Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,616 members, 7,823,691 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:27 PM

Anambra Governor, Obiano Increases Salary Of State Workers By 15% - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra Governor, Obiano Increases Salary Of State Workers By 15% (22617 Views)

Handover Of Agulu Lake Hotel To Golden Tulip By Anambra Governor Obiano (Photos) / See Governor Obiano's "Stylish" Handshake That Has Got People Talking. Photos / Numbers Of Federal Workers By State Of Origin-- Bureau Of Public Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra Governor, Obiano Increases Salary Of State Workers By 15% by christinie(f): 5:09pm On Jul 31, 2015
That's my able Governor. I got nothing but love and respect for you sir!!!

4 Likes

Re: Anambra Governor, Obiano Increases Salary Of State Workers By 15% by zubby29(m): 5:13pm On Jul 31, 2015
u need to visit anambra to understand wat is happening der.i was der a month ago.dat man and obi did and are doing a good job

9 Likes

Re: Anambra Governor, Obiano Increases Salary Of State Workers By 15% by eaglechild: 5:20pm On Jul 31, 2015
kross01:
As much as this is a welcome development from my guvnor, i'ld love to remind him that he is able to make this move simply because we had a very disciplined guvnor who handed over to him in the person of peter Obi (okwute ndi igbo), the man who saw tomorrow. Please willie, save more and spend less cos the rains for which Obi saved for have not even started yet, it is only drizzling now.
You are partially right.
Obi's legacy was the springboard.

However, if you listened to Obiano yesterday on channels you will realise that Obiano has been able to raise the state's IGR from 500million to 1.1billion a month.
That is the basis for the salary increase.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Governor, Obiano Increases Salary Of State Workers By 15% by hardeniji(m): 5:21pm On Jul 31, 2015
Idiataqueen:
hun?

wetin shuk ya mouth
Re: Anambra Governor, Obiano Increases Salary Of State Workers By 15% by Tex42(m): 5:22pm On Jul 31, 2015
liberty300:
Mehn.. 3 shopping malls, major road projects, construction of a new city all at the same time and this man still manages to increase salaries and pay them on time? Chai!!! Is he a magician?
What do u expect from an economist, a technocrat...

Willie is Working!

Rep Anambra state(my dear state)

6 Likes

Re: Anambra Governor, Obiano Increases Salary Of State Workers By 15% by caprini1: 5:24pm On Jul 31, 2015
liberty300:
Mehn.. 3 shopping malls, major road projects, construction of a new city all at the same time and this man still manages to increase salaries and pay them on time? Chai!!! Is he a magician?
Abeg the mall at Nkwo Nnewi should be done sharp sharp...akulue uno investments on my mind grin

7 Likes

Re: Anambra Governor, Obiano Increases Salary Of State Workers By 15% by caprini1: 5:26pm On Jul 31, 2015
zubby29:
u need to visit anambra to understand wat is happening der.i was der a month ago.dat man and obi did and are doing a good job
seconded!....and to think there was a time nothing was working in Anambra....there is hope for Nigeria then!

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Governor, Obiano Increases Salary Of State Workers By 15% by kross01(m): 5:31pm On Jul 31, 2015
eaglechild:

You are partially right.
Obi's legacy was the springboard.

However, if you listened to Obiano yesterday on channels you will realise that Obiano has been able to raise the state's IGR from 500million to 1.1billion a month.
That is the basis for the salary increase.
Yes i didnt listen to the broadcast, and yes i still maintain my stand that the rainy days for which we were saving are yet to arrive hence i see this as a bit of a hasty step.as good as it is i believe he might subject his government to undue pressure in the nearest future if the economy continues with its nose dive
Re: Anambra Governor, Obiano Increases Salary Of State Workers By 15% by Humulity: 5:31pm On Jul 31, 2015
This is what you get when you have a Technocrat as a leader and not greedy Politicians. Very realistic increment 15% and not saying 50% or 100% and will start owing salary. The noble thing about this is that it did not come with pressure from labour union. More noble when most state who even receive higher allocation with less workforce than Anambra are owing salary. This show’s that the Obiano has really consolidated on the gains legacy of Peter Obi.
Any sincere state governor can equally achieve same, till then let Governor Willie Obiano continue receiving all the accolade.
Long live Anambra State!
Long live Nigeria!!
God bless us all!!!

