Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,141 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:15 AM

Let An Atheist Answer This. - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Let An Atheist Answer This. (8482 Views)

No Anambra Man Would Let An Enugu Man Be President” – Rev Fr. Mbaka / Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? / How Do I Tell People I Am An Atheist? Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let An Atheist Answer This. by Esdb3: 9:27am On Aug 01, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

You asked about God and also spirituality na.

Secondly God is not a proper noun and should not be capitalized. I dont need to teach you proper and common noun.

So abeg turn left

To summarize the proper noun/
common noun usage, I think the
easiest way to handle the situation
is to capitalize the word god when
it is used as a proper name as the
name of the god of a monotheistic
religion, such as the god of
Christianity or Judaism, and not
capitalize it when it is used as a
common noun:

God (capitalization)
God is capitalized when it functions as a name. In this
use, God is a proper noun like any other name and does
not take a definite or indefinite article. But in phrases
like the Biblical god and a forgiving god, which do
have articles, there’s no need to capitalize god because
it is a common noun rather than a name—yet many
religiously inclined writers still capitalize the word in
these instances.

So abeg turn yaba left
Re: Let An Atheist Answer This. by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:38am On Aug 01, 2015
Esdb3:

To summarize the proper noun/
common noun usage, I think the
easiest way to handle the situation
is to capitalize the word god when
it is used as a proper name as the
name of the god of a monotheistic
religion, such as the god of
Christianity or Judaism, and not
capitalize it when it is used as a
common noun:

God (capitalization)
God is capitalized when it functions as a name. In this
use, God is a proper noun like any other name and does
not take a definite or indefinite article. But in phrases
like the Biblical god and a forgiving god, which do
have articles, there’s no need to capitalize god because
it is a common noun rather than a name—yet many
religiously inclined writers still capitalize the word in
these instances.

So abeg turn yaba left

Oga ade why na.

Is God the name of christian god or Jehovah?

Pls stop bordering me with primary school subject
Re: Let An Atheist Answer This. by Esdb3: 9:43am On Aug 01, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

Oga ade why na.

Is God the name of christian god or Jehovah?

Pls stop bordering me with primary school subject

Bobo no let me swear for you o. Who you dey follow call 'oga ade'? Wtf! Mtchw!

Are you blind as you are dumb? Monotheistic religions believe in one God. The names they call them are different. The explanations apply to the fact that they believe in one God.

Yes his name is Yaweh mary! But among all gods he is God the supreme of all! Mtchew
Re: Let An Atheist Answer This. by FOLYKAZE(m): 10:16am On Aug 01, 2015
Esdb3:

Bobo no let me swear for you o. Who you dey follow call 'oga ade'? Wtf! Mtchw!

Are you blind as you are dumb? Monotheistic religions believe in one God. The names they call them are different. The explanations apply to the fact that they believe in one God.

Yes his name is Yaweh mary! But among all gods he is God the supreme of all! Mtchew

Huh?

Ogbeni stop stalking me

Jesus was a God. You forgot that too?
Re: Let An Atheist Answer This. by Esdb3: 10:38am On Aug 01, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

Huh?
Ogbeni stop stalking me
Jesus was a God. You forgot that too?
Stalk you? You quoted me first. Do you know what stalking means?
Jesus is a God bobo; Jesus is God but he is an intermediary to God the FATHER!
Re: Let An Atheist Answer This. by FOLYKAZE(m): 10:46am On Aug 01, 2015
Esdb3:

Stalk you? You quoted me first. Do you know what stalking means?

Jesus is a God bobo; Jesus is God but he is an intermediary to God the FATHER!

Me quote you first? Pele ti e o

Do you have two Gods in christianity now?

Jehovah and Jesus. Two entities. Gods from plural of God.

Oga this mata of Noun and Singular/plural is for kids.
Re: Let An Atheist Answer This. by dalaman: 6:31pm On Aug 01, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

4. Like my good friend would say, I am not truly an atheist but a seeker of enlightenment. I claimed to be an atheist becasue I do not believe in a God but as a spiritual atheist, I know that what a God represent really exist.

I have argued in many place that Jehovah does not exist but as well exist an Idea. Sango exist as electric energy. There is even a thread on this. Just like the greek goddess Iustice, she does not exist as a lady that walk down the street with scale and swing sword around; here I am an atheist. But looking inwardly, she exist as equity of the law and justice in every society. Another Yoruba deity is Ogun which I believe exist as anything metalic. Truthfully I love everything about Deity and the powerful message their stories hold. I tend to look away from the allegory attached to this deities and find their original representation.

I define spiritual atheism here https://www.nairaland.com/1583749/there-atheists-here-oppose-gay#20736730

That's what I mean by context. You are an atheist , as you have stated you do not believe in many God ideas as portrayed by their advocates. You even try to form your own ideas just to get meaning out of the Gods that are being peddled. Why you go about haranguing others is what I really do not understand. You failed to accept a lot of the Gods as portrayed but go about haranguing others.
Re: Let An Atheist Answer This. by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:03pm On Aug 01, 2015
dalaman:

That's what I mean by context. You are an atheist , as you have stated you do not believe in many God ideas as portrayed by their advocates. You even try to form your own ideas just to get meaning out of the Gods that are being peddled. Why you go about haranguing others is what I really do not understand. You failed to accept a lot of the Gods as portrayed but go about haranguing others.

