Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,004 members, 7,838,516 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:44 AM

Presidency, Boko Haram Begin Talks-the Nation - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidency, Boko Haram Begin Talks-the Nation (25900 Views)

Northern Governors Begin Talks With MultiBillion Dollar Islamic Development Bank / Presidency, Boko Haram Begin Talks / Presidency, Boko Haram Begin Talks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Presidency, Boko Haram Begin Talks-the Nation by chichriso: 9:25am On Jul 27, 2015
That is CHANGE
Re: Presidency, Boko Haram Begin Talks-the Nation by aristosoft(m): 9:28am On Jul 27, 2015
I hate to hear this. Nigeria now brewing two different monsters: Niger Delta Militants and then Boko Haram, I wonder what Bakassi and OPC are waiting for.

Goodbye, Nigeria if you ever negotiate with Boko Haram or give them some kind of business in form of amnesty.

This would be the biggest inhumanity of GMB to Nigerians. GEJ is in no way better. He tried it but failed.

1 Like

Re: Presidency, Boko Haram Begin Talks-the Nation by nochildsplay(m): 9:30am On Jul 27, 2015
Taylor86:
Nigerians the GEJ u know is far beta than the buhari u dnt know

buhari on his mouth action campaign promises said he'll crush boko haram within 2 weeks in office

What is he now saying?

what kind of amnesty and peace do buhari thinks can calm these guys down

how many people is he going to settle

now i know ur ambition dosnt worth any blood of ur boys sir

is this the change sir

I will keep wailing for my nation

baba go slow

baba on chance

president kim kardashian

the Facebook, whatsapp, 2go, instagram and twitter president

hey photogenic presido

Naija RIP

buhari murdered u in cold blood
Blind ODE !!!
Re: Presidency, Boko Haram Begin Talks-the Nation by shaqhead: 9:33am On Jul 27, 2015
Zoharariel:
This is a totally bad idea. Then what happens to all the victims?
I beg to disagree with you...Its unfortunate that we got to this but should we continue like ds. I guess u enjoy seeing those headlines of human lives lost everyday frm bomb blasts that have becom jst statistics! if ds negotiations as reported turns out to be true, den its a welcom devt to get those girls out and be a path to lasting peace.

This is the OBJ "carrot n stick" approach, b willing to talk with true leaders of ds sect and also show resolve in goin all the way wt dem if dts wat they want.

Imagine Nigeria was engaged wt the Niger Delta militants on ds scale...U, d common man on d street wont remember dt they are fighting for their "rights" but all u wl ask is for the conflict to end!

Its vexing we got boxed to ds corner but much more than the unfortunate victims of ds conflict shd we add mo victims daily to ds statistics? That is d basic question!

With d guerilla tactics now employed by the BH sect, do u in all honesty think d bloodshed wl end in 10 years time? This is nt abt d capacity of our Army cos no army anywia can shoot "ghosts". The best time we shd hv dealt a substantial deathly blow to ds folks is when dy were engagin us in open confrontatn but we lost it under d GEJ!

Negotiations shd b on d table!

1 Like

Re: Presidency, Boko Haram Begin Talks-the Nation by daclint(m): 9:35am On Jul 27, 2015
In snopp Dogg's voice, The dullardizzle and osibanjizzle are playingizzle with Nigezzle

1 Like

Re: Presidency, Boko Haram Begin Talks-the Nation by osimataylor(m): 9:37am On Jul 27, 2015
DO NOT TAKE NEWS EMANATING. FROM THE. NATION AND PUNCH NEWSPAPERS SERiOUS..Take them like a pinch of salt.Most time they belong to the garbage.They are managed by liars,bribe takers and blackmailers as well as propagandist.Gutter journalism.
handie:

http://thenationonlineng.net/presidency-boko-haram-begin-talks/
Re: Presidency, Boko Haram Begin Talks-the Nation by yooglodotcom: 9:38am On Jul 27, 2015
Please if you give amnesty to bokoharam what will you give to the victims and their families?

