Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,141 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:19 AM

My Wife Doesn't Want My Mum Around.. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Doesn't Want My Mum Around.. (7752 Views)

Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. / My Wife Doesn't Work Yet Dinner Is Never Ready Before 9pm / Why I Don't Want My Brother To Get Married To Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Wife Doesn't Want My Mum Around.. by ConfessionsNgr: 8:56pm On Jul 31, 2015
My wife has been complaining about my mum's continued stay with us. She even told me in plain language that Mama should return to the village knowing fully well she has no one to stay with. I'm the second born and the first son, my elder sister is not in Nigeria, my two younger siblings are in the university and our dad is late. Mama has been staying alone in the village though she visit us once in a while. When she got sick, I had to bring her to Lagos for proper treatment. To be sincere, my wife did her best in taking good care of Mama during the period of her sickness but since she got better my wife want her to go back to the village. My mum is hypertensive and I still want to watch her to ensure that she is totally healthy before she leaves but my wife isn't patient with me. She insisted that I should get a maid to stay with her in the village and I don't have the financial strength for that now. I'm the one footing my siblings' education bill. And had it been they were around they would have stayed with her but they are in school. Will I stop their education because of that? My wife is not giving any breathing space on this issue at all.

Posted anonymously on www.confessionsnigeria.com
http://confessionsnigeria.com/post/162/my-wife-doesnt-want-my-mum-around

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Doesn't Want My Mum Around.. by deadZONE: 8:58pm On Jul 31, 2015
cool cool

1 Like

Re: My Wife Doesn't Want My Mum Around.. by Delphi(m): 9:02pm On Jul 31, 2015
Please, take good care of your mum! Let us leave long story for another day.

7 Likes

Re: My Wife Doesn't Want My Mum Around.. by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jul 31, 2015
embarassed...I swear if my future wife should try any drama with me in the case of my grandma...it won't be funny....

I can go to the extent of divorcing her and retaining my grandma with me instead...ungrateful and unreasonable animals

6 Likes

Re: My Wife Doesn't Want My Mum Around.. by darlenese(f): 9:05pm On Jul 31, 2015
cheesy
Re: My Wife Doesn't Want My Mum Around.. by darlenese(f): 9:08pm On Jul 31, 2015
Be the man of the house , dats all I can say , u sound docile , hope your wife has not castrated u

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Doesn't Want My Mum Around.. by Cutehector(m): 9:11pm On Jul 31, 2015
My wife, will hav d mind, to tell me to send my mum bak to d village.. She rather get packing!.... Nonsense

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Doesn't Want My Mum Around.. by balash(m): 9:16pm On Jul 31, 2015
Imagine Crazy Posts From Potential Husbands Or Husbands Presently.

First Ask your Mom how she would feel when she was Married and her Husbands Mother Is staying with her. For Pete's Sake Its a Marriage between two Souls A man or a woman, Not A Man, wife and Family Members. My Mom cant just stay with me when am Married. The guy in question should tell us how he would feel if the wife Mother comes to stay with them as well.

Yes she was sick and you brought her down to Lagos for treatment Yes its very Understanding and she is Okay Now. She should go back To the village, Or why not understand what is between Your wife and Mother Maybe they are not in good terms and they Might be pretending when you are around. A mother in-law is the worst to live with as a wife. Because The wife would rarely do anything Right. If you are a lady you would understand Better.

Am not saying you should treat your Mom like a Peace Of crap But Bro's you are Married, She can Visit and you can bring her down to care for her when she is sick But staying with you is a no no. Nothing would happen to her in the Village. If you love your wife enough try your best and get a village house help for your Mother. Let her go Back

A wife is a mother In the house.... Two Captain Cant Be In a Ship

61 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Wife Doesn't Want My Mum Around.. by jamex93(m): 9:20pm On Jul 31, 2015
waiting b some women problem self
bros an sorry to say but its as if u married the wrong wife
just imagine fa

that lady needs to go back to her parent for proper training

1 Like

Re: My Wife Doesn't Want My Mum Around.. by maverickdude(m): 9:35pm On Jul 31, 2015
Where was ur wife wen mama was moulding u into a man

Oh Lord,i beg of u....dnt let me end up marrying a woman like dz in my life ooo undecided

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Doesn't Want My Mum Around.. by cococandy(f): 9:45pm On Jul 31, 2015
Just ask her to give you more time. To make sure there won't be any relapse when she (mama) goes home.
It is not good for an old sick person to be alone without help so she (wifey) could help financially in securing the maid for your mama. She's like her mom too.

