Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,707 members, 7,820,473 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:33 PM

Today Marks 40th Anniversary Of Murtala Muhammed's Emergence As Head Of State - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Today Marks 40th Anniversary Of Murtala Muhammed's Emergence As Head Of State (10411 Views)

Obasanjo Saluting The Corpse Of Murtala Mohammed (Throwback Photo) / Emir Sanusi Prays At The Tomb Of Murtala Muhammed (Pic) / Corpse Of Murtala Muhammed In 1976 (pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Today Marks 40th Anniversary Of Murtala Muhammed's Emergence As Head Of State by Nobody: 9:13pm On Jul 30, 2015
He that killed by the sword shall die by the sword. God killed you the way you and danjuma killed Aguiyi ironsi

1 Like

Re: Today Marks 40th Anniversary Of Murtala Muhammed's Emergence As Head Of State by grandstar(m): 9:16pm On Jul 30, 2015
ApcSucks:
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed. Introvert get off there you jobless scum of the 20th century undecided

must you curse her? It's wrong. I have no interest in being ftc but no need cursing introvert because of it
Re: Today Marks 40th Anniversary Of Murtala Muhammed's Emergence As Head Of State by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jul 30, 2015
Yh. Check this out too.

Re: Today Marks 40th Anniversary Of Murtala Muhammed's Emergence As Head Of State by cabaliciouscabal: 9:19pm On Jul 30, 2015
Am very sure Biafrans will not like him, he play a spoilers role in killing d dream of ojukwu and his cohorts. May Allah Bless ramat for us. R.I.P to a gallant soldier.
Re: Today Marks 40th Anniversary Of Murtala Muhammed's Emergence As Head Of State by SAIBUHAR1(m): 9:21pm On Jul 30, 2015
The one my grandmother called Muri...

Great hero....

Espodito kulambatu siphoritimagi
Re: Today Marks 40th Anniversary Of Murtala Muhammed's Emergence As Head Of State by Eric14(m): 9:21pm On Jul 30, 2015
In my opinion, he is or would have been d best Head of state in d history of Nigeria.
Re: Today Marks 40th Anniversary Of Murtala Muhammed's Emergence As Head Of State by Nobody: 9:22pm On Jul 30, 2015
allanphash7:
RIPMuri kan
I love that.

1 Like

Re: Today Marks 40th Anniversary Of Murtala Muhammed's Emergence As Head Of State by 2kris(m): 9:25pm On Jul 30, 2015
daniel9202:
introvert using 6g.. nawao. are you really this jobless? kukuma beg seun make he make you moderator
bros these ur pidgin na 1990s own ooh'kukuma'lol
Re: Today Marks 40th Anniversary Of Murtala Muhammed's Emergence As Head Of State by Shymm3x: 9:26pm On Jul 30, 2015
Great and promising leader, but a victim of CIA and Cold War era.

His Pan-African speech at the OAU sealed his fate. But still the best leader that cesspit ever had.

Salute.
Re: Today Marks 40th Anniversary Of Murtala Muhammed's Emergence As Head Of State by Nobody: 9:28pm On Jul 30, 2015
Na wa o. Person done dey near grave small small
Re: Today Marks 40th Anniversary Of Murtala Muhammed's Emergence As Head Of State by SAIBUHAR1(m): 9:29pm On Jul 30, 2015
2kris:
bros these ur pidgin na 1990s own ooh'kukuma'lol

Na Delta-Igbo people dey use the pidgin "kukuma" now. Starting from Obiaruku, Obinumba,kwale, abbi, umutu, agbor,owa oyibu, ogwash/ogwachikwu, asaba, umunenede, and other I can't remember.

I go kukuma go to farm
I will kukuma slap ya face
I want to kukuma vote for Buhari
I know GEJ will kukuma loss the election
I know Seun will kukuma block me

All there words,phrases and sentence must contain the word "kukuma", if not, they aren't complete.

I have once asked a friend of mine on why on earth will they kukuma use the word "kukuma" when they communicate?

He answer was "I am kukuma use to the word" that's all I can kukuma say.

Oya Kukuma quote and like this.

