Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,591 members, 7,809,145 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:11 AM

New Method Of Scamming, DO Not Fall Victim!!! - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / New Method Of Scamming, DO Not Fall Victim!!! (51666 Views)

ATM Scam: The New Method / Akinade Tofunmi Wanted By EFCC For ATM Scam. Her Shocking Method Of Scam / A Corper Saved From Ritualist; Their New Method Of Operation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Method Of Scamming, DO Not Fall Victim!!! by angelo1111: 8:54pm On Jul 30, 2015
I had the same experience at Unilag Access bank ATM. The man was well dressed and complained about his card being stuck. As soon as I finished withdrawing, he asked me to assist him with 2k to get petrol that he needed to get to Lekki. When I saw the Honda Pilot SUV he rode in and the way he was dressed, I believed him, so I gave him 2k. He said his name is Dr Emmanuel and his phone number is 08187515163. He promised to credit my account as soon as he got home. Till date, that number has been switched off. I gave him d money becos my brother told me how someone helped his pastor at the ATM, but his pastor paid the person back. I was only trying to help the so called Dr Emmanuel. Shame on him.
Re: New Method Of Scamming, DO Not Fall Victim!!! by horlabiyi(m): 9:02pm On Jul 30, 2015
Lol,this is old format nah. A lady did the same to me last year at the GTB Atm in Ogbomoso but I later got her and wanted to slit her throat.
Re: New Method Of Scamming, DO Not Fall Victim!!! by Dayoara: 10:08pm On Jul 30, 2015
world is changing fast..only the smart can live in it.
Re: New Method Of Scamming, DO Not Fall Victim!!! by Raymondluv(m): 10:20pm On Jul 30, 2015
thank for dis update...he good make person get sence...KNOWLEDGE IS POWER
Re: New Method Of Scamming, DO Not Fall Victim!!! by Kpimp: 10:21pm On Jul 30, 2015
the same thing happened to my friend at the ATM.the man just approached my friend telling him that his ATM got stuck in the machine.he even showed us the printout from the ATM which shows he has used the machine at arnd 6pm and on the slip it was written "this ATM card was reported lost" the current time was arnd 6:30pm when my friend and I came to withdraw.the man was just preaching like pastor telling my friend his car is down the road that he nee like 4000 to get 10litres na so my frnd give am 2k,upon that the guy still dey beg for the remaining 2k naso I vex tell my friend mk we go.the man collected by friend acct number say by tomorrow e will return the money even promise to add something. up till now nothing happen.close to 2 month now.
bad people no make person know the good people.
Re: New Method Of Scamming, DO Not Fall Victim!!! by rukkyland(m): 11:31pm On Jul 30, 2015
if I hear say I believe the story... once bitten twice shy.. never again.
Re: New Method Of Scamming, DO Not Fall Victim!!! by apeleone(f): 5:15am On Jul 31, 2015
i had a similar xperience in 2009 while workin as a contract staff at skye bank,a matured lady dat lookedvresponsible came in n told me she ran out of fuel n was stranded asked for 1k i gave her then she gave me ha complimentary card n promised to return my money d next day just laughed cos i knew she was lying,to her she just scammed me , cos she neva came back,bt to me i assisted a neighbour n never regretted my action,we have people like dat,bt should not stop or discourage us frm assisting others,cos out dere someone could really b stranded

1 Like

Re: New Method Of Scamming, DO Not Fall Victim!!! by Nobody: 8:43am On Jul 31, 2015
alphaconde:
Whenever I see someone stranded and needs help I always consider it as a chance to show kindness even if I suspect its a scam. I believe nothing changes my reward in the eyes of God.

So to anyone readin this don't stop doing good. For if you assist a stranger or a stranded person my prayer for you is that you would never be stranded in a stranged land.

Let share a story of St Martin, this story motivated me to be a kind person.

St martin was a soldier. He was returning from war on a very cold night, he walked pass a beggar who was clothless and He wondered how much he felt cold in his tough military attire and yet the beggar could bare to stay without clothes in such a weather.

He tore his clothes in two and gave the beggar one. At night while he slept He saw Jesus christ in his dream wearing the other half of his clothes and christ said to him. I was the one you saw helpless by the road side. I read he gave his life to christ and resigned from the military, hence he is a saint today.

My brethren the message is that don't stop doing good, it may as well profit you for your salvation.

Alpha conde

Oga na you be the scammer P.A. abi...God don expose una yash. Na you them go catch next.
Re: New Method Of Scamming, DO Not Fall Victim!!! by Fourwinds: 9:02am On Jul 31, 2015
naijainfogalery:
na wa ooo, boys are always coming up with illegal ways to hammer,

i can imagine 20 people falling for that scam daily 1500 x 20 = 30,000 time 30 days = 900,000

God punish devil chai
d way Nigerians are becoming Mathematicians these days is alarming.
BTW. instincts usually tell me if some people are genuine or not. even Jesus Christ may miss out not getting help from me. d Society is terrible
Re: New Method Of Scamming, DO Not Fall Victim!!! by prosper606(m): 9:24am On Jul 31, 2015
angelo1111:
I had the same experience at Unilag Access bank ATM. The man was well dressed and complained about his card being stuck. As soon as I finished withdrawing, he asked me to assist him with 2k to get petrol that he needed to get to Lekki. When I saw the Honda Pilot SUV he rode in and the way he was dressed, I believed him, so I gave him 2k. He said his name is Dr Emmanuel and his phone number is 08187515163. He promised to credit my account as soon as he got home. Till date, that number has been switched off. I gave him d money becos my brother told me how someone helped his pastor at the ATM, but his pastor paid the person back. I was only trying to help the so called Dr Emmanuel. Shame on him.

Same Doc Emmanuel did the same for me too on Tuesday.. At GTBank ATM Alapere Housing Estate Bus stop. Infront of Alapere Police Station.. I have thesame phone number with me and here is his Car Plate Number EPE 305 CX Black Honda Pilot SUV.. I believe one day one day hin Monkey go Go market and never Return.. Thats why some people do not always wanna help people.. Please everyone beware and spread this info.....
Re: New Method Of Scamming, DO Not Fall Victim!!! by naijainfogalery: 9:25am On Jul 31, 2015
Bro from experience that i learnt from the street, you can know a scam from the first move - thats streetwise
Fourwinds:
d way Nigerians are becoming Mathematicians these days is alarming.
BTW. instincts usually tell me if some people are genuine or not. even Jesus Christ may miss out not getting help from me. d Society is terrible
Re: New Method Of Scamming, DO Not Fall Victim!!! by gayeobasan(m): 4:18pm On Jul 31, 2015
Thanks for this information

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

242 Nigerians Rescued Successfully From Libya (photos) / Man's Phone Snatched Infront Of A Bank In Gbagada / Tout Jumps Into River To Escape Mob Action After Accident. See What Happened.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.