Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,857 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:44 AM

Are Women Designed To Seek Multiple Partners? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Are Women Designed To Seek Multiple Partners? (17576 Views)

Is It Polite For Husband To Seek Wife's Approval On This? / Are Women Being Conned Into Marriage Nowadays??? / Are Women Naturally Polyandrous? Ie Multiple Partners. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Women Designed To Seek Multiple Partners? by LordReed(m): 2:52pm On Aug 03, 2015
cococandy:
Senseless thread? cheesy grin

So this kind of topic can be senseless? Hehehehe

Yes now, no be woman matter?
Re: Are Women Designed To Seek Multiple Partners? by cococandy(f): 2:57pm On Aug 03, 2015
LordReed:

Yes now, no be woman matter?
as in.
Don't you just love it when you throw people's logic in their faces exactly the way they presented it and it doesn't make sense anymore to them.
Re: Are Women Designed To Seek Multiple Partners? by 5minsmadness: 2:57pm On Aug 03, 2015
LordReed:

I tried to tell you not to take this too seriously as it is only meant to counter the "men are polygamous by nature" argument. If we simply relied on biological nature then many of our actions will be way different, which is what the point of this is.

So this thread was actually a joke from the beginning. Even the OP admits it, just a cheap opportunity to whip up sentiments grin

I feel u could have made a better argument though instead of this childish approach.

Look we didn't create ourselves, it's just the way the world is.

Put a man in a room with 5 ladies, there's a 100% probability he'll impregnate the lot and in a single day too. He has the sperm to spare.

Put a lady in a room with 5guys grin, No matter how hard she tries she's only going to get fertilized by one man bro, no matter how many men cum inside of her. That's biological imperative for you! grin

So, are women designed to be polygamous? The answer is simple. NO! And no amount t of sentimental crybabyism can change that simple biological fact!

Are men designed to be polygamous?

Look at the example up there grin
What do YOU think? wink

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Women Designed To Seek Multiple Partners? by bukatyne(f): 3:04pm On Aug 03, 2015
5minsmadness:

So this thread was actually a joke from the beginning. Even the OP admits it, just a cheap opportunity to whip up sentiments grin

I feel u could have made a better argument though instead of this childish approach.

Put a man in a room with 5 ladies, there's a 100% probability he'll impregnate the lot and in a single day too. He has the sperm to spare.

Put a lady in a room with 5guys grin, No matter how hard she tries she's only going to get fertilized by one man bro, no matter how many men cum inside of her. That's biological imperative for you! grin

So, are women designed to be polygamous? The answer is simple. NO! And no amount t of sentimental crybabyism can change that simple biological fact!

What do YOU think? wink

There is a difference between conception and sex undecided

Either a man/woman can sleep with as many partners as they deem fit

The woman can chose out of different sperms one to father her baby
The man can chose to plant his sperm in different women.

So maybe everyone was 'designed' to have/desire multiple sex partners.

I wonder who the designer is anyways.

3 Likes

Re: Are Women Designed To Seek Multiple Partners? by LordReed(m): 3:10pm On Aug 03, 2015
5minsmadness:

What do YOU think? wink

It's funny how the logic you are using to prove this polygamousness of men escapes you when turned around on you. Of the millions of sperm released by a man how many get to merge with one egg?

2 Likes

Re: Are Women Designed To Seek Multiple Partners? by LordReed(m): 3:14pm On Aug 03, 2015
cococandy:
as in.
Don't you just love it when you throw people's logic in their faces exactly the way they presented it and it doesn't make sense anymore to them.

It's amazing. And 5minsmadness even comes up to prove it. Simply amazing.

1 Like

Re: Are Women Designed To Seek Multiple Partners? by 5minsmadness: 3:15pm On Aug 03, 2015
LordReed:

Njokusboy is just circlejerking and really has nothing except to subtly show his contempt for the idea of polyandry. I am not arguing for or against polygamy of any form, I am arguing against the vilification of women with multiple partners in the light of people saying it is acceptable for men. Also I find it silly for someone to say biological function makes man polygamous by nature. Anything outside of this is ancillary.

Acceptable for men how?
Are u arguing based on relationships or marriage?
If relationships, nobody has justified a man having multiple girlfriends and even at that a lot of girls have strings of boyfriends as well.
If marriage, then njokusboy is very on point.
What exactly is your focus of discontent?

1 Like

Re: Are Women Designed To Seek Multiple Partners? by cococandy(f): 3:16pm On Aug 03, 2015
LordReed:

Very soon they will start calling you a woman and picking on you. Brace yourself.
Re: Are Women Designed To Seek Multiple Partners? by 5minsmadness: 3:18pm On Aug 03, 2015
bukatyne:

There is a difference between conception and sex undecided

Either a man/woman can sleep with as many partners as they deem fit

The woman can chose out of different sperms one to father her baby
The man can chose to plant his sperm in different women.

