Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,371 members, 7,822,749 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:14 PM

Five "Surgical" Possibilities Why US Refused To Sell Arms To Nigeria. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Five "Surgical" Possibilities Why US Refused To Sell Arms To Nigeria. (980 Views)

Why Should Russia Sell Arms To Sunni Nigeria? / "On My Way To Surrender My Arms To Okorocha In Owerri" - Man (Photos) / See What The World Is Saying About America's Refusal To Sell Arms To Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Five "Surgical" Possibilities Why US Refused To Sell Arms To Nigeria. by Vikkie14: 1:00am On Jul 28, 2015
Since the inception of the terrorist onslaught in 2009, the Nigeria-US relationship has become "frost" esp. during GEJ regime and also with this current Government, as the US has blatantly "refused" to sell Nigeria the needed weapons to suppress BokoHaram.
Just some days ago, PMB accused US of covertly supporting Boko Haram, read that HERE and the guy who sponsored the "Leahy Law", came out and called a whole Nigerian Military Institution "RAPISTS and MURDERERS", read that HERE . I will highlights some "possible" reasons for this.

1. PIB

Why the west is suddenly so hostile to Nigeria and is actively fighting us across the local and global stage. The "Petroleum Industry Bill", which has been with the National Assembly for quite some time, if passed in its current form, all the International Oil Companies (who are mainly western) would have to settle for a much reduced take than they currently get. Meanwhile the Eastern oil Companies (China, Korea, India) are apparently itching to come in and take up those oil blocks.
They did pressurized GEJ and his team without much success-- we hope the 8th senate will pass the bill into law. No wonder everything the Nigerian Government does then(during GEJ tenure), is wrong, and they deserve no help-- even this present government.

2.EBOLA

When the 'biological-terrorist' Patrick sawyer, landed in Lagos with the mission to inflict the "incurable" ebola virus on Nigeria in 2014, it was met with stiff resistance from the medical angle. The quick period we are able to fast-track and contain Ebola is something that baffles the whole world. We added salt to the sore throat when Nigeria was used as good "ROLE MODEL" which should be emulated. Don't forget that US send some medical personnels to study how we are able to Identify, Isolate and Insulate ebola victims within a short time.
Someone is wondering why, the word "terrorist" surface here, we have to do a flashback to 2014 when the man was still in Liberia. The CCTV clips shows him "avoiding" his country men at the airport in order not to infect them. But, when he got to Nigeria, he was said to be shaking & 'touching' people and even planning to go over to Calabar(or so). If you still think he is not a biological terrorist and that he doesn't have a mission, read THIS. Think again about the "Liberian-AMERICAN" man.

3. LGBT rights

Their gay rights issue is another one. LGBT means Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual and Trans-sexual.
I have always said that, watch any government which the West disagrees with, more often than not, they(such government) are actually doing something right and beneficial for their own country---the west is only interested in slaves it can boss around.
The same America that havent so much cared about Boko haram and over 10,000 civilians who have had their throats slits and killed, have told us that our own Military are the RAPISTs and MURDERERs that shouldn't be helped-- WTF!!!
The rabid hypocrisy and Pride is utterly breathtaking.

4. AFRICOM

Is it also possible that we are paying for opposing the relocation of US AFRIca COMmand from Europe to Africa? Think about it, Nigeria is the reason US hasn't relocate AfriCom to Africa because we are "utterly" against their Military "encroachment" on Africa.
Both and many more, last black bastion of defense against the 2nd and remote colonization and scramble for africa and it’s resources and market for western products,

5. ECONOMY

Nigeria is undoubtedly a regional power and economic block. Dont ever think US will want a rivalry to their interests. Frankly, any US-China future war will be ONLY because of Economy. We are not only the Power House of Africa, we are also the Largest Economy. Only African have refused to get it, always looking for Help or "aids".
Currently, Nigeria is Africa Biggest Economy, the 3rd Fastest Growing Economy(in the world, coming behind China and Qatar), and also, Nigeria is among the MINT countries whose economy will become extremely buoyant. Read HERE.MINT is an acronym for Mexico, Indonesia, Nigeria and Turkey. Nigeria Economy will surely hit a DOUBLE DIGIT in not too distant years if we solve our Electricity issue.
MAY GOD LEAD US ARIGHT.

