Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,212 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:26 AM

Quick Facts About The US Justice System - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Quick Facts About The US Justice System (1813 Views)

President Jammeh Using Nigerian Judges To Undermine Justice,Says Gambian Lawyers / Five Quick Facts About Tim Kaine - Hillary Clinton's Running Mate / The Height Of Jungle Justice In U.S.A - White Cop Shoots An African Father (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Quick Facts About The US Justice System by Appleyard(m): 5:32pm On May 22, 2016
Missy89:

Yea it is something. In some countries, you do the work for free (hard labor sentences)
Prison deaths is more of a local and state problem not a federal one. That is why some of them thinks it is a good idea to privatize it.
I see. But i still dont like that idea of privitization. Prisons are meant to be correctional centres, with the aim of discouraging crime and rebranding the mental disposition of the criminal minds so they can be refitted consciously like a new borns back into the society. But when that same prison becomes another nightmare where you witness devastating crimes like murder, taking place right there before you, the purpose and spirit of the correctional system is totally defeated. Now, if the Prison system and its security under government, are not able to solve or handle this predicament, what is the guarantee that private owners would care less or more? The only area i can guarantee their commitment is in the area of infrastuctural maintenance. And its because they will need it for the profits they are going to make through the various works and inputs from the inmates, just like what you mentioned earlier.

Believe me, this is one hell of a problem that still need to be redress.
Re: Quick Facts About The US Justice System by Lucasbalo(m): 11:02pm On May 22, 2016
Appleyard:
I see. But i still dont like that idea of privitization. Prisons are meant to be correctional centres, with the aim of discouraging crime and rebranding the mental disposition of the criminal minds so they can be refitted consciously like a new borns back into the society. But when that same prison becomes another nightmare where you witness devastating crimes like murder, taking place right there before you, the purpose and spirit of the correctional system is totally defeated. Now, if the Prison system and its security under government, are not able to solve or handle this predicament, what is the guarantee that private owners would care less or more? The only area i can guarantee their commitment is in the area of infrastuctural maintenance. And its because they will need it for the profits they are going to make through the various works and inputs from the inmates, just like what you mentioned earlier.

Believe me, this is one hell of a problem that still need to be redress.
You are completely right. It baffles my imagination that the prisons are being turned to money makers.

1 Like

Re: Quick Facts About The US Justice System by Appleyard(m): 12:03am On May 23, 2016
Lucasbalo:
You are completely right. It baffles my imagination that the prisons are being turned to money makers.
You can immagine...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Please Have More Sex, South Korea Urges Her Citizens / Ukrainian ‘tank Man’ Trying To Block Russian Military Convoy (video) / Picture Of African Leaders Snoring At The Last AU Summit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.