Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,198 members, 7,818,656 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:01 PM

Let An Atheist Answer This. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Let An Atheist Answer This. (8473 Views)

No Anambra Man Would Let An Enugu Man Be President” – Rev Fr. Mbaka / Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? / How Do I Tell People I Am An Atheist? Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let An Atheist Answer This. by McSterling(m): 4:26pm On Jul 29, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

Lol.

Before I take you on this, can you explain what you mean by God and supernatural?

Because to me and others, the sun is god. Does this mean there is no evidence for the sun?

Kindly define God as per the sun pls
It isn't really my duty to define god since I have no belief in the concept in whatever form. But I mostly use the word god in the sense that most theists mean. A divine, benevolent, extraterrestrial personage with omni-abilities who made the universe and transcends it. Supernatural would mean transcending the observable natural world. God transcends the natural world. God is supernatural. I do not believe in god and disbelief in the supernatural follows as a corollary.

1 Like

Re: Let An Atheist Answer This. by Esdb3: 4:32pm On Jul 29, 2015
plaetton:

Like someone pointed out yesterday on another thread, just look back 300 yrs of human history, and then count how many spiritual mumbo jumbos have been replaced with empirical scientific knowledge.
Its in the thousands.

The reason that you Africans are still talking spiri spiri mumbo jumbo is because your educational system, due to poor design, has not yet succeeded to emasculated the domineering influence of the primordial Impulses and thinking.

Bleep your shii bruh! Wtf! Britain's educational system is on fleek yet they have a lot of youth mason members! These things were invented to change your view of the world!

I'm not occultic I woulda asked you to give me the name of your mother and yours so we'll see how spiri spiri is due to educational hogwash you just spat!

Bleep! There are engineer pastors that schooled abroad what is ur reply to their case.

Pastor E.A Adeboye had Ph.d in maths when he was called for mission work!

Among all inventors(greatest of them) list those that were atheists and pagans.

2 Likes

Re: Let An Atheist Answer This. by FOLYKAZE(m): 4:50pm On Jul 29, 2015
plaetton:

Even that statement is lame.

200yrs ago, how many things could be explained scientifically?
Very very few.

2000 yrs ago, how many things could be explained scientifically?
Virtually none.

Today, how many things could be explained scientifically?
A lot.
A lot much more than the op knows.
I wonder the last time, if ever at all, He read a scientific journal.

2000 yrs from today, how many more things would be explained scientifically?
A lot lot more than we could ever imagine.

This does not explain anything. And pls stop descibing science is something that starts yesterday. How can you tell us that those that live 200yrs ago does not have scientific knowledge?

Science starts from the day the first man asked the first question about what to eat and not to eat. Science start from when the first man starts experimenting the taste of a leaf, fruit and root. How can you think modern methodology of scientifical experimentation is the real science?

Isnt it all about knowledge? Does it needs to be in a particular method? Mr, there is nothing unknown today that it idea cant be trace to 2000yrs ago. Should we start from health, to inventions and cosmos?which among this is unknown in the past? I wonder why you think science start in this age.

Anyway the point remain that science cannot explain everything

2 Likes

Re: Let An Atheist Answer This. by FOLYKAZE(m): 5:11pm On Jul 29, 2015
McSterling:
It isn't really my duty to define god since I have no belief in the concept in whatever form. But I mostly use the word god in the sense that most theists mean. A divine, benevolent, extraterrestrial personage with omni-abilities who made the universe and transcends it. Supernatural would mean transcending the observable natural world. God transcends the natural world. God is supernatural. I do not believe in god and disbelief in the supernatural follows as a corollary.

Abeg stop kidding yourself.

How can you tell me there is no pen on a table when you cant tell me what a pen is?

Let me take it on with you on your most theist statement. In the bible, men and judges were called God. Even a paper money is explained to be worship as God. Can you pls explain how a Man or Judge or Money is an extraterrestial personage with an omni-ability who made the universe and transend it.

