Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,732 members, 7,820,534 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:36 PM

Can We Have The Change? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can We Have The Change? (404 Views)

The Change APC Promised Is Real. Picture Evidence. / The "Change The Change" PDP Billboard In Makurdi I Saw Today (pics) / Lawyer As A Minister Of Works?......this Is Not The Change We Voted For (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can We Have The Change? by Tosdam(m): 4:35pm On Jul 28, 2015
CAN WE HAVE THE CHANGE?

Fear grips me and tears run down my cheek as my mind reflects on the country misdemeanor that has been catapulted to the worst form of shocking. In a mixture of gloomy and trepidation, my adrenaline gland punch fast and my mind wander away from the “giant of Africa” we used to be in the past. How well I tried to send the right signal to my mind but it failed because I can’t stop remembering the mass burial given to the innocent Nigerians. The burnt sacrifice they have turned and roasted corns they have become in the hands of the evil minds of this failed society.

The silly rhetorical question that keeps ringing in my mind is “do we have a leader?” Truly, I need no reply like many of you will think but the question is strictly related to the suffering my fellow compatriot faced and experienced. These innocent souls really do not deserve it, they paid debt they have not incurred and nobody seems to care.

The pathetic situation has given me the temerity to discuss the problems of this country but if I must discuss with sincerity without profane to our progenitors who are heroes. Like I thought yester-year, so many people will think bad leader, mismanagement, corruption, ignorance, disloyalty etc. all compound to be our problem but they are definitely not. I will not take a second to unravel the truth; we are the channel of our problem and we work together to compound it daily. And, we never stop complaining like I am currently doing.

Everybody is strongly claiming saint but we share a little or many quota in the current problems. Although, the lion share goes to those I do tag “Ambassador of poverty” who have confidently seen their elected office as a means of becoming affluence and wealthy. They failed to believe the quote of Thomas Hobbes that says “A bad or good leader can never be poor”. They breach the rule to suit their interest and play the big boss. I won’t quickly judge them without shifting blame to the past heroes who have left behind the darkness of power. My little research to this ink has corroborated that our heroes are corrupted too, though, not as corrupted as current leaders and they should be held responsible for the plight their grand children face today. In those days a corrupt man is he that invest ninety percent and loot ten percent of national funds but this era leaders are ready to loot ninety percent while they invest ten percent; a typical representation of the Stone Age in inverse proportion to the jet age. Let me encapsulate my words by adding this; imagine the numbers of years Obasanjo, Ibrahim Babaginda, Balarabe Musa, Atiku, Buhari, Tinubu and many others spent in power and never stop acting the big boss of this country. Since I was born I have been hearing about these set of big guns and power drunken old bosses popularly known as “god father” who still remain the reigning champion.

Everybody is strongly claiming saint but we share a little or many quota in the current problem. Although, the lion share goes to those I do tagged “Ambassador of poverty” who have confidently seen their elected office as a means of becoming affluence and wealthy

Like many believed that the likes of Awolowo, MKO Abiola, Nnamdi Azikwe, Herbert Macaulay, Tafa Balewa and many more would have brought change if they are born to this era or still alive to witness this era. I once thought that way but haven’t sat myself down to reckoned deeply, I discovered it is mere comparison without deep foresight. If I was born into Shakespeare era, I would definitely speak Shakespeare English. So many people in that era behaved according to the era like we behave now according to what is on ground. Currently, corruption has eaten deep into the fabric of this nation. In fact, it has become a fighting case in every sector today in Nigeria.

We are really soaked with corruption and everybody is clamouring “Jonathan must go” like “Ghana must go” and Buhari must come, finally, Buhari is here like we believe there is a hope. President Jonathan is not serving the Nigerians right. In his era, terrorism has joined the league race while corruption supplements it.

Who is speaking about the Farouk Lawan and Otedola case? Hmmm, the case has been buried. Funny enough, Dimeji Bankole is now the current Presidential candidate of Social Democratic Party (SDP). I could imagine how Nigerians chew his embezzlement saga and allow every case of corruption to be swept under the carpet. Now, SDP is celebrating Dimeji Bankole and nobody cares. I don’t just want to list the fresh corruption case in record, assuming the sleeping dog is dead. We are only engrossed to condemn a fresh case of corruption and allow it buries some weeks later.

There is no dispute about it that everybody wants to eats the national cake and allows others to wallow in abject poverty. How then can we experience change when our patriotic mind has been substituted with making quick money?

Can Nigeria still experience the better time? A typical YES because nothing is impossible. However, we need to change ourselves first before Nigeria change. Our orientation towards ourselves and the nation needs to change.

To you reader of this post; Can we have the change? How? When? Please Discuss.
Re: Can We Have The Change? by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jul 28, 2015
which change?
Re: Can We Have The Change? by nnachukz(m): 4:40pm On Jul 28, 2015
Re: Can We Have The Change? by DaBullIT(m): 4:42pm On Jul 28, 2015
I nor understand ??
Re: Can We Have The Change? by Tosdam(m): 7:53pm On Jul 28, 2015
londongal03:
which change?

A better Nigeria, which is well developed.
Re: Can We Have The Change? by Tosdam(m): 7:57pm On Jul 28, 2015
DaBullIT:
I nor understand ??

I know u believe in Buhari like I do. Just reason with us the real change we need.

(1) (Reply)

A 58-year-old Fake Pastor Disappear With Firm's #16m , / BREAKING: Saraki Names Self, Melaye Others Committees Heads / Lagos Releases 11bn For Pension Payment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.