Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,719 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:53 PM

What Buhari Promised Nigerians. Is He Keeping It? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Buhari Promised Nigerians. Is He Keeping It? (1049 Views)

Is This The Tallest Nigerian Soldier? See What Buhari Did When He Met Him (Pics) / What Buhari Promised Nigerians Vs What He Has Delivered - Kenyans Blast Nigerian / The ‘change’ We Promised Nigerians Is Now Manifesting Around Us – Lai Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Buhari Promised Nigerians. Is He Keeping It? by amdo007(m): 11:37pm On Jul 31, 2015
BUHARI'S PROMISES

Some of the promises  made by Buhari and the APC

1. Public declaration of assets and liabilities

2. Generation, transmission and distribution of at least 20,000 MW of electricity within four years and increasing to 50,000 MW with a view to achieving 24/7 uninterrupted power supply within 10 years

3. Ban on all government officials from seeking medical care abroad

4. Implementation of the National Gender Policy, including 35% of appointive positions for women

5. Revival of Ajaokuta steel company

6. . Making our economy one of the fastest-growing emerging economies in the world with a real GDP growth averaging 10% annually. [In another instance, the APC promised 10-12% annual GDP growth]

7. Empowerment scheme to employ 740,000 graduates across the 36 states and the Federal Capital Territory.

8. Establishment of a free-tuition and scholarship scheme for pupils who have shown exceptional aptitude in science subjects at O/Levels to study ICT-related courses

9. 720,000 jobs by the 36 states in the federation per annum (20,000 per state)

10. Three million Jobs per year

11. Vocational training, entrepreneurial and skills acquisition schemes for graduates along with the creation of a Small Business Loan Guarantee Scheme to create at least 5 million new jobs by 2019.

12. Churches and Mosques would not pay taxes under national laws, but if they engage in businesses, the businesses would pay tax.

13. Provision of allowances to the discharged but unemployed Youth Corps members for Twelve (12) months while in the skills and entrepreneurial development programme

14. State and community policing

15. Creation of a Social Welfare Programme of at least Five Thousand Naira (N5000) that will cater for the 25 million poorest and most vulnerable citizens upon the demonstration of children’s enrollment in school and evidence of immunisation to help promote family stability

16. Recruitment and training of at least 100,000 officers into the Nigerian police force and establish a Federal anti-terrorism agency.

17. One free meal (to include fruits) daily, for public primary school pupils

18. Building an airport in Ekiti state

19. Eradication of state of origin, replacing that with state of residence to ensure Nigerians are Nigerians first, before anything else.

20. Establishment of Crime Squad to combat terrorism, kidnapping, armed robbery, militants, ethno-religious and communal clashes nationwide

21. Working with the National Assembly towards the immediate enactment of a Whistle Blower Act

22. Economic stability for the ECOWAS nations and maintaining a strong, close and frank relationship with West Africa, South Africa, UK, USA, Canada, and other African countries

23. Establishing a conflict resolution commission to help prevent, mitigate and resolve civil conflicts within the polity.

24. All political officer holders earn only the salaries and emoluments determined and approved by the Revenue Mobilization and Fiscal Commission RMFAC.

25. Permanent peace in the Niger Delta and other conflict prone areas such as Plateau, Taraba, Bauchi, Borno and Abia.

26. As against fears in some quarters, Buhari while speaking with catholic bishops in Abuja back in February, promised not to Islamise Nigeria.

27. Nationwide sanitation plans to keep Nigeria clean

28. Preserving the independence of the Central Bank

29. Simplifying immigration process to foster faster visa processing at points of entry.

30. Special incentives to facilitate the education of the girl child

31. Full implementation of the National Identification Scheme to generate the relevant data.

32. Making Information Technology, Manufacturing, Agriculture and Entertainment key drivers of our economy

33. Balancing the economy across regions by the creation of 6 new Regional Economic Development Agencies (REDAs) to act as champions of sub-regional competitiveness

34. Putting in place a N300bn regional growth fund (average of N50bn in each geo-political region) to be managed by the REDAs.

35. Amending the Constitution and the Land Use Act to create freehold/leasehold interests in land along with matching grants for states to create a nationwide electronic land title register on a state by state basis

These were his promises. Though am disturbed by what am seeing at the moment, I hope he keeps to his words.

Source: http://www.abuja-ng.com/aso-rock.html
Re: What Buhari Promised Nigerians. Is He Keeping It? by jcross19: 11:46pm On Jul 31, 2015
Ask these questions from his die hard fans.

1 Like

Re: What Buhari Promised Nigerians. Is He Keeping It? by Nobody: 11:49pm On Jul 31, 2015
For real? Do we still expect miracles from this Dauran? grin

1 Like

Re: What Buhari Promised Nigerians. Is He Keeping It? by jomoh: 11:54pm On Jul 31, 2015
amdo007:
BUHARI'S PROMISES

Some of the promises  made by Buhari and the APC

These were his promises. Though am disturbed by what am seeing at the moment, I hope he keeps to his words.

Source: http://www.abuja-ng.com/aso-rock.html

Don't be disturbed. Keep calm.

Even the most ardent but rational critic would accept the fact that with all the happenings in the country presently, there's too much problems on ground that needs urgent attention before he can even settle down to work on his promises.

But God is in control sha.

1 Like

Re: What Buhari Promised Nigerians. Is He Keeping It? by SenJoe(m): 12:02am On Aug 01, 2015
What do you expect from Daura President? What do you expecct from an Old wine, if not been soar? What do you expect from Baba go slow? This is the errar of Photocrazy. President likes camera too much. This errar is amazing me.

