Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,162 members, 7,818,535 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:11 PM

I'll Appoint Only Patriotic, Decent Nigerians, Says Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I'll Appoint Only Patriotic, Decent Nigerians, Says Buhari (1768 Views)

President Buhari addresses Nigerians, Says he is deeply Grateful (VIDEO) / We Will Appoint Only Decent Nigerians As Ministers-buhari / Joda Committee Asks Buhari To Appoint Only 19 Senior Ministers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'll Appoint Only Patriotic, Decent Nigerians, Says Buhari by lolaxavier(m): 6:47pm On Jul 27, 2015
President Muhammadu Buhari on Monday in Abuja reassured that only patriotic, decent and experienced Nigerians would be appointed as ministers in his government.

The President, who was responding to questions on ‘Good Morning Nigeria’, a television programme on the National Television Authority, said that politicians and technocrats would make the list of nominees for ministerial appointments.

“From what I have seen so far, we need really patriotic Nigerians – Nigerians that can work very hard, knowledgeable, experienced, committed Nigerians – to be in charge of ministries.

“A lot of the institutions of Nigeria – important institutions – were compromised. Everybody was for himself and God for all of us; its most unfortunate.

“We have the people, educated people, experienced people but everybody seemed to be working for himself – how much he could get as much and as quick as possible.

“We have to look for technocrats and we have to look for politicians and certainly we have to look for decent people in this class to give them the responsibility of being in charge of ministries and important parastatals (agencies).”

On reported under-dealings in the nation’s oil and gas sector, the President said that the Federal Government was working very assiduously to expose the persons behind the illegal activity.

He promised that his administration would continue to update members of the public on government’s investigation into the matter.

He said that government’s aim was to identify and prosecute all those found culpable.

According to him, the relevant shipping documents are being compiled for onward submission to countries of destination of stolen Nigerian crude oil.

"The search continues; up to the third of this month, our crude was still being illegally lifted by people who are in government.

“We are trying to get these documents. We are getting the cooperation of the international community.

“We are going to make sure that those who perpetrated this theft against Nigeria are faced with facts very soon and are taken to our courts.

“We’ve got the cooperation of some of the countries of the destinations of our crude (oil) and we are discussing with them.

“We have to maintain high confidentiality so that we don’t risk some of the loyal Nigerians that are helping us to trace the destinations of this stolen crude and then the accounts into which the monies are being paid instead of the Federal Government account.”

Buhari said that his administration was still studying the recommendations on how the Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation should be reorganised.

He described his recent trip to the United States (US) as very successful as he was able to extract the commitment of the American government to assist and support Nigeria toward tackling the economic and security challenges it was facing.

He said that the US and other European countries had also pledged to assist Nigeria by putting in place necessary security mechanism in the Gulf of Guinea to help check the theft of the country’s crude oil.

Commenting on the leadership tussle in the National Assembly, the President reiterated his that he would not interfere directly in the affairs of the lawmakers.

Buhari, who expressed displeasure and frustration over the lingering crisis in the Assembly, however, called on those behind the dispute to search their conscious and obey party’s decisions on issues concerning their affairs.

He called on Nigerians to cooperate with his administration to move the country forward and warned that no part of the country would be allowed to operate on its own.

The President added that the Nigeria “must remain one“.

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/07/27/ill-appoint-only-patriotic-decent-nigerians-says-buhari/

Re: I'll Appoint Only Patriotic, Decent Nigerians, Says Buhari by madridguy(m): 6:48pm On Jul 27, 2015
" He called on Nigerians to cooperate with his administration to move the country forward and warned that no part of the country would be allowed to operate on its own.

The President added that the Nigeria “must remain one“. " BIG HEADACHE FOR KANU THE SCAMMER AND HIS GULLIBLE FOLLOWERS.

BUHARI WILL BY THE GRACE OF GOD TAKE US TO THE PROMISE LAND.

NO MORE CHOP AND CHOP GOVERNMENT.

SAI BABA

1 Like

Re: I'll Appoint Only Patriotic, Decent Nigerians, Says Buhari by Abugab(m): 6:48pm On Jul 27, 2015
I know for sure that APC, PDP, tribalists and religious bigots will be shocked to their bone marrows when PMB appoints his ministers, ambassadors and other key positions.
Competency and merit will be the criteria.
Political jobbers be warned!
Re: I'll Appoint Only Patriotic, Decent Nigerians, Says Buhari by Demmocrats(m): 6:49pm On Jul 27, 2015
Re: I'll Appoint Only Patriotic, Decent Nigerians, Says Buhari by Demmocrats(m): 6:50pm On Jul 27, 2015
Re: I'll Appoint Only Patriotic, Decent Nigerians, Says Buhari by KingKuntaVart: 6:50pm On Jul 27, 2015
undecided
Re: I'll Appoint Only Patriotic, Decent Nigerians, Says Buhari by Demmocrats(m): 6:50pm On Jul 27, 2015
From this development no minister for petroleum for amaechi
www.