Remember, WHEN NIGERIA SNEEZES, ALL OF AFRICA WILL CATCH THE COLD. ...Zambia President.

VIKKIE14

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Five "Surgical" Possibilities Why US Refused To Sell Arms To Nigeria. by Segadem(m): 1:01am On Jul 28, 2015
ok
Re: Five "Surgical" Possibilities Why US Refused To Sell Arms To Nigeria. by Teeboy22(m): 1:22am On Jul 28, 2015
nawa oooo
Re: Five "Surgical" Possibilities Why US Refused To Sell Arms To Nigeria. by Mrbigman1(m): 1:49am On Jul 28, 2015
Nice write up, I pray pa buhari tightens his angle well and make stiffer rules to keep them away from here.
Re: Five "Surgical" Possibilities Why US Refused To Sell Arms To Nigeria. by neolboy(m): 1:51am On Jul 28, 2015
K
Re: Five "Surgical" Possibilities Why US Refused To Sell Arms To Nigeria. by porka: 2:40am On Jul 28, 2015
[size=13pt]This is what all reasonable people have always known but Buhari's worshippers disagreed. They said Nigeria's problem is nothing but 'cluelessness'. Once their god is elected, America will open their armory to Nigeria; Apache helicopters would be sent to Sambisa Forest; Chibok girls would rescued in a day, Boko Haram will disappear in 2 weeks and in 3 months Nigeria will turn to Switzerland.

It seems the chicken are coming home to roost now.

Meanwhile, you didn't include China in your analysis. Nigeria's leadership since 1999 has been pragmatically tilting towards China for foreign investments, markets for our oil and diplomacy. But our Washington 'overlords' would have non of that. [/size]

3 Likes

Re: Five "Surgical" Possibilities Why US Refused To Sell Arms To Nigeria. by Vikkie14: 2:45am On Jul 28, 2015
More reasons why Our Faithful friend(s) who sold us weapons to prosecute our war on Boko Haram should not be discarded.

Russia, China, Pakistan, Czech, South Africa, Ukraine, STTEP etc, We say THANK YOU.
Re: Five "Surgical" Possibilities Why US Refused To Sell Arms To Nigeria. by magicminister: 2:59am On Jul 28, 2015
Vikkie14:
Since the inception of the terrorist onslaught in 2009, the Nigeria-US relationship has become "frost" esp. during GEJ regime and also with this current Government, as the US has blatantly "refused" to sell Nigeria the needed weapons to suppress BokoHaram.
Just some days ago, PMB accused US of covertly supporting Boko Haram, read that HERE and the guy who sponsored the "Leahy Law", came out and called a whole Nigerian Military Institution "RAPISTS and MURDERERS", read that HERE . I will highlights some "possible" reasons for this.

1. PIB

Why the west is suddenly so hostile to Nigeria and is actively fighting us across the local and global stage. The "Petroleum Industry Bill", which has been with the National Assembly for quite some time, if passed in its current form, all the International Oil Companies (who are mainly western) would have to settle for a much reduced take than they currently get. Meanwhile the Eastern oil Companies (China, Korea, India) are apparently itching to come in and take up those oil blocks.
They did pressurized GEJ and his team without much success-- we hope the 8th senate will pass the bill into law. No wonder everything the Nigerian Government does then(during GEJ tenure), is wrong, and they deserve no help-- even this present government.

