliaments across africa puting our various problems in the back seat. As a continent, we can channel our energies in what people do in the privacy of their rooms that is going on somewhere even as we speak and can't stop or we can move to better things that ensure be bequeathed a better africa to our kids than we currently have. Thanks!
The reality is that for 40 years of our independence homosexuality related crimes have generally not been an issue in Nigeria and many other African countries Even though it has always been a rime according to the penal code which incidentally we inherited from Britain,it was generally overlooked by polie
However there is ,recently,an intensification of the clamour for mainstreaming of homosexuality including a drive for institutionalization e.g advocacy for teaching children as well as a clamour for marriage rights etc . That escalation is perceived as threatening to social order and is a a level of change Africans are not ready for now it is perceived as a MOVEMENT driven from outside and has triggered a counter advocacy against.That is the context in which it must seen. I am not aware of any person being arrested or charged before 2010 but because people feel they are being stampeded to mainstream and provide for relationships that are strange to them they are acting this way. Let me remind you that in the US and most of Europe they do not accept or make legal provision for polygamy and it is still a crime in many European countries and US states so let us not lose sight of that too

1 Like

Re: How Kenyan President Wisely Shut Down Obama On Gay Issue(video) by omonnakoda: 3:30pm On Jul 26, 2015
ritux:

Our last 3 presidents, Yar Adua, GEJ and now GMB are all bad when it comes to speaking with confidence and also they have bad accents.
What do you mean by bad accent please enlighten me
Re: How Kenyan President Wisely Shut Down Obama On Gay Issue(video) by geemeshin(m): 3:36pm On Jul 26, 2015
I like this!

Soreza:
KENYA PRESIDENT JUST EARNED MY RESPECT WATCH VIDEO BELOW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkUUYUDTJxg
Re: How Kenyan President Wisely Shut Down Obama On Gay Issue(video) by UyiIredia(m): 3:38pm On Jul 26, 2015
Obama: . . . the idea that they [gay] should be treated differently or abused because of whom they love is wrong. Full stop.

Kenyatta: . . . the fact is that this issue is not one that is foremost in the mind of Kenyans, and that is the fact.

Obama 0 - Kenyatta 1
Re: How Kenyan President Wisely Shut Down Obama On Gay Issue(video) by RealEstate38: 3:42pm On Jul 26, 2015
Affordable LANDS FOR SALE and APARTMENTS FOR RENT at "33" area of Onitsha Anambra state, interested persons should contact KEN on 08136517728
Re: How Kenyan President Wisely Shut Down Obama On Gay Issue(video) by UyiIredia(m): 3:44pm On Jul 26, 2015
omonnakoda:
The reality is that for 40 years of our independence homosexuality related crimes have generally not been an issue in Nigeria and many other African countries Even though it has always been a rime according to the penal code which incidentally we inherited from Britain,it was generally overlooked by polie
However there is ,recently,an intensification of the clamour for mainstreaming of homosexuality including a drive for institutionalization e.g advocacy for teaching children as well as a clamour for marriage rights etc . That escalation is perceived as threatening to social order and is a a level of change Africans are not ready for now it is perceived as a MOVEMENT driven from outside and has triggered a counter advocacy against.That is the context in which it must seen. I am not aware of any person being arrested or charged before 2010 but because people feel they are being stampeded to mainstream and provide for relationships that are strange to them they are acting this way. Let me remind you that in the US and most of Europe they do not accept or make legal provision for polygamy and it is still a crime in many European countries and US states so let us not lose sight of that too

Indeed, while the African society was hostile to gays there was no need to legalize that hostility. It was advocacy for it along with the drive for institutionalization (as seen in series which Africans watch) which made African governments take legislative measures against it. I also don't understand why polygamy is legislated against. There's nothing wrong with it.
Re: How Kenyan President Wisely Shut Down Obama On Gay Issue(video) by ritux: 3:47pm On Jul 26, 2015
omonnakoda:

What do you mean by bad accent please enlighten me

Forget it.
Re: How Kenyan President Wisely Shut Down Obama On Gay Issue(video) by Sagamite(m): 3:51pm On Jul 26, 2015
FannySwindler:
Sagamite. Anyone who has different opinion to yours is a cretinous Fucck Tard. Is that the only vocabulary you understand. You can't express yourself from a logical point of view.

That's you Destiny...take it elsewhere.

I will not derail thread by exchanging words with you. One thing is certain... You don't and will never get my attention. C.A.M.

Go In Peace

You are a cretinous fuuktard.

Cretinous fuuktards are retards that make statements they can't back up, not those that have a different opinion.

Fuuktard, don't think you can hide under "I have a different opinion" or "it is my opinion".

Tell me in which country you see people being jailed for being homosexuals.

Tell me how homosexuals have their rights taken away.