3 Likes

Re: Presidency, Boko Haram Begin Talks-the Nation by persius555(m): 9:45am On Jul 27, 2015
So long as the military intensifies its offensive attacks on boko haram stronghold, PMB can hold meetings with both Boko haram and ISIS, that isnt my problem. BH is ran by murderous scammers and i hope the president is smart enough to outsmart them at their game. BH knew from the onset that they were embarking on a terror campaign they can never win, so they had to kidnap the chibok girls as a bargaining chip when the heat becomes overbearing. Would BH be honouring any negotiation if they were capturing more territories with ease? The armed forces should intensify their campaigns, as the vermins are already caving under pressure.

1 Like

Re: Presidency, Boko Haram Begin Talks-the Nation by zionzoe(m): 9:53am On Jul 27, 2015
Mr Watts75 , I will like to engage you on the issue of foundation. Pls just for 1 hour, I will want you to be critical of the Foundation of Christianity I.e Jesus Christ and then do thesame for the foundation of Islam ( Muhammed). Then you will see why Islam needs to be Scabbed or you come out of it because Psm 11:3 says.."If the foundation be destroyed what can d righteous do?"
watts75:
It's all about brainwashing your followers, here check this verse in the Quran

"...and nearest among them in love to the Muslims will you find
those who say, 'We are Christians,' because amongst these are men
devoted to learning and men who have renounced the world, and
they are not arrogant"
Quran (5:82).
-------------------------------------------------
But a Boko Haram member will tell his followers, " Yah the Quran said so but then, the Christian in question are the earlier Christians not the idiotic hypocrites we have as Christians today. "

A misguided Muslim without a sound understanding of Islam will just believe him.

1 Like

Re: Presidency, Boko Haram Begin Talks-the Nation by igweamaka85(m): 10:05am On Jul 27, 2015
Na wa o! Affordable LANDS FOR SALE and APARTMENTS FOR RENT at "33" area of Onitsha Anambra state, interested persons should contact KEN on 08136517728
Re: Presidency, Boko Haram Begin Talks-the Nation by Geeweeny(m): 10:05am On Jul 27, 2015
dhardline:
Integrate them into what and where exactly? People who kill for no JUST reason. The chibok girls have been used to play politics to the extent that it seems that the government is oblivious of the fact that a greater number of citizens of this great nation have been killed within the past 40days. I weep for this country.
just the plain truth..... APC is not telling us the truth about Boko haram

2 Likes

Re: Presidency, Boko Haram Begin Talks-the Nation by zabba(f): 10:05am On Jul 27, 2015
Taylor86:

buhari on his mouth action campaign promises said he'll crush boko haram within 2 weeks in office

What is he now saying?

is this the change sir

baba go slow

baba on chance

president kim kardashian

hey photogenic presido

Naija RIP

you are just a fool nd a clueless one at that you and ur clueless ex presido did not even go this close to saving Nigerians u r here talking rubbish.if u like it or nor buhari is ur president go jump enter lagoon if u cnt stand it wawa ka wai
Re: Presidency, Boko Haram Begin Talks-the Nation by chynergy1(m): 10:14am On Jul 27, 2015
this case will soon be denied any moment from now. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Presidency, Boko Haram Begin Talks-the Nation by Mufasa27(m): 10:14am On Jul 27, 2015
WELCOME to NIGERIA where the government negotiates with dreadful terrorists...

Lord please, I want you to change my nationality,there's nothing to big for u to do

2 Likes

Re: Presidency, Boko Haram Begin Talks-the Nation by shalomm: 10:17am On Jul 27, 2015
eleko1:
Thank U Baba Solution cool Anything that'll put an end to dis wanton destruction of lives/property is a welcome development.SaTANist people United won't see anything good here.Keep wailing/roll on the floor.Baba is working cool wink .NIG,E GO BETTER

Bros, you lack reasoning. am certain.

2 Likes

Re: Presidency, Boko Haram Begin Talks-the Nation by Nobody: 10:25am On Jul 27, 2015
Negotiations with terrorist is a threat to a Nation. Buhari shouldn't try it. Except he is one of them.

2 Likes

Re: Presidency, Boko Haram Begin Talks-the Nation by Nobody: 10:26am On Jul 27, 2015
Negotiations with terrorist is a threat to a Nation. Buhari shouldn't try it. Except he is one of them.

