Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,889 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:10 AM

Buharism: Nigeria’ S Revenue Rises For Second Consecutive Month - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buharism: Nigeria’ S Revenue Rises For Second Consecutive Month (2736 Views)

Reno Omokri Mocks Bashir Ahmad For Celebrating "Buharism" As A Political Term / Buharism: Buhari Appears In The English Dictionary / Buharism: Nigeria’s Revenue rises For Second Consecutive month (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buharism: Nigeria’ S Revenue Rises For Second Consecutive Month by Nobody: 9:15am On Jul 28, 2015
Nigeria ’s gross government revenues rose for the
second consecutive month in June to 485. 95
billion naira ( $2. 44 billion ) , up 33 per cent from
May, the finance ministry said .
The total for distribution to the three tiers of
government was 518. 542 billion naira including a
6. 33 billion refund by the state oil company ,
value added tax of 64. 99 billion naira and an
exchange rate gain of 6. 69 billion naira .
The balance of the Excess Crude Account stood
at $2 . 207 billion , up from $2. 078 billion on June
Some business analysts have attributed the
revenue increase to President Muhammadu
Buhari’ s anti -corruption drive which is geared at
blocking leakages particularly in the oil sector .
Buhari is optimistic that the most populous black
nation can recover some of its stolen funds that
have put in foreign accounts across the globe.
In a recent state visit to the United States , he got
assurances from the US government led by
President Barack Obama that Nigeria will recover
monies stolen by politicians and public office
holders.

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/07/28/buharism-nigerias-revenue-rises-for-second-consecutive-month/

lalasticlala

Re: Buharism: Nigeria’ S Revenue Rises For Second Consecutive Month by Demmocrats(m): 9:15am On Jul 28, 2015
I told you guys that my sai buhari will change this country for good

Now it has begun

Good bless my sai buhari

Good bless 9ja
www.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buharism: Nigeria’ S Revenue Rises For Second Consecutive Month by Demmocrats(m): 9:16am On Jul 28, 2015
Re: Buharism: Nigeria’ S Revenue Rises For Second Consecutive Month by Nobody: 9:18am On Jul 28, 2015
I don't knw why APC is out to misinform and propagate falsehood to Nigerians. What has revenue rise got to do with Buhari anti-corruption when our earning is determined by oil sales and tax plus other incomes? NNPC paid N6.3billion as tax to the Federation account which is Statutory/normal. Beside, the NnPC's N6.3billion tax was paid in May 2015 under the Jonathan's administration. The revenue for May 2015 was even Higher than that for April. For the record, Nigeria earned and shared N330billion and N406billion respectively in May 2015
www.thenewsnigeria.com.ng/2015/06/24/fg-states-share-n409billion-in-may/

The government should be more concerned with spending these money for Nigerians. At present we have increased cost of goods in the market, our inflation rate is now at 10%(back to double digits) no Thanks to Buhari, businesses are winding up, nothing seems to be working. I think this administration does not understand what it means by democratic dividend.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buharism: Nigeria’ S Revenue Rises For Second Consecutive Month by BeeBeeOoh(m): 9:19am On Jul 28, 2015
Na me get dis place
Re: Buharism: Nigeria’ S Revenue Rises For Second Consecutive Month by ikbnice(m): 9:20am On Jul 28, 2015
i thought some people said this man is too slow and isn't working too. Is this not part of the change we all want?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buharism: Nigeria’ S Revenue Rises For Second Consecutive Month by Realdeals(m): 9:22am On Jul 28, 2015
Good report

Get daily news headlines @ www.newsheadlines.com.ng

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buharism: Nigeria’ S Revenue Rises For Second Consecutive Month by Sparrow13: 9:22am On Jul 28, 2015
Buhari blocking the leakage since may 2015

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buharism: Nigeria’ S Revenue Rises For Second Consecutive Month by edo3(m): 9:24am On Jul 28, 2015
Great.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buharism: Nigeria’ S Revenue Rises For Second Consecutive Month by NoMoreTrolling: 9:25am On Jul 28, 2015
I will applaud this move.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buharism: Nigeria’ S Revenue Rises For Second Consecutive Month by 7lives: 9:35am On Jul 28, 2015
barcanista:
I don't knw why APC is out to misinform and propagate falsehood to Nigerians. What has revenue rise got to do with Buhari anti-corruption when our earning is determined by oil sales and tax plus other incomes? NNPC paid N69billion as tax to the Federation account which is Statutory/normal. Beside, the NnPC's N69billion tax was paid in May 2015 under the Jonathan's administration. The revenue for May 2015 was even Higher than that for April. For the record, Nigeria earned N409billion in May 2015

