Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,811 members, 7,820,836 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:51 PM

When Will Olisa Mentu Be Released ? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / When Will Olisa Mentu Be Released ? (2444 Views)

Osinbanjo Orders Nnamdi Kanu To Be Released War / Judge Threatens National Hospital Over Olisa Metuh - Vanguard / Jonathan Wanted Kachikwu To Replace Diezani - Olisa Metuh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Will Olisa Mentu Be Released ? by comos: 12:04pm On Jan 07, 2016
I wonder what type of democracy we are operating today, where opposition party is been persecuted by all means.
where is the rule of law ? you kept the publicity secretary of the major opposition party in detention for more than 2 days,
what Interrogation or statement is he given out for such duration of time?
It was even reported that EFCC is waiting for order from Buhari before he will be released.
Did GEJ (PDP) melted such treatment to APC when he was there?
Nigeria will only grow stronger in Economy and politics when opposition are allow to strive else we end up like zimbabwe, North Korea, Gambia, e.t.c.

2 Likes

Re: When Will Olisa Mentu Be Released ? by sammyj: 12:07pm On Jan 07, 2016
Nefer until he returns our YAMS!!! grin shocked cool grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: When Will Olisa Mentu Be Released ? by funlord(m): 12:10pm On Jan 07, 2016
grin
comos:
I wonder what type of democracy we are operating today, where opposition party is been persecuted by all means.
where is the rule of law ? you kept the publicity secretary of the major opposition party in detention for more than 2 days,
It was even reported that EFCC is waiting for order from Buhari before he will be released.
Nigeria will only grow stronger in Economy and politics when opposition are allow to strive else we end up like zimbabwe, North Korea, Gambia, e.t.c.

Who cares? Abi na your uncle?

5 Likes

Re: When Will Olisa Mentu Be Released ? by comos: 12:30pm On Jan 07, 2016
sammyj:
Nefer until he returns our YAMS!!! grin shocked cool grin grin grin grin
we are talking democracy not yams.
if adequate evidence has been gotten why not charge him to court?
Re: When Will Olisa Mentu Be Released ? by comos: 12:32pm On Jan 07, 2016
funlord:
grin

Who cares? Abi na your uncle?
It could be your uncle tomorrow. Lets protect and guide our democracy by allowing opposition to strive.

1 Like

Re: When Will Olisa Mentu Be Released ? by dammytosh: 12:33pm On Jan 07, 2016
When he returns the money.

If he is my uncle he should stay in jail.

Enough of sentiments. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

What if Boko Haram have been messing up your village and the money meant for arms was shared ?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Will Olisa Mentu Be Released ? by abduljabbar4(m): 12:34pm On Jan 07, 2016
After serving his 50 years jail term na

5 Likes

Re: When Will Olisa Mentu Be Released ? by phemmyutd(m): 12:34pm On Jan 07, 2016
comos:

we are talking democracy not yams.
if adequate evidence has been gotten why not charge him to court?

Stupidy,Foolishness and Madness is when someone embezzle Billions of naira meant for the masses security and you sit here to fight and defend him when he is caught while you never benefited single kobo from it.

7 Likes

Re: When Will Olisa Mentu Be Released ? by abduljabbar4(m): 12:36pm On Jan 07, 2016
dammytosh:
When he returns the money.

If he is my uncle he should stay in jail.

Enough of sentiments. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

What if Boko Haram have been messing up your village and the money meant for arms was shared ?

You won't believe me if I tell you that I was banned for "wishing harm to a nairalander" when I made a comment similar to the bolded.

1 Like

Re: When Will Olisa Mentu Be Released ? by funlord(m): 12:44pm On Jan 07, 2016
grin
comos:

It could be your uncle tomorrow. Lets protect and guide our democracy by allowing opposition to strive.

"Stealing government funds is not the work of the opposition in any sort of sane society!" Sorry to burst your bubble but my uncle can never be caught in such a web since he is not a THIEF!!!

_Fuck metu and his ilk! They are useless thieves!!!

