Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,059 members, 7,818,173 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:28 AM

Any Problem With Your Phone? ASK Any Questions Here - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Any Problem With Your Phone? ASK Any Questions Here (13383 Views)

All Windows Phones: Have Issues With Your Phone? Ask Or Seek Solutions Here / Is There An Issue With Ur Phone? Ask A Geek And Get Help / Three Uses For Your Phone's Camera That Don't Involve Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any Problem With Your Phone? ASK Any Questions Here by Judek2(m): 8:26am On Aug 29, 2015
How can I make link2sd to find the second partition I created on my SD CARD.. I have low memory on my internal memory and I want to link my phone to Sdcard but I can't. It still shows second partition not found.
Re: Any Problem With Your Phone? ASK Any Questions Here by xaliujokes(m): 8:44am On Aug 29, 2015
mazeltov:
thank you for creating this wonderful topic. I have got many questions to ask concerning my samsum galaxy note 4. (1) if I download applications with my airtel sim, they won't install, please what is the way out? (2) my internal storage is full and I want to move some apps to my sd card but i dnt like rooting. (3) does it mean that upgrading phone OS will increase my internal storage? (4) what is the meaning of Custom Rom? Please I need reply Asap!! Thanks once again and happy sunday bro!!

Mr Mazeltov,

Custom ROMs ar ROMs you customize to you own taste different from the ROM your phone came with
E.g. I can change the looks and interface of my Tecno F7 to look like a Samsung and operate like Samsung. But to do this, you would have to look for Clockworkmod Recovery Image for your device online you can check here for more http://www.xaliuarena.com/2014/08/clockworkmod-cwm-for-tecno-phones.html

This Clockworkmod Recovery Image helps you to back up your ROM, incase you Brick your phone.
Brick means crashing down your phone due to a corrupt system file usually your stock image file.

Stock Image File is that recovery image, the image here is responsible for the boot up, of your Android Device, built-in permanently for your device.
http://www.xaliuarena.com/search/label/Rom

Stock ROM is that ROM built-in my your phone manufacturer. Usually the same in all phone of that model.

There are so. Many ROMs on the Internet created for a particular device eg htc custom rom for Tecno H6. That is to say you can install htc rom on your Tecno H6 phone. So be careful bcus every custom rom is designed for use on a particular phone. This can only be done wen you have Clockworkmod.

You can check and delete what is Taking up your Space by using this strong and Usefull app. Click on the link below

http://www.xaliuarena.com/2015/08/how-to-see-what-is-taking-up-your-space.html
Re: Any Problem With Your Phone? ASK Any Questions Here by Judek2(m): 1:14pm On Aug 29, 2015
SuperSU and superuser refused to install in my phone. It started this morning.. I deleted the old one and it could not install again, but other apps and games installs well.. Please help.
Bs . I have 2.6gb space on my internal memory.

Re: Any Problem With Your Phone? ASK Any Questions Here by Nobody: 4:23pm On Aug 29, 2015
I recently upgraded my z30 from 10.2 to 10.3. since then I can't see some of the icons like "Media". the memory card is intact and from setting it's shows that it's contents are OK but without the media icon I can't access the files on them. how do I fix this? other icons like video, music, radio are missing too...
Re: Any Problem With Your Phone? ASK Any Questions Here by xaliujokes(m): 7:33pm On Aug 29, 2015
Judek2:
SuperSU and superuser refused to install in my phone. It started this morning.. I deleted the old one and it could not install again, but other apps and games installs well.. Please help.
Bs . I have 2.6gb space on my internal memory.

Mr. Judek2,
Try to install other Superuser application like king user, if it still not working

Try to install memory Map, check this link

If after all this, you still did not solve your problem just reboot and try re rooting.

Thanks
Re: Any Problem With Your Phone? ASK Any Questions Here by xaliujokes(m): 7:56pm On Aug 29, 2015
Prixus:
I recently upgraded my z30 from 10.2 to 10.3. since then I can't see some of the icons like "Media". the memory card is intact and from setting it's shows that it's contents are OK but without the media icon I can't access the files on them. how do I fix this? other icons like video, music, radio are missing too...