The government should be more concerned

Anti corruption drive is the reason or why did you think Nigeria lost so much money under JEG?.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buharism: Nigeria’ S Revenue Rises For Second Consecutive Month by Nobody: 9:37am On Jul 28, 2015
ikbnice:
i thought some people said this man is too slow and isn't working too. Is this not part of the change we all want?
Which change? What you are seeing is propaganda. Increased revenue which is mainly from crude oil sales + statutory tax isn't Buhari's making. Did the NNPC pay the tax under Buhari or Jonathan? When revenue peaked did GEJ or Yar'adua used it to sing? What Nigerians want is democratic dividends not telling us that we earned this while goods prices are going up and nothing is working

1 Like

Re: Buharism: Nigeria’ S Revenue Rises For Second Consecutive Month by vivypretty(f): 9:38am On Jul 28, 2015
forward ever backward never

1 Like

Re: Buharism: Nigeria’ S Revenue Rises For Second Consecutive Month by Nobody: 9:42am On Jul 28, 2015
7lives:

Anti corruption drive is the reason or why did you think Nigeria lost so much money under JEG?.
Perhaps you should go back to read the complete comment. Which money did Nigeria lose under GEJ? How much was crude oil in May and in June? How many barrels did we sell? How much did we recorded as tax? In May the Government of Jonathan earned more than what it did in April (including the famous NNPC tax). Will you say GEJ blocked loopholes too within a month of leaving power? Which loopholes dis Buhari block? Pls specify. This shouldn't even be subjected to debate.

2 Likes

Re: Buharism: Nigeria’ S Revenue Rises For Second Consecutive Month by olapluto(m): 9:43am On Jul 28, 2015
barcanista:
I don't knw why APC is out to misinform and propagate falsehood to Nigerians. What has revenue rise got to do with Buhari anti-corruption when our earning is determined by oil sales and tax plus other incomes? NNPC paid N69billion as tax to the Federation account which is Statutory/normal. Beside, the NnPC's N69billion tax was paid in May 2015 under the Jonathan's administration. The revenue for May 2015 was even Higher than that for April. For the record, Nigeria earned N409billion in May 2015

The government should be more concerned with spending these money for Nigerians. At present we have increased cost of goods in the market, our inflation rate is now at 10%(back to double digits) no Thanks to Buhari, businesses are winding up, nothing seems to be working. I think this administration does not understand what it means by democratic dividend.
If you cannot understand how corruption saps revenue, then you are not intelligent.
These incomes and taxes would have been shared in private pockets and only the leftovers remitted to the federation account. Buhari is changing that very much now. It is not surprising that every month is a record breaking revenue income.

14 Likes

Re: Buharism: Nigeria’ S Revenue Rises For Second Consecutive Month by olapluto(m): 9:45am On Jul 28, 2015
barcanista:
Which change? What you are seeing is propaganda. Increased revenue which is mainly from crude oil sales + statutory tax isn't Buhari's making. Did the NNPC pay the tax under Buhari or Jonathan? When revenue peaked did GEJ or Yar'adua used it to sing? What Nigerians want is democratic dividends not telling us that we earned this while goods prices are going up and nothing is working
See bitterness torturing you. Sorry eh.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buharism: Nigeria’ S Revenue Rises For Second Consecutive Month by dustmalik: 9:45am On Jul 28, 2015
barcanista:

This is how you go about spreading falsehood all over this forum. Where is evidence of the bolded?

8 Likes

Re: Buharism: Nigeria’ S Revenue Rises For Second Consecutive Month by joseph1832(m): 9:47am On Jul 28, 2015
I really don't believe Nigerians need to be bothered about such things because this so called rise and drop in revenue will not make the government increase minimum wage.
Re: Buharism: Nigeria’ S Revenue Rises For Second Consecutive Month by Nobody: 9:48am On Jul 28, 2015
olapluto:

If you cannot understand how corruption saps revenue, then you are not intelligent.
These incomes and taxes would have been shared in private pockets and only the leftovers remitted to the federation account. Buhari is changing that very much now. It is not surprising that every month is a record breaking revenue income.
You see why I said you Buharists are pathetic? Do you think that any government official share what goes in to Federation Account? No bro...
They Declare whatever earnings accrued to Federation Account, share to States and the FG and whoever wants to loot will then loot what was allocated to their state or the FG as the case may be.

