Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,919 members, 7,952,688 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 09:16 PM

I Found Love (A True Life Story) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / I Found Love (A True Life Story) (1136 Views)

Forbidden Love - A Short And Educative Love Story / TORN (based On A True Life Story) / Songs Of Love (a Song For Bola) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Found Love (A True Life Story) by Opetech(m): 8:22am On Jul 27, 2015
The sun had withdrawn its rays and the moon taken cushion. Several thoughts razed through my mind as I fixed my gaze at the wonderful stars that has taken positions on the deep blue sky, sparkling as chips of silver does upon a blue carpet. I had just finished my final degree examinations and felt so relieved.

I was sitting in solitary at a popular garden which regularly play host to 'love birds' that comes to whisper sweet words to themselves under the covers of the night. I wanted time to have a thorough thinking about the popular question asked every graduating college student, "what next?" Two different career lectures was organized for final year students, one by the students affairs division, the other by my faculty, but none seems to address my problem. It's not that the programmes were not eye opening, but I seem to have a problem peculiar to me, there is the issue of passion and there is the Nigeria society. I chose a dark place where I could see people walking through the garden but without been noticed.

I was still weighing the path to take, when I heard a rustle in the grass, a 'couple' appeared, walking side by side. Suddenly they stopped not too far from where I was and the guy looking around, apparently to make sure no one was watching, started talking, at a moment all the crickets there agreed to stop chirping.

"Gloria" he called, "You have nothing to fear, for fear in love is sin." We will get married after my Masters degree."

"After your M.Sc?" Gloria asked in what appears to be the first time he will be bringing up the topic.

"Yes" he replied, "my dad has approved my going to the UK for Masters degree. "

"Wow! that's lovely, but I want to do my Masters degree in macroeconomics, you know that has always been my dream." Glory retorted.

Adjusting and looking straight into Gloria's eyes, "You will definitely have it, I'm talking dad into letting you pursue yours to outside the country, but that's after you have married me. We will also be spending this vacation in Dubai, are you satisfied?" The guy questioned.

Gloria thundered "Yes I am", and with all ecstasy planted a passionate kiss on her boyfriend's lips. After about 30 minutes of hot romance, they walked away, the same direction they came, stepping on flowers of the grass, as the rich steps upon the heart of the poor. That was what I described as love with "terms and conditions."

I began pondering on what I've just seen and heard, comparing MONEY and LOVE.

MONEY! Answereth all things, the love of it is the root of evil, it is the source of insincere love, the well of poisoned water and the desperation of old age.

I was still lost in this thought when another couple walked past me, in a direction opposite to the first. They sat on the turf, hand in hand with the guy's shoulder serving as support for the girl's head. Some moments of silent passed, before the girl started speaking.

"Sweetheart, I didn't agree to date you so you could become my ATM nor start taking me to the most expensive fast food joint in town, but because I was convinced you are the one, there would be trying times, but trust God who divinely brought us together to help us through such periods. God is love, so be rest assured that even if I ever leave, it is to the future and we are going together because we belong there together."

Standing up abruptly as if bitten by a poisonous creature, she said, "I have to go now before the gate to my hall get closed against me, I love you."

"I love you too," the guy replied.

So that night, I got the true meaning of love.

LOVE! Grows despite adversities and obstacles, it is not self seeking, flourishes in spring, keeps no record of wrong doing, warms in winter and bears fruit in summer. That night I found love - GOD IS LOVE.

http://www.lifebuildingtips.com/2015/07/i-found-love.html?m=1

(1) (Reply)

Why I Love Village Christmas / Where Can I Get This Books? / POISONED LOVE- Episode 10-12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.