Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,206 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:15 AM

See Ways To Prepare For Windows 10 Upgrade - Computers (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / See Ways To Prepare For Windows 10 Upgrade (22295 Views)

Why You Need To Upgrade To Windows 10 Before 29th July / Do I Really Need An Antivirus For Windows 8.1? / Help Needed On Windows 10 Upgrade (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See Ways To Prepare For Windows 10 Upgrade by nutarious(f): 12:35pm On Aug 01, 2015
I have a question? Can I download using proxy like simple server settings, my reasons are that Windows don't update with proxy. Don't know about win 10,pls anybody with experience of how they downloaded with regards to data. Thanks
Re: See Ways To Prepare For Windows 10 Upgrade by jaid23: 12:51pm On Aug 01, 2015
nutarious:
I have a question? Can I download using proxy like simple server settings, my reasons are that Windows don't update with proxy. Don't know about win 10,pls anybody with experience of how they downloaded with regards to data. Thanks

its working with simple server, jess make sure your internet explorer is configured: proxy: 127.0.0.1 port: 8080

its working
Re: See Ways To Prepare For Windows 10 Upgrade by nenergy(m): 1:01pm On Aug 01, 2015
PulseWeb:
i upgrade from win 8 to 8.1 in 2days and the differece is not much, am downloading WINDOWS 10 I CANT WAIT TO INSTALL IT
Bros, can I please get a copy of it? That is if you're in Lagos.
Re: See Ways To Prepare For Windows 10 Upgrade by PulseWeb: 1:15pm On Aug 01, 2015
wat i downloaded was the media creation tool. when u thats wen it will start downloading the os...and i dont know where it was saved. just buy glo 1k for 3gb on ur bb and do it
nenergy:

Re: See Ways To Prepare For Windows 10 Upgrade by nutarious(f): 1:17pm On Aug 01, 2015
jaid23:

its working with simple server, jess make sure your internet explorer is configured: proxy: 127.0.0.1 port: 8080

its working

Thanks sire!
Last question, during installation, the option keep files app and all settings is meant to keep all files intact but I heard even with the option it's still a clean install. Pls anybody done this, thus it clean install even after choosing keep all files and apps.
Re: See Ways To Prepare For Windows 10 Upgrade by nenergy(m): 1:40pm On Aug 01, 2015
baloney:
check out dis link on windows 10 upgrade: U want d the best from windows 10 check out it package. Most important criteria for installation From below link... http://youtube.com/watch? v=hxNw_aVn4qM
Link broken. Please repost!
Re: See Ways To Prepare For Windows 10 Upgrade by olaezebala: 2:06pm On Aug 01, 2015
nutarious:

Thanks sire!
Last question, during installation, the option keep files app and all settings is meant to keep all files intact but I heard even with the option it's still a clean install. Pls anybody done this, thus it clean install even after choosing keep all files and apps.

I chose to keep files and after upgrade I still have all my apps and files intact.
Re: See Ways To Prepare For Windows 10 Upgrade by martineverest(m): 2:38pm On Aug 01, 2015
ollah1:

I TRUST YOU. I KNOW YOU WILL BE ON THIS THREAD
Re: See Ways To Prepare For Windows 10 Upgrade by dubbiskelly(m): 2:40pm On Aug 01, 2015
Prepare ke? Me don dey use am for some days now

Re: See Ways To Prepare For Windows 10 Upgrade by Avatar(m): 2:45pm On Aug 01, 2015
Easiest method to get windows 10 : If you have a legit/activated windows 8.1 then head over to Microsoft's page and download the windows media creation tool here -----> https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 , launch it and tick the 'upgrade this pc' option then you're good to go.

PS: will it delete my files ? No it won't. If you're scared despite , you could back up your important stuffs.

1 Like

Re: See Ways To Prepare For Windows 10 Upgrade by nenergy(m): 2:54pm On Aug 01, 2015
PulseWeb:
wat i downloaded was the media creation tool. when u thats wen it will start downloading the os...and i dont know where it was saved. just buy glo 1k for 3gb on ur bb and do it
Thanks Gee
Re: See Ways To Prepare For Windows 10 Upgrade by dmcdad: 3:08pm On Aug 01, 2015
snadguy007:
That means we don't have to go through what the op posted on the first page before upgrading , ryt??
Just go with the default option which is to keep personal files, installed apps and settings. You should be good with that.

1 Like

Re: See Ways To Prepare For Windows 10 Upgrade by dmcdad: 3:13pm On Aug 01, 2015
jaid23:
can anyone help me out. ive been trying to upgrade to win10 from win 7, and it got to 92% of progress it been loading for like 3hrs without advancing in the progress level...

My internet is working fine, dont no wats wrong...
Check on your internet properly. You can disconnect and reconnect, it won't stop. Infact, mine got disconnected and reconnected more than 20 times before getting to 100%. What I did was that, when I discovered it didn't count a percent for some minutes, I would disconnect and reconnect and it would continue.
Re: See Ways To Prepare For Windows 10 Upgrade by dmcdad: 3:14pm On Aug 01, 2015
gondon:
my windows is windows 7 and 32bit............................ wen i tried updating, it said it cant , bcoz mine was 32bit and not 64bit........ Please is there anyone here that have an idea of what i am to do , to have d windows 10 working
That is because you are trying to upgrade with 64bit version. Check on the 32bit option there and it would go through.
Re: See Ways To Prepare For Windows 10 Upgrade by dmcdad: 3:17pm On Aug 01, 2015
nutarious:
Who says Windows don't update with proxies? All my updates (8.1) before upgrading was through SS. Works like a breeze. As long as IE is configured accordingly, other apps (Windows apps) take their configs from IE.
Re: See Ways To Prepare For Windows 10 Upgrade by dmcdad: 3:18pm On Aug 01, 2015
nenergy:
Where in Lagos are you?