And again, why is your choice of God application applies to most theist? Are other Gods in the category of not most and have no or any attribution you have up there not befitting to be called God? The Goddess of law and justice - lady justice is not having omnis attribute or is any claim of creating the universe attributed to her. Natural entities in pagan religion are called God. So why is your definition not covering all these? Yemoja is a body of water and also a deity. Gaia is earth and a greek goddess. The sun is Ra, an egyptian God. Mars is the god of Iron. The moon is a god in ancient cultures. Yet they do not have omni-abilities, non did they create the universe. Does these non attribute stop them from been God?

Supernatural is nothing but an event or phenomenon that can not be explained by natural laws. I think that is simple enough.

The Inner I/self/me cannot be known or explain scientifically. This implies that it transend observabke natural world. Does this mean I dont have inner self? Does this mean you dont believe in an entity that live inside you, your reak self?

1 Like

Re: Let An Atheist Answer This. by FOLYKAZE(m): 5:21pm On Jul 29, 2015
Esdb3:

Bleep your shii bruh! Wtf! Britain's educational system is on fleek yet they have a lot of youth mason members! These things were invented to change your view of the world!

I'm not occultic I woulda asked you to give me the name of your mother and yours so we'll see how spiri spiri is due to educational hogwash you just spat!

Bleep! There are engineer pastors that schooled abroad what is ur reply to their case.

Oga abeg shut the hell up
Re: Let An Atheist Answer This. by plaetton: 5:30pm On Jul 29, 2015
Esdb3:

Lol.
Oh gosh!

You churchtians never cease to amaze me with your convoluted logic.

Esdb3:

Wtf! Britain's educational system is on fleek yet they have a lot of youth mason members!

Apparently, You have zero idea of what a Mason is, except from, perhaps myths, and yet , you are unabashedly using it in an argument. What a folly.

Esdb3:

These things were invented to change your view of the world!

What things?
Please name them,.., and invented by whom, and when ?
Another meaningless statement.

Esdb3:

Occultic ?
Here again, you have used a word whose definition you are scarcely aware of.

Do you dispute the widely known fact that a lack of education or a good education, or even scientific illiteracy corrolates directly, and is the primary cause of magical spiri spiri thinking and superstition ?

Esdb3:

lol.
Ofcourse there are engineer pastors in Nigeria. lol, pioneering breakthroughs in the ENDARKENMENT of your fcking brain.
Yes indeed.
Engineer pastors social engineering your brain backwards into the The NEW DARK AGES.

Esdb3:

Wow ! Bingo !
I didn't know that you are that smart.

When maths phds are hawking stone-age myths to millions of illiterates and semi-illiterates in a semi-primitive society for a living, WHAT DO YOU THINK becomes of such a society ?
ANY GUESSES ? .

Since 1981, when Adeboye stopped lecturing mathematics to young and future generations of Nigerians, how have we fared in the areas of mathematics, engineering, computer technology and knowledge, and general standard of life?
How about in the areas of morality, social vices and social cohesion, ,. how we fared better ?

Since 1981 when Adeboye left the Teaching of mathematics to hawk middle east stone-age myths, has our national IQ increased or decreased ?

I would certainly be ashamed to speak out in public that we have math phd pastors , who , over the past 30 yrs, has built an incredible business Franchise of bullshyte mountains, poisoning, parasiting and perpetuating the biggest and most insidious fraud on the people of Nigeria.

Esdb3:

Pls tell me the greatest inventors, and how many of them were pastors.

Scientific pioneers began to flourished at the era of religious transition in Europe and rest of the world, when humans began to seek for answers from nature herself, rather than from churchmen.

Every single scientific advancement has come from the careful study of nature, not from spiri spiri revelation .

BTW, why did god NOT give the stone-age prophets, and even Jesus, scientific knowledge to spread, in much the same way that they were supposedly given spiri spiri mumbo jumbo to spread?