When the revenue was up in May, didn't Jonathan administration declared it? I provided a link for you to compare April and May Earning.

1 Like

Re: Buharism: Nigeria’ S Revenue Rises For Second Consecutive Month by seunmsg(m): 9:49am On Jul 28, 2015
Kudos to the Buhari administration. The anti corruption crusade is gradually paying off.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buharism: Nigeria’ S Revenue Rises For Second Consecutive Month by joseph1832(m): 9:51am On Jul 28, 2015
barcanista:

I am very concern about the embolden, can you kindly elucidate me on the businesses that are folding up? I believe for you to have posited such, you will have viable data to support your claim.

Please kindly oblige me with the data of your findings. Thanks so much as you do.

6 Likes

Re: Buharism: Nigeria’ S Revenue Rises For Second Consecutive Month by kernel504(m): 9:53am On Jul 28, 2015
A
Re: Buharism: Nigeria’ S Revenue Rises For Second Consecutive Month by Nobody: 9:54am On Jul 28, 2015
dustmalik:

This is how you go about spreading falsehood all over this forum. Where is evidence of the bolded?
I don't think you are in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Buharism: Nigeria’ S Revenue Rises For Second Consecutive Month by mrborntodoit: 9:56am On Jul 28, 2015
Without ministers?

Yimu undecided
Re: Buharism: Nigeria’ S Revenue Rises For Second Consecutive Month by Emekamex(m): 9:56am On Jul 28, 2015
APC and Propaganda are like.....
Re: Buharism: Nigeria’ S Revenue Rises For Second Consecutive Month by paragon40(m): 9:57am On Jul 28, 2015
Mr barcanista....if u say nothing is working in Nigeria u better wake up from your sleep in togo, Nigeria is doing great and we have moved forward, u think this is Gej's administration wer dey rush things and we don't see results....whether, Taniods likes it or not baba will rule this country for 8years... save ur ink for better things......u only criticise, without suggesting possible solutions to solve those issues....

7 Likes

Re: Buharism: Nigeria’ S Revenue Rises For Second Consecutive Month by Nobody: 10:00am On Jul 28, 2015
paragon40:
Mr barcanista....if u say nothing is working in Nigeria u better wake up from your sleep in togo, Nigeria is doing great and we have moved forward, u think this is Gej's administration wer dey rush things and we don't see results....whether, Taniods likes it or not baba will rule this country for 8years... save ur ink for better things......u only criticise, without suggesting possible solutions to solve those issues....
Why not tell Nigerians what actually is working..?
Re: Buharism: Nigeria’ S Revenue Rises For Second Consecutive Month by olapluto(m): 10:02am On Jul 28, 2015
'businesses are winding up, nothing seems to be working' for barcanista.
For Nigerians, power has improved, businesses are improving, production is looking upwards. Corruption is sliding and some folks are not happy.

4 Likes

Re: Buharism: Nigeria’ S Revenue Rises For Second Consecutive Month by dustmalik: 10:07am On Jul 28, 2015
barcanista:
I don't think you are in Nigeria
No, I'm on Mars.

3 Likes

Re: Buharism: Nigeria’ S Revenue Rises For Second Consecutive Month by ERODEDEAST(f): 10:09am On Jul 28, 2015
There is nofin like buharism only Awoism who was a Progressive.

Not this "KATSINA ILLITERATE"
Re: Buharism: Nigeria’ S Revenue Rises For Second Consecutive Month by nnachukz(m): 10:10am On Jul 28, 2015
People mumu o. Which capital project has the man awarded? which infrastructure has he built? If I save and I am not spending won't it appreciate? If on the process my businesses are folding, my infrastructures and other areas of my businesses are depreciating beyond and above the added money in my account, am I making profit or loss?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Reuben Abati Says Goodluck Jonathan Doesn't Drink, But What Is Going On Here? / Drop Your Prayers For Nnamdi Kanu. / Oh Canada!! What A Cabinet!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.