Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,741 members, 7,824,137 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:07 AM

Watch Nigeria Town In China - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Watch Nigeria Town In China (4899 Views)

Revealed: Town In Lagos Where Men Don’t Use Condom / Chinese Men's Marriages To African Women Causes Controversy In China / Dating A Nigerian Guy In China (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Watch Nigeria Town In China by AloyEmeka9: 10:27am On Mar 17, 2009
Re: Watch Nigeria Town In China by asha80(m): 10:42am On Mar 17, 2009
Are you sure nuzo is not in one of those pictures? tongue
Re: Watch Nigeria Town In China by AloyEmeka9: 10:51am On Mar 17, 2009
Na im be that guy wey come China with only POBOX number.  grin grin grin

Last christmas, i noticed a lot of half asian half Naija breed among us and most of them are grown. It used to be half oyibo half black but nowadays guys dey go mandarin. China is becoming a superpower and will surely be the next USA by 2020.
Re: Watch Nigeria Town In China by iReport: 2:30pm On Mar 18, 2009
house rent=$30, lmao
Re: Watch Nigeria Town In China by omega25red(m): 5:27pm On Mar 18, 2009
@ original poster

Thank you for that post, just listening to naration and seeing those pictures touched me. It's incredible what our people can do.

I am proud to be a nigerian
Re: Watch Nigeria Town In China by iReport: 8:10pm On Mar 18, 2009
It's a good thing we are known for hardwork just that some unscrupulous individuals will specialize in crimes to dent the whole thing very soon. Why did they use igbo music in the background? Is that a Nigerian town or igbo town?
Re: Watch Nigeria Town In China by MrCrackles(m): 8:18pm On Mar 18, 2009
Chei wetin be dat for plate?

No be pig head be dat for naming ceremony?
shocked shocked
Re: Watch Nigeria Town In China by iReport: 8:41pm On Mar 18, 2009
I didn't see it.
Re: Watch Nigeria Town In China by grafikdon: 10:54pm On Mar 18, 2009
iReport:

It's a good thing we are known for hardwork just that some unscrupulous individuals will specialize in crimes to dent the whole thing very soon. Why did they use igbo music in the background? Is that a Nigerian town or igbo town?

Is it an abomination to use Igbo music in a Nigerian setting? Or is Igbo music not "Nigerian" enough? Perhaps they should have used Franz Schubert's "Trout Quintet", no?
Re: Watch Nigeria Town In China by iReport: 11:00pm On Mar 18, 2009
Is it an abomination to use Igbo music in a Nigerian setting? Or is Igbo music not "Nigerian" enough? Perhaps they should have used Franz Schubert's "Trout Quintet", no?
I mean if they have to use a Nigerian music, why use a local one. Why not use some general music that is not tribe oriented?
Re: Watch Nigeria Town In China by asha80(m): 11:03pm On Mar 18, 2009
I mean if they have to use a Nigerian music, why use a local one. Why not use some general music that is not tribe oriented?

Go and ask the people that made the documentary.Give an example of a 'nigerian music'.
Re: Watch Nigeria Town In China by ikeyman00(m): 12:43am On Mar 19, 2009
hmmmm these igbo people self even in china

super-human na wooooo
Re: Watch Nigeria Town In China by Sammy107d(m): 1:51am On Mar 19, 2009
Igbo, Yoruba. . . what's the difference to a freaking ghanaian undecided
Re: Watch Nigeria Town In China by osisi2(f): 2:06am On Mar 19, 2009
grafikdon:

these people ask very silly stupid questions.
don't mind them
Re: Watch Nigeria Town In China by Lamidiobi1: 10:09am On Mar 20, 2009
this is not nigeria town. it should be caled ibo crime village in china.
Re: Watch Nigeria Town In China by busibodi(f): 3:17pm On Mar 21, 2009
Lamidi-obi:

since dem carry nigerian pali, they are nigerians.
Re: Watch Nigeria Town In China by iReport: 6:25pm On Mar 21, 2009
roflmao cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Watch Nigeria Town In China by ezeagu(m): 3:17am On Mar 22, 2009
Lol, you people beat me to it, it's Igbo town. grin
Re: Watch Nigeria Town In China by ezeagu(m): 3:18am On Mar 22, 2009
MrCrackles:

