Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,518 members, 7,826,952 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:36 AM

New Method Of Scamming, DO Not Fall Victim!!! - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / New Method Of Scamming, DO Not Fall Victim!!! (51701 Views)

ATM Scam: The New Method / Akinade Tofunmi Wanted By EFCC For ATM Scam. Her Shocking Method Of Scam / A Corper Saved From Ritualist; Their New Method Of Operation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Method Of Scamming, DO Not Fall Victim!!! by kannymoore(m): 2:19pm On Jul 30, 2015
Israel5:
forgive? Are u nt a joke. Psst!

Me?

Joke?!

Bwaaahahahahahahahaa!!!!

I jump and pass!
Re: New Method Of Scamming, DO Not Fall Victim!!! by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jul 30, 2015
iphanyiuma:
I have been ill for some days so I needed to go the hospital. I decided to use the never failing access bank ATM machine before leaving for the hospital, I got there and saw a matured man of about 40 at the extreme looking confused.

I was done with my withdrawal and was about leaving when he called me to assist him get his card that it got stuck inside the machine I tried but could not get it out and he said he called on security but they told him they were closed until Monday, well I have done what I could and was already on my way when he called me back to assist him with 10 litres of fuel or cash, knowing that I have money on me, he was showing me his car that it was running on empty and he has no airtime even showed me his bank statement that he has more than 300,000 but just need to buy fuel and was going to pay me back....

i just told him the money I came to withdraw was for my treatment he said he was sorry and left......about a week later my friend came around asking me for cash and said he gave his last card 1500 naira to a man @ the atm gallery....and narrated a similar story, he said the man promised to pay him double the next day but he didn't get nothing from anybody....that was how he lost 1500 naira to a scammer...

so people just be aware and alert it's good to help people but help with your sense and don't fall prey to fakers!.
my broda, no be small thing o, this one even approach me as a pastor and after series of prayer, he said he is going to mfm and he couldn't withdraw that I should assist him. I even tried and gave him 1k and he is like saying it's not enough that God will multiply me because he saw the money I withdraw. when he saw me getting angry, he said thank u and went away.. Now that u are sharing this, it triggered my memory cos just last week d Sam thing happen when another mature man said pointing to his car and some people in it as his family that someone send him money on diamond account and he forgot to take his atm along. I didn't give him anything though cos he said I should raise him like 5k that since this is my a
Working place he will return it d second day, it's now I thinks it's scam

1 Like

Re: New Method Of Scamming, DO Not Fall Victim!!! by iphanyiuma(m): 2:27pm On Jul 30, 2015
Buonsenso:
This does not even make sense.

You meet a stranger in a bank and he asked that you give him money and he will pay you back.

1. You don't ask for his line or don't know where he lives. He fails to pay back and you call it scam.

That's stupidity on your part and not 419 or scam.
If you meet a stranger in a market or the stadium will you give him money?
this is y you keep failing jamb and waec read before your comment
Re: New Method Of Scamming, DO Not Fall Victim!!! by badesco(m): 2:35pm On Jul 30, 2015
that your frien must be a greedy and a t,i.f

1 Like

Re: New Method Of Scamming, DO Not Fall Victim!!! by sonnie10: 2:43pm On Jul 30, 2015
For those that saying it does matter who or how you help, remember the parable of the sower. Some would sow on dry ground and it would never grow while others would sow on fertile ground and it grows. So, the difference is clear, you have to be able to discern scam from genuine people who need help. God help us.
Re: New Method Of Scamming, DO Not Fall Victim!!! by iamnemo(m): 2:50pm On Jul 30, 2015
Hmmm cray days ahead. Stay sharp!!
Re: New Method Of Scamming, DO Not Fall Victim!!! by VickyRotex(f): 3:01pm On Jul 30, 2015
eleko1:
How much u get self wey u nor allow persin see front? .How persin fit scam a tight fist Iya Ijebu like U?Nah persin like u dey deceive/misdirect stranger wey ask for direction.Make I catch U for IYANgbali kiosk. undecided sad

Na 50kobo I get. undecided embarassed

You don go smoke that thing wey Iyangbali dey sell for her shop ba? angry angry
Re: New Method Of Scamming, DO Not Fall Victim!!! by sweatlana: 3:02pm On Jul 30, 2015
iphanyiuma:
I have been ill for some days so I needed to go the hospital. I decided to use the never failing access bank ATM machine before leaving for the hospital, I got there and saw a matured man of about 40 at the extreme looking confused.

