Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,919 members, 7,810,530 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:38 AM

Nairaland Contractors Lounge - Season 2 - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nairaland Contractors Lounge - Season 2 (6418 Views)

Currency/e-currency Traders Lounge / Bpp Online Registration And Renewal Of Expired IRR Certificate For Contractors / Opportunity For Contractors... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge - Season 2 by sharonparker: 9:43pm On Nov 07, 2015
Do you desire smooth flawless skin ?
Do you want to be chocolate,caramel,fair or white?
Do you want to maintain your skin color but want it to glow?
Open Chat now for your 100% organic products:
whitening, lightening, brightening set
black soap deluxe
body butter
body polish
scrubs
anti-blemish cream
stretch mark soap/oil
pimples treatment
sunburn treatment
depigmenting soap/cream
2b102a38. Or call pepsy flawless on 08069618994
Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge - Season 2 by pepe1: 10:38pm On Nov 07, 2015
After getting my TIN for a business name, how do I compute the amount of VAT?

cc: databoy247
Scantee
Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge - Season 2 by scantee(m): 1:15pm On Nov 08, 2015
pepe1:

Scantee
how old is the business name?
Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge - Season 2 by pepe1: 1:21pm On Nov 08, 2015
scantee:
how old is the business name?

Business name is April 2015
TIN is August 2015

Thanks
Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge - Season 2 by bigx(m): 8:27pm On Nov 08, 2015
pepe1:

Scantee

File in previous month before 21 days of Current month are over.

Either add 5% to your invoices and remit to FIRS as VAT or calculate (5/105)*Price if the vat is inclusive in price.
Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge - Season 2 by scantee(m): 10:35pm On Nov 08, 2015
bigx:

File in previous month before 21 days of Current month are over.

Either add 5% to your invoices and remit to FIRS as VAT or calculate (5/105)*Price if the vat is inclusive in price.
i doubt he has done any business/contract with the company, @OP let us know if you have done any business/contract using the company name since registered.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge - Season 2 by pepe1: 9:54pm On Nov 13, 2015
scantee:
i doubt he has done any business/contract with the company, @OP let us know if you have done any business/contract using the company name since registered.
Thanks for your reply.
The business name is for my spouse's Cake shop.
She has gotten some orders mostly from family and friends cos we just secured a Shop.
Though, she objected to the registration and TIN cos it is just a small shop but I am looking at the bigger picture.
I want to know how to pay the VAT to avoid penalties.
Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge - Season 2 by 9japrof(m): 7:50pm On Nov 28, 2015
Its a pleasure to be among this group of notable minds and fellows. I work as a Registry Staff with Federal Polytechnic, Bida and i happen to work with their Works and Engineering Services(tho broken down to two units now with the Physical Planning and Development coming on stream). I have personally seen how the game of projects and contracts is been played though not personally involved.

When i read through the first epsiode, i felt really motivated and i met a colleague of mine who is actively involved in the contractual process, his response was in the affirmative and we have actually started thinking on how we can start the process right from incorporation.

Besides if there are big players in the contract and procurement industry based in the north who are interested, i wouldnt mind sharing infos on when there are opening in TETFUND or School sponsored projects.

Oga Databoy247 and scantee i appreciate your efforts, i wouldnt mind joining in your foot steps.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge - Season 2 by nekede11(m): 10:30pm On Nov 28, 2015
Kk
Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge - Season 2 by mexxy1(m): 11:51pm On Nov 28, 2015
I intend upgrading my business name to a limited liability company retaining the current name.
Any advice on how to go about it?
Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge - Season 2 by deiikonac(m): 7:53am On Nov 29, 2015
[b][/b] good one, may introduce my firm, Deiikonac ltd, the best customized uniforms factory and Monogramming studio in Nigeria. http://www.stitchesandinknigeria..com.ng/2015/11/experience-act-of-monogramming.html
Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge - Season 2 by scantee(m): 11:54am On Nov 29, 2015
9japrof:
Its a pleasure to be among this group of notable minds and fellows. I work as a Registry Staff with Federal Polytechnic, Bida and i happen to work with their Works and Engineering Services(tho broken down to two units now with the Physical Planning and Development coming on stream). I have personally seen how the game of projects and contracts is been played though not personally involved.

