Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,785 members, 7,817,257 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:54 AM

10 Little Known Facts About Menstruating That Might Surprise Some Girls - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 10 Little Known Facts About Menstruating That Might Surprise Some Girls (63491 Views)

She Has Been Menstruating For Over 2 Weeks, Please Help! / (HEALTH) 10 Little Known Facts About Menstruating That Might Surprise Some Girls / 10 Watermelon Facts That Might Surprise You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Little Known Facts About Menstruating That Might Surprise Some Girls by Nobody: 5:37pm On Jul 27, 2015
zaragal:
Number one tho.....doesnt work for me..maybe becos... lipsrsealed

because what?
Re: 10 Little Known Facts About Menstruating That Might Surprise Some Girls by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jul 27, 2015
It means girls should take ensure they are menstruating when its time for a SHL or dragnet exam... grin...number 8 indirectly suggests that...

1 Like

Re: 10 Little Known Facts About Menstruating That Might Surprise Some Girls by ventoh: 5:59pm On Jul 27, 2015
lepasharon:

Stress apparently, I have had it before
Bt It becomes regular....Do u stop it By abt means
Re: 10 Little Known Facts About Menstruating That Might Surprise Some Girls by ChelseaDr(m): 6:00pm On Jul 27, 2015
femi4:
You are wrong.

However, the most important thing to remember is the capacitation, which is the sperm's ability to fertilize an egg.

...sofly softly.....you were too harsh @ the bolded.

Meanwhile Dim007 wasn't completely wrong because beyond 72 hours sperm's ability to fertilize the egg decreases rapidly. Haven said that sperm can stay up to 7 day (yes 7 days) if conditions are favourable.

Capacitation is not the sperm's ability to fertilize the egg, strictly speaking (except in lay men's terms). It is actually the changes the sperm must undergo before fertilization will take place. These changes are enhanced by substances produced in the woman's body.

Ps: Babycenter made that statement because they were responding to a question from someone who is not a health professional (lay person) so as to pass their message.
Re: 10 Little Known Facts About Menstruating That Might Surprise Some Girls by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jul 27, 2015
Mattkent:

because what?

Y care?? smiley
Re: 10 Little Known Facts About Menstruating That Might Surprise Some Girls by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jul 27, 2015
zaragal:

Y care?? smiley
cos u got me curious
Re: 10 Little Known Facts About Menstruating That Might Surprise Some Girls by Freksy(m): 6:09pm On Jul 27, 2015
No. 6 should be re-phrased. One can't get pregnant on/during period, as no egg cell is produced then.

The day of fertilization is the day of pregnancy, but not the day of intercourse.

1 Like

Re: 10 Little Known Facts About Menstruating That Might Surprise Some Girls by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 6:12pm On Jul 27, 2015
redgem:

Funny..
Friend on Nl...sure no prob
How do u cool the hotness?
Re: 10 Little Known Facts About Menstruating That Might Surprise Some Girls by ojnnaco(m): 6:15pm On Jul 27, 2015
I will speedily share dis with my babe.... piommmm
Re: 10 Little Known Facts About Menstruating That Might Surprise Some Girls by ocelot2006(m): 6:17pm On Jul 27, 2015
Aaand I've lost my appetite....
Re: 10 Little Known Facts About Menstruating That Might Surprise Some Girls by BraniacX(m): 6:18pm On Jul 27, 2015
I learnt something
Re: 10 Little Known Facts About Menstruating That Might Surprise Some Girls by barbatee007(m): 6:20pm On Jul 27, 2015
redgem:
immediately after menstruation you will be so Hot even more than ovulation period..

Haven't seen anyone one, read or heard of no 9...this my first time reading such
I have read it before a long time ago, almost 20 years ago now about a certain village in eastern Nigeria where their women menstruate through their palms.
Re: 10 Little Known Facts About Menstruating That Might Surprise Some Girls by maryhaam(f): 6:22pm On Jul 27, 2015
redgem:

Ynroh
very through,smile
Re: 10 Little Known Facts About Menstruating That Might Surprise Some Girls by Sleekshady(f): 6:23pm On Jul 27, 2015
No 9 is true, I know of someone who Menstruate through her palms .
Re: 10 Little Known Facts About Menstruating That Might Surprise Some Girls by Aitee1: 6:23pm On Jul 27, 2015
RedBenson:
Hian! Feel like puking.

*throws saliva and walks away from thread*

#IHateMenstruation

Aitee1, hope you're not on your menses? If you are, pls let's cancel/postpone that our appointment 2moro. God knows i cant stand the sight of menstrual blood.

