Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,413 members, 7,819,482 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:02 PM

1 Dollar = 1 Naira: Buhari Approves An Exchange Rate Of N160 To $1 - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 1 Dollar = 1 Naira: Buhari Approves An Exchange Rate Of N160 To $1 (76681 Views)

I Was Overthrown In 1984 For Refusing To Devalue The Naira – Buhari / I Won’t Devalue Naira, Buhari Insists / Blame IBB For The Weak Naira-buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 1 Dollar = 1 Naira: Buhari Approves An Exchange Rate Of N160 To $1 by RichDad1(m): 1:30pm On Jul 31, 2015
sanmibukunmi:

Hahahah oga o
Bro being literate most times abt thinking to know what is right or not not abt using english that u heard from sm1 smhere....

Now tell me how is Buhari's move in this article of economic significance to the Nigerian economy...

Calling u illiterate didn't mean u didn't go to skul, it means u failed to think like one who did.
But I cant seems to comprehend what you're saying here... undecided undecided undecided undecided

You know what, I didn't bother reading the article tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: 1 Dollar = 1 Naira: Buhari Approves An Exchange Rate Of N160 To $1 by sanmibukunmi: 1:30pm On Jul 31, 2015
RichDad1:

Mr Literate, i don talk my own, oya talk your own. angry angry angry angry
#addlepate I see you checking you dictionary for that? Yes you see who you really are? cheesy cheesy cheesy
Hahahah oga o
Bro being literate most is times abt thinking to know what is right or not, not abt using english that u heard from sm1 smhere....

Now tell me how is Buhari's move in this article of economic significance to the Nigerian economy...

Calling u illiterate didn't mean u didn't go to skul, it means u failed to think like one who did.
Re: 1 Dollar = 1 Naira: Buhari Approves An Exchange Rate Of N160 To $1 by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jul 31, 2015
eph12:

After you eat am sure you'll be able to read properly. Your problem is ordinary hunger undecided

Hahaha..dude...money no be problem cheesy
Re: 1 Dollar = 1 Naira: Buhari Approves An Exchange Rate Of N160 To $1 by Rexyl(m): 1:31pm On Jul 31, 2015
Forwetinnah:

Why didn't OBJ probe IBB? Answer now now? GEJ is weak. ...agreed!! Why did Buhari the Lion heart drop the Halibourton case Indicting Atiku and OBJ. Plenty rubbish talk on NL these days

Also names of those indicted for stealing and keeping money in foreign accounts by the US government should have been published.
Re: 1 Dollar = 1 Naira: Buhari Approves An Exchange Rate Of N160 To $1 by gagewonda(m): 1:31pm On Jul 31, 2015
Evathyst:
Someone should please direct me on how I can get to snake island. I've got a very important appointment there biko.
U WILL NEED TO COME TO TINCAN ISLAND PORT FIRST DEN FROM PTML BESIDES M.R.S DEPOT U WILL SEE THE GATE DAT LEADS TO WHERE THEY ENTER FERRY TO SNAKE ISLAND U WILL NEED A VALID I.D CARD THO
Re: 1 Dollar = 1 Naira: Buhari Approves An Exchange Rate Of N160 To $1 by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jul 31, 2015
omenka:
sounds like a car with a blown exhaust. cheesy

You got it bro grin
Re: 1 Dollar = 1 Naira: Buhari Approves An Exchange Rate Of N160 To $1 by Feraz(m): 1:31pm On Jul 31, 2015
Nigeria - a nation subsidising religion but cannot do the same for energy facilities, research centres and what not. Just irrelevant things and this is why we will continue to be backwards.
Re: 1 Dollar = 1 Naira: Buhari Approves An Exchange Rate Of N160 To $1 by Ephemmm: 1:31pm On Jul 31, 2015
[s]
fitzmayowa:
Waiting for APC e - warriors to tag this blunt truth as wailing...

From all indication its seems the government is confused, I wonder who advises PMB...SMH
[/s]

Thrash meant for dustbin
Re: 1 Dollar = 1 Naira: Buhari Approves An Exchange Rate Of N160 To $1 by fyxboss(m): 1:32pm On Jul 31, 2015
I was a Jonathanist and still but I'm now buying Buhari's ideas.... Operation recover stolen funds and rebuild Nigeria, probably if he had been president since when he first contested in 2003, this country would be great today... I believe Nigerians criticising him doesn't like good governance

3 Likes

Re: 1 Dollar = 1 Naira: Buhari Approves An Exchange Rate Of N160 To $1 by fitzmayowa: 1:33pm On Jul 31, 2015
kITATITA:

If it is not there, why the screaming headline. Why is it the main topic of discussion.

