Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,480 members, 7,819,750 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:15 PM

$13bn Oil Stolen Under NNPC In Four Years – NEITI - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / $13bn Oil Stolen Under NNPC In Four Years – NEITI (847 Views)

Nigeria’s Debt Reaching Critical Levels — NEITI / Akwa Ibom Tops 2016 FAAC Allocation With Over N116.6 Billion – NEITI / 160million Barrels Of Oil Stolen Under NNPC – NEITI (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

$13bn Oil Stolen Under NNPC In Four Years – NEITI by agborman96: 9:11pm On Jul 29, 2015
The Executive Secretary of the Nigeria Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative, Hajiya Zainab Shamsuna-Ahmed, on Wednesday said between 2009 and 2012 alone, about 160 million barrels of crude oil, valued at $13.7bn were stolen under the watch of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation. The NEITI boss, who called on the Federal Government to privatise the refineries, stated this during a courtesy call on Governor Nasir el-Rufai of Kaduna State at Sir Kashim Ibrahim Government House, Kaduna, on Wednesday. El-Rufai is among the four governors, appointed by the National Economic Council to scrutinise the accounts of the NNPC and the Excess Crude Account managed by the administration of former President Goodluck Jonathan. Part of the terms of reference was to unravel the N3.8tr allegedly not remitted to the Federation Account by the national oil giant between 2012 and May, 2015 as well as $2.1bn said to have been deducted from the Excess Crude Account without the knowledge of the governors. Governors of Akwa-Ibom, Edo and Gombe states are members of the panel. Shamsuna-Ahmed said, “Crude product swap of $866m was lost from 2009 to 2011 and $82.43m in 2012. Total amount expended on subsidy payment from 2005 to 2012 as captured, $11.631m have been paid to the NNPC,. However, there is no evidence this amount was remitted to the federation account.” Meanwhile, el-Rufai alleged that since he called for the scrapping of NNPC, the corporation has being sponsoring articles in the media to attack him, saying he would continue to fight till NNPC was killed. He added that the corporation would be made to pay all the money it owed before its final death. El-Rufai said, “NNPC has become a monster and too powerful. I will continue to fight NNPC till it dies for Nigeria to survive. Its either Nigerians kill NNPC or NNPC will kill Nigeria. “Since I called for the death of NNPC, the corporation sponsored articles attacking me, but I am telling them my skin is ticker than that of an elephant. “The NNPC can’t bribe us, the four governors.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/13bn-oil-stolen-under-nnpc-in-four-years-neiti/

lalasticlala
Re: $13bn Oil Stolen Under NNPC In Four Years – NEITI by ladyF(f): 9:12pm On Jul 29, 2015
Chai
Re: $13bn Oil Stolen Under NNPC In Four Years – NEITI by XavierBlue(m): 9:17pm On Jul 29, 2015

XavierBlue
Re: $13bn Oil Stolen Under NNPC In Four Years – NEITI by Nobody: 9:18pm On Jul 29, 2015
chai lalasticlala come and c ooooo
Re: $13bn Oil Stolen Under NNPC In Four Years – NEITI by AGBARUSIA1(m): 9:23pm On Jul 29, 2015
Pinshures of them stealing d money or #Adonbilivit
Re: $13bn Oil Stolen Under NNPC In Four Years – NEITI by adonbilivit: 9:24pm On Jul 29, 2015
all this big figures we see everyday will drive us mad o. I have never seen a million naira and some people are chopping billions of dollars
Re: $13bn Oil Stolen Under NNPC In Four Years – NEITI by Nobody: 9:24pm On Jul 29, 2015
Chai!!!! PDP have destroyed dis country..

PDP/Tanoids/Wailers/Online criers are shameless ppl...u are all suppose to hide your face in shame

1 Like

Re: $13bn Oil Stolen Under NNPC In Four Years – NEITI by natas22: 9:25pm On Jul 29, 2015
Why starting from 2009 they should have started from the time oil was discovered in this country and see how corruption have deepened in our society
www.

1 Like

Re: $13bn Oil Stolen Under NNPC In Four Years – NEITI by spako4(m): 9:43pm On Jul 29, 2015
Let the probe start
Re: $13bn Oil Stolen Under NNPC In Four Years – NEITI by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jul 29, 2015
Jonathan
Re: $13bn Oil Stolen Under NNPC In Four Years – NEITI by Femolacaster(m): 10:00pm On Jul 29, 2015
Many heads will soon start rolling!
Re: $13bn Oil Stolen Under NNPC In Four Years – NEITI by bashirolu: 10:01pm On Jul 29, 2015
All these under the watchful eyes of Jonathan Ebele Goodluck!

