Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,789 members, 7,810,051 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:35 PM

Buhari Gives Reps Marching Orders: Resolve Your Crisis “within Six Hours” - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Gives Reps Marching Orders: Resolve Your Crisis “within Six Hours” (2432 Views)

How To Permanently Solve The Fulani Herdsmen Crisis Within Three Months. / Buhari Gives Reps Marching Orders: Resolve Your Crisis “Within Six Hours” / Buhari Gives Reps Marching Orders: Resolve Your Crisis “within Six Hours (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Gives Reps Marching Orders: Resolve Your Crisis “within Six Hours” by Franchise21(m): 8:45pm On Jul 27, 2015
President Muhammadu Buhari has ordered the gladiators in the ongoing crisis in the House of Representatives six hours to resolve all pending issues ahead of the resumption of plenary Tuesday.
Mr. Buhari met with the All Progressives Congress, APC, caucus in the House at the Presidential Villa Abuja, Monday.
One of the members who attended the meeting, which lasted about 30 minutes, told PREMIUM TIMES that the president “did not waste time, but simply reminded members on the need for party discipline”.
“He said he never wanted to interfere in the affairs of the Legislature, but he’s now forced to do so to maintain party discipline,” the source quoted the president as saying.
The source, who declined to be named because he was not permitted to speak to the media on the outcome of the meeting, said Mr. Buhari asked Speaker Yakubu Dogara and Femi Gbajabiamila to hold a meeting with the national chairman of the APC, John Odigie-Oyegun and find a solution to the problem within the next six hours.
“The president said it is unacceptable for him to be in office under the APC, and the PDP would be allowed to dictate who occupies positions in an administration he heads,” the source said.
“Buhari urged all members to look beyond themselves and consider the country and the platform under which they were elected.”
The source added that the APC leadership is expected to brief the president on the outcome of the meeting between Messrs. Dogara, Gbajabiamila and Odigie-Oyegun.
The meeting ended without a consensus on solving the leadership crisis that has rocked the house since its inauguration June 9.
Members emerged from the brief talks insisting on their varied terms as the solution to the crisis. Some lawmakers threatened violence.
The House is resuming sitting Tuesday after nearly a month break.
The prolonged break followed a violent clash on the floor of the chambers after members supporting the speaker, Mr. Dogara, and those backing former minority leader, Mr. Gbajabiamila, engaged in a free-for-all.
Mr. Dogara emerged speaker in defiance of the APC leadership’s decision to anoint Mr. Gbajabiamila.
Since then, the party has insisted Mr. Gbajabiamila be made the majority leader, a proposal Mr. Dogara rejects. The speaker says Mr. Gbajabiamila’s south west region already produced the deputy speaker, Yusuf Lasun.
Ahead of resumption Tuesday, the house warned against violence that may again erupt on the floor of the house.
Mr. Lasun also vowed Monday that he will not step down for Mr. Gbajabiamila as a way of resolving the crisis.
Both Messrs Dogara and Gbajabiamila were both in attendance at the meeting with President Buhari.
Mr. Gbajabiamila, who spoke to journalists earlier, said the president insisted that the party was supreme and its structures must be adhered to.
“We spoke heart to heart with the president,” he said adding that this was the first time the two groups had met peacefully.
Mr. Dogara and the party chairman, John Odigie-Oyegun, who had extra discussions with the president, later emerged to speak with the press amid heckling from some members who threatened to assault the speaker if he said anything different.
The chairman of the party, Mr. Odigie-Oyegun, who spoke on behalf of the party, said the meeting was a family meeting and was a success, adding that in another 3 to 4 hours there will be good news.
He opted to speak for Mr. Dogara, but the speaker spoke for himself saying he had always been on the side of the party as against the opinion of his other colleagues.
The members are expected to meet with the leadership of the party and come up with names to fill the slots for the principal officers and revert to the president. They are expected to meet with the president later Monday night.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/187348-buhari-gives-reps-marching-orders-resolve-your-crisis-within-six-hours.html
Re: Buhari Gives Reps Marching Orders: Resolve Your Crisis “within Six Hours” by Demmocrats(m): 8:45pm On Jul 27, 2015
APC=PDP vice versa

The only hope I have is that my sai buhari have the fear of God unlike those lions not even gladiators all they want is there pockets

Those lions that are all after clothing allowance and loots
www.
Re: Buhari Gives Reps Marching Orders: Resolve Your Crisis “within Six Hours” by fckmn24seg(m): 8:45pm On Jul 27, 2015
Re: Buhari Gives Reps Marching Orders: Resolve Your Crisis “within Six Hours” by Demmocrats(m): 8:45pm On Jul 27, 2015
My sai buhari
www.
Re: Buhari Gives Reps Marching Orders: Resolve Your Crisis “within Six Hours” by UnknownT: 8:49pm On Jul 27, 2015
Or what!!!!! This is not WAI days when your vice will send korofo to flog them in line