No be pig head be dat for naming ceremony?
shocked shocked
Isi/Ishi ewu

Goat head - Igbo food, that's how you know a real Igbo town. wink
Re: Watch Nigeria Town In China by samparian(m): 1:52pm On Mar 22, 2009
Did you guys even listen to the commentary by David Hogsholt or did you just look at the pictures?
Nothing about crime was mentioned and most Nigerians there are businessmen.
Even if they are Igbos nko?
You should know that any city in the world that doesnt have an Igbo man, has nothing to offer.
PURE and SIMPLE grin
Re: Watch Nigeria Town In China by samparian(m): 2:11pm On Mar 22, 2009
Nuzo is not in any of the pictures. That is Guangzhou city and Nuzo doesnt live there.
Re: Watch Nigeria Town In China by samparian(m): 2:21pm On Mar 22, 2009
Lamidi-obi:

why should it be called that??
It seems you have something against Igbos. hm?
Guangzhou has over 20,000 africans living there, Nigerians are about 50% of that population. We have Yorubas and Igbos here too. Few hausas are here but many of them are in Beijing.
The song that was used as the sound track was composed and produced here by an up coming Igbo musician who lives here. The song narrates what nigerians living in China go through.
Re: Watch Nigeria Town In China by iReport: 9:53pm On Mar 22, 2009
Guangzhou has over 20,000 africans living there, Nigerians are about 50% of that population. We have Yorubas and Igbos here too. Few hausas are here but many of them are in Beijing.
The song that was used as the sound track was composed and produced here by an up coming Igbo musician who lives here. The song narrates what nigerians living in China go through.
So why were they showcasing only the igbo culture under the umbrella name, 'Nigeria'?. Una don dey take style introduce wetin una dey do for Nollywood in China,abi? undecided
Re: Watch Nigeria Town In China by AloyEmeka9: 7:39am On Mar 23, 2009

I think it's time igbos should start wearing bullet proof vests in Nigeria as security measures. This is getting out of hand. I mean, we barely survived Tpia and her league of anti igbo tribalists and now this one surfaced from nowhere.
Re: Watch Nigeria Town In China by samparian(m): 1:26am On Mar 24, 2009
iReport:

So why were they showcasing only the igbo culture under the umbrella name, 'Nigeria'?. Una don dey take style introduce wetin una dey do for Nollywood in China,abi? undecided

The documentary was based on a Nigerian youth. And Nigerians were more willing to be interviewed and co-operative than their African brethren.
Besides, didnt you listen to the documentary?
Re: Watch Nigeria Town In China by samparian(m): 1:29am On Mar 24, 2009
i-report
hey, i'm glad we introduced Nollywood and shaped the industry. we've created employment for thousands of Nigerians without the aid of the government. You should be happy about that.
I'm proud of it. grin
Re: Watch Nigeria Town In China by OgidiBoy(m): 1:51am On Mar 24, 2009
Igbos sefs grin it used to be Northern Nigerian till that market was closed then it was south Africa till the south Africans got too mean now it's China. I wonder if I should go out there and see if I can make plenty of money too.
Re: Watch Nigeria Town In China by samparian(m): 12:58pm On Mar 24, 2009
you are welcome.
we'll keep some space for you grin
Re: Watch Nigeria Town In China by iReport: 2:48pm On Mar 24, 2009
Igbos sefs it used to be Northern Nigerian till that market was closed then it was south Africa till the south Africans got too mean now it's China. I wonder if[b] I should go out there and see if I can make plenty of money too.[/b]

Just remember that you will abide by China's one child policy. You can't have more than one child.
Re: Watch Nigeria Town In China by romeo(m): 5:23pm On Mar 24, 2009
iReport:

Just remember that you will abide by China's one child policy. You can't have more than one child.

You didn't notice he's Igbo? We don't allow polygamy.
Re: Watch Nigeria Town In China by ezeagu(m): 5:58pm On Mar 24, 2009
romeo:

You didn't notice he's Igbo? We don't allow polygamy.

Eh, more than one child.
Re: Watch Nigeria Town In China by romeo(m): 6:04pm On Mar 24, 2009
ezeagu:

Eh, more than one child.

Erm! Mr. Prof. I know what i wrote, Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Proof that Ijebu Are The Biblical Jebusites Or Jebus / Is Polygamy Still Accepted In Nigeria? / Is Ethiopia, The Greatest Country On The Continent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.