You should ask the OP that, and you should have also tried reading the article before quoting...
Re: 1 Dollar = 1 Naira: Buhari Approves An Exchange Rate Of N160 To $1 by CHIMEZIRIM5127: 1:34pm On Jul 31, 2015
Let's watch and see PMB and his naira and dollar equality bid
Re: 1 Dollar = 1 Naira: Buhari Approves An Exchange Rate Of N160 To $1 by fitzmayowa: 1:34pm On Jul 31, 2015
Ephemmm:
[s][/s]
Thrash meant for dustbin

Oga e - warrior sorry sir...cheesy
Re: 1 Dollar = 1 Naira: Buhari Approves An Exchange Rate Of N160 To $1 by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jul 31, 2015
kITATITA:

I am a Buhari supporter and NOT an APC supporter and I want to challenge you to produce any verbatim report or video where Buhari made the claims of making the naira at par with the dollar and get N100, 000. I've told you guys not to succumb to sensational reporting by lazy journalists but you continue to hurt your cognitive ability. THE ADMIN CAN MODERATE AND CONTACT ME IF YOU WIN

Obviously some people decided to make a fool of themselves. Even if a president will make $1= 1N must it be done within 2 months of coming in of a new government. These are coming from enemy of progress who doesn't know what an opposition should be doing
Re: 1 Dollar = 1 Naira: Buhari Approves An Exchange Rate Of N160 To $1 by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jul 31, 2015
fitzmayowa:

You should ask the OP that, and you should have also tried reading the article before quoting...

I read every word written there. The Op wanted to sell; wanted to use someone. I offered the challenge to the victim who surrendered his thinking faculty. The article is someone else's opinion; written to compel you to follow his line of thoughts and you've fallen.

1 Like

Re: 1 Dollar = 1 Naira: Buhari Approves An Exchange Rate Of N160 To $1 by kennyman2000(m): 1:37pm On Jul 31, 2015
eph12:

My oga any comment as regards the write up?

i didnt know u noticed my ignorance post.

I thought, its that buhari just gave the directive. Never knew, its a reference to the lower exchange rate for pilgrimage.

The thing tire me ooo... Just like one client comment ''Anyhow the exchange rate be, we go still dey do business''

Thats it my oga.. Thus, my conclusion is that, whichever way its, may God be giving us a way out.
Re: 1 Dollar = 1 Naira: Buhari Approves An Exchange Rate Of N160 To $1 by preetyb(f): 1:39pm On Jul 31, 2015
Buhari na Mr sabinus. and I hear say itk ( I too know) na e dey kill sabinus.
Re: 1 Dollar = 1 Naira: Buhari Approves An Exchange Rate Of N160 To $1 by fitzmayowa: 1:46pm On Jul 31, 2015
kITATITA:

I read every word written there. The Op wanted to sell; wanted to use someone. I offered the challenge to the victim who surrendered his thinking faculty. The article is someone else's opinion; written to compel you to follow his line of thoughts and you've fallen.

Did I hear you say fallen Did you get the logic of the article at all You know there is a difference between reading and understanding...

Well whatever, rocks your boat bro...

1 Like

Re: 1 Dollar = 1 Naira: Buhari Approves An Exchange Rate Of N160 To $1 by 9jatatafo(m): 1:47pm On Jul 31, 2015
Promises are meant to be broken!!! Sai Baba
Re: 1 Dollar = 1 Naira: Buhari Approves An Exchange Rate Of N160 To $1 by Toks2008(m): 1:50pm On Jul 31, 2015
defemidefemi:
just now this news don reach here, wailers are very close to the computer system.

lets be frank,the article make sense.
Re: 1 Dollar = 1 Naira: Buhari Approves An Exchange Rate Of N160 To $1 by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jul 31, 2015
Henceforth, Nigeria and Nigerians will not make me a talkative.
Re: 1 Dollar = 1 Naira: Buhari Approves An Exchange Rate Of N160 To $1 by Nobody: 1:54pm On Jul 31, 2015
e was thing that has ever happen to Nigeria since 1960. very sad.
Re: 1 Dollar = 1 Naira: Buhari Approves An Exchange Rate Of N160 To $1 by victoreltemur: 1:54pm On Jul 31, 2015
Bugatie:
That's what you get when you a campaign on big big talk and propaganda,

Make $1=#1
Pay unemployed youths and poor homes #5000 monthly,
Provide one meal per day for school children,
Create 720,000 jobs per annum,
etc.

It's two months down the line and Buhari is yet to get himself a functional govt.

