Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:57 PM

See Ways To Prepare For Windows 10 Upgrade - Computers (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / See Ways To Prepare For Windows 10 Upgrade (22338 Views)

Why You Need To Upgrade To Windows 10 Before 29th July / Do I Really Need An Antivirus For Windows 8.1? / Help Needed On Windows 10 Upgrade (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See Ways To Prepare For Windows 10 Upgrade by abatically(m): 9:46am On Aug 01, 2015
sonofananimal2:
SORRY EXPLAIN TO ME MORE ABOUT THE PASSKEY?

IS IT THE COMPUTER PASSWORD?

I mean different license. If u are installing on a computer without genuine Windows i don't think windows 10 will get registered.
Re: See Ways To Prepare For Windows 10 Upgrade by abatically(m): 9:47am On Aug 01, 2015
dmcdad:

Installer? 200MB? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

The Microsoft's Media creation tool I used, it's just 18MB. Infact, it needs no installation whatsoever. Just run it.

The media creation tool is actually 18mb. My bad.
Re: See Ways To Prepare For Windows 10 Upgrade by Nobody: 9:49am On Aug 01, 2015
i'M USING wINDOWS 10...MY ONLY QUALMS NOW IS THAT IT USED UP MY DATA WITHOUT A FORMAL NOTIFICATION THAT WINDOWS 10 DOWNLOADING WAS ACTUALLY TAKING PLACE. sO I THOUGHT MY WIRELESS BOX HAD BEEN HACKED AND I INCURRED EXPENSIVE DATA BILLS.

Forgot capslock was on
Re: See Ways To Prepare For Windows 10 Upgrade by dmcdad: 9:50am On Aug 01, 2015
abatically:

The media creation tool is actually 18mb. My bad.
Lol... E be like say your head full this morning. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: See Ways To Prepare For Windows 10 Upgrade by dmcdad: 9:53am On Aug 01, 2015
gmyguy:
i'M USING wINDOWS 10...MY ONLY QUALMS NOW IS THAT IT USED UP MY DATA WITHOUT A FORMAL NOTIFICATION THAT WINDOWS 10 DOWNLOADING WAS ACTUALLY TAKING PLACE. sO I THOUGHT MY WIRELESS BOX HAD BEEN HACKED AND I INCURRED EXPENSIVE DATA BILLS.

Forgot capslock was on
That is one downside of Windows 10. Infact, I could say it is the notably downside. You can't control Windows update like previous Windows versions. Unless you are using the Enterprise version of Windows 10.
Re: See Ways To Prepare For Windows 10 Upgrade by dmcdad: 9:53am On Aug 01, 2015
abatically:

I mean different license. If u are installing on a computer without genuine Windows i don't think windows 10 will get registered.
It will. Its for all. Genuine and Counterfeit.
Re: See Ways To Prepare For Windows 10 Upgrade by Nobody: 9:57am On Aug 01, 2015
dmcdad:

That is one downside of Windows 10. Infact, I could say it is the notably downside. You can't control Windows update like previous Windows versions. Unless you are using the Enterprise version of Windows 10.
When i called Swift customer care before diagnosing this...the clown i spoke to said its because i visit Linda Ikeji website...that Linda Ikeji website consumes more data than Youtube!!!...Swift....diarisgod o!!! Anyway, am sure they will soon be bombarded with consumer complaints....hope they don't spoil LIB market
Re: See Ways To Prepare For Windows 10 Upgrade by lomprico(m): 10:02am On Aug 01, 2015
sonofananimal2:
TRY TO CRACK YOUR OWN OR GENUINE IT WITH WINDOW 8 ACTIVATOR, AND WATCH THE WINDOWS 10 UPGRADE POPOUT
I dnt understand
Re: See Ways To Prepare For Windows 10 Upgrade by dmcdad: 10:03am On Aug 01, 2015
gmyguy:
When i called Swift customer care before diagnosing this...the clown i spoke to said its because i visit Linda Ikeji website...that Linda Ikeji website consumes more data than Youtube!!!...Swift....diarisgod o!!! Anyway, am sure they will soon be bombarded with consumer complaints....hope they don't spoil LIB market
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

