Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,166 members, 7,821,955 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:45 PM

Ex-gov Sheriff Commended Over Support For Youths In Maiduguri - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ex-gov Sheriff Commended Over Support For Youths In Maiduguri (277 Views)

Ekiti APC Slams Pastor Adeboye Over Support For Fayose, Alleges Bribery! / Adeboye Lays Hands On Olunloyo, As Ex-Gov. Apologizes For Daughter's Behaviour / Kaduna APC To Sanction Shehu Sani Over Support For NLC Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ex-gov Sheriff Commended Over Support For Youths In Maiduguri by kanoguy(m): 10:12pm On Jul 27, 2015
By Ndahi Marama MAIDUGURI—Youths group from the 15 wards of Maiduguri Metropolitan Council, MMC, yesterday commended former Governor Ali Modu Sheriff for his contributions to the well being of the people of the state through cash donations to launch themselves into business and support their families. Bukhara Alhaji Bukar, a youth leader in Bullumkutu, one of the largest wards in Maiduguri, gave the commendation after receiving poverty alleviation donation from former Governor Sheriff at the week end. He said the former governor was known for his support to the youths of the state long before he ventured into politics and served as three-time senator representing Borno Central senatorial district. “When Sheriff was a governor, he gave Borno youths the opportunity to empower themselves through his poverty alleviation scheme. ‘’Many Borno youths are today proud owners of their own houses. I was one of the beneficiaries of his government that introduced poverty alleviation in Borno and we have continue to enjoy his support as youths,” Bukar said. Another youth from Shehuri ward, Baba Bulama, who received a gift of a Vectra car last week end, said he could not thank the former governor enough as he had no means of feeding after Boko Haram destroyed his shop at Baga road. He said: “Since our shops were destroyed, we have no means of living, but today I can say that I am the most happiest person because with this car, I can go into transport business to bring food to my families. I pray that Allah will continue to bless SAS and give him long life.” Muktari Kachallah, another youth, told newsmen in Maiduguri that Sheriff, who came to town at the weekend, pleaded with the youths to continue to work for peace in Borno and urged them to find something doing and not to stay idle.
Re: Ex-gov Sheriff Commended Over Support For Youths In Maiduguri by Dbrainiac1(m): 10:20pm On Jul 27, 2015
Aigoo

(1) (Reply)

Earn 0.025g Worth Of Gold = N172.84 Upon Sign Up And Leave It To Grow. / Cabinet: I ‘ll Appoint Patriotic, Decent Nigerians –president / Intervention Fund: Presidency Sets Aside N300bn For States

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.