Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:56 AM

The ‘change’ We Promised Nigerians Is Now Manifesting Around Us – Lai Mohammed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The ‘change’ We Promised Nigerians Is Now Manifesting Around Us – Lai Mohammed (29801 Views)

We Promised Change And It Has Come - Lai Mohammed / Change First Before Asking For The Change We Promised - Buhari Tells Nigerians / What Buhari Promised Nigerians Vs What He Has Delivered - Kenyans Blast Nigerian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

The ‘change’ We Promised Nigerians Is Now Manifesting Around Us – Lai Mohammed by demzey(m): 6:27pm On Aug 01, 2016
The Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, has said that the change promised Nigerians by the All Progressive Congress is not a ruse. Speaking at a town hall meeting for the South East organised by the Federal Ministry of Information in Enugu on Monday, Mohammed said that the change was already manifesting in every sector.

He said that contrary to the insinuations in certain quarters that the people were not feeling the impact of the government, a lot had been done in moving the country forward. He said that the government would remain undaunted in implementing its change agenda to improve the lot of Nigerians. “Many have said they are yet to see the change we promised. Many more have called the promise a ruse. “In fact, they are now mocking us. But we remain undaunted because we know that the change we promised is real. “In fact, the change we promised is already here, and it is manifesting all around us,’’ he said.

Buttressing his position, the minister said that the government had successfully stopped the looting of public funds which was responsible for underdevelopment. “Before now, public officials simply opened the public till, took as much money as they wanted and walked away without consequences. “That explains why funds allocated to the military to fight Boko Haram ended up in the piggy banks of many unscrupulous Nigerians “Today, all those who looted the public treasury are being made to answer for their actions, as impunity gives way to accountability. “Many have offered to return their loots, and many more are facing charges,” he said.

The minister said that with the introduction of the Treasury Single Account, funds meant for the Federal Government were directly paid in and used for development of infrastructure. He noted that before now, funds accruing to the government were paid into so many accounts and went to private purses. Mohammed said that the government had successfully identified and stopped salaries hitherto paid to more than 30,000 ghost workers. “We promised to diversify the economy away from oil, to ensure that other sectors are able to significantly contribute to sustainable development. “In June 2016, for the very first time, about 70 per cent of the more than N500 billion raised from the Federal Accounts Allocation Committee came from the non-oil sector, while 30 per cent came from the oil sector. “It was the first time in 2016 that the Federal Government shared more than N500 billion among the three tiers of government,” he said. In the area of security,

Mohammed said that the government had successfully crushed the Boko Haram terrorists and not a single territory was being administered by them.
On infrastructure, the minister said that construction firms had been mobilised to sites on major roads in the country. “As they move to site, they are creating thousands of new jobs. No part of the country is left out of this. “Where the contractors have not been seen on site, it is because of the rains, not because of lack of mobilisation.

The minister said that the complaints over perceived or real instances of lopsidedness in appointments were being addressed. “There are hundreds of appointments yet to be made. It is an evolving scenario and any lopsidedness is being addressed as we progress,” he said. The minister said that the town hall meetings were held to bridge the communication gap between the government and the people and to carry the people along in the process of governance.

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/08/change-promised-nigerians-real/

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: The ‘change’ We Promised Nigerians Is Now Manifesting Around Us – Lai Mohammed by alexiej(m): 6:34pm On Aug 01, 2016
Be quoting figures dere... 30,000 ghost workers- and have u put plans in place so that those wouldn't resurface? 500 billion shared among three the tiers of govt- pls, if the local govt is functioning in your state, say 'aye'. Scam!

68 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The ‘change’ We Promised Nigerians Is Now Manifesting Around Us – Lai Mohammed by Maxcollins042(m): 6:50pm On Aug 01, 2016
Yea,you are right old man. The change is manifesting but it's not bettering the life of the lots,rather it's the contrary.

115 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The ‘change’ We Promised Nigerians Is Now Manifesting Around Us – Lai Mohammed by wowmenow: 6:55pm On Aug 01, 2016
It's true its only the zombies like omenka and the other afonjas are seeing the development

The clown minister

246 Likes 15 Shares

Re: The ‘change’ We Promised Nigerians Is Now Manifesting Around Us – Lai Mohammed by wowmenow: 6:59pm On Aug 01, 2016
Somebody should tell this lai Mohammed that they are no more opposition

Tell us what you are doing and leave problem of past government

187 Likes 8 Shares

Re: The ‘change’ We Promised Nigerians Is Now Manifesting Around Us – Lai Mohammed by slap1(m): 6:59pm On Aug 01, 2016
Zombie are gritting their teeth as Lai Mohammed keeps slaying them. Lai, the slayer of zombies.

123 Likes 7 Shares

Re: The ‘change’ We Promised Nigerians Is Now Manifesting Around Us – Lai Mohammed by Nobody: 7:06pm On Aug 01, 2016
A lot has been done in moving the country forward?