2.EBOLA

When the 'biological-terrorist' Patrick sawyer, landed in Lagos with the mission to inflict the "incurable" ebola virus on Nigeria in 2014, it was met with stiff resistance from the medical angle. The quick period we are able to fast-track and contain Ebola is something that baffles the whole world. We added salt to the sore throat when Nigeria was used as good "ROLE MODEL" which should be emulated. Don't forget that US send some medical personnels to study how we are able to Identify, Isolate and Insulate ebola victims within a short time.
Someone is wondering why, the word "terrorist" surface here, we have to do a flashback to 2014 when the man was still in Liberia. The CCTV clips shows him "avoiding" his country men at the airport in order not to infect them. But, when he got to Nigeria, he was said to be shaking & 'touching' people and even planning to go over to Calabar(or so). If you still think he is not a biological terrorist and that he doesn't have a mission, read THIS. Think again about the "Liberian-AMERICAN" man.

3. LGBT rights

Their gay rights issue is another one. LGBT means Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual and Trans-sexual.
I have always said that, watch any government which the West disagrees with, more often than not, they(such government) are actually doing something right and beneficial for their own country---the west is only interested in slaves it can boss around.
The same America that havent so much cared about Boko haram and over 10,000 civilians who have had their throats slits and killed, have told us that our own Military are the RAPISTs and MURDERERs that shouldn't be helped-- WTF!!!
The rabid hypocrisy and Pride is utterly breathtaking.

4. AFRICOM

Is it also possible that we are paying for opposing the relocation of US AFRIca COMmand from Europe to Africa? Think about it, Nigeria is the reason US hasn't relocate AfriCom to Africa because we are "utterly" against their Military "encroachment" on Africa.
Both and many more, last black bastion of defense against the 2nd and remote colonization and scramble for africa and it’s resources and market for western products,

5. ECONOMY

Nigeria is undoubtedly a regional power and economic block. Dont ever think US will want a rivalry to their interests. Frankly, any US-China future war will be ONLY because of Economy. We are not only the Power House of Africa, we are also the Largest Economy. Only African have refused to get it, always looking for Help or "aids".
Currently, Nigeria is Africa Biggest Economy, the 3rd Fastest Growing Economy(in the world, coming behind China and Qatar), and also, Nigeria is among the MINT(the next world economy power house) country of countries whose economy will become extremely buoyant. MINT is an acronym for Mexico, Indonesia, Nigeria and Turkey. Nigeria Economy surely will hit a trillion dollars in not too distant years--- a issue bothering them.

Remember, WHEN NIGERIA SNEEZES, ALL OF AFRICA WILL CATCH THE COLD. ...Zambia President.

VIKKIE14

[b]Nigerian Military has severe allegations/cases of human rights abuse to its credit and the Nigerian Government isn't doing much to bring the perpetrators to justice.
The bad eggs (Most are bad) in the Nigerian army will rape, loot and torture the people they are supposed to protect.
There are tonnes of evidence attesting to that fact.

The United states has a lay that forbids it from selling weapons to countries with a cases of "severe" [/b]human right abuses.

Nigeria has to redeem itself.
Personally, i do not feel safe around the Nigerian armed forces.
When ever the police is driving around me, i fear that an accidental discharge might end my life.

When the army drives rough and blare their siren for their pot bellied ogas, i fear that i might be knocked down and no one would bat an eyelid in my defence.

Our armed forces are belligerent and truculent.
Its high time we accept that fact and make reformation of the armed forces a top agenda.

I AM A PEACEFUL person and i would never speak rudely to any man in "uniform" or with a gun but i have had the police point a gun at me 3 times in my life!!

4 Likes

Re: Five "Surgical" Possibilities Why US Refused To Sell Arms To Nigeria. by RedCard1(m): 3:09am On Jul 28, 2015
6. We beg too much. Anyway, the LGBT case is very easy to fix
Re: Five "Surgical" Possibilities Why US Refused To Sell Arms To Nigeria. by Vikkie14: 3:26am On Jul 28, 2015
magicminister:

[b]Nigerian Military has severe allegations/cases of human rights abuse to its credit and the Nigerian Government isn't doing much to bring the perpetrators to justice.
The bad eggs (Most are bad) in the Nigerian army will rape, loot and torture the people they are supposed to protect.
There are tonnes of evidence attesting to that fact.