When was the last time spiri spiri mumbo jumbo cured you , or any African Child for that matter, of simple but deadly malaria ? undecided

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let An Atheist Answer This. by plaetton: 5:45pm On Jul 29, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

Supernatural is nothing but an event or phenomenon that can not be explained by natural laws. I think that is simple enough.

The Inner I/self/me cannot be known or explain scientifically. This implies that it transend observabke natural world. Does this mean I dont have inner self? Does this mean you dont believe in an entity that live inside you, your reak self?

No sir.

What do you mean by the phrase " cannot be explained by natural laws " ?

Don't you first have to know the entire sum of all natural laws, before you can boldly CLAIM that something CANNOT be explained by any natural laws ?

The truth is that we are still trying to understand the natural laws and how they operate at the macro, micro and subatomic levels.

I remind you , once again, like I did the op, that over the past 2000 yrs, newly understood natural laws have explained away tens of thousands of ersthwhile mysteries or spiritual things.

So with this in mind, a supernatural phenomenon is one whose underlying physics has yet to be fully understood or even scientifically studied.

If we plug in Quantum entanglement, Relativity, Gravity and Time dilation, Torsion Fields, etc into our everyday experiences, we would see that all phenomena may be or can be fully measured and explained.

A mystery is just something waiting to be discovered.

And, we have to stop using mysteries to explain mysteries.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Let An Atheist Answer This. by plaetton: 6:10pm On Jul 29, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

This does not explain anything. And pls stop descibing science is something that starts yesterday. How can you tell us that those that live 200yrs ago does not have scientific knowledge?

I think you off tangent here.

Yes, every question is a scientific enquiry, but you must admit, that in remote past, one was very limited in the nature of questions asked.
In all remote cultures, people were hardly permitted to ask questions or seek enquiry that may tend to diminish the supremacy of a local deity.
Priests were the pre-eminent , unquestionable and final definers and arbiters of all natural phenomena.

The last 300-400 yrs has seen the gradual and then accelerated reversal of this arrangement, where , now, proof has triumphed over revelation.

FOLYKAZE:

How can you think modern methodology of scientifical experimentation is the real science?

Isnt it all about knowledge? Does it needs to be in a particular method? Mr, there is nothing unknown today that it idea cant be trace to 2000yrs ago. Should we start from health, to inventions and cosmos?which among this is unknown in the past? I wonder why you think science start in this age.

In everything in life , your daily life, there must always be an auditing mechanism through which we must sift all the information that come our way. This is especially important and relevant to Nigeria and the religious market marketplace it has turned into. Here, in Nigeria, like a typical marketplace, everyone is trying desperately to sell you their religious wares as being made of the finest and most durable material. like any buyer or consumer, you must examine the fabric, the cut, the dye to see it meets any established and accepted STANDARDS.

The key word here being STANDARD.
The scientific system is such a STANDARD. A Standard through which we sift, measure and audit the plethora of constant competing claims of knowledge.
And you know what ?
It has been working wonderfully for the past 300 yrs or more.

And for your last statement that science cannot explain everything, let me give you a helpful hint.

The correct statement ,that no one will dispute, should read " Science has YET to explain everything "

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let An Atheist Answer This. by FOLYKAZE(m): 6:12pm On Jul 29, 2015
plaetton:

No sir.

Don't you first have to know the entire sum of all natural laws, before you can boldly CLAIM that something CANNOT be explained by any natural laws ?

The truth is that we are still trying to understand the natural laws and how they operate at the macro, micro and subatomic levels.

I remind you , once again, like I did the op, that over the past 2000 yrs, newly understood natural laws have explained away tens of thousands of ersthwhile mysteries or spiritual things.

So with this in mind, a supernatural phenomenon is one whose underlying physics has yet to be fully understood or even scientifically studied.

If we plug in Quantum entanglement, Relativity, Gravity and Time dilation, Torsion Fields, etc into our everyday experiences, we would see that all phenomena may be or can be fully measured and explained.

