Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,164 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:54 AM

Homosexuality Is NOT Un-African - The Evidence - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Homosexuality Is NOT Un-African - The Evidence (9151 Views)

BIAFRA Vs Buratai: International Rights Group Release Evidence Against Army. / Wektas Unable To Defend All The Evidence Against Saraki / ‎ ''El-Rufai Produced The Evidence Against Saraki'' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Homosexuality Is NOT Un-African - The Evidence by DDoubleUps(m): 7:53am On Jul 27, 2015
ideykwum:
What you say is not alien to Igbos! Okrikans in Rivers State practised the same!! But, both for the Igbos and the Okrikans, it was never for the parties to indulge in homosexual acts, but to have a male impregnate the chosen female so that whoever she gives birth to will bear the name of the family and propagate their dynasty or family name!! Don't get it twisted!

IF it is just to be married and bear children, why does the culture allow another woman to do it? why not for the marrying woman to just go get pregnant from anywhere and bear children to continue the family dynasty? Why does it go that she will have to marry for the woman to go get pregnant? the downline is that the woman authomatically assumes the position of a man and the duties obligated to men in the family authomatically becomes hers and so she can marry and not just marry but perform manly duties to the women she married... i was a witness to one such case where a woman married by another woman brought a case to the elders of the marrying woman dulging from performing her sexual duty on her... yes she is allowed to get pregnant from outside with another man, but yet the marrying woman is the person that will share her bed with her every night and keep her warm in a way a man should to his wife and tell me is that not also homosexualism or unafrican?
Re: Homosexuality Is NOT Un-African - The Evidence by Change2015(m): 8:38am On Jul 27, 2015
TRUTHTOPOWER:

'Drunken' 'beer parlour' in a 15 word sentence as a response to a point of view containing no vulgarity. It is futile to expect dignity of intellect from a people who are irredeemably stuck on literal filth - no pun intended. it is your preroragative and the justice of your crime is also a societal prerogative. Happily the law does not proscribe homosexuality, so you can do it only on the pain of imprisonment QED.

Hear ye this. A person can have whatever sexuality and not act on it. For Christians whatever your sexuality you are meant to express it only within marriage. The ideal Catholic priest has voluntarily forsaken sexual activities. So, (light-bulb moment for you) your sexuality is not something "you can do", it is more about who you are. Because ignorance like yours is so common, most Nigerian homosexuals are married and probably church and mosque - going, to satisfy the prejudices of the ignorant many.
Re: Homosexuality Is NOT Un-African - The Evidence by Nobody: 8:52am On Jul 27, 2015
DDoubleUps:
IF it is just to be married and bear children, why does the culture allow another woman to do it? why not for the marrying woman to just go get pregnant from anywhere and bear children to continue the family dynasty? Why does it go that she will have to marry for the woman to go get pregnant? the downline is that the woman authomatically assumes the position of a man and the duties obligated to men in the family authomatically becomes hers and so she can marry and not just marry but perform manly duties to the women she married... i was a witness to one such case where a woman married by another woman brought a case to the elders of the marrying woman dulging from performing her sexual duty on her... yes she is allowed to get pregnant from outside with another man, but yet the marrying woman is the person that will share her bed with her every night and keep her warm in a way a man should to his wife and tell me is that not also homosexualism or unafrican?
This is how it works dear, in a family without any male to carry on the family. The female in the family who are probably married and are living with their husband will agree to "marry" for their dead father. they provide the resources while elders who are mostly male relatives do the payment of dowaries and other traditional rites on behalf of their death relatives. Once the contract is sealed the new bridge moves in to live in the family house and procreate as she wishes. While the daughters and wife of the supposedly late husband provides for the new bride and her offsprings who automatically are consider members of the family with equal rights. The point is that traditionally it is not possible to contract a marriage between two ladies. The article is misleading.

2 Likes

Re: Homosexuality Is NOT Un-African - The Evidence by AAinEqGuinea: 9:31am On Jul 27, 2015
@op sorry bruh you can't have this discussion without...