1 Like

Re: Today Marks 40th Anniversary Of Murtala Muhammed's Emergence As Head Of State by azimibraun: 9:29pm On Jul 30, 2015
My oldman worked with him at the state house and watched him got shot on that fateful day. Just 7months and he has almost all reasonable monuments named after him including the bridge linking the 2 divides of Nigeria The Murtala Mohammed Bridge. Some good things truly don't last.
Re: Today Marks 40th Anniversary Of Murtala Muhammed's Emergence As Head Of State by azimibraun: 9:31pm On Jul 30, 2015
I Kukuma rest my case... Ex-spacebooker.com
Re: Today Marks 40th Anniversary Of Murtala Muhammed's Emergence As Head Of State by nijanigga: 9:31pm On Jul 30, 2015
ApcSucks:
grin grin

The only good northerner unlike the dullard in aso rock

Burukutu sipping dullardiho

Olodo president
u nko? wetin u bi and who sabi u? you're ignorant else you will know who brew burukutu.
Re: Today Marks 40th Anniversary Of Murtala Muhammed's Emergence As Head Of State by knostbrown01(m): 9:49pm On Jul 30, 2015
natas22:
There was a country called Nigeria
The country when the price of naira was higher than dollar

The time when you study abroad the people will see you as dullard
A time when going to UK you needed no visa

I pray God will restore those days back with the help of my sai buhari
www.
Wake up from sleep brother.....you r talking in ur dream

1 Like

Re: Today Marks 40th Anniversary Of Murtala Muhammed's Emergence As Head Of State by natas22: 9:55pm On Jul 30, 2015
knostbrown01:

Wake up from sleep brother.....you r talking in ur dream

Lol bro how come I just saw you in the same dream. Nice one bro
www.
Re: Today Marks 40th Anniversary Of Murtala Muhammed's Emergence As Head Of State by knostbrown01(m): 9:55pm On Jul 30, 2015
san316:
The best leader we ever had. Thank Go we are having someone like him now.

If you believe we now have a leader with the Murtala Muhammed's Vision, click like.

If you are a wailer just wail and mourn the death of our great leader.
Keep on dreaming, Murtala didn't start clueless like ds , do you hear dt he used to disguise and go to market to price food stuff??....

1 Like

Re: Today Marks 40th Anniversary Of Murtala Muhammed's Emergence As Head Of State by Nobody: 10:07pm On Jul 30, 2015
He left the political scene, the way he entered; through the hails of bullet

1 Like

Re: Today Marks 40th Anniversary Of Murtala Muhammed's Emergence As Head Of State by Viktor1983(m): 10:16pm On Jul 30, 2015
EdCure:
What will Asaba people say on this occasion? I recently watched a documentary on the Asaba Massacre.
Whoever led that group of war criminals is not worth celebrating by any sane human.

I tell you.

1 Like

Re: Today Marks 40th Anniversary Of Murtala Muhammed's Emergence As Head Of State by Curlieweed: 10:20pm On Jul 30, 2015
hinwazaka:
On the contrary he was exactly like PMB. He also had a flagrant disregard for institutions and procedures. He simply got stuck with the hero worship which should have been given to his predecessor. Most of his so called achievements were aftereffects of his predecessor. The luckiest thing to happen to him was his death which turned him into a martyr. If he had lived he would have gone down as a dictator and human rights abuser.

Thanks bro. The war criminal was lucky to have been killed by Dimka. We have our dis functional civil service ( which used to be one of the best on the continent) to thank that rabid animal for.

Any time a national leader can't turn plans to results we should remember the butcher for gifting us this civil service.
Re: Today Marks 40th Anniversary Of Murtala Muhammed's Emergence As Head Of State by dokyOloye: 11:13pm On Jul 30, 2015
ApcSucks:
grin grin

The only good northerner unlike the dullard in aso rock

Burukutu sipping dullardiho

Olodo president
Murtala MuhaMAD,d mass murderer,a good northerner?
Dude is surely being bleeped from d anus by Satan right now.
Re: Today Marks 40th Anniversary Of Murtala Muhammed's Emergence As Head Of State by wisdomguy4u(m): 11:26pm On Jul 30, 2015
CreampieAngela:
your hatred for PMB is making You go bananas .... So Murtala Mohammed is now 'a good Northerner'? The same Murtala whom your biafran parents refer to as Buthcer Mohammed. The same Murtala who was the brain behind the July '66 counter coup that saw the massacre of several Igbos.

Two Battalions in Murtala's Division burnt down the Onitsha Market on the 12th Oct '67 in their first attempt at taking the town but according to you, Murtala is now a good Northerner just because you want to spite PMB. Shame

As far as your dumb brain is concern, everybody who doesn't like buhari is an igbo man. Oneday, the word Igbo will chock you . Poo-pie
Re: Today Marks 40th Anniversary Of Murtala Muhammed's Emergence As Head Of State by pazienza(m): 12:05am On Jul 31, 2015
The man who was leading the "Araba massacre" of Ndiigbo, but was quick to change the chant to " one Nigeria" the moment the Caucasian powers showed him the enormous wealth buried in the East, they( Arewa-Oduanistans) would forfeit, should they go on with their Araba( division/ secession) plans.

The dude saw no injustice in receiving weapons from the British to invade Biafra and deny the people freedom, he was driven by greed like all before and after him. But with the Biafrans out of the way, the greedy dude tasted the Eastern petrodollars and started thinking he could keep the whole share to himself by hiding behind sanctimonious African nationalist platitude to side step the Caucasians.