Where did i say things cannot be explained? I said and repeat cannot be explain by natural law. I baffle how this is hard for you to differentiate.

Maybe when this knowledge is attained in the scientific society, we will know how to bend space and time. We know how to disappear and teleport. But if this events hapoen now, it remain as supernatural until after there is a natural explanation.

Right now that there is no natural explanation for an event, it is supernatural until after there is an explanation when it will change course to natural occurrence.

I dont know why this is hard for you to grab

1 Like

Re: Let An Atheist Answer This. by plaetton: 6:20pm On Jul 29, 2015
Esdb3:

You this boy again.

Life is not all logic goddamn it! Life is like an os the physical logic being the gui and the spiritual being something like the command prompt.

You haven't seen anything in this life that is why you try to explain everything logically. Please go and research on OCCULT and MAGICK, get books on how to cast spells, get initiated to a ritual cult you can choose a modern one. Mind you, your life may end up getting ruined but know your inability to just let things be and live as you've been told caused it.

Read about aleister crowley read on sex magick. Then, Come and tell me everything can be explained by logic.

If a modern cult like freemason is too hard to get into, try eckankar, or go to osun state for money rituals then you'll know! Mtchw!

When they kill a human by just speaking of his name maybe you'll finally appreciate God and the fact that everything is not fucking LOGICAL!!!

You this new generation kids seem to have forgotten that logic was invented it wasn't always around. Take yoga for example, is it logical?!

Lol.

I wish there was a nicer way to tell you that the above is an assemblage of convoluted, disjointed and fragmented babble, which, sadly, speaks volumes about the fragmented nature of the poster's mind.

THIS, is the reason why a lot of atheist are active in this religious section,,. to dismantle , shame and dilute these fragmented toxic nonsense.

It's a thankless job, but some people have to do it. undecided
Re: Let An Atheist Answer This. by plaetton: 6:28pm On Jul 29, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

Maybe when this knowledge is attained in the scientific society, we will know how to bend space and time. We know how to disappear and teleport. But if this events hapoen now, it remain as supernatural until after there is a natural explanation.

Right now that there is no natural explanation for an event, it is supernatural until after there is an explanation when it will change course to natural occurrence.

I dont know why this is hard for you to grab

When then, I too don't see why you can't see that we are saying almost the same thing,.. or does it sound better when you say I ? cheesy
Re: Let An Atheist Answer This. by scarred9jan(m): 6:51pm On Jul 29, 2015
plaetton:

No sir.

Love your take on Adeboye and all.
Re: Let An Atheist Answer This. by Kriss60: 6:58pm On Jul 29, 2015
We live in a perfectly natural world, every seemingly supernatural occurrence is only yet to be understood by man. Several hundreds of years ago, I'm certain your ancestors would refer to the Internet as supernatural. The funny thing is whites are constantly striving to demystify supernatural events and are evidently succeeding in that regard. The black man is always satisfied with the supernatural tag though. Are we probably intellectually lazy?

4 Likes

Re: Let An Atheist Answer This. by McSterling(m): 7:10pm On Jul 29, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

Abeg stop kidding yourself.

How can you tell me there is no pen on a table when you cant tell me what a pen is?

Let me take it on with you on your most theist statement. In the bible, men and judges were called God. Even a paper money is explained to be worship as God. Can you pls explain how a Man or Judge or Money is an extraterrestial personage with an omni-ability who made the universe and transend it.

And again, why is your choice of God application applies to most theist? Are other Gods in the category of not most and have no or any attribution you have up there not befitting to be called God? The Goddess of law and justice - lady justice is not having omnis attribute or is any claim of creating the universe attributed to her. Natural entities in pagan religion are called God. So why is your definition not covering all these? Yemoja is a body of water and also a deity. Gaia is earth and a greek goddess. The sun is Ra, an egyptian God. Mars is the god of Iron. The moon is a god in ancient cultures. Yet they do not have omni-abilities, non did they create the universe. Does these non attribute stop them from been God?
Haba! My "choice" of god? What exactly is your problem? My said disbelief in the supernatural? What do you think the op refers to as god? Yemoja? Man? Gaia? Ra? Was I supposed to address your esoteric definition of god or the op's and most people's? If you choose to think a body of water or other natural entities can be defined as gods, then good. I believe they exist too though I don't term them god. There is no question of evidence for such, since they are essentially evidential in themselves. But that's obviously not what the op meant by god. So, I don't understand your contention. You seem to just be caviling at my comments.