Re: Homosexuality Is NOT Un-African - The Evidence by dustydee: 9:50am On Jul 27, 2015
ROSSIKE:
Please I'd like to know your views/take on these issues:
1. What do you think about relationship between parents and their children? It is still banned in the west - is it not a violation of their human rights if two consenting adults decide to have intimate relations?
2. Why is polygamy still banned in the west?
3. Where do you draw the line between morality and human rights?

I do not agree that gay relations should be criminalised but I agree that society should determine whether it is acceptable or not.

Waiting for your answers, please.
Re: Homosexuality Is NOT Un-African - The Evidence by BannedOtherView: 10:17am On Jul 27, 2015
aresa:
It is of course un African just like all our hand me down colomentality afflictions.

Homo-sexuality- is part of the African landscape and has been since the beginning of time with zero zero issues, discrimination or prejudice same way we practiced our different traditional religions with no worries or conflicts, but the white man showed up with their repressive colonial laws and divisive religions.

Now you are discriminating against yourselves, passing laws and locking up your own brothers and sisters, you are killing and slaughtering yourselves over their imported religion.. The white man is realized his errors and poor judgment and is now passing laws to protect his own brothers and sisters while the dumb and clueless black man is foolishly doing the opposite.

Independence didn't stop colonialism, in fact Africans are now the main promoters of the evils of colonialism..

The funny thing is; most of those who are immutable to reason do not understand that state-sanctioned homophobia is a carry-over from colonialism, just as you described.

I double-dare any of those peddling uninformed views to zero-in on the former French colonies, to see how different their laws actually are...
How is it that Francophone Chad and Niger both have a different policy to Anglophone Nigeria - their neighbour - if not for the imprint of colonialism? What about Côte d'Ivoire and Ghana, which were similarly partitioned by fortune hunters from Western Europe?

"Same-sex sexual activities between adults have never been criminalised in Burkina Faso, Central African Republic, Chad, Republic of the Congo, Côte d'Ivoire, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Djibouti, Gabon, Madagascar, Mali, Niger, and Rwanda."
Source

Regardless of what one thinks about same-sex relationships; criminalizing the practice and consigning fellow Africans to the status of second-class citizens is, retaaarded and inimical to growth and development.
To those who are concerned about its impact on population growth - I am yet to find one verifiable argument that proves this minority group have any impact, whatsoever, on the upward trend.

One more thing, it takes the mind of a simpleton to adduce that all those who see this as a civil/human rights issue are themselves gay.

5 Likes

Re: Homosexuality Is NOT Un-African - The Evidence by TruthisOut: 10:50am On Jul 27, 2015
ROSSIKE, you just wasted 24 hours of your damned life trying to prove why a mental patient is not really mad but he just sees things differently. smh... that was just a useful energy dissipated wrongly.

1 Like

Re: Homosexuality Is NOT Un-African - The Evidence by Nobody: 11:18am On Jul 27, 2015
sinkhole:
I actually agree with the OP that homo existed and still exists in Africa, but the fact is that, it was never celebrated, people who practised it were never looked upon as being normal, they were seing as being sick or possesed by some spirit and hence needed treatment/cleansing, and some will go as far as killing them(I think Britain did same to homos way back before they changed and approved them)!
Do you have any evidence to support your claim that gays were persecuted and killed in pre-colonial Africa? If not, kindly desist from making false claims you cannot support with evidence.

1 Like

Re: Homosexuality Is NOT Un-African - The Evidence by Nobody: 11:25am On Jul 27, 2015
aresa:
It is of course un African just like all our hand me down colomentality afflictions.

Homo-sexuality- is part of the African landscape and has been since the beginning of time with zero zero issues, discrimination or prejudice same way we practiced our different traditional religions with no worries or conflicts, but the white man showed up with their repressive colonial laws and divisive religions.

Now you are discriminating against yourselves, passing laws and locking up your own brothers and sisters, you are killing and slaughtering yourselves over their imported religion.. The white man is realized his errors and poor judgment and is now passing laws to protect his own brothers and sisters while the dumb and clueless black man is foolishly doing the opposite.

Independence didn't stop colonialism, in fact Africans are now the main promoters of the evils of colonialism..

Sad but true. The main reason for this thread was to correct the notion that gay practises are 'unAfrican'. I think we have pretty much established that that claim is nonsense, and derives from a tragic ignorance among Africans regarding their past.

