Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,590 members, 7,823,565 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:44 AM

Igbos That Might Renounce Biafra If It Eventually Seceded - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos That Might Renounce Biafra If It Eventually Seceded (663 Views)

High Profile Boko Haram Jihadists,Others Renounce Terrorism Due To Hardship.PICS / A Nigerian In Germany Wanted To Renounce His Nigerian Citizenship & Got This / MEND: Nnamdi Kanu Accepted To Renounce Biafra In Secret (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbos That Might Renounce Biafra If It Eventually Seceded by tunisbaba(m): 7:02pm On Jul 31, 2015
I am not an Igbo man but i respect all ethnic groups in Nigeria. I respect their cultures and their believes. Pertaining to the issue of Igbos wanting to secede from Nigeria to form a sovereign state, i will say i am indifferent in the eventual outcome of their dreams but i believe united we stand and divided we fall.
Now to the topic, it is not more news that one of the most populous tribe in Africa "The Ibo" has been agitating for a sovereign state before and after the Civil War but with my little knowledge about the 21st Century Nigerian people and how integrated to one another the Nigerian people are, i discovered that the Igbos are the most integrated people in Nigeria when it comes to leaving their homeland and traveling to another man's land to hustle and make it in life. I must confess that God always bless their hustle and their achievements are written boldly everywhere in Nigeria but excluding their homeland. Majority of their investment properties are located in Lagos, Ibadan, Kano, Kaduna etc. and my greatest fear for them is that these properties are likely to be confiscated if Biafra eventually comes, and starting from scratch for people will be almost impossible and am not sure persons like Ifeanyi Ubah would want to leave his multi-billion dollar asset in Nigeria.
Another side of my argument is that i have notice of recent especially where i live in Akure that Ibos are giving their children Yoruba names and if this trend continues for 100 years, it is likely that it will be very hard to trace most Ibo great grand children back to the east.
Moreover, if you integrate vast investment of Ibos outside the east with the fact that ibos are now giving their children the name of the society they live, It can be concluded that most Ibos (especially the successful one outside the southeast) are likely to continue being Nigerians if Biafra eventually comes.
This is my opinion. Let hear yours. No Insult Please. Thank you
Re: Igbos That Might Renounce Biafra If It Eventually Seceded by Young03(m): 7:04pm On Jul 31, 2015
enemy solo
Re: Igbos That Might Renounce Biafra If It Eventually Seceded by socialmediaman: 7:07pm On Jul 31, 2015
If this post was based on the Radio Biafra and its propagandists, this is the actual political position of the south east on this:

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/ssouth-east/186149-south-east-governors-denounce-radio-biafra-want-bharam-prisoners-removed-from-anambra.html
Re: Igbos That Might Renounce Biafra If It Eventually Seceded by yang(m): 7:13pm On Jul 31, 2015
Because of your small =N=100 million naira house in lekki, you have turned to a saboteur against your people

when e start, na dat ur house biafran planes go first take down in lagos
Re: Igbos That Might Renounce Biafra If It Eventually Seceded by wisdomguy4u(m): 7:22pm On Jul 31, 2015
As far as the united Nation is involved and Nigeria remains a member, the Nigeria Government has no power and will not confiscate the properties of biafrans if the country is finally divided. Nigeria will not be the first neither will it be the last to divide. Property owners will surely be compensated adequately. Go and read about other countries that have divided and see the how things were done.
Re: Igbos That Might Renounce Biafra If It Eventually Seceded by nedu2000(m): 7:22pm On Jul 31, 2015
@op,because biafra secedes doesn't imply igbos lose their possessions elsewhere,afterall nigerians have properties in other countries.
The most important thing is that we divide with a handshake then we part ways and not via conflict
Re: Igbos That Might Renounce Biafra If It Eventually Seceded by Nobody: 7:28pm On Jul 31, 2015
Only the poor and hopeless will support Biafra. People who have nothing to loss. #Biafra? Let's watch and see.
Re: Igbos That Might Renounce Biafra If It Eventually Seceded by PedroJP(m): 7:49pm On Jul 31, 2015
tunisbaba:
i discovered that the Igbos are the most integrated people in Nigeria when it comes to leaving their homeland and traveling to another man's land to hustle and make it in life.

Yes. Many successful and unsuccessful Igbos here and there in other regions, major reason we will leave peacefully by God's grace.

tunisbaba:
I must confess that God always bless their hustle and their achievements are written boldly everywhere in Nigeria but excluding their homeland.

U are wrong here. There are successful Igbo men home like ones abroad.

Do u know that major marketers in the nation come down to Onitsha and Aba main mkts cos that is where major players base.
Re: Igbos That Might Renounce Biafra If It Eventually Seceded by Nobody: 8:18pm On Jul 31, 2015
that's where people get it wrong. You are allowed to own investment in a foreign country. South Africa has investment in Nigeria. There's china and many other foreigners who own different business in Nigeria just as Nigerians do in theirs. As long as the seccession is done peacefully and recognised by the international community their investments in Nigeria is protected and can continue operating

(1) (Reply)

Lagos State Govt. Seals Kanu Nwankwo’s Hotel & Worship Centres / Breaking News: Buhari Appoints Exxonmobil Vice-chair As New NNPC GMD / Wow! Super Clean Us Used Lexus Rx330 Just Arrived In Port Harcourt..view Pics..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.