You dont get it dude.

Look inwardly, there is nothing like God but we have something and lot of things that can be called god. It could be an idea, entity or concept but theist and even the atheist have failed to look up to. In this sense I mean why we dont ask question about what God is or the quality that made god a god. Why is the river that run down the corner of a street is been worship. How is the water content different from the one that run in the tap and why the one that run freely and very dirty is revered. Why is the python in Lagos is killed at will but the one in Idemili is been worship? Why is chicken is everyone favourite meal but those in Ode Aye worship it as a deity. We need to look away from God but face that which is called God.

Take for example the Yoruba god of iron Ogun in the creation story. We learnt that Ogun and not any other deity moulded a bone. Science came and told us bone isbmade from Calcium which is a metalic element. Ogun also is a metalic substance like Calcium. The two accounts depict a man with the profession of Goldsmith from Yoruba Kingdom who happen to be a God and a chemical element. So when an atheist or theist choose to rally after the God and not what the God really is, they both lose real target. Atheists and theist confusion and argument starts and ends here. The two accounts is pointing to the same direction holding the same truth. But when we look after the God, we get the wrong perception. We see an old man struggling in his workshop with big hammer and hot fire moulding human bone.

I am not specifically saying all deity have scientifical essence but I am trying to say thay what we call God is not another thing. Who knows if it is truth, I have heard someone arguing that Jehovah is vocalnic eruption. But we are all configured to see Jehovah as a man living in the sky. But no matter how you look inwardly, there would always be an essence we are missing when we look for God and not what the God is composed of.

I dont believe in God but believe in every essence which a God tries to express.

Can you tell me how I discussion is abusive
Re: Let An Atheist Answer This. by Esdb3: 9:41pm On Aug 01, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

Me quote you first? Pele ti e o

Do you have two Gods in christianity now?

Jehovah and Jesus. Two entities. Gods from plural of God.

Oga this mata of Noun and Singular/plural is for kids.

When you read the bible and not articles about it online, quote me then I'll solve your problem.
Re: Let An Atheist Answer This. by Nobody: 11:28pm On Aug 01, 2015
You are a Deist just like me. We believe in God but we do NOT believe in organised religion.

onomeglo:
I believe that God exist buh I dnt practice any religion,so wat will I be termed?
Re: Let An Atheist Answer This. by Nobody: 11:33pm On Aug 01, 2015
teeowl:
You are a Deist just like me. We believe in God but we do NOT believe in organised religion.

ok....
Re: Let An Atheist Answer This. by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:34pm On Aug 01, 2015
Esdb3:

When you read the bible and not articles about it online, quote me then I'll solve your problem.

I read the bible than you do.

You once said Jehovah is God and Jesus is a God too. That makes two Gods. How is that hard for you to grab?
Re: Let An Atheist Answer This. by Esdb3: 11:42pm On Aug 01, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

I read the bible than you do.

You once said Jehovah is God and Jesus is a God too. That makes two Gods. How is that hard for you to grab?

What is the trinity?

John 14:9-17 (NASB)
Jesus said to him, “Have I been
so long with you, and yet you
have not come to know Me,
Philip? He who has seen Me
has seen the Father

Do you worship God? Yes. Do you worship Jesus? Yes. What does that make Jesus?
Re: Let An Atheist Answer This. by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:53pm On Aug 01, 2015
Esdb3:

What is the trinity?

John 14:9-17 (NASB)
Jesus said to him, “Have I been
so long with you, and yet you
have not come to know Me,
Philip? He who has seen Me
has seen the Father

Do you worship God? Yes. Do you worship Jesus? Yes. What does that make Jesus?

◄ John 20:28
New International Version
Thomas said to him, "My Lord and my God!"

And see for yourself worship of Jesus oband not Jehovah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCMVrJeY6gA

Meanwhile Jesus is worshp as the God Almighty

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6UMUwCBO2U

Jesus was a God. Jehovah too is a God. Two Gods simple
Re: Let An Atheist Answer This. by Nobody: 11:44am On Aug 02, 2015
onomeglo:
I believe that God exist buh I dnt practice any religion,so wat will I be termed?
deist
Re: Let An Atheist Answer This. by Nobody: 11:55am On Aug 02, 2015
iRyan:
deist
merci monsieur
Re: Let An Atheist Answer This. by Doshmynthrill(m): 1:43am On Aug 04, 2015
Esdb3:
The Question; Is it that you believe God just doesn't exist?

Or do you believe that God and spiritualism(in other words spiritual things) doesn't exist?.

lame topic ! the title should be (LET A DISSFUNCTIONALL BRAINDAMAGED LOSER ANSWER THIS)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Let's Discuss Some Of The Irregularities Of The Christian Faith / Praise God With Any Hymn/Song As 2017 Ends Today / Please Help Translate This Gospel Song.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.