1 Like

Re: Homosexuality Is NOT Un-African - The Evidence by abagoro(m): 11:41am On Jul 27, 2015
BannedOtherView:

I am afraid this is a puerile argumen that does little to counter Rossike's assertion.
(1) Do you procreate every time you have sex?
(2) Should those who are incapable of procreating (men and women alike) abstain from sex?

#ElevateTheDebate

Here is my first contribution.

abagoro:
Nature made sex strictly for procreation but humans turned it to recreation and then followed by all types of experiment to add fun to the recreation. These include bossom sex, anal, use of toys, same sex and even animal sex.

Ordinarily nobody cared about these things until the recent past that it became a kind of culture the West wanted to impose on the rest of the world. The result is homophobia which never existed prior to as recently as 2010 in Nigeria.

What it means is that its basically for procreation and in order to sustain our existence, nature made it pleasurable. At 1st Humans deviced means of enjoying the pleasure without its resultant pregnancy. When they felt it was becoming boring, different things were added with homosexuality , machine sex and animal sex being among.
Re: Homosexuality Is NOT Un-African - The Evidence by Nobody: 11:59am On Jul 27, 2015
smarthG:
Its actually not un-african but its demonic and won't be allowed to spread allover.

You can pratice n your confine, who cares, but for a it to be celebrated in the public, NO.

Therefore, its un-african! embarassed

What is a demon

2 Likes

Re: Homosexuality Is NOT Un-African - The Evidence by Curlieweed: 1:49pm On Jul 27, 2015
ROSSIKE:
Sad but true. The main reason for this thread was to correct the notion that gay practises are 'unAfrican'. I think we have pretty much established that that claim is nonsense, and derives from a tragic ignorance among Africans regarding their past.

'Nuff respect for the thankless job of educating the bigoted and willfully ignorant masses.

Our current homophobia and other instances of sexual hypocrisy is an unfortunate hangover of colonialism which enabled us adopt some of the most unsavoury of Victorian prejudices. In most cases, this predilection may be relatively harmless like the hypocrites who daily harangue us about how "skimpy" dresses in our hot (usually humid) climate is so "unafrican".

In other cases the result may be more devastating as in the case of the AIDS epidemic where our Victorian reluctance to have open discussions about sex (as well as unthinking stigmatization) resulted in the death of millions and almost wiped out whole communities.

Like the maestro said,

"You say you be colonial man,
they done release you now
But you never release yourself.

1 Like

Re: Homosexuality Is NOT Un-African - The Evidence by TRUTHTOPOWER: 3:19pm On Jul 27, 2015
Change2015:

Hear ye this. A person can have whatever sexuality and not act on it. For Christians whatever your sexuality you are meant to express it only within marriage. The ideal Catholic priest has voluntarily forsaken sexual activities. So, (light-bulb moment for you) your sexuality is not something "you can do", it is more about who you are. Because ignorance like yours is so common, most Nigerian homosexuals are married and probably church and mosque - going, to satisfy the prejudices of the ignorant many.

Being sexually challenged is not "Who you are" it is a biological/psychological accident which created emotional contradictions in you. Nature abhors vacuum. "who you are" must be completed with "what you need" "strictly" to be "Who you are" . in the event that nature fails to provide you with "What you need" to be "who you claim to be" your claim to some "visible" extent is at "variance" with the "order of nature". As a human being you have the capacity to "conquer" nature in the areas where it left you a little "shortchanged". You find ways to fill the "Vacuum" of nature. When the "normal" is not desirable then the "abnormal" becomes a "natural" necessity. Because we are talking about modifying nature here the process comes with inevitable consequences. The majority are too self-preserving to collapse under the yoke of sexual right blackmail.
Re: Homosexuality Is NOT Un-African - The Evidence by Imokay: 5:17pm On Jul 27, 2015
Reyginus:
Okay.

Let me also ask this question. Do you think there is any way it promotes humanity? As in, in the survival of the human race is Homosexuality's role the better option? That is when compared to heterosexuality. I just want to understand how you understand it.

Taking on the point of survival of the human race, how come celibacy is not equally criminalized. Why is there no law that imposes that heterosexual couples must have children or go to jail if they fail to produce?