4 Likes

Re: When Will Olisa Mentu Be Released ? by APCsupporter: 12:49pm On Jan 07, 2016
The idiot will remain in prison forever

4 Likes

Re: When Will Olisa Mentu Be Released ? by comos: 12:54pm On Jan 07, 2016
phemmyutd:

Stupidy,Foolishness and Madness is when someone embezzle Billions of naira meant for the masses security and you sit here to fight and defend him when he is caught while you never benefited single kobo from it.
has he pleaded guilty to the charges? why not allow the court to decide?
is this the type of democray we fought for?
Re: When Will Olisa Mentu Be Released ? by comos: 12:55pm On Jan 07, 2016
APCsupporter:
The idiot will remain in prison forever
on what ground?
Re: When Will Olisa Mentu Be Released ? by comos: 12:57pm On Jan 07, 2016
funlord:
grin

"Stealing government funds is not the work of the opposition in any sort of sane society!" Sorry to burst your bubble but my uncle can never be caught in such a web since he is not a THIEF!!!

_Fuck metu and his ilk! They are useless thieves!!!

When did EFCC becomes the judge and prosecutor?
why not allow the judiciary to function?

1 Like

Re: When Will Olisa Mentu Be Released ? by Goke7: 12:58pm On Jan 07, 2016
I thought metuh's aide said he is on a friendly visit, dem de hold person wey de on friendly visit?

1 Like

Re: When Will Olisa Mentu Be Released ? by comos: 1:03pm On Jan 07, 2016
Goke7:
I thought metuh's aide said he is on a friendly visit, dem de hold person wey de on friendly visit?

I wonnder my brother.
what type of country have we degenerated to when our right is been trample upon.
rememeber it could be you, your father, uncle, family member or friends tomorrow. what will you do/say?
Re: When Will Olisa Mentu Be Released ? by DaBullIT(m): 1:05pm On Jan 07, 2016
Which OpoNu is asking for Metuah's release?

4 Likes

Re: When Will Olisa Mentu Be Released ? by comos: 1:13pm On Jan 07, 2016
DaBullIT:
Which OpoNu is asking for Metuah's release?
an OpoNu is someone who dose not know things are done in a sequence manner.
If he was your father will you be saying such thing?
Re: When Will Olisa Mentu Be Released ? by modath(f): 1:37pm On Jan 07, 2016
comos:

Bros, you do realise nurse was "friendly invited" in his personal capacity as Olisa Metuh & not as the Pub sec of the PDP

He can tomorrow relinquish the post & no longer be the Pub sec but his appellation still remains as Olisa Metuh!!

Kindly get the distinction.. thx.
Re: When Will Olisa Mentu Be Released ? by comos: 1:57pm On Jan 07, 2016
modath:

Bros, you do realise nurse was "friendly invited" in his personal capacity as Olisa Metuh & not as the Pub sec of the PDP

He can tomorrow relinquish the post & no longer be the Pub sec but his appellation still remains as Olisa Metuh!!

Kindly get the distinction.. thx.

even if invited as private, must the EFCC continue to detain him without evidence or charges ?
our democracy is in danger and some of the youth of this country is blinded sentimentally.
Re: When Will Olisa Mentu Be Released ? by comos: 2:03pm On Jan 07, 2016
abduljabbar4:
After serving his 50 years jail term na
You cannot detain a suspect for more than 48 hours without taking him to court.

BTW, the EFCC/DSS are mesmerizing Buhari's administration.

Next in line is Fayose, Fani Kayode, Mimiko, Wike, and other PDP men.

1 Like

Re: When Will Olisa Mentu Be Released ? by DropShot: 2:11pm On Jan 07, 2016
comos:

Mister, he could be held for up to 48 hours without charging to court. And EFCC can get court order to hold him beyond that time especially if he refuses to cooperate.

1 Like

Re: When Will Olisa Mentu Be Released ? by abduljabbar4(m): 2:12pm On Jan 07, 2016
comos:

You cannot detain a suspect for more than 48 hours without taking him to court.

