Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,758 members, 7,809,922 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:12 PM

Is Nairaland Too Harsh On Foreign Posters? - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Is Nairaland Too Harsh On Foreign Posters? (2065 Views)

Serves Her Right! Or Too Harsh? / How Harsh Is The Harmattan Weather In Your State? / Imagine Reasons Why They Ban You On Nairaland, Too Authoritative. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Nairaland Too Harsh On Foreign Posters? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 1:45am On Apr 14, 2009
is that garbage your papa language? oh yea you dont even know him  cheesy
Re: Is Nairaland Too Harsh On Foreign Posters? by Nobody: 2:49am On Apr 14, 2009
Why did u bolden just 'equal' and ignore the 'at least' that preceded it?

'More' means 'greater than', at least means 'greater than or equal to'.
It's no contradiction. The statement 'at least equal, if not fairer' is just to introduce some mildness. In no way does it contradict my earlier categorical opinion that NL is not harsh at all on foreigners.
Still contradicting.
Do you know what equality means?

No no, there's no mildness.

Anywaz, the thought that some Nigerians still respect others based on their international status is just absolutely mind boggling.
Re: Is Nairaland Too Harsh On Foreign Posters? by Gabry(f): 3:26am On Apr 14, 2009
epi:

but Gabby, de dutty foot Nijah yard fowl seh mi a cayon, so mekk nuh ask she. she seems to nuh more dan mi. grin grin grin

mi nuh have time fi her, so mekk mi go back to the topik. mi have a rep to keep just in case mi mekk it to the top. naah go mekk dem kind pull me down, yuh hear. . . .seen and heard. Irie. T'is like this, chicken little (me) don't mess with YARD FOWL (it) grin grin

she ask who cares yet she still pon mi case. . . .rhatid eh?

you can converse wid her cuz chickens don't mingle with yard fowls. is like dat, serious ting

blessed nite 2 yuh

1love

LMAO!!!  grin   grin

Why do I feel like you speak in Chinko language now? lol  grin  grin  grin

Ok, hope you are right jor cause If I found out you are Cayon, I will catch you well well ooo  angry  tongue
Re: Is Nairaland Too Harsh On Foreign Posters? by Gabry(f): 3:28am On Apr 14, 2009
*Toyinrayo:

Still contradicting.
Do you know what equality means?

No no, there's no mildness.

Anywaz, the thought that some Nigerians still respect others based on their international status is just absolutely mind boggling.

I know you love me baby gurl grin cheesy
Re: Is Nairaland Too Harsh On Foreign Posters? by Nobody: 3:41am On Apr 14, 2009
Gabby,

you're not loved based on your nationality. But the way you presented yourself to me. wink
Re: Is Nairaland Too Harsh On Foreign Posters? by Gabry(f): 6:22am On Apr 14, 2009
Uhmmmm. . . Is it you loff me because of:-

A) My yeyeness

B) I promoted the fart thread

C) I introduced "U be Mumu from Muguland" to Nairalanders

D) I own alot of teddies and choc milk

Re: Is Nairaland Too Harsh On Foreign Posters? by SeanT21(f): 6:39am On Apr 14, 2009
gabrywyl:

Uhmmmm. . . Is it you loff me because of:-

A) My yeyeness

B) I promoted the fart thread

C) I introduced "U be Mumu from Muguland" to Nairalanders

D) I own alot of teddies and choc milk

U are crazy Gabby.Hahah wink

I have never ever come across a nairalander being racist 2 U because U are asian. Do U have any proof??
Re: Is Nairaland Too Harsh On Foreign Posters? by Gabry(f): 1:17am On Apr 15, 2009
that was before naa. But even now it still happens especially when i tried to advice or give my opinion, people tells me to go back to my ching chong yam pao pao side. . . When someone says this, its the same like others referring African peeps as Nigger and its not a good word at all.
Re: Is Nairaland Too Harsh On Foreign Posters? by SeanT21(f): 4:53am On Apr 15, 2009
gabrywyl:

that was before naa. But even now it still happens especially when i tried to advice or give my opinion, people tells me to go back to my ching chong yam pao pao side. . . When someone says this, its the same like others referring African peeps as Nigger and its not a good word at all.

Back in the 10th grade I had a Chinese Teacher for English.I used to scream out Ching Chang Cho.I swear to God I never knew that was a racist word.One time she pulled me aside and told me to stop it.
Re: Is Nairaland Too Harsh On Foreign Posters? by Gabry(f): 7:43am On Apr 15, 2009
it is discriminating but at times, we dont know.

Like when I was in Primary school, u know. . . Whenever someone wanted to mock another person, they will say this : I hope you get married to an African!

And everyone in the class would laughed.

I did not find it funny at all and I never understood what was the joke about but then after that when I asked, they said they use that as a mocking phrase and the other person getting this mock will usually get offended.

So I think that people are just not aware.
Re: Is Nairaland Too Harsh On Foreign Posters? by Nobody: 4:01pm On Apr 15, 2009
Re: Is Nairaland Too Harsh On Foreign Posters?

Sometimes.
Re: Is Nairaland Too Harsh On Foreign Posters? by teissys(f): 2:03pm On Apr 23, 2009
I have never been treated harshly. But there was a day I asked Nlanders what koboko means because everyone was mentioning the word; then I was told to go to Victoria Island and ask D'Banj.
Whatever that meant I had no idea but it sounded funny. . . grin grin grin
Re: Is Nairaland Too Harsh On Foreign Posters? by Nobody: 1:09am On Jul 19, 2011
absolutely.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Random Acts Of Kindness (lagos, Nigeria). / E-protest(2)..release Mikey..a Letter To Mukina2.. / What A Strong Discipline Self Respecting Black Woman Look Like

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.