1 Like

Re: See Ways To Prepare For Windows 10 Upgrade by dmcdad: 3:20pm On Aug 01, 2015
PulseWeb:
The media cteation would ask you where you wanna save it, that's if you downloaded it as ISO. If you downloaded as an upgrade, go to your Computer, drive C or any driver Windows was installed, you will see something like this: $Windows BT... Something like that sha. The files are stored inside that folder in your C drive.
Re: See Ways To Prepare For Windows 10 Upgrade by dmcdad: 3:21pm On Aug 01, 2015
nutarious:

Thanks sire!
What is your definition of clean install?
Re: See Ways To Prepare For Windows 10 Upgrade by Nobody: 11:56am On Aug 02, 2015
sonofananimal2:
PATIENTLY WAITING FOR THE PIRATED WINDOWS 10 OS

VIA CD grin grin
This is even a free Windows 10 upgrade for people but here you are waiting for pirate when you can get it without paying a dime if you have genuine Windows 7 or Windows 8.

I don't know why some Nigerians are always ignorant and silly in non-funny way. Jeez! Go and get yourself educated before you start making fool of country to the world. angry lipsrsealed undecided cry cry cry
Re: See Ways To Prepare For Windows 10 Upgrade by Nobody: 12:07pm On Aug 02, 2015
1) This is how to reserve Windows 10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDwL5qSCkqU

2) 10 reason why you need to upgrade to Windows 10.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiACjVsxFYk

3) How to upgrade Windows 10 from Windows 7 for free.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pG3KqqU2uYI
Re: See Ways To Prepare For Windows 10 Upgrade by sonofananimal2: 1:02pm On Aug 02, 2015
all4naija:
This is even a free Windows 10 upgrade for people but here you are waiting for pirate when you can get it without paying a dime if you have genuine Windows 7 or Windows 7.

I don't know why some Nigerians are always ignorant and silly in non-funny way. Jeez! Go and get yourself educated before you start making fool of country to the world. angry lipsrsealed undecided cry cry cry
WHO IS THIS MOR0N angry

CAN'T YOU DIFFERENTIATE JOKE!!!

WHY ARE YOU BEHAVING LIKE A FOOL angry
Re: See Ways To Prepare For Windows 10 Upgrade by puresoul1(m): 11:41pm On Aug 02, 2015
I Cant change my account picture maybe it the software I use to activate it that caused it
Re: See Ways To Prepare For Windows 10 Upgrade by dmcdad: 7:06am On Aug 03, 2015
puresoul1:
I Cant change my account picture maybe it the software I use to activate it that caused it
What version of Windows? 10?
Re: See Ways To Prepare For Windows 10 Upgrade by puresoul1(m): 8:10am On Aug 03, 2015
dmcdad:

What version of Windows? 10?
window 10 pro
Re: See Ways To Prepare For Windows 10 Upgrade by dmcdad: 8:28am On Aug 03, 2015
puresoul1:
window 10 pro
Did you do an upgrade or a clean install?
Re: See Ways To Prepare For Windows 10 Upgrade by puresoul1(m): 10:03am On Aug 03, 2015
dmcdad:

Did you do an upgrade or a clean install?
clean install,
Re: See Ways To Prepare For Windows 10 Upgrade by dmcdad: 12:14pm On Aug 03, 2015
puresoul1:
clean install,
You should do an upgrade first, then after activating it, you can then do a clean install and it would still be activated by Microsoft. The upgrade and first activation is very vital because that is what will pave the way for you doing a clean install on that same machine in the future without bothering yourself about cracks and all that for activation.
Re: See Ways To Prepare For Windows 10 Upgrade by Ujunkem(f): 2:14am On Aug 04, 2015
I'm having a big problem with my upgrade. am stuck at install the upgrade now whenever i click on it, it will just reboot my system with no change and same pop up showing up again and again. When i checked window updates through control panel, it kept saying restart your system which i have being doing for almost 2days now with no effect.

If you have an idea of what the problem is please help me out

Re: See Ways To Prepare For Windows 10 Upgrade by dmcdad: 7:08am On Aug 04, 2015
Ujunkem:
I'm having a big problem with my upgrade. am stuck at install the upgrade now whenever i click on it, it will just reboot my system with no change and same pop up showing up again and again. When i checked window updates through control panel, it kept saying restart your system which i have being doing for almost 2days now with no effect.

If you have an idea of what the problem is please help me out
Did you download it as an upgrade file or the iso?
Re: See Ways To Prepare For Windows 10 Upgrade by Ujunkem(f): 7:47am On Aug 04, 2015
dmcdad:

Did you download it as an upgrade file or the iso?

Downloaded it from update window when i got a notification to download window 10
Re: See Ways To Prepare For Windows 10 Upgrade by dmcdad: 8:13am On Aug 04, 2015
Ujunkem:

Downloaded it from update window when i got a notification to download window 10
Okay. Can you make use of your PC? I mean, can you minimise the pop-up and still use your PC? And does it function as usual?
Re: See Ways To Prepare For Windows 10 Upgrade by Ujunkem(f): 8:41am On Aug 04, 2015
dmcdad:

Okay. Can you make use of your PC? I mean, can you minimise the pop-up and still use your PC? And does it function as usual?

yes i can and it will function as usual

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Laptop Type And Specs Would Be Suitable For This Purpose? / Unlock Codes For Mtn Fastlink Needed / My Experience With Facebook Hacker (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.