Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,810,001 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:36 PM

Only In America They Behave Like Mental-man Kills 4 At Family Gathering In Miami - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Only In America They Behave Like Mental-man Kills 4 At Family Gathering In Miami (2135 Views)

Maryam Abacha Pictured At Family Event / Boko Haram Returns To Chibok, Kills 4, Houses Razed / Bomb Blast In Kaduna Kills 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Only In America They Behave Like Mental-man Kills 4 At Family Gathering In Miami by sunnykiss(m): 1:34pm On Mar 16, 2009
Police in Miami, Fla., say the breakdown of a marriage may have been behind a shooting that left five people dead, including the gunman.

A man used a semi-automatic handgun to kill four people at a family gathering in the city shortly after midnight, police said Sunday.

Three females and a male inside the house died. Police say the gunman left the scene in a pickup truck and drove five kilometres to another house, where he shot and killed himself.

The man apparently had set fire to both his home and truck.

Neighbours weren't sure if anyone was inside the one-storey ivory stucco building, but they couldn't knock because the fire was so intense.

Police did not release the names of those who died because family members hadn't been notified. They said the gunman may have been upset because his wife had left him, but they're still investigating.

Landlord Abel Loredo, who owns the building where the alleged gunman shot himself, said the man had lived there for five years.

Loredo declined to identify the man but said he had moved from Cuba about a decade ago. The man was a cook at a restaurant in nearby Little Havana for a time before becoming an electrician a few years ago.

http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2009/03/15/miami-shooting.html?ref=rss
Re: Only In America They Behave Like Mental-man Kills 4 At Family Gathering In Miami by cre8tivity(f): 2:36pm On Mar 16, 2009
what is the difference between putting tire around the neck of a living human being on the street and setting him on fire, while 100s of other people watch the live scene of a burning human being as he struggles for his life?
if you think only in america they behave like mental-man, then i will suggest that only in nigeria people behave like bush animals.
@poster: educate yourself and stop thinking like a lost bush-boy.
Re: Only In America They Behave Like Mental-man Kills 4 At Family Gathering In Miami by Afaukwu: 2:38pm On Mar 16, 2009
Why only in America? Did you not read what happened in Germany recently
Re: Only In America They Behave Like Mental-man Kills 4 At Family Gathering In Miami by redsun(m): 2:49pm On Mar 16, 2009
Domestic terrorism is worst than islamic

Any bleeped up murderfucker who is ready to die can easily pick up some ever accessible machine guns and shoot as many people as possible before he dies.And there are so many psychos in the west driven mad by the cold rat race
Re: Only In America They Behave Like Mental-man Kills 4 At Family Gathering In Miami by Badriyyah(f): 2:52pm On Mar 16, 2009
cre8tivity:

what is the difference between putting tire around the neck of a living human being on the street and setting him on fire, while 100s of other people watch the live scene of a burning human being as he struggles for his life?
if you think only in america they behave like mental-man, then i will suggest that only in nigeria people behave like bush animals.

Well said, every country has their own problems.
Re: Only In America They Behave Like Mental-man Kills 4 At Family Gathering In Miami by lucabrasi(m): 3:32pm On Mar 16, 2009
cre8tivity:

the difference is an african country where the police and other law enforcement authorities are riddled with corruption and would collect bribes from criminals and set them free,often times going back on reprisal attacks to the houses of these who handed them over,i know a whole family weho was wiped out like this hence they resorted to self help.

the other country has no need to resort to self help,because they have a working law enforcement,neither was there any crime or malfeisance committed that will warrant suddenly removing a firearm and summarily executing your own family members, that sounds like a cucoo dude to me,THAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE TWO!!
@POSTER
i dont make the mistake of not looking back when i pass by anybody anytime im in that country,especially white people,same as here in uk too grin these gys need tighter gun controls and there needs to be a mental hospital in every street corner
Re: Only In America They Behave Like Mental-man Kills 4 At Family Gathering In Miami by JustGood(m): 4:33pm On Mar 16, 2009
That American thing never ceases to amaze me. Many of them support the gun totting till they become victims or their friends/family become victims.
Re: Only In America They Behave Like Mental-man Kills 4 At Family Gathering In Miami by sunnykiss(m): 1:50pm On Apr 18, 2009
@cre8tivity