But it is not ideal for an in-law to stay indefinitely. before see finish will enter and they will start having misunderstandings. There's no need to be sentimental about it because it will most likely happen. prevention is better than cure.

That's why it will be a good idea for her to get the maid for mama since you've a lot of financial obligation yourself. If she can do that, then mama is taken care of and the peace in the home is preserved. Everybody wins.

13 Likes

Re: My Wife Doesn't Want My Mum Around.. by Papasmal(m): 10:01pm On Jul 31, 2015
balash:

First Ask your Mom how she would feel when she was Married and her Husbands Mother Is staying with her. For Pete's Sake Its a Marriage between two Souls A man or a woman, Not A Man, wife and Family Members. My Mom cant just stay with me when am Married. The guy in question should tell us how he would feel if the wife Mother comes to stay with them as well.

Yes she was sick and you brought her down to Lagos for treatment Yes its very Understanding and she is Okay Now. She should go back To the village, Or why not understand what is between Your wife and Mother Maybe they are not in good terms and they Might be pretending when you are around. A mother in-law is the worst to live with as a wife. Because The wife would rarely do anything Right. If you are a lady you would understand Better.

Am not saying you should treat your Mom like a Peace Of crap But Bro's you are Married, She can Visit and you can bring her down to care for her when she is sick But staying with you is a no no. Nothing would happen to her in the Village. If you love your wife enough try your best and get a village house help for your Mother. Let her go Back

Re: My Wife Doesn't Want My Mum Around.. by Papasmal(m): 10:12pm On Jul 31, 2015
balash:

I guess u don't av a mum if u do...,It shows u don't know her worth if this is all u could say.

How dare u type this trash,.
Even the word of God says "Give thanks to me(God) and to your mother.,she bore you in weakness after carrying in her tommy for 9months,your weaning in 2years,she suffered for u to be worthwhile.
Word of God further stressed that the paradise of a child is at the foot of the mother.

It is obligatory for u to take of ur parent at their old age,if she did not take care of u or gave birth to u,how would u become the husband of that woman.

12 Likes

Re: My Wife Doesn't Want My Mum Around.. by ancashy(f): 10:23pm On Jul 31, 2015
The make up of a man is nt d same as dat of a woman, women don't hate dia mother inlaws dey just want dia own space exactly how d mother inlaw felt when she was just married to her husband, 10 men can sleep together in a room and nt have problems,but have u noticed dat. Females even from a very young age like to have dai own space,rememba university hostels,ow many girls stayed in a room at a time? Can u rememba d backbiting,strive,jealousy,fights both silent and noisy ones dat occurred.women are nt being wicked or selfish,it is just dia make up.but u can reach a compromise

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Wife Doesn't Want My Mum Around.. by balash(m): 10:55pm On Jul 31, 2015
Papasmal:

I guess u don't av a mum if u do...,It shows u don't know her worth if this is all u could say.

Even the word of God says "Give thanks to me(God) and to your mother.,she bore you in weakness after carrying in her tommy for 9months,your weaning in 2years,she suffered for u to be worthwhile.
Word of God further stressed that the paradise of a child is at the foot of the mother.

It is obligatory for u to take of ur parent at their old age,if she did not take care of u or gave birth to u,how would u become the husband of that woman.