The United states has a lay that forbids it from selling weapons to countries with a cases of "severe" [/b]human right abuses.

Nigeria has to redeem itself.
Personally, i do not feel safe around the Nigerian armed forces.
When ever the police is driving around me, i fear that an accidental discharge might end my life.

When the army drives rough and blare their siren for their pot bellied ogas, i fear that i might be knocked down and no one would bat an eyelid in my defence.

Our armed forces are belligerent and truculent.
Its high time we accept that fact and make reformation of the armed forces a top agenda.

I AM A PEACEFUL person and i would never speak rudely to any man in "uniform" or with a gun but i have had the police point a gun at me 3 times in my life!!
sorry on your last statement.

But, Bro, who will you choose between the Military(that you claimed harrassed civilians) and Boko Haram(who killed anything "killable" and destroy anything "destroyable"wink??

If we are to stop our support for the Military because of some military officers abuse of power, is it Boko haram who slits throats and burn citizens alive that we are going to support?

If we say the Military should sit and reform itself before we can TRUST them, is it BH that we will throw our trust on? As there wont be FEAR OF ACCIDENTAL DISCHARGE from them?

THE WORLD IS A DANGEROUS PLACE NOT BECAUSE OF THE PEOPLE WHO ARE EVIL, BUT BECAUSE OF THE PEOPLE WHO DO NOTHING ABOUT THEM.

For evil to thrive, the good men only need to keep silent.

Even the US government that is accusing Nigerian Military of Human Rights Violations, THEY HAVE THE "WORST" HUMAN RIGHTS RECORD. Is it the twin invasions of Iraq or the drone strikes that has killed thousands of Afghanistans or those that are deliberately bombed or those that came to rescued dead and injured civilians during an airstrike and another armed drone was sent to bombed the rescuers or the assassination of Ghaddafi(of Libya) by US Forces??
The abuses being committed at the Guatanamo Prison can't be mentioned, or is it the Crimes of US soldiers shooting on women and children in their own villages, or is it the incident of "erring" missiles that hits civilian buildings in Pakistan?
Countless atrocities by US forces and you are here telling me Nigeria forces are not better than Boko Haram--that's how you sounded.

I agree we need reforms but not on the "overblown" so called human rights records.

1 Like

Re: Five "Surgical" Possibilities Why US Refused To Sell Arms To Nigeria. by Bollove: 5:09am On Jul 28, 2015
Nigeria is not yet a reasonable country and we simply have management , trust and patriotic issues.
Imagine US supplying us weapon only for Bokoharam to bomb the Arsenal and cart this sophisticated gears away and the same would now be used to kill innocent civilians......US will never forgive herself ....

As Buhari rightly said, we have to put our house in order so as to be able to access sophisticated tools we want ...US will want their tools to be rightly accounted for.

all the above points you mentioned are not out of order though ...CIA is a devilish Institution which has the power to do and undo in promoting US interested whether good or bad yet , we need to put our house in order.
Re: Five "Surgical" Possibilities Why US Refused To Sell Arms To Nigeria. by Candybob(m): 5:28am On Jul 28, 2015
OK i agree with you 95%
The United States has always been known for their hypocrisy.
Actually i think Nigeria refusing to accept Africom is the reason for the emergence of Boko haram. It wont surprise me at all if it comes out the CIA actually sponsors BH!

But what pains me more is the fact that Africa just refused to rise up! Instead of exploring options that will engage the people productively, fixing their energy needs and addressing their economic issues. The leaders have no vision, they are only interested in holding on to power. The people are worse, blinding themselves with stupid foreign religious nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Five "Surgical" Possibilities Why US Refused To Sell Arms To Nigeria. by magicminister: 8:08am On Jul 30, 2015
Vikkie14:
sorry on your last statement.

But, Bro, who will you choose between the Military(that you claimed harrassed civilians) and Boko Haram(who killed anything "killable" and destroy anything "destroyable"wink??