That doesn't show a serious administration.
buhari nvr said He will do all these in two months,so pls dnt kill urself before u die!!!!

1 Like

Re: 1 Dollar = 1 Naira: Buhari Approves An Exchange Rate Of N160 To $1 by Nobody: 1:56pm On Jul 31, 2015
When moses went to the mountain to get the 10 commandments,
The isrealiates were inpatient so the told Aaron to get them something (god) to serve which he did,.
Before moses could come back, his people were already worshiping the idol.....u know the rest of the story.....

If we can learn from this, we have to exercise some patience .
Nig is a complex society with the good, bad and ugly.
We can only advise and pray for our leader that wat the bible said

1 Like

Re: 1 Dollar = 1 Naira: Buhari Approves An Exchange Rate Of N160 To $1 by Nobody: 1:56pm On Jul 31, 2015
Can this country put an end to pilgrimages?
Christian and Muslim alike...
God is Spirit, is everywhere
We do not need to go find Him...He dwells in us

He weeps when we waste money that should be used for the hungry masses, the horrible hospitals and bad schools on people who NEED these pilgrimages
lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: 1 Dollar = 1 Naira: Buhari Approves An Exchange Rate Of N160 To $1 by adconline(m): 1:57pm On Jul 31, 2015
Clueless leadership!
Re: 1 Dollar = 1 Naira: Buhari Approves An Exchange Rate Of N160 To $1 by watchindelta(m): 2:05pm On Jul 31, 2015
jst passing n saw
Re: 1 Dollar = 1 Naira: Buhari Approves An Exchange Rate Of N160 To $1 by Nobody: 2:06pm On Jul 31, 2015
ok... noted...
Re: 1 Dollar = 1 Naira: Buhari Approves An Exchange Rate Of N160 To $1 by pacino26(m): 2:07pm On Jul 31, 2015
nnafather:
Hahahahahaha...the Olodo is now a professor of Monetary Economics. Kikikikikikiki...chai! We don finish!!!!!! Nigeria is not a cow farm. Someone please call 911!!!!!!!

The number you're calling does not exist, pls check the number and call again. angry grin
Re: 1 Dollar = 1 Naira: Buhari Approves An Exchange Rate Of N160 To $1 by hansad: 2:08pm On Jul 31, 2015
Buhari approved the exchange rate for only pilgrims which of course are predominantly Muslims. Nigeria has become a laughable country.
Re: 1 Dollar = 1 Naira: Buhari Approves An Exchange Rate Of N160 To $1 by jinxet2000: 2:11pm On Jul 31, 2015
Think about this your statement and ask yourself how soon such promise would be realistic to get 1USD = N1. You think it is what you jut use calculator to punch or go to CBN and tell them oya make naira equal so so dollars. Understand that for the fact that Nigeria still imports refined fuel and pay in dollars, dollars will continue to be a precious currency and this will make it high to purchase. Let me site a simple case to you to understand naira and dollar. If you go to a market square and raise a dollar up for auction people will bid and bid and bid to the point you may have somebody biding 300naira because the dollar currency has a very high purchasing power but let us say that we refine our crude and use our own products made in naija, same person will raise the dollar in the market and people will turn away and you may just have one or two person bidding 50-100naira. This is how the naira is devalued.
The question is how much imported items do you use? how can we improve refining oil in nigeria? how much do you travel abroad? the first and second questions are the reasons naira is so devalued. Now, how has the economy played out so far? I heard that warri and PHC refineries have started producing at a low output meaning it will increase with time. Power is improving i trust and will increase local manufacturing. All these gives good idea where we are heading. The question for you is what are you doing to get yourself prepared for this transformation/change? Would you harness your talent or keep updating your CV to work in one company or the other? everybody has a role to play in Nigeria.
Re: 1 Dollar = 1 Naira: Buhari Approves An Exchange Rate Of N160 To $1 by Forwetinnah: 2:14pm On Jul 31, 2015
Rexyl:

Also names of those indicted for stealing and keeping money in foreign accounts by the US government should have been published.

A US official has refuted that claim though and even challenged Oshiomole to name the US official who told him about the list and Ministers. The APC can lie!! The US has already warned that they shouldn't be dragged into our Domestic politics. Too little too late though, they got themselves neck deep already. That gist was just a Propaganda gone wrong, Oshiomole being the daft that he is helped in spreading it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Questions Ekweremadu, Saraki, Melaye Asked Magu Before Rejecting Him / Thunderstorm: Fulani Herdsmen Flee Osun At Night (Photos) / Pictures From President Bola Tinubu First Security Meeting With Service Chiefs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.