2 Likes

Re: Presidency, Boko Haram Begin Talks-the Nation by fanedrive(m): 10:26am On Jul 27, 2015
Taylor86:

What is he now saying?

is this the change sir

baba go slow

baba on chance

president kim kardashian

hey photogenic presido

Naija RIP

Dude you are trying so hard to be relevant, oh my
Re: Presidency, Boko Haram Begin Talks-the Nation by 989900: 10:34am On Jul 27, 2015
There is more to this than meets the eye . . . it would be presumptuous to think one can make any sensible comment on half/false intel.
Re: Presidency, Boko Haram Begin Talks-the Nation by hopilo: 10:35am On Jul 27, 2015
So Buhari confidants has link with Boko haram sect. God dey.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Presidency, Boko Haram Begin Talks-the Nation by Nobody: 10:37am On Jul 27, 2015
Am not quite sure what to say.
We must understand the timeline of events and the body language of the president.
While the death toll has been bloodiest since PMB was sworn in there seem to be a rationalising explanation to it by APC and by extension the presidency.
While GEJ was vilified widely for not visiting scenes of bomb blasts; PMB has been globetrotting and no media ash has been raised.
The news says a mutual confidant of the presidency and the BH boys indicates a prior knowledge of PMB; his CSO and Military apparatchiks are in the know.
Does it mean he developed this mutually trusted confidant within 2 months of presidency?
This gives a cause for worry as he has been withholding information that would have decimated the sect from the Nigerian state and FG which is treasonable at least.
The negotiation terms does it include integration and monetary payments?
Where will the money come from....one hopes from the Northern monthly allocation and no extra allocation from the ND money derived from crude oil sales.
Or from their groundnut pyramid and abundant agricultural produce.
Why the seemingly hurry to negotiate with no military operation to crush the BH boys has he promised.
For all intent and purpose.....there is more to the newly hurried resolve to end BH by the presidency even by negotiation....God for bides.
The Blood of the innocent Nigerians killed by this arranged group will draw every pint of the blood in the vei s of those who intends to grant them amnesty instead of them meeting their deserved end in death or life torture.
The blood of the women widowed; the pains of children orphaned or ladies,girls and mothers raped will draw every pint of blood, strain every piece of happiness and joy of those who initiates,insist or carryout any amnesty for BH rather than make them meet their deserved end.
yeye dey really smell.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Presidency, Boko Haram Begin Talks-the Nation by kernel504(m): 10:38am On Jul 27, 2015
Ok

Re: Presidency, Boko Haram Begin Talks-the Nation by cecegorz(m): 10:40am On Jul 27, 2015
Firstly, a $2.1bn loan secured from the world bank for 'rebuilding the NE' that is still encountering destruction on a daily basis.

secondly, A peace talk already initiated with BH leaders

Well, connect the dots... like my friend Fareed Zakariah would say

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Presidency, Boko Haram Begin Talks-the Nation by eliwa47(m): 10:41am On Jul 27, 2015
grin
If I can get hold of all these terrorist, money don come be that! sambisa forest here I come!

2 Likes

Re: Presidency, Boko Haram Begin Talks-the Nation by eleko1: 10:49am On Jul 27, 2015
I dnt really like to reply/argue with kid.U preferred those lunatic to continue with their killing/daily destruction?Military alone can't end Boko haram.The more our gallantry Miitary killed/arrested,the more dey keep coming like zombie.Dangle carrots/stick solution/anything that'll put an end to Boko haram iis welcome. .[ quote author=shalomm post=36318391]

Bros, you lack reasoning. am certain.[/quote]Can u tell me the solution/how to end dis carnage/bokos?
Re: Presidency, Boko Haram Begin Talks-the Nation by CSTR2: 10:56am On Jul 27, 2015

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Presidency, Boko Haram Begin Talks-the Nation by Billygee2u: 11:08am On Jul 27, 2015
Taylor86:

What is he now saying?