When i read through the first epsiode, i felt really motivated and i met a colleague of mine who is actively involved in the contractual process, his response was in the affirmative and we have actually started thinking on how we can start the process right from incorporation.

Besides if there are big players in the contract and procurement industry based in the north who are interested, i wouldnt mind sharing infos on when there are opening in TETFUND or School sponsored projects.

Oga Databoy247 and scantee i appreciate your efforts, i wouldnt mind joining in your foot steps.
welcome onboard bro
Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge - Season 2 by onyeogalu1(m): 5:24pm On Nov 29, 2015
Am glad I found this thread. Thanks to everyone on this wonderful thread
Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge - Season 2 by ojmaroni247(m): 5:45pm On Jan 04, 2016
Happy new year Every1

We have available for sale in Calabar New 6 inch schedule 120 gas pipes 12m length 1000 pieces availabe price 290k each.

Call/watsapp 08067880681

Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge - Season 2 by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jan 04, 2016
mexxy1:
I intend upgrading my business name to a limited liability company retaining the current name.
Any advice on how to go about it?
Yes, you have to file for annual returns for the years you did business and they would close your business name and proceed to registering your LLC

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge - Season 2 by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jan 04, 2016
pepe1:

Thanks for your reply.
The business name is for my spouse's Cake shop.
She has gotten some orders mostly from family and friends cos we just secured a Shop.
Though, she objected to the registration and TIN cos it is just a small shop but I am looking at the bigger picture.
I want to know how to pay the VAT to avoid penalties.

Sonc she has not registered for TIN I advise she does so ASAP. So that when she is filling for subsequent years she would be filling NIL with bank statements.
Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge - Season 2 by mexxy1(m): 9:30pm On Jan 04, 2016
okerekeukachi:

Yes, you have to file for annual returns for the years you did business and they would close your business name and proceed to registering your LLC

Thanks.
Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge - Season 2 by pepe1: 9:24pm On Jan 05, 2016
okerekeukachi:

Sonc she has not registered for TIN I advise she does so ASAP. So that when she is filling for subsequent years she would be filling NIL with bank statements.
Thanks for your reply.
Though she objected but I have registered for TIN. I now want to know how to calculate the Vat.
Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge - Season 2 by Nobody: 7:51am On Jan 07, 2016
pepe1:

Thanks for your reply.
Though she objected but I have registered for TIN. I now want to know how to calculate the Vat.
.05% on your turnover or every sales invoice.
Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge - Season 2 by ozota: 12:37pm On Jan 07, 2016
Fellow contractors in the house, complement of the season. I have been following the trend from the previous one to this season 2, my special appreciation goes to databoy and scantee, you guys are much.

For those of us into building and construction, we Leadway Infrastructure Ltd handle a very important aspect of construction process SOIL INVESTIGATION (testing) and BOREHOLE DRILLING. You can contact us for any of such services as we deliver the best.

We have vast knowledge of Niger Delta terrain as we have worked in bayesla, Rivers, Akwa Ibom, Delta, Cross River, Abia etc and other south east and north central states.

Our office, equipment yard and laboratory is located in Port Harcourt. You can reach us on:08038960711 email: leadwayinfra@gmail.com. come let's strike a deal.
Below are our previous work pictures.

Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge - Season 2 by scantee(m): 1:09pm On Jan 07, 2016
ozota:
Fellow contractors in the house, complement of the season. I have been following the trend from the previous one to this season 2, my special appreciation goes to databoy and scantee, you guys are much.