1 Like

Re: I'll Appoint Only Patriotic, Decent Nigerians, Says Buhari by dgr8truth(m): 6:51pm On Jul 27, 2015
This is a govt that promised to hit the ground running but instead of making good their promise they started complaining and lamenting right from day one and telling us how PDP ruled this country for 16 good years and abused our collective future. Perhaps they need to be reminded that out of the 16 years, the Southwest and North make nonsense of our nationhood for a whole 11 and half years.

The earlier this govt of lamentation and complain starts walking the talk and make no more vague promises the better for our future.

The wailing wailers will continue to wail because what they see while sitting the gullible (APC and their e-rats) will not see even though they climbed the highest of mountains.

4 Likes

Re: I'll Appoint Only Patriotic, Decent Nigerians, Says Buhari by lolaxavier(m): 6:56pm On Jul 27, 2015
Abugab:
I know for sure that APC, PDP, tribalists and religious bigots will be shocked to their bone marrows when PMB appoints his ministers, ambassadors and other key positions.
Competency and merit will be the criteria.
Political jobbers be warned!

It will be a shocker to even some APC members lobbying for positions. I am totally in support of GMB's move. We do not need people with shady characters in this dispensation. Buhari, take your time and select the best.
Re: I'll Appoint Only Patriotic, Decent Nigerians, Says Buhari by madridguy(m): 6:59pm On Jul 27, 2015
YES, WE NEED CREDIBLE MINISTERS NOT ROGUES.

lolaxavier:

It will be a shocker to even some APC members lobbying for positions. I am totally in support of GMB's move. We do not need people with shady characters in this dispensation. Buhari, take your time and select the best.
Re: I'll Appoint Only Patriotic, Decent Nigerians, Says Buhari by lolaxavier(m): 7:04pm On Jul 27, 2015
I'm really loving this.
Re: I'll Appoint Only Patriotic, Decent Nigerians, Says Buhari by lolaxavier(m): 7:14pm On Jul 27, 2015
madridguy:
"
NO MORE CHOP AND CHOP GOVERNMENT.

SAI BABA

He is trying to block all the loopholes created by the previous administration even though some of our nairalanders here have headache with that. Whichever way, we are solidly behind you.
Re: I'll Appoint Only Patriotic, Decent Nigerians, Says Buhari by bigiyaro(m): 7:19pm On Jul 27, 2015
baba, e b like say u go fetch clay mould those guys urself, den give dem appointment.

2 Likes

Re: I'll Appoint Only Patriotic, Decent Nigerians, Says Buhari by henryutd(m): 7:20pm On Jul 27, 2015
Okay. We have them. Slow and steady.
Re: I'll Appoint Only Patriotic, Decent Nigerians, Says Buhari by lolaxavier(m): 7:23pm On Jul 27, 2015
bigiyaro:
baba, e b like say u go fetch clay mould those guys urself, den give dem appointment.

Guy, relax. He will not mould anything. There are credible people out there. It is better to delay appointments to get the best than to recruit sycophants.
Re: I'll Appoint Only Patriotic, Decent Nigerians, Says Buhari by Young03(m): 7:25pm On Jul 27, 2015
If iam to believe in ur words..then sack dibu odjerinde
Re: I'll Appoint Only Patriotic, Decent Nigerians, Says Buhari by lolaxavier(m): 7:31pm On Jul 27, 2015
Young03:
If iam to believe in ur words..then sack dibu odjerinde

U dey write jamb
Re: I'll Appoint Only Patriotic, Decent Nigerians, Says Buhari by lolaxavier(m): 7:37pm On Jul 27, 2015
undecided
Re: I'll Appoint Only Patriotic, Decent Nigerians, Says Buhari by madridguy(m): 7:42pm On Jul 27, 2015
Naso my brother.

lolaxavier:

He is trying to block all the loopholes created by the previous administration even though some of our nairalanders here have headache with that. Whichever way, we are solidly behind you.
Re: I'll Appoint Only Patriotic, Decent Nigerians, Says Buhari by queenzibah(f): 7:57pm On Jul 27, 2015
I hate talking machines , appoint and stop makin noise , I knw one of them is ur son ....pls no time