is this the change sir

baba go slow

baba on chance

president kim kardashian

hey photogenic presido

Naija RIP

2 Likes

Re: Presidency, Boko Haram Begin Talks-the Nation by Billygee2u: 11:12am On Jul 27, 2015
zilokontah:
Am not quite sure what to say.
We must understand the timeline of events and the body language of the president.
While the death toll has been bloodiest since PMB was sworn in there seem to be a rationalising explanation to it by APC and by extension the presidency.
While GEJ was vilified widely for not visiting scenes of bomb blasts; PMB has been globetrotting and no media ash has been raised.
The news says a mutual confidant of the presidency and the BH boys indicates a prior knowledge of PMB; his CSO and Military apparatchiks are in the know.
Does it mean he developed this mutually trusted confidant within 2 months of presidency?
This gives a cause for worry as he has been withholding information that would have decimated the sect from the Nigerian state and FG which is treasonable at least.
The negotiation terms does it include integration and monetary payments?
Where will the money come from....one hopes from the Northern monthly allocation and no extra allocation from the ND money derived from crude oil sales.
Or from their groundnut pyramid and abundant agricultural produce.
Why the seemingly hurry to negotiate with no military operation to crush the BH boys has he promised.
For all intent and purpose.....there is more to the newly hurried resolve to end BH by the presidency even by negotiation....God for bides.
The Blood of the innocent Nigerians killed by this arranged group will draw every pint of the blood in the vei s of those who intends to grant them amnesty instead of them meeting their deserved end in death or life torture.
The blood of the women widowed; the pains of children orphaned or ladies,girls and mothers raped will draw every pint of blood, strain every piece of happiness and joy of those who initiates,insist or carryout any amnesty for BH rather than make them meet their deserved end.
yeye dey really smell.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Presidency, Boko Haram Begin Talks-the Nation by rigarmortis: 11:14am On Jul 27, 2015
eleko1:
This is what OBJ told GEJ to do then,Dangle Carrot/stick formular..We want peace in NIG.

this kind of piece is recipe for future disaster, its delayed demise, its killing yourself instalmentally.

all the fallen soldiers and civilians will be rolling in their grave.

everyone knows the chibok girls if ever they were kidnapped cant be in one place now, boko might round up new girls and claim they are the chibok girls.

2 Likes

Re: Presidency, Boko Haram Begin Talks-the Nation by MotoringNigeria: 11:22am On Jul 27, 2015
now is prolly a good time to be a bounty hunter. undecided

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Presidency, Boko Haram Begin Talks-the Nation by princejayboss: 11:36am On Jul 27, 2015
fulanimafia:
I'm not too sure about this.

Are they also going to be negotiating with ISIS since BH is now a part of them? Are BH simply going to tell ISIS that we have changed our minds, we give up? What if it's truly an international conspiracy as previously suspected?

Even though our priority and that of the President is the safe return of the kidnapped girls, we must be cautious and pre-emptive about this negotiation approach to ending the insurgency.

All in all, I'm confident in the Presidents ability to uproot those blood suckers once and for all.

It's simply the end game.... One big problem with Nigerians is that we allow our sentiments guide our reasoning..... PMB we do Nigeria no dam good... We as a nation will take responsibility of what we put ourselves into...

1 Like

Re: Presidency, Boko Haram Begin Talks-the Nation by dazdilijae(m): 11:38am On Jul 27, 2015
I beg to disagree with you...Its unfortunate that we got to this but should we continue like ds. I guess u enjoy seeing those headlines of human lives lost

I also beg to disagree with you cos like the story goes its a section of BH, the group has been polarized there are so many commanders
No matter the level of talks we do the bombs would still go off cos its a snake with many heads, remember how the deal to rescue the girls during GEJ was sabotaged with one faction of the group calling the others infidels and killing them? No one has negotiated with TERRORIST and come out happier. The bombs would still go off cos its no longer just Nigerian tin with BH showing allegiance to ISSI.
I pray the talks work, I truly do for the peace of the north and the Nation( and our future)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ekiti: Our Hotels Are Jam Packed With Various Thugs, Fayose Cries / 2023: Tinubu Should Go And Rest, I’ll Vote For Osinbajo – Edwin Clark / Kperogi: Obidients Are The New Buharists, Get Ready For Their Rank Stupidity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.