I was done with my withdrawal and was about leaving when he called me to assist him get his card that it got stuck inside the machine I tried but could not get it out and he said he called on security but they told him they were closed until Monday, well I have done what I could and was already on my way when he called me back to assist him with 10 litres of fuel or cash, knowing that I have money on me, he was showing me his car that it was running on empty and he has no airtime even showed me his bank statement that he has more than 300,000 but just need to buy fuel and was going to pay me back....

i just told him the money I came to withdraw was for my treatment he said he was sorry and left......about a week later my friend came around asking me for cash and said he gave his last card 1500 naira to a man @ the atm gallery....and narrated a similar story, he said the man promised to pay him double the next day but he didn't get nothing from anybody....that was how he lost 1500 naira to a scammer...

so people just be aware and alert it's good to help people but help with your sense and don't fall prey to fakers!.

ATMs are usually located where there are security operatives. My question is what on earth are they doing Allowing someone to hang around an atm machine like that?
Re: New Method Of Scamming, DO Not Fall Victim!!! by IYANGBALI: 3:08pm On Jul 30, 2015
VickyRotex:
Thanks for the info Op.

That's why I don't use those ATM's that makes noise. Talking bla bla, so that at times, I withdraw without people even knowing.

When they ask if the ATM is dispensing, most time I say ""No, it dint dispense, but you can try, maybe it's my card or bank"" grin grin Yea, my bag helps me smiley

Some people will try it, and when it dispenses they'd call me back, and I'll be like ""Oh, don't worry, thanks"" tongue and when some dont wanna try it, I'll convince them to try their cards. cheesy

It's just about being cautious. undecided Not all the time though

The person below me, ""Are there no better things to thank God for?"" Do they give an award for this FP thing? Enlighten me please.
yinmu. You dey talk like say all the money for your acct reach five thousand naira,we wey get money like CBN no dey make empty noise like you
Re: New Method Of Scamming, DO Not Fall Victim!!! by VickyRotex(f): 3:22pm On Jul 30, 2015
IYANGBALI:
yinmu. You dey talk like say all the money for your acct reach five thousand naira,we wey get money like CBN no dey make empty noise like you

cheesy eleko1 wife, 5 thousand too much fa. E no reach 2 thousand for my account sef cry cry cry

As you get money like CBN, Shey you go loan me abi? I go pay when I'm 150 years old undecided
Re: New Method Of Scamming, DO Not Fall Victim!!! by IYANGBALI: 3:27pm On Jul 30, 2015
VickyRotex:

cheesy eleko1 wife, 5 thousand too much fa. E no reach 2 thousand for my account sef cry cry cry

As you get money like CBN, Shey you go loan me abi? I go pay when I'm 150 years old undecided
you see your life?original 419,EFCC go soon catch you tongue
Re: New Method Of Scamming, DO Not Fall Victim!!! by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jul 30, 2015
tchidi:
angry 1: never help anyone operate the ATM. 2: no borrow anybody money for ATM.
Ok, I can live with that... grin I kuku dey stingy before. tongue tongue
Stingy gal!
Re: New Method Of Scamming, DO Not Fall Victim!!! by player007(m): 3:48pm On Jul 30, 2015
iphanyiuma:

Sorry to say o, but that your friend own sef de him body. How will you lend abi na borrow a complete stranger money because he promised you double in return?

1 Like

Re: New Method Of Scamming, DO Not Fall Victim!!! by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jul 30, 2015
softysparky:

Stingy gal!