So anything we can't explain just yet is supernatural?

Does this mean you believe consciousness is transcendental or supernatural?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let An Atheist Answer This. by Esdb3: 7:19pm On Jul 29, 2015
plaetton:

Lol.

I wish there was a nicer way to tell you that the above is an assemblage of convoluted, disjointed and fragmented babble, which, sadly, speaks volumes about the fragmented nature of the poster's mind.

THIS, is the reason why a lot of atheist are active in this religious section,,. to dismantle , shame and dilute these fragmented toxic nonsense.

It's a thankless job, but some people have to do it. undecided

You just made a fool of yourself. This poo is all you can say to that? This is running tactic.

Wait do you live in a cave or are you just naturally stuupidd(no offense pls)? So money rituals don't happen? Eckankar doesnt exist? Free masons are made up?

Wait are you all knowing? Do you know everything?

See you naturally ignorant logic following bozos hiding under some english word 'atheists' to seem different are dogmatic, one-minded, not ready to learn, self-absorbed, unreasonable and less fortuned folks and I resent dogmatic, not ready yo learn people.

Now run along boy. When you know what life means come back to quote me.

Damn! repugnants!
Re: Let An Atheist Answer This. by plaetton: 7:22pm On Jul 29, 2015
@ FOLYKAZE.

Oh,
I forgot to mention that your so-called inner self Can indeed be scientifically analyzed.
Re: Let An Atheist Answer This. by plaetton: 7:28pm On Jul 29, 2015
Esdb3:

You just made a fool of yourself. This poo is all you can say to that? This is running tactic.

Wait do you live in a cave or are you just naturally stuupidd(no offense pls)? So money rituals don't happen? Eckankar doesnt exist? Free masons are made up?

Wait are you all knowing? Do you know everything?

See you naturally ignorant logic following bozos hiding under some english word 'atheists' to seem different are dogmatic, one-minded, not ready to learn, self-absorbed, unreasonable and less fortuned folks and I resent dogmatic, not ready yo learn people.

Now run along boy. When you know what life means come back to quote me.

Damn! repugnants!

I am always shamefully disappointed when, at end of the day, when superior thinking is called for, I then realize that I had been arguing with a half, mentally fragmented dimwit.
Soo dissapointing.

Everyday one finds proof that either the mentally dull are attracted to religious nonsense, or that toxic religious nonsense causes some kind of mental atrophy.
Re: Let An Atheist Answer This. by Esdb3: 7:32pm On Jul 29, 2015
plaetton:

Lol.
Oh gosh!

You churchtians never cease to amaze me with your convoluted logic.

Apparently, You have zero idea of what a Mason is, except from, perhaps myths, and yet , you are unabashedly using it in an argument. What a folly.

What things?
Please name them,.., and invented by whom, and when ?
Another meaningless statement.

Occultic ?
Here again, you have used a word whose definition you are scarcely aware of.

Do you dispute the widely known fact that a lack of education or a good education, or even scientific illiteracy corrolates directly, and is the primary cause of magical spiri spiri thinking and superstition ?

lol.
Ofcourse there are engineer pastors in Nigeria. lol, pioneering breakthroughs in the ENDARKENMENT of your fcking brain.
Yes indeed.
Engineer pastors social engineering your brain backwards into the The NEW DARK AGES.

Wow ! Bingo !
I didn't know that you are that smart.