Well you should undestand me and dont call em a bush boy, you punk ass,

Only in the western world that they coem to the street and open fire, at any one , check virginia killing, and all others beore it and more to come , it does not happen here, like that, that what i was trying to emphasias, Ok
Re: Only In America They Behave Like Mental-man Kills 4 At Family Gathering In Miami by blacksta(m): 3:30pm On Apr 18, 2009
lucabrasi:

the difference is an african country where the police and other law enforcement authorities are riddled with corruption and would collect bribes from criminals and set them free,often times going back on reprisal attacks to the houses of these who handed them over,i know a whole family weho was wiped out like this hence they resorted to self help.

the other country has no need to resort to self help,because they have a working law enforcement,neither was there any crime or malfeisance committed that will warrant suddenly removing a firearm and summarily executing your own family members, that sounds like a cucoo dude to me,THAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE TWO!!
@POSTER
i dont make the mistake of not looking back when i pass by anybody anytime im in that country,especially white people,same as here in uk too ;D these gys need tighter gun controls and there needs to be a mental hospital in every street corner

I under that it is in the America consitution for a person should have the right to bear arms.
Re: Only In America They Behave Like Mental-man Kills 4 At Family Gathering In Miami by Kobojunkie: 3:50pm On Apr 18, 2009
If everyone with a gun is a potential killer, then that generalization should also apply everyone with access to Kitchen knives, cutlasses, matchetes and even stones. Cause that is about the only way the first would make sense.
Re: Only In America They Behave Like Mental-man Kills 4 At Family Gathering In Miami by bawomolo(m): 3:58pm On Apr 18, 2009
Kobojunkie:

If everyone with a gun is a potential killer, then that generalization should also apply everyone with access to Kitchen knives, cutlasses, matchetes and even stones. Cause that is about the only way the first would make sense.

true, they seem to like stabbing themselves in the UK.
Re: Only In America They Behave Like Mental-man Kills 4 At Family Gathering In Miami by Sauron1: 4:01pm On Apr 18, 2009
sunnykiss:

Police in Miami, Fla., say the breakdown of a marriage may have been behind a shooting that left five people dead, including the gunman.

A man used a semi-automatic handgun to kill four people at a family gathering in the city shortly after midnight, police said Sunday.

Three females and a male inside the house died. Police say the gunman left the scene in a pickup truck and drove five kilometres to another house, where he shot and killed himself.

The man apparently had set fire to both his home and truck.

Neighbours weren't sure if anyone was inside the one-storey ivory stucco building, but they couldn't knock because the fire was so intense.

Police did not release the names of those who died because family members hadn't been notified. They said the gunman may have been upset because his wife had left him, but they're still investigating.

Landlord Abel Loredo, who owns the building where the alleged gunman shot himself, said the man had lived there for five years.

Loredo declined to identify the man but said he had moved from Cuba about a decade ago. The man was a cook at a restaurant in nearby Little Havana for a time before becoming an electrician a few years ago.

http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2009/03/15/miami-shooting.html?ref=rss

Why are you surprised??
Americans are barbarians as far as violence is concerned.
How long ago was the immigration centre massacre that left 13 innocent people dead in NY??
Re: Only In America They Behave Like Mental-man Kills 4 At Family Gathering In Miami by Kobojunkie: 4:03pm On Apr 18, 2009
I am certain I read somewhere that the perpetrator was a 42 year old man of asian descent.
Re: Only In America They Behave Like Mental-man Kills 4 At Family Gathering In Miami by Sagamite(m): 4:18pm On Apr 18, 2009
Intense rat race.
Ubiquity of gun ownership and use.
Unfair and unbalanced laws that favour women in break ups, where a man can be destroyed financially.
Glamourisation of uncouth and violent media contents consumed from childhood to adulthood, hence culture.
Intense popularity bullying in schools.

A mixture of these, I think, are the stuff that manifest themselves in the public shootings we see periodically in the US. As long as they continue to exist, these killings will continue.
Re: Only In America They Behave Like Mental-man Kills 4 At Family Gathering In Miami by Sauron1: 4:26pm On Apr 18, 2009
Sagamite:

A mixture of these, I think, are the stuff that manifest themselves in the public shootings we see periodically in the US. As long as they continue to exist, these killings will continue.