*batting eyelash* embarassed embarassed
Re: New Method Of Scamming, DO Not Fall Victim!!! by VickyRotex(f): 3:54pm On Jul 30, 2015
IYANGBALI:
you see your life?original 419,EFCC go soon catch you tongue

I work for EFCC my dear tongue
Re: New Method Of Scamming, DO Not Fall Victim!!! by udysweet(f): 4:00pm On Jul 30, 2015
All this their format sef nawa. I experienced one at ogba b4 the motor park. A lady wit a baby strapped to her back walked up to me teary eyed, begging for mony saying ATm trapped her card,dat she's goin to badagry. I doubted her 1st o but because of d baby. I evn moved away but came bak and gav her 200 sayin she beta go and board a bus now home cos of d baby she backed cos she evn dressed well lik office nursing mum. Evn asked her wch bus she will board she started stuttering. No sooner had I walked up a bit I saw one guy behind me,for my mind I say dis one too?! Lol. He was d one who now told me he was signalling me not to give her d mony,dat she's always der wit the same story. Omo I do uturn o,lol! Went bak to her,wen she swa me comin she fear,say wat,do u want to colet ur mony bak,wat did d man tell u? U can tak ur mony pls o. I jus tell am say madam if not for dis pikin,I for slap u,why deceive pple,wit dis innocent baby on ur back. Don't try dis nonsense next time,lol. Shame no gree me colet my 200 bak if not I was itching to ,lool
Re: New Method Of Scamming, DO Not Fall Victim!!! by mrlaw93(m): 4:04pm On Jul 30, 2015
Tnks Op.. I had same experience wit a woman 2day.. she met her at the atm point bt was surprised she allowed me to withdraw.. After taking 1k wich is meant for my lunch.. she approached me saying her sister snt money to her bt is reflecting in her acct that i should pls hlp her wit a thousand naira to pay 4 her child hospital bills. "if i giv u mk i die, scammer oshi"
Re: New Method Of Scamming, DO Not Fall Victim!!! by fanedrive(m): 4:10pm On Jul 30, 2015
prettybella:
wow this is a valuable information....
cc: lalasticlala do the needful
before the oduah saga, what words were used to express "do the needful "
Re: New Method Of Scamming, DO Not Fall Victim!!! by mekonglobal(m): 4:25pm On Jul 30, 2015
THANK GOD U KN BETTER
Re: New Method Of Scamming, DO Not Fall Victim!!! by mikkypel(m): 4:26pm On Jul 30, 2015
penzino:
Na wa for us for this country. Dem born was with scamming?

But wait op. You sabi remove card wey ATM retain? Abi how you take wan retrieve the man card. Just curious.. .......

U dey mind op wey dey bobo us here, cuz I no know where eject dey 4 ATM

1 Like 1 Share

Re: New Method Of Scamming, DO Not Fall Victim!!! by Adeyeancah(m): 4:27pm On Jul 30, 2015
hazyfm:
grin grin grin grin

broke scammer... N1500 !! grin grin grin grin

That scammer will die poor
Do u expect him/her to ask for #1million? Or do you think na only one person go fall for the scam?
Re: New Method Of Scamming, DO Not Fall Victim!!! by luthorcorp: 4:36pm On Jul 30, 2015
well in your case I can assume it were a scam but there is nothing really dubious about your friend's scenario...its really obvious that he wasn't gonna bring back any double money back....so let it go....actually the topic of the trend got me thinking about million scams....buzz off
Re: New Method Of Scamming, DO Not Fall Victim!!! by ArchEnemy(m): 4:53pm On Jul 30, 2015
tchidi:
angry
1: never help anyone operate the ATM.
2: no borrow anybody money for ATM.