When maths phds are hawking stone-age myths to millions of illiterates and semi-illiterates in a semi-primitive society for a living, WHAT DO YOU THINK becomes of such a society ?
ANY GUESSES ? .

Since 1981, when Adeboye stopped lecturing mathematics to young and future generations of Nigerians, how have we fared in the areas of mathematics, engineering, computer technology and knowledge, and general standard of life?
How about in the areas of morality, social vices and social cohesion, ,. how we fared better ?

Since 1981 when Adeboye left the Teaching of mathematics to hawk middle east stone-age myths, has our national IQ increased or decreased ?

I would certainly be ashamed to speak out in public that we have math phd pastors , who , over the past 30 yrs, has built an incredible business Franchise of bullshyte mountains, poisoning, parasiting and perpetuating the biggest and most insidious fraud on the people of Nigeria.

Pls tell me the greatest inventors, and how many of them were pastors.

Scientific pioneers began to flourished at the era of religious transition in Europe and rest of the world, when humans began to seek for answers from nature herself, rather than from churchmen.

Every single scientific advancement has come from the careful study of nature, not from spiri spiri revelation .

BTW, why did god NOT give the stone-age prophets, and even Jesus, scientific knowledge to spread, in much the same way that they were supposedly given spiri spiri mumbo jumbo to spread?

When was the last time spiri spiri mumbo jumbo cured you , or any African Child for that matter, of simple but deadly malaria ? undecided

So science is the principal thing? Science is everything? You don't know anything. When you are ready to learn pls notify me.

Just to save you from ignorance I'll just these:

Google svali and elisa lam.

I bet this bullshiiiiiit knows nothing of a simple thing as the dark web.

Btw, masons are what? Mathematicians abi?
Re: Let An Atheist Answer This. by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:34pm On Jul 29, 2015
plaetton:

I think you off tangent here.

Yes, every question is a scientific enquiry, but you must admit, that in remote past, one was very limited in the nature of questions asked.
In all remote cultures, people were hardly permitted to ask questions or seek enquiry that may tend to diminish the supremacy of a local deity.
Priests were the pre-eminent , unquestionable and final definers and arbiters of all natural phenomena.

The last 300-400 yrs has seen the gradual and then accelerated reversal of this arrangement, where , now, proof has triumphed over revelation.You are wrong on your submission there. And maybe you are not getting me right.

The scientifical explanations as a body is made up of observation, experiment and practicalisation of ancient knowledge. My point exactly is that we today remodel, rebrand and restructure this knowledge from the prehistory, premordial ages.

Botany, zoology, medicine, mathematics, mineralogy, geography and astrology have their developmental history in ancient civilization taking like 5000 yrs ago.

I disagree also that very few things can be explained 200yrs ago compare to this age. How do you arrive at this? To the best I can understand, there is nothing new that is invented or theorized. We have remodelling of old methods. Shikena!

[quote author=plaetton post=36403162]
In everything in life , your daily life, there must always be an auditing mechanism through which we must sift all the information that come our way. This is especially important and relevant to Nigeria and the religious market marketplace it has turned into. Here, in Nigeria, like a typical marketplace, everyone is trying desperately to sell you their religious wares as being made of the finest and most durable material. like any buyer or consumer, you must examine the fabric, the cut, the dye to see it meets any established and accepted STANDARDS.

The key word here being STANDARD.
The scientific system is such a STANDARD. A Standard through which we sift, measure and audit the plethora of constant competing claims of knowledge.
And you know what ?
It has been working wonderfully for the past 300 yrs or more.

And for your last statement that science cannot explain everything, let me give you a helpful hint.

The correct statement ,that no one will dispute, should read " Science has YET to explain everything "

Abeg stop dribbling me into religion bigotry. We are talking about universal civilization, science and the medieval aspect of it that couples with spirituality. I mean something like alchemy and chemistry.

I am not wrong in science not explaining some event. I think we got ourselves wrong because modern science has successfully. The genesis of modern science is traced to early modern period and in particular to scientific revolution of 16 to 18 century. The only unique thing is the methodology which is principle of modern science unlike the pre-science age when scientific inquiry and observation to the nature is been consider as pseudo-science.