Like seriously? undecided

115 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The ‘change’ We Promised Nigerians Is Now Manifesting Around Us – Lai Mohammed by MasterJayJay: 7:12pm On Aug 01, 2016
Of course. I can see the 'change' in the price of kerosene. undecided

123 Likes 7 Shares

Re: The ‘change’ We Promised Nigerians Is Now Manifesting Around Us – Lai Mohammed by Femich18(m): 7:16pm On Aug 01, 2016
hmmmm...mr Lai mohammed..it is well o

2 Likes

Re: The ‘change’ We Promised Nigerians Is Now Manifesting Around Us – Lai Mohammed by otukpo(f): 8:05pm On Aug 01, 2016
Lai Muhammad is obiviously not normal.

64 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The ‘change’ We Promised Nigerians Is Now Manifesting Around Us – Lai Mohammed by greatgod2012(f): 8:24pm On Aug 01, 2016
Yes, we can see the change, we can see it from the prices of consumables, 50kg of rice is now between 20k and 22k.
Kerosene is no longer affordable, we have "changed" from using kerosene stove to sawdust filled tins, which was first used during Abacha time, hence the name....."abacha stove". Those using cooking gas have "changed" to the use of coal pots, since cooking gas is no longer affordable.

Yes, we can see the changes, even with the price of garri, normally, this is the time the price of garri is normal slashed, but "change" had affected it, instead of the price reducing, it has doubled, thanks to change.

Change can also be seen in how people are losing their jobs on daily basis, it has never been this bad, all join, na change cause am.

In fact, all the common things needed by common man are no longer affordable, all na "change" and it's effect.

Dollar scarcity nko, change don reach im side too.

But honestly, this change APC is giving us is not desirable at all at all.

I'm sure that next time, when Nigerians hear about change, they will ask which type of change is being talked about.

222 Likes 17 Shares

Re: The ‘change’ We Promised Nigerians Is Now Manifesting Around Us – Lai Mohammed by greatgod2012(f): 8:36pm On Aug 01, 2016
Maxcollins042:
Yea,you are right old man. The change is manifesting but it's not bettering the life of the lots,rather it's the contrary.

You dey mind the old man
They're shouting change while their actions show that they're actually putting people in chain.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: The ‘change’ We Promised Nigerians Is Now Manifesting Around Us – Lai Mohammed by Beremx(f): 8:37pm On Aug 01, 2016
Lai Mohammed please go to the market and ask for the price of foodstuffs. Every day, the price of commodities keep increasing.

Imagine going to enquire for the price of a derica cup measurement of rice in the morning which was 260naira, just this evening i went back, it's 300naira!! A bag of rice is 20k!!

Does it mean only the rich will eat rice now?

Shame on Lai Mohammed!!

80 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The ‘change’ We Promised Nigerians Is Now Manifesting Around Us – Lai Mohammed by greatgod2012(f): 8:59pm On Aug 01, 2016
Beremx:
Lai Mohammed please go to the market and ask for the price of foodstuffs. Every day, the price of commodities keep increasing.

Imagine going to enquire for the price of a derica cup measurement of rice in the morning which was 260naira, just this evening i went back, it's 300naira!! A bag of rice is 20k!!

Shame on Lai Mohammed!!

Lol........

Coming from my own sister Berem!

Unbelievable!

Singing..................

Oro di huumm....

Oro p'esi je....

Oro di huuuummm.....

Lair Mohammed ti te po!

71 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The ‘change’ We Promised Nigerians Is Now Manifesting Around Us – Lai Mohammed by FagsamPHP(m): 9:06pm On Aug 01, 2016
na Thunder go fire this Liar called Lie Mohammed..... Old Fool!!!

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The ‘change’ We Promised Nigerians Is Now Manifesting Around Us – Lai Mohammed by ajebuter(f): 9:08pm On Aug 01, 2016
Beremx:

Shame on Lai Mohammed!!

That is the government you vigorously campaigned for.. Welcome to Reality 101..

106 Likes 15 Shares

Re: The ‘change’ We Promised Nigerians Is Now Manifesting Around Us – Lai Mohammed by Beremx(f): 9:08pm On Aug 01, 2016
greatgod2012:

Lol........

Coming from my own sister Berem!
Unbelievable!

Singing..................

Oro di huumm....
Oro p'esi je....
Oro di huuuummm.....

Lair Mohammed ti te po!
you be woman like me, you understand better.

5 Likes

Re: The ‘change’ We Promised Nigerians Is Now Manifesting Around Us – Lai Mohammed by Beremx(f): 9:10pm On Aug 01, 2016
ajebuter:

That is the government you vigorously campaigned for.. Welcome to Reality 101..
So what if i campaigned for the government? Abegi!