2 Likes

Re: I'll Appoint Only Patriotic, Decent Nigerians, Says Buhari by Young03(m): 8:09pm On Jul 27, 2015
lolaxavier:

U dey write jamb
;;

no, but i pity peopl dt r rytn
Re: I'll Appoint Only Patriotic, Decent Nigerians, Says Buhari by omowolewa: 8:12pm On Jul 27, 2015
Alhaji, your search is over,

my name is 'Patriotic Decent Mohammed', a native of Osun but an indigine of Kano!
Re: I'll Appoint Only Patriotic, Decent Nigerians, Says Buhari by lolaxavier(m): 8:32pm On Jul 27, 2015
queenzibah:
I hate talking machines , appoint and stop makin noise , I knw one of them is ur son ....pls no time

We know you.
Re: I'll Appoint Only Patriotic, Decent Nigerians, Says Buhari by bigiyaro(m): 8:38pm On Jul 27, 2015
lolaxavier:

Guy, relax. He will not mould anything. There are credible people out there. It is better to delay appointments to get the best than to recruit sycophants.
ok nah! We dey wait.
Re: I'll Appoint Only Patriotic, Decent Nigerians, Says Buhari by queenzibah(f): 8:56pm On Jul 27, 2015
lolaxavier:

We know you.
wailin wailers abi yee but pls tel ur president to goto saturn to get qualified ministers. Failures
Re: I'll Appoint Only Patriotic, Decent Nigerians, Says Buhari by lolaxavier(m): 9:07pm On Jul 27, 2015
queenzibah:
wailin wailers abi yee but pls tel ur president to goto saturn to get qualified ministers. Failures

I can see you are very bitter. You have no choice in this case. He is also your president as long as you remain a citizen in this country and I trust he will do what he's right by appointing the right set of people that will deliver. There is no point rushing GMB. We are behind your moves.
Re: I'll Appoint Only Patriotic, Decent Nigerians, Says Buhari by queenzibah(f): 9:12pm On Jul 27, 2015
lolaxavier:

I can see you are very bitter. You have no choice in this case. He is also your president as long as you remain a citizen in this country and I trust he will do what he's right by appointing the right set of people that will deliver. There is no point rushing GMB. We are behind your moves.
we re stil sayin d same tin , he should appoint d best hands inwhich his son is one of them also to get oda one pls let him search through jupiter. Well he said he wil favour those that voted for him mean he is the president to those only voted for him , to conclude , he is not my president , he said so
Re: I'll Appoint Only Patriotic, Decent Nigerians, Says Buhari by ArodewilliamsT: 9:15pm On Jul 27, 2015
Errant nonsense from the dullard. How patriotic was he when he voted for a man from Niger over his compatriot Peter Onu for the OAU Secretary general post. To hell with him and his sermons!

2 Likes

Re: I'll Appoint Only Patriotic, Decent Nigerians, Says Buhari by lolaxavier(m): 9:23pm On Jul 27, 2015
queenzibah:
we re stil sayin d same tin , he should appoint d best hands inwhich his son is one of them also to get oda one pls let him search through jupiter. Well he said he wil favour those that voted for him mean he is the president to those only voted for him , to conclude , he is not my president , he said so

So clear to see we are not saying the same thing. Maybe you should provide the source where he has said he was going to appoint his son and those that favoured him, otherwise you are just plucking words out of the air. You may chose to deny as much as you want, Buhari remains your president unless you want to tell us that you are from Zimbabwe.
Re: I'll Appoint Only Patriotic, Decent Nigerians, Says Buhari by lolaxavier(m): 5:24am On Jul 28, 2015
ArodewilliamsT:
Errant nonsense from the dullard. How patriotic was he when he voted for a man from Niger over his compatriot Peter Onu for the OAU Secretary general post. To hell with him and his sermons!

And your point exactly?
Re: I'll Appoint Only Patriotic, Decent Nigerians, Says Buhari by likila: 5:33am On Jul 28, 2015
lolaxavier:

And your point exactly?

that tinubu will be one of the biggest contractors to President Buhari government.
President Buhari will also dash tinubu one oil block!
Re: I'll Appoint Only Patriotic, Decent Nigerians, Says Buhari by lolaxavier(m): 5:40am On Jul 28, 2015
likila:

that tinubu will be one of the biggest contractors to President Buhari government.
President Buhari will also dash tinubu one oil block!

I thought people's brain get refreshed when they wake up in the morning. You just proved me wrong.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fire outbreak in Atakumosa Market, Ilesha. / Political Analyst Mr. Aye Dee Appointed Member, Board Of Directors Of Venezia FC / BREAKING NEWS: Depreye Alamieyesegha Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.