Mr. Prixus

This was what worked out for me...

Go To:
Menu - OPTIONS
THEME
Highlight the affected Theme and make sure it is ACTIVE
Menu - RESET THEME DEFAULTS

Visit www.xaliuarena.com for more.
Re: Any Problem With Your Phone? ASK Any Questions Here by markpeakson(m): 8:12pm On Aug 29, 2015
pls. help me. my z10 charger has spoiled my phone. when. I was charging it d screen turn to blue for d first. time. I reset d phone. and it work normal but yesterday d screen also show blue colour as well when I was charging it but the phone did nt boot again. only d red indicator light will show when I insert d ba3. my ogas please help me out
Re: Any Problem With Your Phone? ASK Any Questions Here by xaliujokes(m): 8:20pm On Aug 29, 2015
Judek2:

How can I make link2sd to find the second partition I created on my SD CARD.. I have low memory on my internal memory and I want to link my phone to Sdcard but I can't. It still shows second partition not found.

First you have to download Mini Tool Partition Wizard Manager.
Insert your SD card to a card reader and open it on your computer.

Back up all your files to the computer because partitioning will wipe your data.
Open Mini Tool in your computer. Locate your SD card (be careful in choosing and make sure not to choose the drive of your computer)

Right click and choose Delete.
Right click on it again and choose Create New. Create “FAT32″ partition (This is where all your media files will go. Be sure to make it bigger than the 2nd part)
Select “Create as: PRIMARY”
Next, create an ext2/ext3/ext4 partition (if you’re on stock ROM, choose ext2).

This is where your apps will go. I suggest a value of 512Mb or 1Gb would be big enough but if you insist you can go as high as 2Gb.
Select “Create As: PRIMARY” (make sure that it is both set to primary because it will not work if it is not set to primary)
Click the “Apply” button on the top left corner and wait for it to finish the process. Done.
Put back your SD card to your phone and switch it on.
Download and install Link2sd from Google Play Store.
Open Link2sd. You will be prompted to choose between ext2, ext3, ext4 and FAT32. Select ext2.
It will say mount script created. Reboot your phone now.
Open link2sd and if the message doesn’t show up, you succeded.
Go to Link2sd>Settings>check the autolink (to automatically move apps upon installation)
If you already have some apps, select “move to phone” then after moving select “Create Link” (be sure to check the three files: app, dalvic-cache and library files)

To check your memory, select “Storage Info”. This will show you the current state of your internal memory, FAT32, and ext2 partition.
Now you’re done and ready to install vast amount of applications as you wish!
Re: Any Problem With Your Phone? ASK Any Questions Here by yhemini: 8:30pm On Aug 29, 2015
Hello pls I need I ur help with my phone. I use an Infinix Hot Note and just yesterday through the help of my friend I upgraded from 4.4 kitkat to Lollipop 5.1.

For the 1st 5hrs after d upgrade everything was going on fine but I started noticing dis incident later in d day. When I hold down d home key to switch in btw apps it will not go. Message will be "Unfortunately, System UI has stopped" . And after like 1 secs it locks d phone and takes me back to home page where I need to insert my PIN to access my fone again and continue what am doing. It doesnt close whatever am working on though.

Pls note that every other thing works fine I only av dis problem when I have to switch between apps while holding down d home bottom.

Find attached d screen shot of d mssg

Pls assist, thanks.

Re: Any Problem With Your Phone? ASK Any Questions Here by xaliujokes(m): 8:55pm On Aug 29, 2015
yhemini:
Hello pls I need I ur help with my phone. I use an Infinix Hot Note and just yesterday through the help of my friend I upgraded from 4.4 kitkat to Lollipop 5.1.

For the 1st 5hrs after d upgrade everything was going on fine but I started noticing dis incident later in d day. When I hold down d home key to switch in btw apps it will not go. Message will be "Unfortunately, System UI has stopped" . And after like 1 secs it locks d phone and takes me back to home page where I need to insert my PIN to access my fone again and continue what am doing. It doesnt close whatever am working on though.