2 Likes

Re: Homosexuality Is NOT Un-African - The Evidence by Imokay: 5:19pm On Jul 27, 2015
abagoro:
ROSSIKE are you gay? Nature made sex strictly for procreation but humans turned it to recreation and then folliwed by all types of experiment to add fun to the recreation. These include bossom sex, anal, use of toys, same sex and even animal sex.

Ordinarily nobody cared about these things until the recent past that it became a kind of culture the West wanted to impose on the rest of the world. The result is homophobia which never existed prior to as recently as 2010 in Nigeria.

Will you also support 14 year jail term for anyone caught with evidence of sex that fails to produce children and campaign for the banning of condom and contaceptives?

2 Likes

Re: Homosexuality Is NOT Un-African - The Evidence by Imokay: 5:26pm On Jul 27, 2015
Shymm3x:
Lmao at Rossike still peddling all these LGBT revisionist myths that have been exposed as fraud time ago. grin

Live and let's live, but when you start twisting history to suit ya fantasies, then it becomes problematic.

Homosexuality started in Europe as a noble thing and it remained an European lifestyle, until recently.

The original black man!

[img]https://allhiphop.files./2015/07/tumblr_nq817zgeaq1tr6q14o1_500.gif[/img]

Pure undiluted ignorance on display, the homosexuality mentioned in the old testament of the Bible you all bandy about was also originated from Europe? Maybe you can tell us the European country where Sodom is located

1 Like

Re: Homosexuality Is NOT Un-African - The Evidence by Imokay: 5:39pm On Jul 27, 2015
TRUTHTOPOWER:

Everything that involves intrinsically perverse facets in Africa is unAfrican. By perverse I mean (1) not widespread (2) dirty. (homo) philia is natural but (homo) sex has no anatomical basis. as it is unnatural to walk on my hands, it is also unnatural to subject non-genital organ to sexual use. The question is what happens if we do what is anatomically unnatural? When it is about sex the consequence is multidimensional, sexual meltdown as we have in Western countries. This places a greater burden on health and social fabrique. can poor African countries permit this as a sacrifice for homosexual minorities. the answer is no. will Africa evolve? not likely! heterosexuality supports gender separation. when you mix things up the current system will collapse and it will be bad for all.

I hope you understand in your heart that with the bold you lack Integrity if you and your spouse engage in any kind of hand job during sex.

1 Like

Re: Homosexuality Is NOT Un-African - The Evidence by abagoro(m): 5:50pm On Jul 27, 2015
Imokay:

Will you also support 14 year jail term for anyone caught with evidence of sex that fails to produce children and campaign for the banning of condom and contaceptives?

I do not even support punishing gays at all. Gays were always tolerated in Nigeria and Africa until 2010 when the world powers wanted to make it constitutional for same sex marriage.

What I wrote was as a philosopher and it is unchallengeable.
Re: Homosexuality Is NOT Un-African - The Evidence by Imokay: 5:50pm On Jul 27, 2015
BannedOtherView:

One more thing, it takes the mind of a simpleton to adduce that all those who see this as a civil/human rights issue are themselves gay.

1 Like

Re: Homosexuality Is NOT Un-African - The Evidence by carinmom(f): 6:31pm On Jul 27, 2015
ROSSIKE:

Why exactly should we regard your ''Holy Bible'' as anything other than an irrelevant, imported collection of mythical verses? You've no right to impose your ''Holy Bible'' on Africans.
Are you gay

1 Like

Re: Homosexuality Is NOT Un-African - The Evidence by carinmom(f): 6:43pm On Jul 27, 2015
nduchucks:
Truth be told, there were effeminate men who spoke like women and had boy friends, in our town. They were actually accepted by society and many of them sold "kose/akara" which they fried publicly. These gay men were called Dan Daudu or Yan Daudu.

The men who were their boyfriends were not labeled. These people should be left alone, in my humble opinion.

Unfortunately, as a personal matter, I can't endorse same sex marriage of any form. This type of marriage is indeed very unAfrican.