Don't be pulling moronic opinions from your arsse or moronic platitudes you have been brainwashed with and sharing it on a public forum.
Re: How Kenyan President Wisely Shut Down Obama On Gay Issue(video) by Edunwa302(m): 3:52pm On Jul 26, 2015
Perfectly!!!!!!!! Wish we can adopt presi uhuru as Nigerian presi
Wat a wise presi
Re: How Kenyan President Wisely Shut Down Obama On Gay Issue(video) by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jul 26, 2015
Sagamite. Ssssh. C.A.M.
Re: How Kenyan President Wisely Shut Down Obama On Gay Issue(video) by Sagamite(m): 3:53pm On Jul 26, 2015
Symphony007:
I did! That's why your little brain could not come up with an appopraite and factual response.

You are a cretinous fuuktard!

Which failed education system produced a cretin like you?

Fuuktard, what link did you daft brain have with critiques and consumers?

That stewpidity was Einsteinish in your school?
Re: How Kenyan President Wisely Shut Down Obama On Gay Issue(video) by DECOtech(m): 4:00pm On Jul 26, 2015
debo07:
he's busy enjoying Mitchell while encouraging others to sex same sex.I use to like him but not anymore.

You say this cos you actually think or believe that Mitchell Obama is naturally a woman?
Re: How Kenyan President Wisely Shut Down Obama On Gay Issue(video) by UyiIredia(m): 4:01pm On Jul 26, 2015
Originalsly:
At the same time I thought it was disrespectful and arrogant for the US President to raise such an issue publicly in Africa period.

Indeed. I wonder if he had the balls to raise it up when he toured the Middle East. In fact, fear no let am talk say make dem treat Christians equally.
Re: How Kenyan President Wisely Shut Down Obama On Gay Issue(video) by Ekaka1(m): 4:06pm On Jul 26, 2015
soe:
mumu.....PMB did the same thing right inside the White house.

#GoogleIsAFriend.

You guys can even defend a rebellious satan.
Show video like that of UHURU or Idonblevit!!
Re: How Kenyan President Wisely Shut Down Obama On Gay Issue(video) by UyiIredia(m): 4:11pm On Jul 26, 2015
skyfullofstars:
Now, on the topic itself... I come from a country where gay people get married.

What country are you from please ? Just curious.
Re: How Kenyan President Wisely Shut Down Obama On Gay Issue(video) by porka: 4:15pm On Jul 26, 2015
Symphony007:

[size=13pt]NO!

You are the one committing fallacy here.

People like you are very insincere. They bring a fight to you but blame you when you fight back.

Africans were doing their thing innocently. Trying to sort out myriads of problems. Some self inflicted, others influenced from outside.

Several years of colonial rule, wars, famine, brutal dictatorships and military rule, corruption, egregious cultural practices, diseases and all. No one offered any help, no one lend any helping hands. Instead of a help, they stoke our problems. If they even sense that we are getting any help from anyone they threaten the helpers and bring up more destabilization schemes.

And then in the midst of these, from the blues, Barack Obama, David Cameron and their homosexual juggernauts told Africans in UNMISTAKABLE TERMS that we MUST accept HOMOSEXUALITY or they would stop stupid GRANTS/AIDS from coming to us. They claim it's now a RIGHT to be a homosexual. And then they are following up by establishing HOMOSEXUAL CELLS in Africa through some known NGOs where large sums of money are distributed to hungry and degenerates to spread their nonsense.

Prior to that, anti-homosexual laws have been in Africa for centuries. Some people know some people who are effeminate, while there are few cases of homosexuality being reported in some sections of the society, no one gave it any importance. No one lost any sleep, they were just considered some weird stuffs but not worthy of attention; it's even doubtful if anyone was convicted by the laws.

Obama and Cameron bringing world homosexual agenda to Africa in spite of our cultures have energized Africans and united everyone against the new imperialism; all cultures, all religions, all countries are united, (the few vulnerable ones will bounce back as soon as they sort out their economic problems). We have to show that times have changed. We are beaming our searchlights on some stupid and nonsensical stuffs like that which are to be FORCED on us by the imperialists.

The most offensive thing in all this is that Obama and Cameron and Hillary Clinton go to Arab countries, they go to Asia, go visit Russia officially, and there are no reports of them ever mentioning a FORCEFUL acceptance of homosexuality to leaders in these places. They rather bow in obeisance to their kings and rulers. Why Africa? And to think that these are the people who kill their people, bomb their planes and threaten them with nuclear attacks routinely. Is it until we borrow the strategies of these people that they will take us seriously and give us some respect? Why these nonsense treatment?

What do you want African parliaments to do? You simply want Africa to capitulate? You would be the most foolish man on earth if you think that way. We are ready this time around. Current African leaders are even very "liberal" with Obama and his people. Wait till the current youths become leaders and you will know what is called "protection of a people's dignity'. We will protect ourselves!

How do you come to someone's house to threaten him and then get offended when he brings his cutlass out to cut-off your head?[/size]

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Kenyan President Wisely Shut Down Obama On Gay Issue(video) by oshaosha2014(m): 4:22pm On Jul 26, 2015
ritux:

How is Obama's accent is it bad or good? And is their a standard accent for speaking well?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Photo Of A U.S Soldier Nursing The Afghan Baby Handed Over By Mother / Donald Trump 'Sentenced To Death' By North Korea For Insulting Kim Jong Un / Emmanuel Macron Holds Hajia Hinda Deby During Husband's State Funeral

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.