Pls note that every other thing works fine I only av dis problem when I have to switch between apps while holding down d home bottom.

Pls assist, thanks.

Open your device
-Go to settings
-Go to application manager
-Go to System UI
-Tap on this option
-Select the option to clear cache and clear data

This will help you to be able to get rid of the error on your device.
Re: Any Problem With Your Phone? ASK Any Questions Here by Desdola(m): 9:58pm On Aug 29, 2015
simple server is not working on my htc desire. please help
Re: Any Problem With Your Phone? ASK Any Questions Here by xezoid(m): 10:23pm On Aug 29, 2015
sir,I just got the new infinix hot 2 and tried subscribing a1 to 131 4 1 GB at d cost of n500 bt I got an error msg,is it possible dat my imei has been tampered with?and what do I do?I bought the phone on jumia

Re: Any Problem With Your Phone? ASK Any Questions Here by xaliujokes(m): 7:48am On Aug 30, 2015
xezoid:
sir,I just got the new infinix hot 2 and tried subscribing a1 to 131 4 1 GB at d cost of n500 bt I got an error msg,is it possible dat my imei has been tampered with?and what do I do?I bought the phone on jumia

It is possible that your imei must have bin used for another device.

Am sorry deres nothing you can do
Re: Any Problem With Your Phone? ASK Any Questions Here by xaliujokes(m): 7:52am On Aug 30, 2015
Desdola:
simple server is not working on my htc desire. please help

Try to find out if your device is rooted
Try to Root your device here

http://www.xaliuarena.com/2014/09/how-to-root-your-android-device-using.html?m=1
Re: Any Problem With Your Phone? ASK Any Questions Here by Judek2(m): 9:32pm On Aug 30, 2015
xaliujokes:

Mr. Judek2,
Try to install other Superuser application like king user, if it still not working

Try to install memory Map, check this link

If after all this, you still did not solve your problem just reboot and try re rooting.

Thanks

This is a big problem.. That memory map can't be installed too. Kingroot , superuser, superSU can't install too, but other applications can install.
I have 1.4gb free internal memory so I don't know why this is happening.

About re rooting, I can't install superuser or superSU, so I don't know how I can unroot and then reroot.

Re: Any Problem With Your Phone? ASK Any Questions Here by Judek2(m): 9:59pm On Aug 30, 2015
xaliujokes:

First you have to download Mini Tool Partition Wizard Manager.
Insert your SD card to a card reader and open it on your computer.

Back up all your files to the computer because partitioning will wipe your data.
Open Mini Tool in your computer. Locate your SD card (be careful in choosing and make sure not to choose the drive of your computer)

Right click and choose Delete.
Right click on it again and choose Create New. Create “FAT32″ partition (This is where all your media files will go. Be sure to make it bigger than the 2nd part)
Select “Create as: PRIMARY”
Next, create an ext2/ext3/ext4 partition (if you’re on stock ROM, choose ext2).

This is where your apps will go. I suggest a value of 512Mb or 1Gb would be big enough but if you insist you can go as high as 2Gb.
Select “Create As: PRIMARY” (make sure that it is both set to primary because it will not work if it is not set to primary)
Click the “Apply” button on the top left corner and wait for it to finish the process. Done.
Put back your SD card to your phone and switch it on.
Download and install Link2sd from Google Play Store.
Open Link2sd. You will be prompted to choose between ext2, ext3, ext4 and FAT32. Select ext2.
It will say mount script created. Reboot your phone now.
Open link2sd and if the message doesn’t show up, you succeded.
Go to Link2sd>Settings>check the autolink (to automatically move apps upon installation)
If you already have some apps, select “move to phone” then after moving select “Create Link” (be sure to check the three files: app, dalvic-cache and library files)

To check your memory, select “Storage Info”. This will show you the current state of your internal memory, FAT32, and ext2 partition.
Now you’re done and ready to install vast amount of applications as you wish!