Their loss!!!
The whole constitution is a joke.
Gun ownership should be outlawed. Capital punishment should also be prohibited.
Until these things are done, they will continue to maim themselves like animals.
Hell, i hate that country.
Re: Only In America They Behave Like Mental-man Kills 4 At Family Gathering In Miami by Hauwa1: 4:41pm On Apr 18, 2009
it is worst in nigeria just that the nig media does not much have time for such news.

the problem is with the men folk. they think they can have it all. marriage is not by force if a woman wants to go, let her go. sadly some would prefer to have her dead. they want to have it all, women should contribute to the family financially, (which is good), take care of the children alone, i can talk to other women but you should not do likewise, do housework alone etc why because she is a 'woman'. it's time for equal opportunity for all men and women, how hard is it to get that sink into their thin medulla? a woman is not your property.
undecided
Re: Only In America They Behave Like Mental-man Kills 4 At Family Gathering In Miami by Sagamite(m): 4:55pm On Apr 18, 2009
~Sauron~:

Their loss!!!
The whole constitution is a joke.
Gun ownership should be outlawed. Capital punishment should also be prohibited.
Until these things are done, they will continue to maim themselves like animals.
Hell, i hate that country.

Sauron, why did you say capital punishment should be prohibited? How does this help?

*Hauwa*:

it is worst in nigeria just that the nig media does not much have time for such news.

the problem is with the men folk. they think they can have it all. marriage is not by force if a woman wants to go, let her go. sadly some would prefer to have her dead. they want to have it all, women should contribute to the family financially, (which is good), take care of the children alone, i can talk to other women but you should not do likewise, do housework alone etc why because she is a 'woman'. it's time for equal opportunity for all men and women, how hard is it to get that sink into their thin medulla? a woman is not your property.
undecided

Where did you get this impression about America?

I dare to say the opposite in the case. The men are involved in childcare & housework, and the women have the freedom to not only speak to other men but also cheat with other men.

Where did you get the impression that American women live pseudo-sheltered lives?
Re: Only In America They Behave Like Mental-man Kills 4 At Family Gathering In Miami by bawomolo(m): 5:27pm On Apr 18, 2009
the thing about gun ownership is that most criminals in the US don't have licensed guns. outlawing guns would only give the mafia a new racket.
Re: Only In America They Behave Like Mental-man Kills 4 At Family Gathering In Miami by Hauwa1: 5:32pm On Apr 18, 2009
Sagamite,
i know you wouldn't agree but it is happening out there. i have seen it with some nigerians and AA.
one happened very recently when i went to visit my aunt during break. the last i heard, she is filing for divorce. let me not bring up her story here lipsrsealed.
Re: Only In America They Behave Like Mental-man Kills 4 At Family Gathering In Miami by Hauwa1: 5:35pm On Apr 18, 2009
bawomolo, that's true, so sad.
Re: Only In America They Behave Like Mental-man Kills 4 At Family Gathering In Miami by biina: 5:55pm On Apr 18, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Never ever compare the lethality of a gun to a knife. People that do so, have definitely never seen the damage caused to the human body, when impacted by a copper coated, lead core, 9mm projectile moving faster than the speed of sound.

The ease with which you can take a human life with a gun, is well above your 'kitchen knives, cutlasses matchetes and even stone'. With a gun, the proximity requirement is minimal and the repeatability of the assault is even worse (even with a single shot shotgun).

With a modified semi-automatic, you could waste the entire clip by a single pull of the trigger and a time lapse of a few seconds. For example, an uzi fires 600rounds /min.

Lax gun control, like they have in the US, would ruin any society.
Re: Only In America They Behave Like Mental-man Kills 4 At Family Gathering In Miami by spikedcylinder: 5:59pm On Apr 18, 2009
How is this only in America? Some people sef. . . . undecided
Re: Only In America They Behave Like Mental-man Kills 4 At Family Gathering In Miami by biina: 6:02pm On Apr 18, 2009
bawomolo:

the thing about gun ownership is that most criminals in the US don't have licensed guns.  outlawing guns would only give the mafia a new racket.
The problem is not with the criminals (that is why we have law enforcement), but with every depressed individual who decides to end his life, but deems it necessary to kill a few classmates/colleagues in the process? People that perpetrate domestic homicide are like terrorists - they are not black and white,
Re: Only In America They Behave Like Mental-man Kills 4 At Family Gathering In Miami by bawomolo(m): 6:09pm On Apr 18, 2009
biina:

The problem is not with the criminals (that is why we have law enforcement), but with every depressed individual who decides to end his life, but deems it necessary to kill a few classmates/colleagues in the process? People that perpetrate domestic homicide are like terrorists - they are not black and white,

you need to go through psychological evaluations etc to get a gun license.  Should every depressed individual be considered a violence risk?