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Gives Reps Marching Orders: Resolve Your Crisis “within Six Hours” by Trailblazer1(m): 8:50pm On Jul 27, 2015
undecided
Re: Buhari Gives Reps Marching Orders: Resolve Your Crisis “within Six Hours” by Dezzx(m): 8:53pm On Jul 27, 2015
lipsrsealed
Re: Buhari Gives Reps Marching Orders: Resolve Your Crisis “within Six Hours” by Ghandi12: 8:55pm On Jul 27, 2015
May the good Lord deliver us from PDP plan in the HoR IJN.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Gives Reps Marching Orders: Resolve Your Crisis “within Six Hours” by TheFreeOne: 8:55pm On Jul 27, 2015
Is Buhari an emperor Are we in a military regime of 'obey the last order

May be I should assume premium times lied

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Gives Reps Marching Orders: Resolve Your Crisis “within Six Hours” by Mrbigman1(m): 8:56pm On Jul 27, 2015
Shariareporters and premium times will always ve a person pleading animosity.

Keep on formulating lies in d name of i" I dnt want my name to be mentioned"

Any of this kinda write ups I see, first I check wia it's coming from, den i'd know how to treat it.
Re: Buhari Gives Reps Marching Orders: Resolve Your Crisis “within Six Hours” by san316(m): 8:56pm On Jul 27, 2015
I wonder what will be the consequence of their failure to resolve.

I guess he may decide to afterwards use his presidential powers to flog them into compliance.

In my opinion, Dogara is overzealous and selfish.

APC said gbaja should be speaker, he said no and they left him.

They said gbaja should be deputy n he said no. They left him.

Now let gbaja be majority leader he is still saying no. Can he not compromise for once? Those positions he is fighting for don't even belong to him.

Atleast the apc caucus have been compromising from the beginning.

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Gives Reps Marching Orders: Resolve Your Crisis “within Six Hours” by lawdiami(m): 8:58pm On Jul 27, 2015
Baba, u don't have to mention it, my able leader & speaker Yakubu Dogara has settle d problem. shame on thiefibu.
Re: Buhari Gives Reps Marching Orders: Resolve Your Crisis “within Six Hours” by chymystique(f): 9:09pm On Jul 27, 2015
The crisis can be easily resolved within two mins if only Hon. Gbaja and his group concedes defeat and allow peace to reign in the house. But because they are power hungry, selfish and sore losers that ve been outsmarted, they wont... Karma is a Bitch Gbaja! Just give it up cause it seems like your destiny was never to be Speaker......

BTW, PMB knows the right thing to do... He should tell Hon. Gbaja to sheath his sword... Simple! In life, you win some and lose some

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Gives Reps Marching Orders: Resolve Your Crisis “within Six Hours” by nerodenero: 9:11pm On Jul 27, 2015
I expect these dishonourables to continue the season two of the show of shame they started some weeks ago tomorrow. YouTube and local stations would have plenty guests tomorrow. I bet our dishonourables won't disappoint.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Gives Reps Marching Orders: Resolve Your Crisis “within Six Hours” by SaiBuharii: 9:13pm On Jul 27, 2015
Saibaba
Re: Buhari Gives Reps Marching Orders: Resolve Your Crisis “within Six Hours” by chymystique(f): 9:20pm On Jul 27, 2015
san316:
I wonder what will be the consequence of their failure to resolve.

I guess he may decide to afterwards use his presidential powers to flog them into compliance.

In my opinion, Dogara is overzealous and selfish.

APC said gbaja should be speaker, he said no and they left him.

They said gbaja should be deputy n he said no. They left him.

Now let gbaja be majority leader he is still saying no. Can he not compromise for once? Those positions he is fighting for don't even belong to him.

Atleast the apc caucus have been compromising from the beginning.

Gbaja cant be House Leader cause deputy speaker is yoruba.. Dogara wants to share the principal positions amongst zones for equal representation..

1 Like

Re: Buhari Gives Reps Marching Orders: Resolve Your Crisis “within Six Hours” by Osakah24(m): 9:21pm On Jul 27, 2015
Emperor of the personal republic of Nigeria abi?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Gives Reps Marching Orders: Resolve Your Crisis “within Six Hours” by ziccoit: 9:22pm On Jul 27, 2015
Buhari just needs to restrict them to legislation the purpose of which they were elected.
Re: Buhari Gives Reps Marching Orders: Resolve Your Crisis “within Six Hours” by dabigwalls: 9:25pm On Jul 27, 2015
May not necessarily amount to sustainable relations in the next few years. This forced quick fix...hmm. Not it.
Re: Buhari Gives Reps Marching Orders: Resolve Your Crisis “within Six Hours” by ionsman: 9:25pm On Jul 27, 2015
TheFreeOne:
Is Buhari an emperor Are we in a military regime of 'obey the last order

May be I should assume premium times lied
Buhari is the number one man in Nigeria. ....Anyways,its obvious you dolts will complain over everything Buhari.