Agreed Yan daudu are still found in our towns going about their businesses, nobody is hounding them. What we are strictly against is its legalization. Shikenan!
Re: Homosexuality Is NOT Un-African - The Evidence by Duru1(m): 7:39pm On Jul 27, 2015
ROSSIKE:
Homosexuality is not un-African

It is legalized homophobia, not same-sex relations, that is alien to Africa

April 26, 2014

by Sylvia Tamale

During a prime time interview with BBC’s “Hard Talk” show in March 2012, Ugandan President Yoweri Museveni noted, “Homosexuals in small numbers have always existed in our part of black Africa …They were never prosecuted. They were never discriminated against.”

Earlier this year, confronted by internal and external pressure, Museveni reversed himself and signed the Anti-Homosexuality Bill in the full glare of the media — declaring that homosexuality was Western-imposed. Before signing the law, Museveni asked a team of top-notch Ugandan scientists to help him make an educated decision. The panel’s report did not mince words: “In every society, there is a small number of people with homosexual tendencies.”

Museveni’s bizarre actions can only be interpreted as a political ploy ahead of presidential elections scheduled for early 2016. Having been at the helm since 1986, Museveni faces serious competition both within and outside his party, not to mention a restless population afflicted by a high cost of living, unemployment and a general disgust with rampant corruption. By the stroke of a pen, Museveni succumbed to populist pressures and condemned an otherwise law-abiding sexual minority to maximum sentences of life imprisonment.

Uganda is not alone in its anti-gay crusade. Nigeria recently passed a law criminalizing homosexuality. Several other African countries — including Ethiopia, Kenya, Tanzania, Cameroon and Sierra Leone — have all expressed the desire to emulate Uganda and Nigeria. At least 38 African countries already proscribe consensual same-sex behavior.

The sad, tired but widely accepted myth that homosexuality is un-African has been valorized and erected on the altar of falsehood time after time. It is a myth that has been played out in numerous contexts, most recently over the debate on Uganda’s anti-homosexuality bill. However, historical facts demand that this fable be debunked once and for all.

African sexualities

The 'homosexuality is un-African' myth is anchored on an old practice of selectively invoking African culture by those in power. African women are familiar with the mantra. “It is un-African” whenever they assert their rights, particularly those rights that involve reproductive autonomy and sexual sovereignty.

The mistaken claim that anything is un-African is based on the essentialist assumption that Africa is a homogeneous entity. In reality, however, Africa is made up of thousands of ethnic groups with rich and diverse cultures and sexualities. As appealing as the notion of African culture may be to some people, no such thing exists. Moreover, even if we wanted to imagine an authentic African culture, like all others, it would not be static.

African history is replete with examples of both erotic and nonerotic same-sex relationships. For example, the ancient cave paintings of the San people near Guruve in Zimbabwe depict two men engaged in some form of ritual sex. During precolonial times, the “mudoko dako,” or effeminate males among the Langi of northern Uganda were treated as women and could marry men. In Buganda, one of the largest traditional kingdoms in Uganda, it was an open secret that Kabaka (king) Mwanga II, who ruled in the latter half of the 19th century, was gay.

The vocabulary used to describe same-sex relations in traditional languages, predating colonialism, is further proof of the existence of such relations in precolonial Africa. To name but a few, the Shangaan of southern Africa referred to same-sex relations as “inkotshane” (male-wife); Basotho women in present-day Lesotho engage in socially sanctioned erotic relationships called “motsoalle” (special friend) and in the Wolof language, spoken in Senegal, homosexual men are known as “gor-digen” (men-women). But to be sure, the context and experiences of such relationships did not necessarily mirror homosexual relations as understood in the West, nor were they necessarily consistent with what we now describe as a gay or queer identity.

Same-sex relationships in Africa were far more complex than what the champions of the “un-African” myth would have us believe. Apart from erotic same-sex desire, in precolonial Africa, several other activities were involved in same-sex (or what the colonialists branded “unnatural”) sexuality. For example, the Ndebele and Shona in Zimbabwe, the Azande in Sudan and Congo, the Nupe in Nigeria and the Tutsi in Rwanda and Burundi all engaged in same-sex acts for spiritual rearmament — i.e., as a source of fresh power for their territories. It was also used for ritual purposes. Among various communities in South Africa, sex education among adolescent peers allowed them to experiment through acts such as “thigh sex” (“hlobonga” among the Zulu, “ukumetsha” among the Xhosa and “gangisa” among the Shangaan).