Ok, I can live with that... grin
I kuku dey stingy before. tongue tongue
that is what people say
We shouldn't help people at d atm
But you find people atimes who sincerely need help. And you won't want to be unnecessarily uptight
Re: New Method Of Scamming, DO Not Fall Victim!!! by efficiencie(m): 5:14pm On Jul 30, 2015
iphanyiuma:

That is not help. If I get you right, that dude simply lent his cash at zero interest rate, without collateral, without sureties, without documents and without guarantees...That's about the dumbest thing to do! If that dude just wanted to help he'd have handed him the money and not return for a refund...but he lent it under odd circumstances with the hope of getting his money back in a country like Nigeria...even in Vatican, such a dude would be scammed a million times...
Re: New Method Of Scamming, DO Not Fall Victim!!! by IYANGBALI: 5:21pm On Jul 30, 2015
VickyRotex:

I work for EFCC my dear tongue
fake staff tongue
Re: New Method Of Scamming, DO Not Fall Victim!!! by VickyRotex(f): 5:24pm On Jul 30, 2015
IYANGBALI:
fake staff tongue

angry angry angry
Re: New Method Of Scamming, DO Not Fall Victim!!! by DaBullIT(m): 5:41pm On Jul 30, 2015
iphanyiuma:
he has no airtime even showed me his bank statement that he has more than 300,000

From my experience , ATM cards get swallowed, not stuck, So how did the swallowed ATM card show you his balance shocked
Re: New Method Of Scamming, DO Not Fall Victim!!! by Christeety: 7:35pm On Jul 30, 2015
MY EXPERIENCE:
An Elderly man (80+) came to my office asking of any UNILAG Alumni. As the only UNILAG Alumni in the company i was called upon to attend to him. He introduced himself saying he was a lecturer at Social Science dept...mentioning other names of lecturers whom I didn't know, as I wasn't in that dept.
To cut the long story short...he said he came around to my area to see someone, but that his vehicle got spoilt and that the mechanic needed #2,500, but he forgot his ATM at home. He said I should pls borrow him, that unfailingly the ffg day he will personally bring it down to my office.
The story sounded fishy...but I still gave him the money. #I just love helping people#.
Till date the man didn't come back...who knows if that's how he goes around extorting money from UNILAG students.
I definitely don't regret my action...but its saddening how people tell lies just to extort money. I call them "CORPORATE BEGGARS"
Re: New Method Of Scamming, DO Not Fall Victim!!! by iphanyiuma(m): 8:05pm On Jul 30, 2015
DaBullIT:

From my experience , ATM cards get swallowed, not stuck, So how did the swallowed ATM card show you his balance shocked
umm there's something called a phone and it displays your balance after any withdrawal or deposit
Re: New Method Of Scamming, DO Not Fall Victim!!! by jcbillion(m): 8:16pm On Jul 30, 2015
Good u didn't fall for ur folly trying to help 'bring out his stuck ATM card'.. how were u, another ATM user not the Bank Official gonna do dat.. Dats enough red light dude
Re: New Method Of Scamming, DO Not Fall Victim!!! by mygee33(m): 8:32pm On Jul 30, 2015
I Was in a tight experience too sometime ago, in Abuja during the eve of the handover. Virtually all ATms were dry, I guessed the politicians and visitors had their way on them.
by the time i went round town from one machine to the other, de little change i had was way gone. I was contemplating on going home with my last card (at which I fit no come out again next day), or trying the other 1st bank...who knows.
Unfortunately theirs too was same story, unable to dispence cash.
I had a hundred thoughts at the same time on what to do, and how to go home. No be small distance oh. Calls would not work as there was sevre fuel scarcity.
Anyway, I saw this guy at the machine with plenty cash at hand. He was actually depositing. I was suprised! I didnt know some Atms colelcted cash till then. How we go de come to withdraw and another de payin? Hhahahaha!
To cut the whole thing short, na 9ja we deh nau, I explained to the guy how i needed his cash more than de bank. But seriously, I knew he was skeptical, who wouldnt be.
Not until I told him I will make a transfer for him to his account via the Atm, which he gave me his acct details and de alert came instantly did he really beleive me.
I took de money sharp sharp and entered drop home after stopping over for a bottle of Gulder and nkwobi..
Na Godwin finally

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Uber Driver Who Stole Lady's Bag, Passport & N1m Arrested In Lagos / Owerri DPO Punches #EndSARS Protester And Threatens To Shoot Him (Video) / 242 Nigerians Rescued Successfully From Libya (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.