Ekpo akpara mkpo, who get appointment with you, keep dreaming tongue
Re: 10 Little Known Facts About Menstruating That Might Surprise Some Girls by redgem(f): 6:27pm On Jul 27, 2015
HIGHESTPOPORI:
How do u cool the hotness?
I use your nose
Re: 10 Little Known Facts About Menstruating That Might Surprise Some Girls by mentorandfriend(m): 6:38pm On Jul 27, 2015
Ishilove:
Now this is gross embarassed
Which one is gross? That number 9?

gringringringringrin

It is not a mysterious something o.
I'v seen it once. It is a condition known as endometrosis.
It is also totally manageable with same drugs used in the management of menorrhagia.

I'm out!
Re: 10 Little Known Facts About Menstruating That Might Surprise Some Girls by omogin(f): 6:43pm On Jul 27, 2015
Wrong info. Cross check ur stuff b4 posting
Re: 10 Little Known Facts About Menstruating That Might Surprise Some Girls by daveP(m): 6:43pm On Jul 27, 2015
redgem:
immediately after menstruation you will be so Hot even more than ovulation period..

Haven't seen anyone one, read or heard of no 9...this my first time reading such
nawa o (rests his chin on his left palm and looks at her)
Re: 10 Little Known Facts About Menstruating That Might Surprise Some Girls by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jul 27, 2015
Number 6 is very correct, some women ovulate when menstruating.
Re: 10 Little Known Facts About Menstruating That Might Surprise Some Girls by juman(m): 7:03pm On Jul 27, 2015
Respect to the women.

Praises to God, the wonderful God. God that creates everything.
Re: 10 Little Known Facts About Menstruating That Might Surprise Some Girls by lonelydora: 7:05pm On Jul 27, 2015
An2elect2:

psycho grin grin

Receive yours so that you think like a man.
Re: 10 Little Known Facts About Menstruating That Might Surprise Some Girls by Mcowubaba: 7:16pm On Jul 27, 2015
zaragal:
Number one tho.....doesnt work for me..maybe becos... lipsrsealed
......U are a virgin cool...
Re: 10 Little Known Facts About Menstruating That Might Surprise Some Girls by bqlekan(m): 7:19pm On Jul 27, 2015
1, I read the topic wrong.. I saw masturbation instead of menstruation 2, I noticed its for the ladies 3, what m u doing here sef

1 Like

Re: 10 Little Known Facts About Menstruating That Might Surprise Some Girls by Nobody: 7:19pm On Jul 27, 2015
khalhokage:
8. You think more like a man when you’re menstruating

Lowered estrogen levels during menstruation may actually enhance a woman’s “male cognitive skills,” lending a temporary cognitive advantage in areas such as spatial thinking.

Did this sound bone-headedly stupid to anyone else?
Me sir
Re: 10 Little Known Facts About Menstruating That Might Surprise Some Girls by Nobody: 7:23pm On Jul 27, 2015
Best comments so far on any thread I'd been. I just hope one clown won't come and soil the peacock beauty of this thread. Iam praying hard!
Re: 10 Little Known Facts About Menstruating That Might Surprise Some Girls by Slimzjoe(m): 7:25pm On Jul 27, 2015
RobinHez:
I remember wat happened the day I mentioned 'Menstruation' in my house...

I'll never forget the look Dad gave me...embarassed

#africanparentsthinksexeducationisataboo

When I didn't Know what Menstruation or Pad Was, I Mentioned 'Everyday sanitary Pad' one day Like that. Mumsy Picked me up and Gave me Spanking of Life. Whenever I remember that Day, I feel Like Revenging grin

1 Like

Re: 10 Little Known Facts About Menstruating That Might Surprise Some Girls by butanep(m): 7:26pm On Jul 27, 2015
Noted...

But women life is really complicated...

1 Like

Re: 10 Little Known Facts About Menstruating That Might Surprise Some Girls by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jul 27, 2015
Mcowubaba:

......U are a virgin cool...

Neva said that undecided..., and who says virgins don't get Hot??....virgins are not made with lock of wood angry
Re: 10 Little Known Facts About Menstruating That Might Surprise Some Girls by mymissingrib(m): 7:46pm On Jul 27, 2015
Sleekshady:
No 9 is true, I know of someone who Menstruate through her palms .
U MEAN SHE BLEEDS THROUGH HER PALMS
Re: 10 Little Known Facts About Menstruating That Might Surprise Some Girls by BreezyRita(f): 7:46pm On Jul 27, 2015
sucess001:
i believe the hornier part...my ex was a classique example!
shocked shocked shocked
Ah don catch you today!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lockdown: Abuja Residents Say They Are Not Resuming Work, COVID-19 Is Real / British Citizen Dies Of Coronavirus In Lagos / Sad! Photos Of Jummie,Girl Falsely Reported To Be Vomiting Blood Because Of Runs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.