Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,348 members, 7,819,234 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:08 PM

179 Years: Meet The Oldest Man In The World Living In India (photo) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 179 Years: Meet The Oldest Man In The World Living In India (photo) (1590 Views)

Oldest Woman In Rivers State Dies At The Age Of 134 (Photo) / The Oldest Couple In Gelegele, Edo State. Husband Is 105yrs Old & Wife 95yrs / Meet The Alleged Oldest Man In Anambra State - 122 Years Old (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

179 Years: Meet The Oldest Man In The World Living In India (photo) by BabylonCruise(m): 6:27pm On Jul 28, 2015
179-year old man in India named Mahashta Murasi is claiming to be the oldest man in the world according to the Guinness World Records.

Mahashta Murasi

A retired cobbler from northern India, Mahashta Mûrasi, claims he was born in January 1835, making him not only the oldest man on earth, but the oldest to have ever lived, according to the Guinness World Records.

Indian officials revealed he was born at home in the city of Bangalore. He reportedly lived in a place called Varanasi since 1903. He made a living from shoemaking until 1957 before he retired at the age of 122. His birth certificates and identity cards all confirm the truth behind his age claims.

"I have been alive so long, that my great grand-children have been dead for years. Somehow death forgot about me... And now there's hardly any hope left. Look at the statistics, nobody dies past 150, even less at 170. At that point, I guess I'm immortal or something. I might as well enjoy it!" 179 years old Mûrasi said.

The last doctor Mûrasi visited died in 1971, so there is little information available about his previous medical files.

How he lives and moves around currently is still a mystery.

Re: 179 Years: Meet The Oldest Man In The World Living In India (photo) by Kossyne(m): 6:29pm On Jul 28, 2015
Metuselah of our time.
Re: 179 Years: Meet The Oldest Man In The World Living In India (photo) by XTROVAT: 6:30pm On Jul 28, 2015
How many pple dem dey give oldest man for world sef.

#justsaying #noharmintended
Re: 179 Years: Meet The Oldest Man In The World Living In India (photo) by donholy28(m): 6:32pm On Jul 28, 2015
What did he achieve with his old age?
Re: 179 Years: Meet The Oldest Man In The World Living In India (photo) by elantraceey(f): 6:34pm On Jul 28, 2015
donholy28:
What did he achieve with his old age?

Good question .
Re: 179 Years: Meet The Oldest Man In The World Living In India (photo) by Abugab(m): 6:34pm On Jul 28, 2015
Death truly has forgotten this old man.
Imagine all his grand children have grown old and have all died.
Last doctor visited died in 1971.
Where are the GUINESS book of records guys, this man should be the oldest that have lived after Methuselah
Re: 179 Years: Meet The Oldest Man In The World Living In India (photo) by Yustash001(m): 6:35pm On Jul 28, 2015
Life go don tire him...
Re: 179 Years: Meet The Oldest Man In The World Living In India (photo) by ladyF(f): 7:20pm On Jul 28, 2015
Chai
Re: 179 Years: Meet The Oldest Man In The World Living In India (photo) by Pidggin(f): 12:18pm On Jul 29, 2015
What's the point of being this old?
Re: 179 Years: Meet The Oldest Man In The World Living In India (photo) by robosky02(m): 12:24pm On Jul 29, 2015
hmmmmmmm

Re: 179 Years: Meet The Oldest Man In The World Living In India (photo) by KAYD007(m): 2:48pm On Jul 29, 2015
Pidggin:
What's the point of being this old?

Should he have killed himself as not to reach this age?
Re: 179 Years: Meet The Oldest Man In The World Living In India (photo) by Horlufemi(m): 9:27am On Jan 10, 2022

1 Like

Re: 179 Years: Meet The Oldest Man In The World Living In India (photo) by Double0h7(f): 9:30am On Jan 10, 2022
He is not certified or recognized as the oldest person in the world but we'll take his word for it undecided
Re: 179 Years: Meet The Oldest Man In The World Living In India (photo) by Double0h7(f): 9:33am On Jan 10, 2022
Abugab:
Death truly has forgotten this old man.
Imagine all his grand children have grown old and have all died.
Last doctor visited died in 1971.
Where are the GUINESS book of records guys, this man should be the oldest that have lived after Methuselah

That was 50 years ago... what if that doctor was in his 50s when the old man was his patient. My doctor is at least 20/30 years older than me. The old man could be in his late 80s or mid 90s. I very much doubt he is 179 because the oldest person who holds that record has the documents to prove it.

(1) (Reply)

Post-toilet Preferences –water Or Tissue Paper / Inspirational - Armless Girl Writing With Leg / I Hate Everything And Anything Around Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.