It's the job of the community to report such people.

With a modified semi-automatic,

you can't get this in many states in the US. having a loaded gun outside one's home in Illinois is a felony but Chicago still has one of the highest murder rates in the country. People that want to do harm can get guns if they want to
Re: Only In America They Behave Like Mental-man Kills 4 At Family Gathering In Miami by Sauron1: 6:23pm On Apr 18, 2009
Sagamite:

Sauron, why did you say capital punishment should be prohibited? How does this help?

The bigger the punishment, the meaner these criminals get. . . . . .
Armed Robbers in Nigeria are ruthless and barbarous because they know what would become of em if they get CAUGHT.
Same thing applies to USA. . . . . . .These shooters know they would get 'the chair' if caught so why not take as many lives as possible.

Take the UK for instance, no Capital Punishment.
Police don't even carry guns all the time cos there's nothing to be scared of per se.
The worst any criminal can get is LIFE and everyone is happy.
Re: Only In America They Behave Like Mental-man Kills 4 At Family Gathering In Miami by bawomolo(m): 6:32pm On Apr 18, 2009
capital punishment is more popular in the bible belt states. some states don't use it anymore.
Re: Only In America They Behave Like Mental-man Kills 4 At Family Gathering In Miami by Pataki: 6:37pm On Apr 18, 2009
Psychological evaluations do add not credibility to gun ownership. Darn! I can be psychological fit to use a gun today, and tomorrow, I get hit by a forceful depression, which necessitates me taking my life with the same gun I obtained while I was psychological fit yesterday.

Finland as well has the same gun ownership obtainable with America. . . . . . it is all in the news how within the time frame of six months or so, two different high school shooting and killings were undertaken by depressed teenagers.
Re: Only In America They Behave Like Mental-man Kills 4 At Family Gathering In Miami by biina: 7:10pm On Apr 18, 2009
bawomolo:

you need to go through psychological evaluations etc to get a gun license.  Should every depressed individual be considered a violence risk?
It's the job of the community to report such people.
In which state in the US? Your are restricted from getting the permit 'if you have been adjudicated as mentally defective or incompetent or have been committed to any mental institution and are currently diagnosed with a dangerous mental illness'. In most states you basically fill a form and come back to pick up your permit in like 15days. There are no interviews (forget about psychological evaluations). You are awarded or denied based on your record. It easier than getting a driver's license. Even after the permit, there is no monitoring to that effect. Some require an additional permit to carry a concealed handgun in public

you can't get this in many states in the US.
Modification kits for semi-automatics are available from online retailers, and can easily be carried out by anyone with the slightest dexterity.

having a loaded gun outside one's home in Illinois is a felony but Chicago still has one of the highest murder rates in the country.  People that want to do harm can get guns if they want to
Illinois has some of the most restrictive gun laws in the US and is not typical of the rest. Illinois and (iirc) wisconsin don't have conceal-carry weapon permits. Forget about the gun laws in states like Arizona. The fact that you are not permitted to carry a loaded gun is moot, as it does not bar you from carrying the ammunition along with it and loading the gun at your destination (it doesn't take that much time to load a gun).

Any US citizen above 21 who has not been certified a criminal or a nut job, can get himself a permit, and hence a gun. Beyond that all other laws, regulations, and/or precepts, are like medicine after death -the idiot is already licensed to kill!
Re: Only In America They Behave Like Mental-man Kills 4 At Family Gathering In Miami by bawomolo(m): 7:26pm On Apr 18, 2009
Modification kits for semi-automatics are available from online retailers, and can easily be carried out by anyone with the slightest dexterity.

its illegal.

The fact that you are not permitted to carry a loaded gun is moot, as it does not bar you from carrying the ammunition along with it and loading the gun at your destination (it doesn't take that much time to load a gun).

you can't carry a gun in cook county i believe. 