I have partitioned my sdcard, the problem is, after I opened link2sd and granted root access, it won't show me the options to select Ext2, est3 etc. And when I enter the memory page, it shows second partition not found.

I updated to link2sd plus but still nothing.. I downloaded a new superuser, it won't install, the old one which I backed up can't install too..

It's like I have a massive problem facing me.
Re: Any Problem With Your Phone? ASK Any Questions Here by Carlcaresophia: 9:36am On Sep 02, 2015
yhemini:

Pls assist, thanks.
Hi Yhemini, about this problem, we suggest you take your phone, together with your receipt or warranty card, to our Carlcare Service Center, our technicians there will try to help you with it. If you need us send your address and hotline of our service center, please let us know the city and state you are living in now. Thank you!
Re: Any Problem With Your Phone? ASK Any Questions Here by xaliujokes(m): 10:15am On Sep 02, 2015
Judek2:

I have partitioned my sdcard, the problem is, after I opened link2sd and granted root access, it won't show me the options to select Ext2, est3 etc. And when I enter the memory page, it shows second partition not found.

I updated to link2sd plus but still nothing.. I downloaded a new superuser, it won't install, the old one which I backed up can't install too..

It's like I have a massive problem facing me.

Try formatting your SD card and repartion it happens like that , my fone i had to partion it twice b4 it cud work
Re: Any Problem With Your Phone? ASK Any Questions Here by xaliujokes(m): 10:20am On Sep 02, 2015
Judek2:

This is a big problem.. That memory map can't be installed too. Kingroot , superuser, superSU can't install too, but other applications can install.
I have 1.4gb free internal memory so I don't know why this is happening.

About re rooting, I can't install superuser or superSU, so I don't know how I can unroot and then reroot.

All you need to do now is to Factory reset your Phone by swithing off, pressing power botton + up volume key thats all

Visit www.xaliuarena.com or pls Like our Facebook Page

www.facebook.com/xaliuarena
Re: Any Problem With Your Phone? ASK Any Questions Here by Billyzone4: 11:57am On Sep 02, 2015
xaliujokes:

All you need to do now is to Factory reset your Phone by swithing off, pressing power botton + up volume key thats all

Visit www.xaliuarena.com or pls Like our Facebook Page

www.facebook.com/xaliuarena
pls to use nexus devices in nigeria must i buy the unlocked one or i can just buy anyone on order because i am planning on buy the new nexus 5 2015(2nd gen). pls explain to me. if i then succed in getting it can i use etisalat and mtn bis on it without root? awaiting your quick reply. Thank You.
Re: Any Problem With Your Phone? ASK Any Questions Here by xaliujokes(m): 12:09pm On Sep 02, 2015
Billyzone4:

pls to use nexus devices in nigeria must i buy the unlocked one or i can just buy anyone on order because i am planning on buy the new nexus 5 2015(2nd gen). pls explain to me. if i then succed in getting it can i use etisalat and mtn bis on it without root? awaiting your quick reply. Thank You.

firstly its not an MTK device so u would not be able to use
GLO 3G @N1000 now working on Android By Changing your IMEI,
http://www.xaliuarena.com/2014/06/glo-3g-n1000-now-working-on-android-by.html

Secondly, to use etisalat and mtn bis you would need to root your Nexus, to enjoy it through simple server
Re: Any Problem With Your Phone? ASK Any Questions Here by Hazheez: 12:21pm On Sep 02, 2015
xaliujokes:
Any Problem with your Phone? ASK any Questions Here

If you have any questions with your Phone be it an Andriod, Blackberry, Nokia or any other phones

Use the Comment Box to State out your Problems our Tech Guru would Reply you ASAP!!! start Asking

Or visit the website www.xaliuarena.com
pls @xaliu i want to get a new android phone,,,,nd i need phones dat wud be getting d latest android OS updates,,,,,,,,,apart frm googles nexus,,,,,wch other fone used to get lates Updates
Re: Any Problem With Your Phone? ASK Any Questions Here by Billyzone4: 12:23pm On Sep 02, 2015
xaliujokes:

firstly its not an MTK device so u would not be able to use
GLO 3G @N1000 now working on Android By Changing your IMEI,
http://www.xaliuarena.com/2014/06/glo-3g-n1000-now-working-on-android-by.html