For those of us into building and construction, we Leadway Infrastructure Ltd handle a very important aspect of construction process SOIL INVESTIGATION (testing) and BOREHOLE DRILLING. You can contact us for any of such services as we deliver the best.

We have vast knowledge of Niger Delta terrain as we have worked in bayesla, Rivers, Akwa Ibom, Delta, Cross River, Abia etc and other south east and north central states.

Our office, equipment yard and laboratory is located in Port Harcourt. You can reach us on:08038960711 email: leadwayinfra@gmail.com. come let's strike a deal.
Below are our previous work pictures.
Complement bro
Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge - Season 2 by Babacele: 2:35pm On Jan 07, 2016
This Post is a fantastic one. God bless OP n co who have been educating us since last year. please o databoy and scanty if a foreign company partners with my newly registered company llc, which is one week old, can we do contracts for Federal Min of Agric? I mean contracts.
Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge - Season 2 by Nobody: 9:30am On Jan 08, 2016
Babacele:
This Post is a fantastic one. God bless OP n co who have been educating us since last year. please o databoy and scanty if a foreign company partners with my newly registered company llc, which is one week old, can we do contracts for Federal Min of Agric? I mean contracts.
It depends. For contracts you need your CAC document, tax clearance for three years and some other important things I can't really remember.
Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge - Season 2 by row2ray(m): 10:40pm On Jan 08, 2016
I have always been interested in doing contracts for myself. I helped my dad's company execute a contract for an oil and gas coy between 2014 and 2015. I registered my own (ltd) in 2015.. my major problem is I don't even know how to write a proposal for a contract. I'm working on getting my tax clearance right now... any advice is going to be highly appreciated. I'm from delta.. and my intention is to start contracting there.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge - Season 2 by Babacele: 9:14am On Jan 10, 2016
okerekeukachi:

It depends. For contracts you need your CAC document, tax clearance for three years and some other important things I can't really remember.
thanks bro
Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge - Season 2 by databoy247(m): 3:28pm On Jan 13, 2016
You can register at www.officemanager.com.ng to get latest contract opportunities around the country.
Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge - Season 2 by ollyboy009(m): 10:59pm On Jan 21, 2016
Yeeeeeahhh, i have to officially register my presence on this educating tread. I can hardly believe that i red it from cover to cover (season 1&2). May God keep blessing you guys and enrich you in knowledge. Databoy (Lemme officially name u Dataprof, u aint a boy no more) and scantee man, i salute you guys.

I will be also be contributing the little i know on this tread, answering some questions i can in the absense of my the bosses while i keep learning in the process.

Less i forget, i work with a reknown and highly connected logistic companies in Lagos as contract sourcing,evaluation and assessment manager so i understand all what as been discussed so far. I also played a key role in filling documents for TIN,TCC (as a trained accountant), Company profile development, company letter head design.

so letz keep this rolling and make dis 2nd episode a success too.
Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge - Season 2 by cyntobless(f): 6:52am On Jan 22, 2016
Helo house, am n interior decorator,
Please contact me 08060521659.
For supply of bedsheets,towels ,throwpillors, all about your home.
Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge - Season 2 by eazyway212: 9:52pm On May 28, 2017
For your soil tests ; contact me, Engr. Ezekiel@ 08060244464.....We deliver in all types of soil tests
Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge - Season 2 by peddy231(m): 5:24pm On May 29, 2017
Hello House, I register companies and other allied matters. Contact me on 08068171410
Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge - Season 2 by obua: 5:47pm On May 29, 2017
We produce locally, portable accommodation, portacabin, retail kiosk, catering van, catering trailers, display truck bodies, pickup bodies, mobile office, container houses, mobile toilet etc.
www.rapidcabin.c.
08066454544 call/whatsapp

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG Imposes Fuel Levy On Federal Roads - From Jan 2012 / I'm Thinking of Building a Mortuary, Weird? / FIRS Gets N23bn Unpaid Taxes From Corporate Firms After Accounts Suspension

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.