Any US citizen above 21 who has not been certified a criminal or a nut job, can get himself a permit, and hence a gun. Beyond that all other laws, regulations, and/or precepts, are like medicine after death -the idiot is already licensed to kill!

and what's wrong with this, why stop a gun lover from having guns

Do you think some Chicago gangbanger gives a shit about a license.

Most of the gun collectors are usually veterans, hunters, or people who just love to keep guns around. 

guns don't kill , people kill people
Re: Only In America They Behave Like Mental-man Kills 4 At Family Gathering In Miami by Sagamite(m): 7:35pm On Apr 18, 2009
~Sauron~:

The bigger the punishment, the meaner these criminals get. . . . . .
Armed Robbers in Nigeria are ruthless and barbarous because they know what would become of em if they get CAUGHT.
Same thing applies to USA. . . . . . .These shooters know they would get 'the chair' if caught so why not take as many lives as possible.

Take the UK for instance, no Capital Punishment.
Police don't even carry guns all the time cos there's nothing to be scared of per se.
The worst any criminal can get is LIFE and everyone is happy.

Sauron, your argument is plausible.

I am one person that believes an eye for two eyes. I don't believe on the premise the UK prison system is based on, i.e. reform. They hardly ever achieve it as it takes not only immense resources but also sincere dedication by process executors, which is unattainable. I believe prison should be a place for both punishment (for all) and reform (for those that want or we can persuade to take it).

I have always said if something should happen to my family member in the UK, you will never see me in court for the sentence of the criminal because I am sure justice will not be served. The UK is too soft on criminals and hardly are people scared of going to jail.

If someone comes and take or ruin my life, if the government don't want me to take the law into my hand by taking revenge, then I expect them to deal with the individual sufficiently. This is one thing you will not get in Britain at the moment.

bawomolo:

the thing about gun ownership is that most criminals in the US don't have licensed guns. outlawing guns would only give the mafia a new racket.

I am not against gun ownership in the US. What I am against and find troubling is the sought of weapon they are allowed to own. Some I have seen are WAR assault weapons. Why the hell will you let an ordinary citizen be able to buy that?
Re: Only In America They Behave Like Mental-man Kills 4 At Family Gathering In Miami by bawomolo(m): 7:37pm On Apr 18, 2009
Why the hell will you let an ordinary citizen be able to buy that?

what US state allows you to own war assault weapons. been watching too much movies lately
Re: Only In America They Behave Like Mental-man Kills 4 At Family Gathering In Miami by Sauron1: 7:45pm On Apr 18, 2009
Sagamite:

Sauron, your argument is plausible.

I am one person that believes an eye for two eyes. I don't believe on the premise the UK prison system is based on, i.e. reform. They hardly ever achieve it as it takes not only immense resources but also sincere dedication by process executors, which is unattainable. I believe prison should be a place for both punishment (for all) and reform (for those that want or we can persuade to take it).

Taking a man's freedom for 15 years is enough punishment. . . . . .Don't you think??
How has Capital Punishment help curb the ferocious criminals in America??
They are bunch of savages down there. . . . . . .

I have always said if something should happen to my family member in the UK, you will never see me in court for the sentence of the criminal because I am sure justice will not be served. The UK is too soft on criminals and hardly are people scared of going to jail.

If you don't pursue the case, the Queen would.
I agree the UK is too soft on criminals but it has helped this island compared to what i have seen/heard in the States.
Capital Punishment + Gun Ownership + Jobless black men = U know what the answer is.

If someone comes and take or ruin my life, if the government don't want me to take the law into my hand by taking revenge, then I expect them to deal with the individual sufficiently. This is one thing you will not get in Britain at the moment.

So what do you think should happen to murderers on this coast?? Castrate em or what?? cheesy cheesy
Murderers get LIFE. I believe that is sufficient enough.
How is the State different from the criminals they lynch if they snuff their lives with lethal injection/electric chair??
I don't believe in Capital Punishment. Take it out of America and you would see a massive reduction in violent crimes.

(1) (2) (Reply)

#4,000,000,000 For Ibadan Palace!shocking! When No Good Road Dey / Sanusi's Very Interesting Perspective - We Are Products Of Colonialism - / Goodluck Jonathan Steps Down For Namadi Sambo - Punch Newspaper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.