Secondly, to use etisalat and mtn bis you would need to root your Nexus, to enjoy it through simple server
rooting..... i could root it but am not into imei tweaking is there no way of using etisalat bis or any cheats without rooting. And You DiDNt answer my question on the nexus .
awaiting your quick reply.
Re: Any Problem With Your Phone? ASK Any Questions Here by Mentcee(m): 1:09pm On Sep 02, 2015
i stored my blackberry contacts in .ipd format and now want to retrieve them and move them to my windows phone
ie Lumia. most online software are not responding or paid for in dollars. the idea of sending in via outlook is very difficult and very unreliable. is there any help you can render?
Re: Any Problem With Your Phone? ASK Any Questions Here by CODEEATER(m): 1:12pm On Sep 02, 2015
xezoid:

Bro its A1, NOT AONE
Re: Any Problem With Your Phone? ASK Any Questions Here by queenfav(f): 2:07pm On Sep 02, 2015
Good morning..my cubetalk 9x tablet goes off
randomly.I have done factory reset,even went
into recovery mode to wipe cache..The memory
is not full and I have a very functional antivirus
cm security.please what could be the cause and
possible solutions.It happens at times when am charging the phone and using it.I ise a blackberry playbook charger.Help please!!!
Re: Any Problem With Your Phone? ASK Any Questions Here by xaliujokes(m): 9:41pm On Sep 03, 2015
queenfav:
Good morning..my cubetalk 9x tablet goes off
randomly.I have done factory reset,even went
into recovery mode to wipe cache..The memory
is not full and I have a very functional antivirus
cm security.please what could be the cause and
possible solutions.It happens at times when am charging the phone and using it.I ise a blackberry playbook charger.Help please!!!

It has to do with your battery, try replacing my frnd had similar problem.
Re: Any Problem With Your Phone? ASK Any Questions Here by rapthugx(m): 11:29am On Sep 05, 2015
Thanks OP you are doing a great work here. I have a problem with my tecno F7 when it is plugged with charger, it shows "battery charging" but it will not charge. Secondly, some keys like "P" and "Delete" don't work. It all started when it feel down. I hv taken it for repair yet no good news. Note the screen is in a perfect condition. Pls how can you help me.
Re: Any Problem With Your Phone? ASK Any Questions Here by xaliujokes(m): 9:30pm On Sep 05, 2015
rapthugx:
Thanks OP you are doing a great work here. I have a problem with my tecno F7 when it is plugged with charger, it shows "battery charging" but it will not charge. Secondly, some keys like "P" and "Delete" don't work. It all started when it feel down. I hv taken it for repair yet no good news. Note the screen is in a perfect condition. Pls how can you help me.

F7 always get charging port problem. So tke it to an engineer to change the charging port.

Secondly, the P n d Delete dat don't wrk well is a fault from your calibrator, u need to tke it to an engineer to open the calibrator to see if there any crashes or better still change the calibrator.

That would help.
Re: Any Problem With Your Phone? ASK Any Questions Here by Carlcaresophia: 8:40am On Sep 06, 2015
rapthugx:
Hello, as for the problem you mentioned,you can take your phone to our Carlcare Service Center, our technicians there will try to help you with it. If you need us send your address and hotline of our service center, please let us know the city and state you are living in now. Thank you!
Re: Any Problem With Your Phone? ASK Any Questions Here by moski5(m): 11:22am On Sep 06, 2015
hi I was asked to download dccrap to Unlock my huawei phone y220 hinged to a particular network d sim 1

after searching n downloading d one I found cannot Unlock it. who will pls send me one that will work on huawei y220 Thanks hildash2@gmail.com or if theres another alternative Reply

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What & What Not To Do When Your Smartphone Falls Into Water / Etisalat Chat Pack Auto Renewal Cant Stop It, Why? / New MTN Wow Weekend Data Bonus!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.