5 Likes

Re: The ‘change’ We Promised Nigerians Is Now Manifesting Around Us – Lai Mohammed by Abeymills(m): 9:10pm On Aug 01, 2016
MUMU

1 Like

Re: The ‘change’ We Promised Nigerians Is Now Manifesting Around Us – Lai Mohammed by greatgod2012(f): 9:17pm On Aug 01, 2016
Beremx:
you be woman like me, you understand better.

Yes, I do, I really do.

I always pity families with 2,3or 4 kids who are low income earners. Honestly, how would such families cope in this present economic hardship ravaging the country.

Sincerely, it has never been this bad.

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The ‘change’ We Promised Nigerians Is Now Manifesting Around Us – Lai Mohammed by Beremx(f): 9:21pm On Aug 01, 2016
greatgod2012:

Yes, I do, I really do.

I always pity families with 2,3or 4 kids who are low income earners. Honestly, how would such families cope in this present economic hardship ravaging the country.

Sincerely, it has never been this bad.
It's Just too bad! No one seems to be addressing the issue. Does it mean Buhari is not aware of the high cost of foodstuffs in the market? I just don't understand!

smh

20 Likes

Re: The ‘change’ We Promised Nigerians Is Now Manifesting Around Us – Lai Mohammed by rozayx5(m): 9:21pm On Aug 01, 2016
lalasticlala
Re: The ‘change’ We Promised Nigerians Is Now Manifesting Around Us – Lai Mohammed by Emekamex(m): 9:24pm On Aug 01, 2016
Lienus

64 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The ‘change’ We Promised Nigerians Is Now Manifesting Around Us – Lai Mohammed by dechriscool(m): 9:27pm On Aug 01, 2016
Lai muhammed should be conscious of what he says to the public.Else people will loose their temper as a result of this Buhari hardship and start throwing him satchel water and stones.
How can one relate what Lai is lying with the current economic situation on ground.
We should all pray for better days ahead and wish God answer our collective prayers of doing the needful to our president.

23 Likes

Re: The ‘change’ We Promised Nigerians Is Now Manifesting Around Us – Lai Mohammed by greatgod2012(f): 9:27pm On Aug 01, 2016
Beremx:
It's Just too bad! No one seems to be addressing the issue. Does it mean Buhari is not aware of the high cost of foodstuffs in the market? I just don't understand!

smh

For me, I've been asking, but not yet gotten the answer.

Does it mean those that are at the helm of affairs up there do not know WHAT to do or they do not know HOW to go about what should be done.

Anyone with reasonable answer should please answer me.

Igboro o rerin at all at all. There is too much hardship on the land.

6 Likes

Re: The ‘change’ We Promised Nigerians Is Now Manifesting Around Us – Lai Mohammed by Beremx(f): 9:31pm On Aug 01, 2016
greatgod2012:

Does it mean those that are at the helm of affairs up there do not know WHAT to do or they do not know HOW to go about what should be done.

That's the most annoying part. I also ask the same.
I campaigned for this government, i will criticize when they go wrong. Simple!!

8 Likes

Re: The ‘change’ We Promised Nigerians Is Now Manifesting Around Us – Lai Mohammed by GenbIoodykiller: 9:36pm On Aug 01, 2016
Beremx:

Shame on Lai Mohammed!!
lol that's reality 101 setting in
the good thing is that everyone is feeling it so it's beyond lair Muhammed the bastard charlatan propaganda.

imagine the peak milk sachet i used to buy #35 is now 50#

anybody that defends this useless government deserve to be killed because right now the masses are suffering grin

53 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The ‘change’ We Promised Nigerians Is Now Manifesting Around Us – Lai Mohammed by GenbIoodykiller: 9:40pm On Aug 01, 2016
Beremx:

smh
inasmuch as i forking hate buhari with passion i must say that he's the president and has adversers, aides, ministers, etc who knows the current situation in the country and they're only feeding him with lies and propaganda.
people like that charlatan lair Muhammed helped to put buhari in power he'll also help in bringing buhari down cheesy

14 Likes

Re: The ‘change’ We Promised Nigerians Is Now Manifesting Around Us – Lai Mohammed by demzey(m): 9:50pm On Aug 01, 2016
greatgod2012:

Lol to ur question, I don't know if day know what to do, in fact I don't know if day know wat day r doin sef, BT I know dat we av left d recession stage, we r now in d depression stage, tnx to my able presido n his group of economic advisers dat cnt even know d law of demand n supply

3 Likes

Re: The ‘change’ We Promised Nigerians Is Now Manifesting Around Us – Lai Mohammed by demzey(m): 9:52pm On Aug 01, 2016
Ganiyat72:
U never see anything, by the time ur lord buhari finishes with u u will have no other option than to sell that ur new born baby

Aha, Gani, das too far na, pls

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Unknown Gunmen Assassinate Gbenga Ogbara (APC Chairman) In Osun / We Don't Want Wike As Our Next Vice President - MURIC Tells Atiku / Fact Check: Does President Buhari Shake Hands With Women?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.