1 Like

Re: What Buhari Promised Nigerians. Is He Keeping It? by amdo007(m): 12:11am On Aug 01, 2015
jcross19:
Ask these questions from his die hard fans.
I am putting it out to Nigerians. He is our president.
Re: What Buhari Promised Nigerians. Is He Keeping It? by amdo007(m): 12:12am On Aug 01, 2015
foxxynik:
For real? Do we still expect miracles from this Dauran? grin
We don't expect miracles, I just hope he keeps his promises. What we are seeing isn't what we were promised.

1 Like

Re: What Buhari Promised Nigerians. Is He Keeping It? by amdo007(m): 12:15am On Aug 01, 2015
jomoh:

Don't be disturbed. Keep calm.

Even the most ardent but rational critic would accept the fact that with all the happenings in the country presently, there's too much problems on ground that needs urgent attention before he can even settle down to work on his promises.

But God is in control sha.
Yes. We are patiently waiting. But the accusations against him are pilling fast too. And on top of it is tribalism. I voted for GMB, I voted for a Nigerian president not a sectional or tribal leader. So if the rumors are false ( which I pray they are) he should start delivering on those promises above.
God bless Nigeria.
Re: What Buhari Promised Nigerians. Is He Keeping It? by Nobody: 12:18am On Aug 01, 2015
amdo007:

We don't Exocet miracles, I just hope he keeps his promises. What we are seeing isn't what we were promised.
You fell for those silly lies he made during his campaigns.... This Dauran's too old to do anything as you've seen...and heard that there is a limit to what he can do at his old age...!
Re: What Buhari Promised Nigerians. Is He Keeping It? by amdo007(m): 12:19am On Aug 01, 2015
SenJoe:
What do you expect from Daura President? What do you expecct from an Old wine, if not been soar? What do you expect from Baba go slow? This is the errar of Photocrazy. President likes camera too much. This errar is amazing me.
The Age shouldn't be an excuse for failure to keep promises, besides he is our president so due respect should be given to the office, however as Nigerians we need him to start delivering on his promises.
Re: What Buhari Promised Nigerians. Is He Keeping It? by amdo007(m): 12:28am On Aug 01, 2015
Cc: Ishilove
Re: What Buhari Promised Nigerians. Is He Keeping It? by jomoh: 12:41am On Aug 01, 2015
amdo007:

Yes. We are patiently waiting. But the accusations against him are pilling fast too. And on top of it is tribalism. I voted for GMB, I voted for a Nigerian president not a sectional or tribal leader. So if the rumors are false ( which I pray they are) he should start delivering on those promises above.
God bless Nigeria.

When he was the Military head, he had all the opportunity to be sectarian. He never did.

But if you look at the settings of our civil service especially if you've had the opportunity of living in Abuja. You will find out that more that 40 percent of the civil servants in the various federal establishments are northerners. The remaining ones are distributed amongst the remaining region. So it is no surprise that out of about 50 most senior officers of different establishment more than 25 will be from the north.

The fact is that these people hardly work in private organisations. Once they graduate, job is sure for them in a federal establishment. As long as the person is a northerner. You can hardly find an unemployed graduate in the north. No matter how poor he was academically and once he enters they favour themselves to grow rapidly in the establishment.

On the issue of present appointments, he has little or no control over who becomes the head. He has vowed to follow the due process of appointing the most senior officers. According to the law guiding the civil service.

Let's wait for the ministerial list that he has absolute control over before we can judge.
Re: What Buhari Promised Nigerians. Is He Keeping It? by sammyj: 2:21am On Aug 01, 2015
True be told PMB is working while the wailing wailers and haters are busy hating. Let them go and hug live transformer! !! grin
Re: What Buhari Promised Nigerians. Is He Keeping It? by engrjacuzzi: 3:26am On Aug 01, 2015
him na Messiah?
I just like how Alh. Musa Yar'adua had only seven point agenda and was able to implement them.
GEJ had only one point agenda which was setting up committee but nothing to show for.
PMB might just do 10/36 of his promises.
Re: What Buhari Promised Nigerians. Is He Keeping It? by amdo007(m): 8:21am On Aug 01, 2015
sammyj:
True be told PMB is working while the wailing wailers and haters are busy hating. Let them go and hug live transformer! !! grin

Calm down, you have started the real thing that made us Nigerian vote out GEJ, unfounded ' allegations ' Where in this post have I sounded anti-president? Let's stop auto comments.
Re: What Buhari Promised Nigerians. Is He Keeping It? by amdo007(m): 8:22am On Aug 01, 2015
engrjacuzzi:
him na Messiah?
I just like how Alh. Musa Yar'adua had only seven point agenda and was able to implement them.
GEJ had only one point agenda which was setting up committee but nothing to show for.
PMB might just do 10/36 of his promises.

I hope he does more than that because we voted for him based on those promises.
Re: What Buhari Promised Nigerians. Is He Keeping It? by sammyj: 9:11am On Aug 01, 2015
Sorry brother but at least let us give PMB some time and if he goes GEJ way then we can treat him the way we treated GEJ. But for now please let us not be too hasty to judge this administration! !!
amdo007:

Calm down, you have started the real thing that made us Nigerian vote out GEJ, unfounded ' allegations ' Where in this post have I sounded anti-president? Let's stop auto comments.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

A Wiseman's Opinion About Nigeria And Biafra / Picture Of President Buhari With Songstress Onyeka Onwenu Kneeling Down For Him / I Am Not Afraid Of Going To Jail – amaechi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.