If we are to stop our support for the Military because of some military officers abuse of power, is it Boko haram who slits throats and burn citizens alive that we are going to support?

If we say the Military should sit and reform itself before we can TRUST them, is it BH that we will throw our trust on? As there wont be FEAR OF ACCIDENTAL DISCHARGE from them?

THE WORLD IS A DANGEROUS PLACE NOT BECAUSE OF THE PEOPLE WHO ARE EVIL, BUT BECAUSE OF THE PEOPLE WHO DO NOTHING ABOUT THEM.

For evil to thrive, the good men only need to keep silent.

Even the US government that is accusing Nigerian Military of Human Rights Violations, THEY HAVE THE "WORST" HUMAN RIGHTS RECORD. Is it the twin invasions of Iraq or the drone strikes that has killed thousands of Afghanistans or those that are deliberately bombed or those that came to rescued dead and injured civilians during an airstrike and another armed drone was sent to bombed the rescuers or the assassination of Ghaddafi(of Libya) by US Forces??
The abuses being committed at the Guatanamo Prison can't be mentioned, or is it the Crimes of US soldiers shooting on women and children in their own villages, or is it the incident of "erring" missiles that hits civilian buildings in Pakistan?
Countless atrocities by US forces and you are here telling me Nigeria forces are not better than Boko Haram--that's how you sounded.

I agree we need reforms but not on the "overblown" so called human rights records.

You have spoken very well.
There are cases of human rights abuse cases all over the world but atleast, the American justice system tries to bring erring soldiers to book.
Recently, some were sentenced to death for shooting innocent people in iraq and some were sentenced to life in prison.
Often times, the truculent soldiers are often a handful but the NIGERIAN government is not doing anything to keep them in check.

Even NDA cadets now go about punishing civilians as can be seen in the link below
http://www.informationng.com/2015/07/photos-of-first-year-nda-cadets-harassing-civilians.html

I am not against shooting boko-haram renegades but i am against the torture and extra-judicial murder of anyone.
That is the difference between us and them. If the Nigerian army keep murdering indiscriminately, then there is no difference between them and Boko haram.

Even in a peaceful state like lagos or anambra, the Nigerian Armed forces blare their siren in non-emergency situations and you know what happens if you dont leave the road??

Remember this case?
https://www.nairaland.com/191814/naval-officers-beat-up-lady/8

My brother, leaVE story.

Lets call a spade a spade and not a shovel.
The u.s. does not need Nigeria in anyway but we need them.
If we get the U.s. to buy our oil do you know how much we would make?
If we get arms and training from them, do you know how much more powerful we could be??

The Nigerian armed forces are the most corrupt and brutal organisations in the whole of west africa.

I WOULD ONLY CRITICIZE U.S. IF THEIR ACCUSATIONS WERE FALSE BUT WE ALL KNOW THAT IS TRUE.

A COUNTRY OF CONSCIENCE WILL NEVER GIVE ITS WEAPON OUT TO ANOTHER COUNTRY THAT MURDERS CIVILIANS!!
Re: Five "Surgical" Possibilities Why US Refused To Sell Arms To Nigeria. by Nobody: 9:12am On Jul 30, 2015
America is right in this regard, most of the Soldiers you see at check points are Boko Haram members. Only few are true soldiers. The true solders are the ones they send to the war front to fight BH, many of who get killed while the enemies are left to roam the street, waiting for order from their masters to strike. A Northern Christian soldier confirmed this. He said they the real soldiers, especially christians are the ones they send to the war front, fearing his own life was in danger. My main point is most of the soldiers you see on the streets are either BH themselves or are used by BH, the very ones who perpetuate evil. This is why the fight against BH is hard because you don't even know who the real BHmist are. What America can see sitting you can't see it even when you climb an Iroko tree.

(1) (Reply)

Cost Cutting: Shell To Cut 6,500 Jobs.. / Did God Actually Create People In Two's? / Nigeria Army Men Of Steel Handling IED Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.