It is ironic that an African dictator wearing a three-piece suit, caressing an iPhone, speaking in English and liberally quoting the Bible can dare indict anything for being un-African.

In many African societies, same-sex sexuality was also believed to be a source of magical powers to guarantee bountiful crop yields and abundant hunting, good health and to ward off evil spirits. In Angola and Namibia, for instance, a caste of male diviners — known as “zvibanda,” “chibados,” “quimbanda,” gangas” and “kibambaa” — were believed to carry powerful female spirits that they would pass on to fellow men through anal sex.

Even today, marriages between women for reproductive, economic and diplomatic reasons still exist among the Nandi and Kisii of Kenya, the Igbo of Nigeria, the Nuer of Sudan and the Kuria of Tanzania. Like elsewhere around the world, anal intercourse between married opposite-sex partners to avoid pregnancy was historically practiced by many Africans before the invention of modern contraceptive methods.

Clearly, it is not homosexuality that is un-African but the laws that criminalized such relations. In other words, what is alien to the continent is legalized homophobia, exported to Africa by the imperialists where there had been indifference to and even tolerance of same-sex relations. In Uganda such laws were introduced by the British and have been part of our penal law since the late 19th century. The current wave of anti-homosexuality laws sweeping across the continent is therefore part of a thinly veiled and wider political attempt to entrench repressive and undemocratic regimes.

Alien to Africa

Equally alien to the continent are the Abrahamic religions (particularly Christianity and Islam) that often accompany and augment the “un-African” arguments against homosexuality. African traditional religions were (and still are) integrated into the people’s holistic and everyday existence. It was intricately tied to their culture, including sexuality.

With the new religions, many sexual practices that were acceptable in precolonial, pre-Islamic and pre-Christian Africa were encoded with tags of “deviant,” “illegitimate” and “criminal” through the process of proselytization and acculturation.

The struggle to win full citizenship for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex groups is global. Even in countries where homosexuality has been decriminalized, the consciousness of the majority has yet to catch up with reformed laws. In order to completely dispel homophobia from Africa, we may have to employ radically new methods of advocacy that resonate with African philosophies such as Ubuntu. This concept encompasses many values — humaneness, solidarity, interdependence, compassion, respect and dignity. It rejects selfish, paternalistic and restrictive regulations issued by rulers riding high moral horses in complete disregard of the interests of their neighbors, their community and their fellow human beings.

The late Nelson Mandela described this philosophy as “the profound sense that we are human only through the humanity of others, that if we are to accomplish anything in this world, it will in equal measure be due to the work and achievements of others.”

The homosexuality-is-un-African mantra negates everything that African history and tradition has transmitted to posterity. A tenet of African philosophy holds that “I am because you are.” In short, it matters little about the differences that each one of us displays but much about the essence of humanity that binds us together. What really matters is the respect for human dignity and diversity.

http://america.aljazeera.com/opinions/2014/4/homosexuality-africamuseveniugandanigeriaethiopia.html

The writer of the above article is a big fool. The presence of a delusional compulsion overmastered his or her intellect to embrace a common sense that no part of Africa is black. Only a dumbass ninny from Africa arrogates blackness to his or her neck of woods. Homosexual never existed in my part of Africa and it has never been black too.
Re: Homosexuality Is NOT Un-African - The Evidence by aresa: 8:08pm On Jul 27, 2015
Duru1:

Homosexual never existed in my part of Africa and it has never been black too.

Very daft, ignorant and unintelligent.

2 Likes

Re: Homosexuality Is NOT Un-African - The Evidence by Duru1(m): 8:13pm On Jul 27, 2015
aresa:

Very daft, ignorant and unintelligent.

Only daft, ignorant and unintelligent dingbats identify human beings with hue. Is there any blue or yellow part of Africa, dummy?
Re: Homosexuality Is NOT Un-African - The Evidence by TRUTHTOPOWER: 8:23pm On Jul 27, 2015
Imokay:

I hope you understand in your heart that with the bold you lack Integrity if you and your spouse engage in any kind of hand job during sex.