BTW, the EFCC/DSS are mesmerizing Buhari's administration.

Next in line is Fayose, Fani Kayode, Mimiko, Wike, and other PDP men.

... As long as they are among the yam eaters

1 Like

Re: When Will Olisa Mentu Be Released ? by Pidggin(f): 2:13pm On Jan 07, 2016
Abuse of the rule of law, intimidation of opposition members, witch hunting and unlawful arrests, i don't think this is a democracy anymore
Re: When Will Olisa Mentu Be Released ? by comos: 2:35pm On Jan 07, 2016
DropShot:

Mister, he could be held for up to 48 hours without charging to court. And EFCC can get court order to hold him beyond that time especially if he refuses to cooperate.
Has he not cooperated? He has written statement? what else do they want? why not charge him to court since they have evidence.
The reason Olisa metuh is been held is not $2.1b but Bayelsa election (saturday) and APC plans to completely destroy any opposition party thereby making Nigeria one party state.
Re: When Will Olisa Mentu Be Released ? by comos: 2:36pm On Jan 07, 2016
Pidggin:
Abuse of the rule of law, intimidation of opposition members, witch hunting and unlawful arrests, i don't think this is a democracy anymore
my sister we are gradually entering into North Korea situation.

1 Like

Re: When Will Olisa Mentu Be Released ? by comos: 2:38pm On Jan 07, 2016
abduljabbar4:

... As long as they are among the yam eaters
what about those PDP that crosses to APC, have they vomitted the yams?
Re: When Will Olisa Mentu Be Released ? by DropShot: 2:41pm On Jan 07, 2016
comos:

Has he not cooperated? He has written statement? what else do they want? why not charge him to court since they have evidence.
The reason Olisa metuh is been held is not $2.1b but Bayelsa election (saturday) and APC plans to completely destroy any opposition party thereby making Nigeria one party state.
Leave story. If he didn't get N1.4bn from DasukiGate, no one will harass or arrest him.

The fact is he has refused to write another statement on another poser to him.

He has not been held beyond 48hours without charging him to court. So, where is the absence of rule of law?

1 Like

Re: When Will Olisa Mentu Be Released ? by drss2(m): 2:44pm On Jan 07, 2016
comos:
dis is wat happen when a cattle herder who doesn't know how to read becomes president. Wat a zoo.
Re: When Will Olisa Mentu Be Released ? by comos: 2:46pm On Jan 07, 2016
DropShot:

Leave story. If he didn't get N1.4bn from DasukiGate, no one will harass or arrest him.

The fact is he has refused to write another statement on another poser to him.

He has not been held beyond 48hours without charging him to court. So, where is the absence of rule of law?

are they going to force statement out of him, after saying he has non to give again. before he was arrested, I am sure the EFCC have already done their work and they have their evidence. while not charge him to court with those evidence and statement.

48hrs has since been exhausted yet he still been held by EFCC while waiting for Buhari order.

is this Democracy or Buhacracy ?
Re: When Will Olisa Mentu Be Released ? by DropShot: 2:49pm On Jan 07, 2016
comos:

are they going to force statement out of him, after saying he has non to give again. before he was arrested, I am sure the EFCC have already done their work and they have their evidence. while not charge him to court with those evidence and statement.

48hrs has since been exhausted yet he still been held by EFCC while waiting for Buhari order.

is this Democracy or Buhacracy ?
Writing statement is not optional. It is mandatory.
Refusing to write statement is "criminal" and will most likely compound your case.

Call it whatever you like. I no know ooooo.

1 Like

Re: When Will Olisa Mentu Be Released ? by comos: 2:57pm On Jan 07, 2016
DropShot:

Writing statement is not optional. It is mandatory.
Refusing to write statement is "criminal" and will most likely compound your case.

Call it whatever you like. I no know ooooo.

what further statement? after writing everything you know about.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Army Arrest SSG To Rivers State Govt / Ekweremadu Proposes A Single Term Of 6 Years For President, Governors / Wike Is Governing Rivers Like An LGA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.