If you observe closely, you will understand that the term prescience age has put a boundary between modern science and the practise of the folk in 1000yrs ago which wrap their science to spirituality.

Traditionally, all form of inquiry is science so I will have to put a fence around my statement. Those things modern science has not known yet is supernatural. This does not mean that other scientifical methodology in the prescience age does not knw this either. Maybe when we learn to bring the two to same field, our world would be abetter place
Re: Let An Atheist Answer This. by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:37pm On Jul 29, 2015
plaetton:

When then, I too don't see why you can't see that we are saying almost the same thing,.. or does it sound better when you say I ? cheesy

I think you are speaking of general science while I refer to modern science which is trying to dislodge pre-science inquisition
Re: Let An Atheist Answer This. by plaetton: 7:40pm On Jul 29, 2015
Esdb3:

So science is the principal thing? Science is everything? You don't know anything. When you are ready to learn pls notify me.

Just to save you from ignorance I'll just these:

Google svali and elisa lam.

I bet this bullshiiiiiit knows nothing of a simple thing as the dark web.

Btw, masons are what? Mathematicians abi?

What on Earth are you smoking or inhaling? shocked
This id. ioc.y has gone beyond home grown idi.oc.y.

Dark web is now evidence of..?

If you were not so dense, I might have given you a lesson on Freemasonry and mathematics.

You talk like someone in a Lunacy fringe.
Re: Let An Atheist Answer This. by plaetton: 7:50pm On Jul 29, 2015
[quote author=FOLYKAZE post=36405480][/quote]

Obviously humans have been trying to understand nature from the beginning. This is the reason for the early birth of religion and of gods.

I concede that some ancients, even African shamans, were dealing with aspects of quantum phenomena or scalar physics , but without the pre-requisite knowledge of its underlying nature and characteristics.
It was like trying to harness lightning without the knowledge of basic electricity.
Therefore, their practices yielded no practical enduring results.
Re: Let An Atheist Answer This. by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:53pm On Jul 29, 2015
McSterling:
Haba! My "choice" of god? What exactly is your problem? My said disbelief in the supernatural? What do you think the op refers to as god? Yemoja? Man? Gaia? Ra? Was I supposed to address your esoteric definition of god or the op's and most people's? If you choose to think a body of water or other natural entities can be defined as gods, then good. I believe they exist too though I don't term them god. There is no question of evidence for such, since they are essentially evidential in themselves. But that's obviously not what the op meant by god. So, I don't understand your contention. You seem to just be caviling at my comments.

Brace peace man. I am not the OP and I we have different view of what God is. The OP could be christian but does that mean he has the priviledge only to us the terrm God?

Lets leave that aside. There are some particualr concept of God you believe becuse they exist. Does this stances still make you an atheist? Or does you atheism is to a particular god while you are theist to other ones?

McSterling:
So anything we can't explain just yet is supernatural?

Anything that cannot be explained scientifically is supernatural

McSterling:
Does this mean you believe consciousness is transcendental or supernatural?

I dont seem to find a scientific explanation for it. That is while it is God in panpsychism.
Re: Let An Atheist Answer This. by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:53pm On Jul 29, 2015
plaetton:
@ FOLYKAZE.

Oh,
I forgot to mention that your so-called inner self Can indeed be scientifically analyzed.

pls let me have it
Re: Let An Atheist Answer This. by plaetton: 8:01pm On Jul 29, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

pls let me have it

In fact, marketers and advertisers rely on the analysis of your inner self, your psyche, to determine what brand of toilet paper to market to you and how to successfully market it to you.