I am a practicing Catholic. Marriage is honourable among men and the bed should be undefiled. for God will judge the sexually immoral and adulterous. the real issue is fighting for normation of clearly hazardous sexual practices. it is insensitive, callous on the account of children 'experimemtism'. I do not oppose your choice on religious or cultural grounds but I just cringe at the implication of your choice on those who may accept it as an index of intimacy matrix to the detriment of their well being. sexuality is in any connection a slippery slope. why make it disastrously steeper through "liberalization"? are we so sexually consumed that we are prepared to accept the consequences of our action as "whaRever"! Whatever that means!
Re: Homosexuality Is NOT Un-African - The Evidence by aresa: 8:36pm On Jul 27, 2015
[s]
Duru1:

Only daft, ignorant and unintelligent dingbats identify human beings with hue. Is there any blue or yellow part of Africa, dummy?

[/s]

Saying you don't have homosexuals in your part of Africa is like saying you you yourself never existed in your part of Africa.

Or you arrived at your ignorant and idiotic conclusion after conducting your own ignorant survey all over Nigeria, looked inside everybody's bedroom to figure out their sexual acts and leanings, conducted medical and psychological evaluation on every man and woman and they expressed to you their sexual preferences..

You see how dumb and ignorant you sound at your miserable old age?

You're still daft, ignorant and unintelligent.

2 Likes

Re: Homosexuality Is NOT Un-African - The Evidence by RossikisGay: 8:52pm On Jul 27, 2015
smarthG:
Its actually not un-african but its demonic and won't be allowed to spread allover.

You can pratice n your confine, who cares, but for a it to be celebrated in the public, NO.

Therefore, its un-african! embarassed

Hahahahahaha, don't look too far, look at Obinna Ike aka ROSSIKE the foolish gay goat.

See his picture here.

1 Like

Re: Homosexuality Is NOT Un-African - The Evidence by RossikisGay: 8:56pm On Jul 27, 2015
aresa:

Saying you don't have homosexuals in your part of Africa is like saying you you yourself never existed in your part of Africa.

Or you arrived at your ignorant and idiotic conclusion after conducting your own ignorant survey all over Nigeria, looked inside everybody's bedroom to figure out their sexual acts and leanings, conducted medical and psychological evaluation on every man and woman and they expressed to you their sexual preferences..

You see how dumb and ignorant you sound at your miserable old age?

You're still daft, ignorant and unintelligent.

Be very very careful, your file is here and your pix is here. Look at Obinna Ike aka ROSSIKEthe accursed goat supporting gay marriage

Re: Homosexuality Is NOT Un-African - The Evidence by Imokay: 9:04pm On Jul 27, 2015
carinmom:

Are you gay

Thinking of a Simpleton

2 Likes

Re: Homosexuality Is NOT Un-African - The Evidence by Imokay: 9:11pm On Jul 27, 2015
Reyginus:
Good. I don't think there necessarily has to be a law either.

But then, I don't think culture is a permanent thing. We don't have to thread in the ways of our forefathers before we lay any claim to culture. Once we repeat, over time, a certain convictions we have culture in practise.

And I think Homosexuality in this era runs opposite to the cultures in practise in Africa now and thus not an African thing. Tell me why you disagree if you do.

Can you ask yourself why did homosexual behaviour exists in so many African cultures even before colonialism and why you think it should disappear now. Is sexuality really a cultural thing or natural instincts in some ways?
Re: Homosexuality Is NOT Un-African - The Evidence by ezeagu(m): 9:15pm On Jul 27, 2015
mensdept:
The truth is homosexuality is a non issue as far as Africans are concerned

Well, if that were true people in Nigeria wouldn't be legally jailed for 14 years for holding the hand of the same sex.
Re: Homosexuality Is NOT Un-African - The Evidence by aresa: 1:30am On Jul 28, 2015
RossikisGay:

Be very very careful, your file is here and your pix is here. Look at Obinna Ike aka ROSSIKEthe accursed goat supporting gay marriage

Beats me why you village bigots, homophobes and ignorants overstate your relevance and importance..

Fkuck you and everything you stand for...

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Photo: A President On A Bicycle To Work And Another In A Convoy For A Haircut / Justice Ademola And Wife’s Absence Stalls Arraignment / President Buhari Reconstitutes Board Of Federal Mortgage Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.