I have a Mother and she is hale and hearty and a loving Mother so I dont need to start Any form of arguements with you, I sincerely dont need it But Like i rightly ask, How would u feel if your wife Mother Stays with you? You people always shout a husband Mother Like Your wife was not trained by a mother also, The next thing you would say is if the mother did not take care of the husband how would she see him and marry him, But have u forgoteen if her own Mom dint care for her too how would you marry her, You People just love to beleive a wife is a slave in Nigeria, She cooks,care for the homes,care for kids,stays home and you would come every night and rough her with or without her consent surely she has to do it because she is a wife abi... I blame the kind of Lady who marries people Like You. I really am sorry.

why would a husband mother stay with me, Kilode.. Who did she marry? husband or the Mother InLaw..??

41 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Wife Doesn't Want My Mum Around.. by loshybab(m): 11:12pm On Jul 31, 2015
Papasmal:

Baba,I gladly gv u 1000+ likes for ds ur comment.u gt sme religious knwldge ingrained in u. 21st century ladies/housewives and ass-hole notions abt marital life and company #smh

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Doesn't Want My Mum Around.. by loshybab(m): 11:21pm On Jul 31, 2015
And to d guy askin hw d guy wud feel if she ws to bring in her mother (wife's mother) as well....u knw dt dsnt mk sense as d man is traditionally d head f a family.dts y her elder sista wudnt b able to accommodate d mama evn if she ws in d country.
That's d more reason y a hubby's mother is d 1st choice to cme bath a newborn baby and nt dt f d wife,it's to show sme respect.d wife's mother only come if d hubby's is late or hs a genuine reason for nt coming nd evn if she cms in d presence f d hubby's mama,she relieves d bathin work nd other works to her (hubby's mama).
Re: My Wife Doesn't Want My Mum Around.. by raumdeuter: 11:36pm On Jul 31, 2015
If your mom returns to the village and dies there due to lack of care at least your wife would be happy

1 Like

Re: My Wife Doesn't Want My Mum Around.. by Yustash001(m): 11:41pm On Jul 31, 2015
Just ask her a simple question that...''Do you want your Son's wife to do the same thing to you?...
Re: My Wife Doesn't Want My Mum Around.. by enoqueen: 1:15am On Aug 01, 2015
Hmmmmmm!

Oro shunukun.
Re: My Wife Doesn't Want My Mum Around.. by cococandy(f): 1:33am On Aug 01, 2015
Where are you from?
In my place the woman's mom is the first choice to come for a new born baby. Just correcting that notion.

Anyway are you saying the woman's mom should be less important to her because the man is the head? Where una dey get all these mumbo jumbo from sef?
So if the wife's mom is sick it won't be ok for her to come and stay indefitnely but it would be ok if the man's mom did because he's the head? Smh.

loshybab:
And to d guy askin hw d guy wud feel if she ws to bring in her mother (wife's mother) as well....u knw dt dsnt mk sense as d man is traditionally d head f a family.dts y her elder sista wudnt b able to accommodate d mama evn if she ws in d country.
That's d more reason y a hubby's mother is d 1st choice to cme bath a newborn baby and nt dt f d wife,it's to show sme respect.d wife's mother only come if d hubby's is late or hs a genuine reason for nt coming nd evn if she cms in d presence f d hubby's mama,she relieves d bathin work nd other works to her (hubby's mama).

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Doesn't Want My Mum Around.. by blessedqueen(f): 5:28am On Aug 01, 2015
cococandy:
Where are you from?
In my place the woman's mom is the first choice to come for a new born baby. Just correcting that notion.

Anyway are you saying the woman's mom should be less important to her because the man is the head? Where una dey get all these mumbo jumbo from sef?
So if the wife's mom is sick it won't be ok for her to come and stay indefitnely but it would be ok if the man's mom did because he's the head? Smh.