But for real, I think LIB consumes data. Although I don't visit that blog, just hearing about it. But I have heard a friend of mine complain about it before. Anywayz, for now, I don't think there are any updates in Windows 10. Obviously, in the coming weeks if not days, updates would be coming.
Re: See Ways To Prepare For Windows 10 Upgrade by dmcdad: 10:04am On Aug 01, 2015
lomprico:

I dnt understand
What is it you don't understand? Tell me, I will explain.
Re: See Ways To Prepare For Windows 10 Upgrade by ITbomb(m): 10:06am On Aug 01, 2015
Simplest method of downloading and installing windows 10 is by mounting on a virtual drive and click to install. Procedure and pix on www.ityunit.com/2015/08/how-to-install-windows-10-on-windows-7.html with all required download files.
See also how to tether your ss to pc so that you can use IDM for faster download

Running Windows 10 Enterprise now, fully activated
Re: See Ways To Prepare For Windows 10 Upgrade by miketayo(m): 10:08am On Aug 01, 2015
lomprico:

What of if ur current version of windows is the non licenced one, that is a non genuine windows, will the upgrade be possible?

You LL have to purchase it, then install the upgrade
Re: See Ways To Prepare For Windows 10 Upgrade by ITbomb(m): 10:09am On Aug 01, 2015
dmcdad:

You can control it. Just go to settings and set your current connections as Metered Connection, then Windows will not do any background download and notifications update on that connection.
Re: See Ways To Prepare For Windows 10 Upgrade by solarview(m): 10:11am On Aug 01, 2015
Windows 10 is just a wow experience to me. I upgraded about three days back now... and I can't describe the simplicity of the process and now I have a new PC and a new PA. Lol but that Cortana who happened to be my PA too know shall Lol, Lol and Lol... In fact after the upgrade I personally prayed to God to upgrade my life. I'm not too spiritual anyway but the experience was just too inspiring.

By the way I didn't experience any error but I was only prompted to uninstall my finger print application.
Re: See Ways To Prepare For Windows 10 Upgrade by lomprico(m): 10:14am On Aug 01, 2015
dmcdad:

What is it you don't understand? Tell me, I will explain.
My 8.1 is cracked but I dnt see any pop up
Re: See Ways To Prepare For Windows 10 Upgrade by dmcdad: 10:16am On Aug 01, 2015
ITbomb:

You can control it. Just go to settings and set your current connections as Metered Connection, then Windows will not do any background download and notifications update on that connection.
And then it affects every other background apps.

My point was, Windows 10, unlike previous versions doesn't have an option not to receive updates. But I guess this would help, but it would just block every other background apps one might want.
Re: See Ways To Prepare For Windows 10 Upgrade by dmcdad: 10:19am On Aug 01, 2015
lomprico:

My 8.1 is cracked but I dnt see any pop up
Same here. Just head over to Microsoft's website and download it from there. You can download it from their site as an upgrade file, or as a disk image (ISO) that you can use for more than one installation. You can as well burn it to a DVD or USB flash device.

Go to their site and you will be asked to download Media Creation Tool (Just 18MB). The tool will do the dowloading of the upgrade files or ISO file. After that, you can run the upgrade from the downloaded file.
Re: See Ways To Prepare For Windows 10 Upgrade by dmcdad: 10:20am On Aug 01, 2015
solarview:
Windows 10 is just a wow experience to me. I upgraded about three days back now... and I can't describe the simplicity of the process and now I have a new PC and a new PA. Lol but that Cortana who happened to be my PA too know shall Lol, Lol and Lol... In fact after the upgrade I personally prayed to God to upgrade my life. I'm too spiritual anyway but the experience was just too inspiring.

By the way I didn't experience any error but I was only prompted to uninstall my finger print application.
Nice.