1 Like

Re: $13bn Oil Stolen Under NNPC In Four Years – NEITI by oduastates: 10:04pm On Jul 29, 2015
No wonder they keep declining the offer of assistance from USA .
Hopefully, we can get them to come and use the pirates as target practice.
Re: $13bn Oil Stolen Under NNPC In Four Years – NEITI by Splashme: 10:06pm On Jul 29, 2015
I was just guessing the new figure this dullard govt is going to release again to Nigerians
Re: $13bn Oil Stolen Under NNPC In Four Years – NEITI by Sibrah: 10:19pm On Jul 29, 2015
Everybody is guessing like they are the perpetrator of the corruption in question. Funny enough, NNPC is trying to play down the scale of corruption so only a thorough probe will tell what's missing. I suggest Buhari admin allow more than one private financial forensic firm do independent jobs and let's compare results.
Wailing wella A.K.A. Na-our-Oyel-crew . . . I hail oh ! ! !
Re: $13bn Oil Stolen Under NNPC In Four Years – NEITI by Sibrah: 10:23pm On Jul 29, 2015
Splashme:
I was just guessing the new figure this dullard govt is going to release again to Nigerians
Dullard govt??
A govt that sees stealing as corruption? . . . I recommend you two weeks of balanced diet and vitamin supplements to go with. It will do your brain a lot of good!
Re: $13bn Oil Stolen Under NNPC In Four Years – NEITI by Sibrah: 10:29pm On Jul 29, 2015
bashirolu:
GEJ alias SeeNoEvil, HearNoEvil. I kept referring people to his 'exploits' as Bayelsa state govt but many blindly ignored.
Re: $13bn Oil Stolen Under NNPC In Four Years – NEITI by abikubu: 10:31pm On Jul 29, 2015
bashirolu:

Along with Diezani, they finished Nigeria
Re: $13bn Oil Stolen Under NNPC In Four Years – NEITI by allycat: 10:44pm On Jul 29, 2015
agborman96:
The Executive Secretary of the Nigeria Extractive
Industries Transparency Initiative, Hajiya Zainab
Shamsuna-Ahmed, on Wednesday said between 2009
and 2012 alone
[/color], about 160 million barrels of crude oil,
valued at $13.7bn were stolen under the watch of the
Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation.
The NEITI boss, who called on the Federal Government
to privatise the refineries, stated this during a courtesy
call on Governor Nasir el-Rufai of Kaduna State at Sir
Kashim Ibrahim Government House, Kaduna, on
Wednesday.
El-Rufai is among the four governors, appointed by the
National Economic Council to scrutinise the accounts of
the NNPC and the Excess Crude Account managed by
the administration of former President Goodluck
Jonathan.
Part of the terms of reference was to unravel the N3.8tr
allegedly not remitted to the Federation Account by the
national oil giant between 2012 and May, 2015 as well
as $2.1bn said to have been deducted from the Excess
Crude Account without the knowledge of the governors.
Governors of Akwa-Ibom, Edo and Gombe states are
members of the panel.
Shamsuna-Ahmed said, “Crude product swap of $866m
was lost from[color=#990000] 2009 to 2011 and $82.43m in 2012.
Total
amount expended on subsidy payment from 2005 to
2012 as captured, $11.631m have been paid to the
NNPC,.

[quote author=bashirolu post=36409894]All these under the watchful eyes of Jonathan Ebele Goodluck!
abikubu:

Along with Diezani, they finished Nigeria

I didn't know Jonathan was president and Diezani Minister of petroleum between 2009 to 2012

1 Like

Re: $13bn Oil Stolen Under NNPC In Four Years – NEITI by abikubu: 10:56pm On Jul 29, 2015
[quote author=allycat post=36411221][/quote]

If you didn't know GEJ was president, then you know nothing.
If you didn't know that under Diezani $50 billion went missing or remitted to the federation account, then your ignorance is beyond redress!

(1) (Reply)

Senate Approves Oshiomole’s $75m World Bank Loan / "I Won't Tolerate Extortion From Unemployed Nigs. By Police Recruitment"-buhari / Sen. Godswill Akpabio Involved In A Car Accident.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.