He is Yoruba I guess dat is deir culture...it's only God dat will help women in marriage

4 Likes

Re: My Wife Doesn't Want My Mum Around.. by Blade21: 6:02am On Aug 01, 2015
Your mum is ok now even if she stay with you for10 yrs her Bp won't go down cos it comes wit age mosst times you are just been very insensitive adding more work for your wife from dis story u practically live nd die for ur extended family take ur mum back home get her a phone nd call her. Always ur wif needs space

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Doesn't Want My Mum Around.. by saintneo(m): 6:29am On Aug 01, 2015
Re: My Wife Doesn't Want My Mum Around.. by loshybab(m): 10:36am On Nov 18, 2015
cococandy:
Where are you from?

Ur moniker shows ua frm d'east,nt my syd,so culture differs.
Yea! D'wife's mama is only allowed to cme stay in her daughter's'matrimonial home if d'woman hs no living son,bt if not......no way! I guess u'll continue to shake ur head indefinitely!
Re: My Wife Doesn't Want My Mum Around.. by Pidggin(f): 2:38pm On Nov 18, 2015
balash:

I have a Mother and she is hale and hearty and a loving Mother so I dont need to start Any form of arguements with you, I sincerely dont need it But Like i rightly ask, How would u feel if your wife Mother Stays with you? You people always shout a husband Mother Like Your wife was not trained by a mother also, The next thing you would say is if the mother did not take care of the husband how would she see him and marry him, But have u forgoteen if her own Mom dint care for her too how would you marry her, You People just love to beleive a wife is a slave in Nigeria, She cooks,care for the homes,care for kids,stays home and you would come every night and rough her with or without her consent surely she has to do it because she is a wife abi... I blame the kind of Lady who marries people Like You. I really am sorry.

why would a husband mother stay with me, Kilode.. Who did she marry? husband or the Mother InLaw..??

Bros you are too much

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Doesn't Want My Mum Around.. by Miami11: 6:22pm On Nov 18, 2015
That your mum has gotten better
Let her go back to the village
Hire someone to take care of her, then visit her weekly. Bp is here to stay at this age she will not get better.

The kind of mother in law that I have will never leave in my house. The kind of cases she faces in the village every week for trouble making is beyond anything.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Doesn't Want My Mum Around.. by Dheartless: 6:52pm On Nov 18, 2015
this is why I hate family section.
gender war don remove all of them brain.

even if it were not my mother but I know that she needs help I won't let any witch confuse me otherwise, I will go ahead with the help I can render.

if it was the woman's mom would she have seen any reason for her to go back to the village, considering the moms health situation?

bullshit everywhere.

7 Likes

Re: My Wife Doesn't Want My Mum Around.. by Miami11: 7:14pm On Nov 18, 2015
Dheartless:
this is why I hate family section.
gender war don remove all of them brain.

even if it were not my mother but I know that she needs help I won't let any witch confuse me otherwise, I will go ahead with the help I can render.

if it was the woman's mom would she have seen any reason for her to go back to the village, considering the moms health situation?

bullshit everywhere.

Did you bother to read the part that says mother in law has gotten well, she is healthy and just needs to take her blood pressure medicine home, if she stays in the city who will take care of her home,
Op never said she was disabled.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Doesn't Want My Mum Around.. by Nobody: 7:31pm On Nov 18, 2015
Miami11:
Hire someone to take care of her, then visit her weekly. Bp is here to stay at this age she will not get better.

The kind of mother in law that I have will never leave in my house. The kind of cases she faces in the village every week for trouble making is beyond anything.

grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: My Wife Doesn't Want My Mum Around.. by Nobody: 7:40pm On Nov 18, 2015
balash:

undecided

I am an advocate of parents living with their kids. If you have any idea what these people go through, the boredom, the loneliness you would not think like this.

If the mother is not causing problems or trying to act like they boss of the home, then she should welcome to stay.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Doesn't Want My Mum Around.. by Nobody: 7:41pm On Nov 18, 2015
Miami11:

You are harsh. Would you say that if she were your mum?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Traditional Wedding Is Bullshit / Orphanage: Lagos Ministry Relocates 25 Children To Unknown Destination / How Can I Handle My Toxic Parents?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.