If you aren't satisfied over his stand on this issue, go into your kitchen,pick up a knife, and stab yourself. ....I mean it....

1 Like

Re: Buhari Gives Reps Marching Orders: Resolve Your Crisis “within Six Hours” by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jul 27, 2015
Or what will happen??

Sack the speaker??

Lol grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Gives Reps Marching Orders: Resolve Your Crisis “within Six Hours” by TheFreeOne: 9:40pm On Jul 27, 2015
ionsman:

Buhari is the number one man in Nigeria. ....Anyways,its obvious you dolts will complain over everything Buhari.

If you aren't satisfied over his stand on this issue, go into your kitchen,pick up a knife, and stab yourself. ....I mean it....

Stab myself ke, lai lai that shall never be my portion but maybe yours sha.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Gives Reps Marching Orders: Resolve Your Crisis “within Six Hours” by chesterlee(m): 9:52pm On Jul 27, 2015
Watch the masturbators defend their pay master!!!

Baba go slow why not give a marching order to Boko Haram? smh

1 Like

Re: Buhari Gives Reps Marching Orders: Resolve Your Crisis “within Six Hours” by nakamora: 9:53pm On Jul 27, 2015
PDP don't want Gbaja because he is seen as the mouth & eyes of APC.A tormentor of PDP & the best man for the APC job.PDP want a weakling & a compromiser to rep APC in the house.
Re: Buhari Gives Reps Marching Orders: Resolve Your Crisis “within Six Hours” by Davvymavvy(f): 9:55pm On Jul 27, 2015
It is very funny that federal character was not considered when electing SP and Speaker of NASS, just to satisfy their well concocted plan, they are churning sentiments under the facade of federal character now for selecting principal officers. You have won this lost battle but tomorrow is pregnant with painful pay back.
Re: Buhari Gives Reps Marching Orders: Resolve Your Crisis “within Six Hours” by Davvymavvy(f): 9:55pm On Jul 27, 2015
Gbaja for House Leader undecided

1 Like

Re: Buhari Gives Reps Marching Orders: Resolve Your Crisis “within Six Hours” by UnknownT: 10:53pm On Jul 27, 2015
nakamora:
PDP don't want Gbaja because he is seen as the mouth & eyes of APC.A tormentor of PDP & the best man for the APC job.PDP want a weakling & a compromiser to rep APC in the house.
You guys are pathetic! What concerns PDP with the power tussle in APC HOR caucus? So APC can't do any wrong except its PDP?
Re: Buhari Gives Reps Marching Orders: Resolve Your Crisis “within Six Hours” by Jesusloveyou: 11:11pm On Jul 27, 2015
UnknownT:
Or what!!!!! This is not WAI days when your vice will send korofo to flog them in line
did u border to read because what u Just type is different from what i read

1 Like

Re: Buhari Gives Reps Marching Orders: Resolve Your Crisis “within Six Hours” by UnknownT: 11:16pm On Jul 27, 2015
Jesusloveyou:
did u border to read because what u Just type is different from what i read
Yes you are correct, I didn't bother reading it fully. But when someone gives an ultimatum like this, there will be people who would be anxious to know the action the person would take when the ultimatum elapses. And that was why I asked, "Or what?" What will he do if after the 6 hours elapse and they didn't reach a compromise?
Re: Buhari Gives Reps Marching Orders: Resolve Your Crisis “within Six Hours” by masseratti: 11:38pm On Jul 27, 2015
chymystique:
The crisis can be easily resolved within two mins if only Hon. Gbaja and his group concedes defeat and allow peace to reign in the house. But because they are power hungry, selfish and sore losers that ve been outsmarted, they wont... Karma is a Bitch Gbaja! Just give it up cause it seems like your destiny was never to be Speaker......

BTW, PMB knows the right thing to do... He should tell Hon. Gbaja to sheath his sword... Simple! In life, you win some and lose some
why should Gbaja sheath his sword? Why didn't Dogara sheath his own sword at first before jumping into bed with PDP members, why should people from Southwest be only, vice and deputies,should we concede to that? All the positions southerners are holding in the assembly is vice and deputies.
Re: Buhari Gives Reps Marching Orders: Resolve Your Crisis “within Six Hours” by brixton: 11:59pm On Jul 27, 2015
Wether bubu likes it or not, the house fighting will continue. Gbaja says it's "his birthright", Dogara say "lai lai barawo"
Re: Buhari Gives Reps Marching Orders: Resolve Your Crisis “within Six Hours” by sigmundfreud(m): 12:32am On Jul 28, 2015
Or what?!

(1) (2) (Reply)

See The State Of New Market, Ngwa Road In Aba (photos) / Nnamdi Kanu Is A Traitor! He Should Get The Death Penalty!!! / When Will Olisa Mentu Be Released ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.