He forgot that without the Caucasians weapons, the Biafrans would have bombed him to stone age with Ogbunigwe.

His greed nailed him, he was quickly "handled" by the Caucasians, and a willing Yoruba agent was brought in to clean up his mess.

Murtala was a greedy murderer, who had no knowledge of how the world works. I would have loved to say that Karma got him, but that wouldn't be true, it was more of stupidity and greed that got him. If he bent to the powers that be, he would have been alive today, perhaps contesting for elections.

4 Likes

Re: Today Marks 40th Anniversary Of Murtala Muhammed's Emergence As Head Of State by illiad: 12:44am On Jul 31, 2015
daniel9202:
introvert using 6g.. nawao. are you really this jobless? kukuma beg seun make he make you moderator

Its rather disgusting when yall attack introvert whenever she/he beats yall to the very game you're all playing.

Yall should learn to accept defeat and stop behaving like APC

....and mind you if you quote to abuse I will refer you home, otherwise peace.

Meanwhile on the Topic, FORK MURTALA MUHAMMED. HE GOT PAID IN HIS VERY COIN
Re: Today Marks 40th Anniversary Of Murtala Muhammed's Emergence As Head Of State by fr3do(m): 12:57am On Jul 31, 2015
Are the mods not aware of how some of us insulted murtala Mohammed in the last thread about him because of his role in the Asaba massacre?
Is this senseless thread a ploy to play on our sensitivities?

Seun
Re: Today Marks 40th Anniversary Of Murtala Muhammed's Emergence As Head Of State by Icecomrade: 4:25am On Jul 31, 2015
WHO CARES
Re: Today Marks 40th Anniversary Of Murtala Muhammed's Emergence As Head Of State by tpiander: 4:28am On Jul 31, 2015
I think every tribe has ruled Nigeria now, abi which tribe or geographical region never rule yet?

please include spouses when calculating your figures.
Re: Today Marks 40th Anniversary Of Murtala Muhammed's Emergence As Head Of State by ceejay4real(m): 4:58am On Jul 31, 2015
Murtala was a BARBARIAN/BASTAAARRRD!
Re: Today Marks 40th Anniversary Of Murtala Muhammed's Emergence As Head Of State by zendy: 6:00am On Jul 31, 2015
[b]Only an ignoramus can love and evil man like Murtala Mohammed. You know why?

murtala Mohammed was a despicable man of the highest other. It is a personal disgrace to all well meaning Nigerians that such an evil man has his face on the national currency and has landmarks such as an international Airport named after him

The sins of murtala:

1) murtala Mohammed led a band of Northern military officers which included the current president Buhari,Danjuma,Babangida,Abacha,Jerry Useni, the late Yaradua senior amongst others in the counter coup of July 1966 were they killed Ironsi and massacred over 300 eastern officers.

2) murtala and his troops massacred over 700 civilian men, women and children who came to welcome him and his troops as they entered Asaba at start of the war

3) murtala despite sound advice and in a bid to increase his popularity led thousands of Nigerian Soldiers to their deaths as he tried to cross the river Niger into Onitsha on 3 separate attempts (The then Lt Oladipo Diya almost lost his life in one of those attempts). Subsequently, Mutala was recalled from the war and sent to London while his men lay dead under the River Niger.

4) murtala became the first Military officer in Nigeria who conducted a coup to sieze political power for him self when he kicked out Gowon. Even Nzeogwu had no interest in becoming president in his own coup. murtala then in one of the biggest acts of Military indiscipline then retired everyone who was above him in rank promoted him self from a one star Brigadier General to a full four star Genera in one go. murtala became the face of Northern military domination of Nigeria.

murtala then embarked on a mass purge of the civil service where he sacked over 11,000 workers nationwide which included some of the best and brightest.

murtala was a war criminal, a homicidal killer, a failed Soldier,a sociopath and national disgrace.[/b]

1 Like

Re: Today Marks 40th Anniversary Of Murtala Muhammed's Emergence As Head Of State by Mbediogu(m): 6:34am On Jul 31, 2015
[quote author=lalasticlala post=36435995]#NigeriaHistory; Today marks the 40th anniversary of Murtala Muhammed's assumption of office as 4th Head of State

General Murtala Ramat Muhammed, born November 8, 1938, was assassinated in Lagos in February 13th 1976. He was just 38 years old and had only been head of State for less than seven months.

https://mobile.twitter.com/NTANewsNow/status/626789192736051200

Issorite. But I am proudly from Asaba.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

N1bn Not Enough To Conduct Elections In 2020 ― INEC Chairman Tells NASS / Fuel Price Hike Looms As Marketers Kick Against ₦0.5m Shipment Charge / Imo: IPOB Members Responsible For Attack On INEC Office – Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.