9 Likes

Re: Anambra Governor, Obiano Increases Salary Of State Workers By 15% by otokx(m): 5:35pm On Jul 31, 2015
Obiano is spending the money Peter Obi saved by increasing workers salary instead of making sure all roads in Anambra are tarred and without Pot Holes.
Re: Anambra Governor, Obiano Increases Salary Of State Workers By 15% by sunsewa: 5:35pm On Jul 31, 2015
Peter Obi is a genius in finance management, he delivered, and still left a heathy purse to the state, vultures like Umeh was on his neck during his tenure,calling him super glue governor, due to his strictness on resources and not adhering to financial jamboree, throwback to early 2000 who will ever imagine such positive news coming from Anambra of all States, all thanks to Peter Obi,the present Governor Obiano on his part is also an achiever,making things to happen,by keeping the pace of development, and creating more innovations thereby putting the state on more development infrastructures.

7 Likes

Re: Anambra Governor, Obiano Increases Salary Of State Workers By 15% by poseidon12: 5:38pm On Jul 31, 2015
Keep up the good work you are doing, able governor. I was in Onitsha recently and was impressed by the facelift. Onitsha has become a much cleaner and more orderly town. The rural areas are not neglected. Anambra State has been lucky to have Peter Obi and then Obiano as governors.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Governor, Obiano Increases Salary Of State Workers By 15% by Raymie(m): 5:40pm On Jul 31, 2015
As much as this seems like a good move towards the benefit of civil servants in the state, I won't applaud such a gesture in the light of present realities. For someone coming from his line of business, he should concern himself with locking up funds for the state rather than seeking out means to spend same. My opinion tho.
Re: Anambra Governor, Obiano Increases Salary Of State Workers By 15% by CORRECTMAN78(m): 5:42pm On Jul 31, 2015
When the heaven sent is in power, the masses rejoice. But when the evil genius like Aregbesola, Okorocha, Osho and their likes(PDP governors inclusive), the masses suffers. APGA, teaching good governance to the pharaohs' of Egypt(PDP) and their terroist counterpacts(APC); a rogue gallery, the anarchist, oppressors of the highest order who wail more than their prey, the propagandry(all their dividend of democracy starts and ends on news paper).

Governor Obianno will be the first President of Biafra when Biafra regains her sovereingty.

9 Likes

Re: Anambra Governor, Obiano Increases Salary Of State Workers By 15% by biafranqueen: 5:43pm On Jul 31, 2015
BeeBeeOoh:
Anambra teaches other states how 2b independent, we ain't oyel producing state yet we keep going higher beyond other state's imagination...

Proudly A Biafra

Proudly A Chest Beater

[size=18pt]Proudly Anambrarian[/size]

[size=24pt]God Bless Willie Obiano[/size]
yesoooooooooo!!!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Governor, Obiano Increases Salary Of State Workers By 15% by Franchise21(m): 5:46pm On Jul 31, 2015
That's my State Governor doing wat he knws hw to do best. Anambra adigo mma

6 Likes

Re: Anambra Governor, Obiano Increases Salary Of State Workers By 15% by Tex42(m): 5:48pm On Jul 31, 2015
That moment when Osun, Imo, Edo state, etc civil servants wished they were employees of the Anambra state government...

9 Likes

Re: Anambra Governor, Obiano Increases Salary Of State Workers By 15% by aviazuva: 5:51pm On Jul 31, 2015
Akpokuo Dike Aguleriiii
AVIAZUVAKENE

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Governor, Obiano Increases Salary Of State Workers By 15% by millionaireman: 5:51pm On Jul 31, 2015
They are also irresponsible the governors who scrape too many roads in their states and abandon them for years without completion.

They are also irresponsible the governors who ruin youths sports complexes in their states and abandon them for years without any alternative.

They are also irresponsible the governors who indirectly tell their citizens to dig private boreholes to supply themselves water.

Great if Barack Obama had shaken hands with Gov. Obiano!!!

4 Likes

Re: Anambra Governor, Obiano Increases Salary Of State Workers By 15% by PAINGAIN: 5:56pm On Jul 31, 2015
Feraz:
Please, can I see a link to the above? I need to be updated on what's happening in Anambra state.
go to politics section there is Anambra thread there. Check it out.
Re: Anambra Governor, Obiano Increases Salary Of State Workers By 15% by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jul 31, 2015
Other GOVERNORS should learn from this...

Others are BUSY reducing SALARIES, while this one is busy Improving welfare.

Others Ntoooohh

1 Like

Re: Anambra Governor, Obiano Increases Salary Of State Workers By 15% by poseidon12: 6:06pm On Jul 31, 2015
echelons:
Credit should also go to Peter Obi for handing over the state in strong financial status to Willie.
He left about 75B in cash and investment, this is even after the retinue of achievements he recorded as governor.
That is what you get when you have ppl who understand what is needed to be done than ppl who play to the gallery.
I wonder how Anambra would have faired if Ngige had succeeded in clinching to the stolen mandate of Peter. (God forbid ).
Willie should continue the good works. The ground has been watered for him.
Anambra Adigo mma, nye aka ka o diwanye mma.
APGA - Onye ahana nwanne ya.