1 Like

Re: See Ways To Prepare For Windows 10 Upgrade by dmcdad: 10:21am On Aug 01, 2015
miketayo:

You LL have to purchase it, then install the upgrade
Nah... That's wrong. He doesn't need to purchase nada.
Re: See Ways To Prepare For Windows 10 Upgrade by lomprico(m): 10:25am On Aug 01, 2015
dmcdad:

Same here. Just head over to Microsoft's website and download it from there. You can download it from their site as an upgrade file, or as a disk image (ISO) that you can use for more than one installation. You can as well burn it to a DVD or USB flash device.

Go to their site and you will be asked to download Media Creation Tool (Just 18MB). The tool will do the dowloading of the upgrade files or ISO file. After that, you can run the upgrade from the downloaded file.
Thanks. One more question, hope all ur files and apps where not lost.
Re: See Ways To Prepare For Windows 10 Upgrade by dmcdad: 10:31am On Aug 01, 2015
lomprico:

Thanks. One more question, hope all ur files and apps where not lost.
Nah.... Unless you go through the option of wiping everything. Although, by default, it will just do the upgrade with all your files and settings intact.
Re: See Ways To Prepare For Windows 10 Upgrade by lomprico(m): 10:41am On Aug 01, 2015
dmcdad:

Nah.... Unless you go through the option of wiping everything. Although, by default, it will just do the upgrade with all your files and settings intact.
Ok, thanks
Re: See Ways To Prepare For Windows 10 Upgrade by jaymichael(m): 10:42am On Aug 01, 2015
Not interested, I will continue with my windows 8.
Re: See Ways To Prepare For Windows 10 Upgrade by dmcdad: 10:46am On Aug 01, 2015
lomprico:

Ok, thanks
You welcome.
Re: See Ways To Prepare For Windows 10 Upgrade by martineverest(m): 11:13am On Aug 01, 2015
Overhypd?..the world have waited for it since windows 7 launch in 2007.,windows 10 have surpasd 67m downloads and 40terabytes/sec of data rate of downlds in 2days,surpassin apple's world record of 4million and 8tb/s downlds...win 10 is worlds greatest os
donbrowser:
WINDOWS 10 IS OVERHYPED

1 Like

Re: See Ways To Prepare For Windows 10 Upgrade by jaid23: 11:20am On Aug 01, 2015
can anyone help me out. ive been trying to upgrade to win10 from win 7, and it got to 92% of progress it been loading for like 3hrs without advancing in the progress level...

My internet is working fine, dont no wats wrong...
Re: See Ways To Prepare For Windows 10 Upgrade by gondon(m): 11:55am On Aug 01, 2015
my windows is windows 7 and 32bit............................ wen i tried updating, it said it cant , bcoz mine was 32bit and not 64bit........ Please is there anyone here that have an idea of what i am to do , to have d windows 10 working
Re: See Ways To Prepare For Windows 10 Upgrade by snadguy007(m): 12:04pm On Aug 01, 2015
dmcdad:

That means we don't have to go through what the op posted on the first page before upgrading , ryt??

1 Like

Re: See Ways To Prepare For Windows 10 Upgrade by Nobody: 12:17pm On Aug 01, 2015
martineverest:
Overhypd?..the world have waited for it since windows 7 launch in 2007.,windows 10 have surpasd 67m downloads and 40terabytes/sec of data rate of downlds in 2days,surpassin apple's world record of 4million and 8tb/s downlds...win 10 is worlds greatest os

I TRUST YOU. I KNOW YOU WILL BE ON THIS THREAD
Re: See Ways To Prepare For Windows 10 Upgrade by Chamber10(m): 12:30pm On Aug 01, 2015
Following
Re: See Ways To Prepare For Windows 10 Upgrade by sniperwolf(m): 12:31pm On Aug 01, 2015
chamboy:
do u have a PC... wat os is on it
Do I have a PC? That's so dumb. Anyway it's Windows 8.1

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Laptop Type And Specs Would Be Suitable For This Purpose? / Unlock Codes For Mtn Fastlink Needed / My Experience With Facebook Hacker (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.