So maybe everyone was 'designed' to have/desire multiple sex partners.

I wonder who the designer is anyways.
@bolded ends the discussion!
A woman can conceive for only one man.
A man can cause the conception of many women!
QED!
Thread closed! grin
Re: Are Women Designed To Seek Multiple Partners? by bukatyne(f): 3:23pm On Aug 03, 2015
5minsmadness:

@bolded ends the discussion!
A woman can conceive for only one man.
A man can cause the conception of many women!
QED!
Thread closed! grin

Is polygamy as a result of conception or a result of sex?

The question now is was a man designed to pregnant several women?

From the creation?
Re: Are Women Designed To Seek Multiple Partners? by 5minsmadness: 3:25pm On Aug 03, 2015
LordReed:

It's funny how the logic you are using to prove this polygamousness of men escapes you when turned around on you. Of the millions of sperm released by a man how many get to merge with one egg?
Let's follow your logic then.
How many eggs are there to merge with? grin

This attempt to 'turn the logic on me' is stillborn at best smiley

3 Likes

Re: Are Women Designed To Seek Multiple Partners? by Nobody: 3:26pm On Aug 03, 2015
It's funny how people won't accept their shortcomings and say they are polygamous in nature instead of lumping everybody together with them.

I have no problem if anyone is polygamous in nature.
BOTTOM LINE; They are ashame of their way of life and probably being pricked by guilty consceince hence trying to make theirselves feel better.

2 Likes

Re: Are Women Designed To Seek Multiple Partners? by Nobody: 3:29pm On Aug 03, 2015
LordReed:

So it is ok for a man to be caught cheating?
Why would I 'cheat' when I can just be polygamous? Anyway, if you choose to have extramarital affairs, it's very okay.

2 Likes

Re: Are Women Designed To Seek Multiple Partners? by 5minsmadness: 3:30pm On Aug 03, 2015
LordReed:

I appreciate a good banter. Really I do.
But your thread fell flat on its face from page 1.
I thought it was a joke last night till I took a second look this morning and saw u were actually being serious.

It's like comfort food for the some ladies here. It makes them feel good but in practicality can only be bad for their health grin

Anyways I try not to ba a spoilsport in comfort parties like these.
Have fun wink

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Women Designed To Seek Multiple Partners? by edwife(f): 3:32pm On Aug 03, 2015
5minsmadness:

I am surprised that everyone failed to mention heteropaternal super fecundation which occurs when a woman has sexual intercourse with two men during the same menstrual cycle, having released two eggs. One egg is then fertilized by each man.

Just passing by..... tongue

2 Likes

Re: Are Women Designed To Seek Multiple Partners? by 5minsmadness: 3:35pm On Aug 03, 2015
bukatyne:

Is polygamy as a result of conception or a result of sex?

The question now is was a man designed to pregnant several women?

From the creation?
@bolded. Answer it yourself. Be honest.

Was man designed to impregnate several women at once?

Was a woman designed to be Impregnated by several men at once?

Give an honest answer if u can pls.

1 Like

Re: Are Women Designed To Seek Multiple Partners? by LordReed(m): 3:36pm On Aug 03, 2015
5minsmadness:

Acceptable for men how?
Are u arguing based on relationships or marriage?
If relationships, nobody has justified a man having multiple girlfriends and even at that a lot of girls have strings of boyfriends as well.
If marriage, then njokusboy is very on point.
What exactly is your focus of discontent?

I thought I already made that clear to you? Folk like you with your double standards and hypocrisy is my discontent. When you were "proving" the polygamous nature of man did you specify that is marriage or relationship?

1 Like

Re: Are Women Designed To Seek Multiple Partners? by LordReed(m): 3:39pm On Aug 03, 2015
5minsmadness:

Gosh you and njokusboy must have gone to the same school of circlejerkers. Read again the post you made this reply to.

3 Likes

Re: Are Women Designed To Seek Multiple Partners? by 5minsmadness: 3:39pm On Aug 03, 2015
edwife:

I am surprised that everyone failed to mention heteropaternal super fecundation which occurs when a woman has sexual intercourse with two men during the same menstrual cycle, having released two eggs. One egg is then fertilized by each man.

Just passing by..... tongue

Chases her away with broom grin

A very rare occurrence anyway. Definitely an aberration of nature.