On point. Peter Obi laid a good foundation and picked an able and responsible man to succeed him.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Governor, Obiano Increases Salary Of State Workers By 15% by francizy(m): 6:06pm On Jul 31, 2015
XBLadez:
Shame on Roach ass!

Hehehehehe, that man rochASS, the god of shachris, beremx and abagoro should come and learn good governance from Obiano.. smiley smiley cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Anambra Governor, Obiano Increases Salary Of State Workers By 15% by Tex42(m): 6:25pm On Jul 31, 2015
otokx:
Obiano is spending the money Peter Obi saved by increasing workers salary instead of making sure all roads in Anambra are tarred and without Pot Holes.
When last did u visit Anambra state that u're talking of getting roads tarred, is Obiano going to tar all the roads in Anambra state in one night?.... Your answer ur headache.

Pls people should stop this "he is spending the money Peter Obi saved/left behind, how much did Peter Obi even leave that we are talking about here... Willie just increased the state’s IGR to N1.1bn from N500m. Do u know the number of multi-million naira projects going on simultaneously in the state? and u think all these projects are being executed with Obi's savings, pls give Willie a break and give him some credit ok!

Agreed, Obi did a good job and laid the foundation, but that doesn't negate the fact that Willie is truly and prudently working.

God bless Anambra state!

5 Likes

Re: Anambra Governor, Obiano Increases Salary Of State Workers By 15% by kossyablaze(m): 6:31pm On Jul 31, 2015
kennygee:
As long as he does not owe them for a year o.
how u dey jare!

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anambra Governor, Obiano Increases Salary Of State Workers By 15% by jlinkd78(m): 6:38pm On Jul 31, 2015
Anambra is really blessed with good governance since d days Gov Ngige destroyed d hold of godfatherism to Okwute Gov Obi n now to Obiano. Its even more surprising how they achieve all these as they are very down d ladder on federation allocation, not even on nddc nor 13% derivation but cud be doing things that even my Imo Rochas cant achieve. Most roads in Anambra are at diff degrees of completion. Some states are threatening dia workers with sack over unpaid salaries but here not only is he not owing but appreciating them with incentive of 15%.
Re: Anambra Governor, Obiano Increases Salary Of State Workers By 15% by maximilian19(m): 6:40pm On Jul 31, 2015
nnachukz:
Good. Osun, Imo, Edo etc governors should learn from this great man. Not just pay their workers but increase the pay.

pay ke, did imo told dem he will pay Edo no get it for agenda now, the funny tyn is that anambra, rivers and abia am sure are increasing salary pay to their workers, while Edo, Imo and kaduna are counting down salaries by 50%. WHICH CHANGE DO U WANT!!!
Re: Anambra Governor, Obiano Increases Salary Of State Workers By 15% by Kingspin(m): 7:00pm On Jul 31, 2015
Stop saying that true federalism or the national confab is a waste lazy people of Nigeria. The Independent of states will automatically boost the economic power of the federation. Support Nigeria restructure today!
Re: Anambra Governor, Obiano Increases Salary Of State Workers By 15% by Lanceslot(m): 7:09pm On Jul 31, 2015
otokx:
Shut up.... Almost all roads in Anambra is tarred. The road to my hometown that has been abandoned for decades was built under his administration.
Willie Is Working.
Anambra Adigo mma.
Ogbaru Di Uso.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Governor, Obiano Increases Salary Of State Workers By 15% by macEDWIN(m): 7:23pm On Jul 31, 2015
imo state civil servants are on 5days warning strike which ended today let us see what will be next move since imo state government is saying the strike is politically motivated instead of paying the workers. Okoroacha Okorocha Okorocha how many times and the worst of its all the senior citizens he hasn't paid for the past 8months now.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Governor, Obiano Increases Salary Of State Workers By 15% by bejeria101(m): 7:28pm On Jul 31, 2015
Oga you try,pls dnt start what you cant finish o na beg o
Re: Anambra Governor, Obiano Increases Salary Of State Workers By 15% by Masterclass32: 7:46pm On Jul 31, 2015
Willie-holic!, abi na workaholic!

Willie is definitely working.

Anambra adigo mma!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ortom Honored After His Supreme Court Victory (Photos) / ‘none Of The Released Chibok Girls Was Sexually Abused’ / Osita Chidoka Picks Form For Anambra Governorship Elections - Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.