Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,208 members, 7,818,705 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:19 PM

Do These To Boost Your Chances 15 Minutes Before An Interview - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Do These To Boost Your Chances 15 Minutes Before An Interview (462 Views)

9 Skills That Will Boost Your CV And Make You Get A Job Faster / 5 Simple Strategies To Boost Your Career / Got An Interview, How Do You Tell Your Present Boss? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Do These To Boost Your Chances 15 Minutes Before An Interview by Papilo87(m): 12:29pm On Jul 28, 2015
Interviews are like examinations.

We’ve all been there before. We know that the few minutes before the interview starts can be one of the most mentally and emotionally gruelling moments we would ever encounter. Examinations are even better in some respects. At least, you have an idea of what you’ll write and you won’t be facing anybody to talk. But here, you’re relying basically on guts feeling.

I have seen able bodied candidates going jellylike just before they are ushered into the interview room. I had literally melted, myself, on several occasions. The sweaty palms and the heartbeats that threaten to rip your chest apart are signs of a diminished confidence.
This poses a grave danger to your performance at the interview. It presents you as a caged, bottled and suffocating candidate begging for the mercy of the interviewer. Once your confidence has taken such a big bashing, marketing yourself to the interviewer becomes an almost lost battle.

Bring Back the Winning Memories

Can you recollect those times you did things that made you feel capable and respected? It could be as simple as giving some constructive advice to someone who came back to tell you how helpful the advice was or it could be as grand as when you successfully lead a team on a project. At that time, you felt on top of your world – reliable, resourceful and effective.
Bring back the memories. They prime you for the interview ahead. They puff up your confidence.

Don’t Be Late. Don’t be too Early

Assuming you’re the best candidate for any interview on earth, I rejoice with you. However, the day you’ll know that the mighty do fall is the day you arrive late to an interview. You will be rattled out of your cage and you will be left completely out of steam.
So, don’t be late to an interview.

Don’t rehearse. Go Over Your Notes

Ok. It’s fine that you practise your delivery but let it stop just before you leave your house or office for the interview venue. One thing you must know is that interviewers know when you’re sounding programmed and robotic. Lest I forget, your chances of making silly mistakes increase when you’re bent on rehearsing into the interview room.

More: https://blog.ngcareers.com/4440/do-these-to-boost-your-confidence-in-the-15-minutes-before-an-interview/
Re: Do These To Boost Your Chances 15 Minutes Before An Interview by Miracle4Sure: 12:30pm On Jul 28, 2015
Okiez....
Re: Do These To Boost Your Chances 15 Minutes Before An Interview by Papilo87(m): 12:47pm On Jul 28, 2015
Hope it made an impression?

(1) (Reply)

Done / Need Of A Place For Tutorial Center / Career And Business Seminar For Young Professionals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.