Now git! You'll spoil the fun angry
Re: Are Women Designed To Seek Multiple Partners? by 5minsmadness: 3:40pm On Aug 03, 2015
LordReed:

I thought I already made that clear to you? Folk like you with your double standards and hypocrisy is my discontent. When you were "proving" the polygamous nature of man did you specify that is marriage or relationship?
Have u eaten this morning

What is polygamy if not a subset of marriage
Re: Are Women Designed To Seek Multiple Partners? by Nobody: 3:40pm On Aug 03, 2015
LordReed:

LOL, they majored mostly in males testosterone and its urge to react. cheesy
Re: Are Women Designed To Seek Multiple Partners? by edwife(f): 3:42pm On Aug 03, 2015
5minsmadness:

Chases her away with broom grin

A very rare occurrence anyway. Definitely an aberration of nature.

Now git! You'll spoil the fun angry

tonguetonguegrin
Re: Are Women Designed To Seek Multiple Partners? by LordReed(m): 3:43pm On Aug 03, 2015
BoboYekini:
Why would I 'cheat' when I can just be polygamous? Anyway, if you choose to have extramarital affairs, it's very okay.

And it is exclusive to men right?
Re: Are Women Designed To Seek Multiple Partners? by 5minsmadness: 3:44pm On Aug 03, 2015
@LordReed

I now see why you are being so emotional...
Your past exercise at conception just yielded fruit grin

Congrats man. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Are Women Designed To Seek Multiple Partners? by Nobody: 3:44pm On Aug 03, 2015
LordReed:

And it is exclusive to men right?
In Africa and they claim to be morally better than America. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Are Women Designed To Seek Multiple Partners? by LordReed(m): 3:49pm On Aug 03, 2015
5minsmadness:

I appreciate a good banter. Really I do.
But your thread fell flat on its face from page 1.
I thought it was a joke last night till I took a second look this morning and saw u were actually being serious.

It's like comfort food for the some ladies here. It makes them feel good but in practicality can only be bad for their health grin

Anyways I try not to ba a spoilsport in comfort parties like these.
Have fun wink

It was designed to fall flat to show how weak the "polygamous nature by biology" is and in fact is only prop for your ego.

1 Like

Re: Are Women Designed To Seek Multiple Partners? by LordReed(m): 3:53pm On Aug 03, 2015
5minsmadness:
@LordReed

I now see why you are being so emotional...
Your past exercise at conception just yielded fruit grin

Congrats man. smiley

Thanks smiley

Going by your argument I should even be out there "sowing and reaping" given that I have "proved" myself not so?
Re: Are Women Designed To Seek Multiple Partners? by LordReed(m): 3:56pm On Aug 03, 2015
cococandy:

Very soon they will start calling you a woman and picking on you. Brace yourself.

LoL! My darling daughter is bracing me grin
Re: Are Women Designed To Seek Multiple Partners? by 5minsmadness: 3:56pm On Aug 03, 2015
LordReed:

It was designed to fall flat to show how weak the "polygamous nature by biology" is and in fact is only prop for your ego.

But the arguments on both threads are not at par at all. You just strung a lot of illogical statements together backed up by little or no facts and presented it as a counter-offensive. A very bad one at that. Like someone said and like I thought previously one would think you were advocating for female promiscuity polyandry the way you went about it.

Better luck next time. smiley
Re: Are Women Designed To Seek Multiple Partners? by 5minsmadness: 3:57pm On Aug 03, 2015
LordReed:

Thanks smiley

Going by your argument I should even be out there "sowing and reaping" given that I have "proved" myself not so?
Why should you go out when you already have loving woman by your side? Or don't you have self control?
Re: Are Women Designed To Seek Multiple Partners? by LordReed(m): 3:58pm On Aug 03, 2015
5minsmadness:

Have u eaten this morning

What is polygamy if not a subset of marriage

So marriage is natural not a social construct?
Re: Are Women Designed To Seek Multiple Partners? by TV01(m): 3:58pm On Aug 03, 2015
LordReed:
I am not arguing for or against polygamy of any form
Which is probably where I think you're slightly off-track. It's not quite clear that you are not arguing for polyandry/promiscuity, and in any event, I think your best tack would have been to argue against polygamy/promiscuity as a whole - for either sex.

LordReed:
I am arguing against the vilification of women with multiple partners in the light of people saying it is acceptable for men.
Thats's not what it sounds like - to me anyway. It appears you are arguing that women are functionally equally capable of polygamy/promiscuity. And this is further evidenced by your "arguing against the villification", not against the act they're being villified for.

If exposing "hypocrisy" was your aim, I think you'd have been best served adopting a different tack. Not least because, like I said, Njokusboy has presented what I feel is a tighter argument defending the thing you hate - even if not the hypocrisy of it - from your own position.

At least you've got the women all excited grin!

TV

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How To Be A Good Daughter-in-law / Why Are You Not Married (28+ Men Only)? / Can Good Intimacy Actually Cures Marital Crises Between Couples?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.