If you have ever thought or bought one brand of toilet paper as being better than another brand to wipe your bum bum, then cheesy your inner self, your psyche , has been successfully hacked using well known and time tested scientific methods. grin grin grin
Re: Let An Atheist Answer This. by bolaino(m): 8:29pm On Jul 29, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

go and meet the babalawo in your hood
Lol. FOLYKAZE. The Part Man, Part Orisha.
Re: Let An Atheist Answer This. by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:05pm On Jul 29, 2015
plaetton:

Obviously humans have been trying to understand nature from the beginning. This is the reason for the early birth of religion and of gods.

I concede that some ancients, even African shamans, were dealing with aspects of quantum phenomena or scalar physics , but without the pre-requisite knowledge of its underlying nature and characteristics.
It was like trying to harness lightning without the knowledge of basic electricity.
Therefore, their practices yielded no practical enduring results.

impressive.

I know of a guy who practise shamam and claimed he can control flame to flow at any direction, stop and disappear at his will. Though I havent verified his claim but I am doubting possibility of his claim.

African shamamism is spirituality. But what I am drawing your attention to the fact that spirituality entails spiritualism and practical science. Note that science there is not modern one
Re: Let An Atheist Answer This. by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:26pm On Jul 29, 2015
plaetton:

In fact, marketers and advertisers rely on the analysis of your inner self, your psyche, to determine what brand of toilet paper to market to you and how to successfully market it to you.

If you have ever thought or bought one brand of toilet paper as being better than another brand to wipe your bum bum, then cheesy your inner self, your psyche , has been successfully hacked using well known and time tested scientific methods. grin grin grin

what is this nitori Olorun?

I cant find anything analysing consciousness or inner self here.

You are only coating psychology and not providing any analytical depiction of consciousness
Re: Let An Atheist Answer This. by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:26pm On Jul 29, 2015
bolaino:
Lol. FOLYKAZE. The Part Man, Part Orisha.

abeg free me

1 Like

Re: Let An Atheist Answer This. by plaetton: 9:34pm On Jul 29, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

what is this nitori Olorun?

I cant find anything analysing consciousness or inner self here.

You are only coating psychology and not providing any analytical depiction of consciousness

Is there a difference between your psyche, your consciousness and you inner self ?

If your consciousness is subliminally manipulated , as is very obviously easy, then so is your psyche and inner self.
Re: Let An Atheist Answer This. by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:56pm On Jul 29, 2015
plaetton:

Is there a difference between your psyche, your consciousness and you inner self ?

If your consciousness is subliminally manipulated , as is very obviously easy, then so is your psyche and inner self.

What you said doesnt prove scientifical analysis of consciousness.
Re: Let An Atheist Answer This. by McSterling(m): 10:39pm On Jul 29, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

Brace peace man. I am not the OP and I we have different view of what God is. The OP could be christian but does that mean he has the priviledge only to us the terrm God?

Lets leave that aside. There are some particualr concept of God you believe becuse they exist. Does this stances still make you an atheist? Or does you atheism is to a particular god while you are theist to other ones?
If any concept of god is backed up by indisputable evidence, how can I be atheist with respect to them? If for instance, god is defined as the rock basalt, then it would be illogical for me to say I'm atheist, since basalt is observable in the lab and even its constituent minerals and mode of formation is known. Likewise, I can't say I am atheist with respect to pantheism or Spinoza's god. I am basically atheist to personal, anthropomorphic gods- gods with human characteristics, e.g yahweh and his fellows. Clearly the creation of man and consequently infused with human characteristics and imbued with pretentious uber-qualities. I do not believe in such gods due to the lack of evidence for them.

Anything that cannot be explained scientifically is supernatural
That would mean phenomena like thunder and lightning, earthquakes, volcanic eruption, etc. was supernatural in ancient times.

I dont seem to find a scientific explanation for it. That is while it is God in panpsychism.
Ah! consciousness as I perceive it is simply the result of a physical organ: the brain. Even the "inner entity" you speak of which I like to simply call the mind, is also the result of the brain.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Can man live without God? Why do people who reject God seem to live happy lives / What Happens When You're Dead? / What A Great Father He Is!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 141
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.