Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,466 members, 7,816,090 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:05 AM

Senators Laud Saraki's Reconciliatory Moves - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senators Laud Saraki's Reconciliatory Moves (1897 Views)

Herdsmen Attack: Enugu students reject call for reprisal, laud Ugwuanyi / PDP Reconciliatory Meeting Ongoing (photos) / Senators Laud Saraki's Reconciliatory Moves (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senators Laud Saraki's Reconciliatory Moves by babanett: 9:44am On Aug 01, 2015
Senators Laud Saraki's Reconciliatory Moves

The Senator representing Niger North District, Senator Aliyu Abdullahi, has commended the Senate President, Dr. Abubakar Bukola Saraki, for his broad-mindedness and the non-partisan approach he has adopted in constituting the committees in the legislative house.

Abdullahi said it took a peace-loving, patriotic and large hearted leader like Saraki to continue to make reconciliatory moves aimed at harmonising all the tendencies in the legislative chamber.

The Senator noted that apart from always reaching out to members of the Unity Group who did not support him during his election, the Senate President has also proved that as a first among equal, it is his responsibility to carry along all Senators, be they members of his party, the All Progressives Congress (APC),  or that of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

He noted that it was the Senate President's large heartedness that made him to give the chairmanship of one of the two influential committees that he has constituted so far to a member of the Unity Forum.

Senator Jide Omoworare from Osun East, a member of the Unity Forum was last Wednesday named the chairman of the powerful committee on Rules and Business. Also, Senator Kabiru Marafa, the spokesman of the group, was named a member of the same committee. 

Abdullahi noted that "the Rules and Business Committee is the engine room of the Senate that directs the activities of the legislative house. That position given to Omoworare is so influential that it is next to being in the leadership of the Senate."

" It only shows that this Senate President is working for peace and stability of the institution. This is just one example of the several efforts he is making to ensure there is peace in this Senate and I only hope that all my colleagues will reciprocate his gesture", Abdullahi said.

Also speaking on the peace moves being made by the Senate President, Senator Peter Nwaboshi from Delta State said the Senate President was spreading the olive branch to those who are aggrieved by the events surrounding the emergence of the leadership of the Senate.

"I am indeed thrilled by the Senate President's decision to fully reconcile the entire Senate. He is really reaching out to all and sundry and trying to carry every body along. I think he is the right man for the job now. That is why he is being broadminded in his choice of committee members", the Senator said.

He added that the choice of Senator Barnabas Gemade as the chairman of the Adhoc Committee  on review of state of the roads and areas suffering environmental degradation despite his being a henchman of the Unity Forum also showed that the Senate President wants all hands on deck in the plan to make the current Senate achieve its objective of serving the people. Senator Gemade was a former minister  of works, a position which placed him in good stead for the assignment 

In his own comment, Senator Lanre Tejuosho from Ogun Central, praised Saraki for laying emphasis on merit and ability in choosing which Senator serves in which committee or handles what assignment. 

While calling on the Senate President to sustain his peace moves and penchant for putting the right people in the right place while constituting the remaining committees, Tejuoso said there are already positive signs that the present Senate will play positive roles in helping the Buhari administration to eliminate insecurity, youth unemployment, corruption and economic stagnation in the country.
Re: Senators Laud Saraki's Reconciliatory Moves by donbrowser(m): 9:44am On Aug 01, 2015
Hmmm
Re: Senators Laud Saraki's Reconciliatory Moves by igahdavid(m): 9:45am On Aug 01, 2015
That's good
Re: Senators Laud Saraki's Reconciliatory Moves by Nobody: 9:59am On Aug 01, 2015
Someone will come out and deny this APC and lies!
Re: Senators Laud Saraki's Reconciliatory Moves by Ghandi12: 10:33am On Aug 01, 2015
And the Elders preached conscientiousness "...as the land is swampy and jungled - wild ones once ruled here". The Elders gave directions to make this project a success. But the young are hasty, some frenetic as they insist on accomplishing their tasks against Elders' nod.

What the young have forgotten is that time might have changed but the task remains the same. Listen to Elders and they will make sure you don't repeat the mistakes they made but despise them and repeat their past mistakes.
Re: Senators Laud Saraki's Reconciliatory Moves by yusufalabere(m): 10:40am On Aug 01, 2015
That is the sign of a good leadership. I have said it time without number that the Senate President will perform beyond expectation.

1 Like

Re: Senators Laud Saraki's Reconciliatory Moves by onile0500(m): 10:57am On Aug 01, 2015
Only the progressive minds moves for better planning of our dear country, Saraki has won my extolled way back when he served as NGF chairman which he used his leadership skills to perfect those un-open loopholes within the federal government and the states.
It's never new to me if I see saraki working again for peace move because he has been the beacon of the deepest hope one who works towards all responsibilities... I believe the 8th Assembly under the leadership of Bukola Saraki will done Nigeria proud in connection with PMB.

1 Like

Re: Senators Laud Saraki's Reconciliatory Moves by Nobody: 11:16am On Aug 01, 2015
Bukola Saraki can fool himself and his wailing supporters all he wants, he has just few weeks to go as SP. Quote me

2 Likes

Re: Senators Laud Saraki's Reconciliatory Moves by ridwanomooba: 2:33pm On Aug 01, 2015
With these move by the distinguished senate president to reconcile the members of the NASS, indeed it's a great move by the leadership of the house to reconcile with some of the aggrieved members of the house.

I think it's time the aggrieved members shield there swords by allowing peace to reign and embracing peaceful atmosphere for swift actions to reign in the upper chamber by taking and leading nigeria to the greater heights of stable development.
Re: Senators Laud Saraki's Reconciliatory Moves by sheymoni(m): 3:27pm On Aug 01, 2015
Saraki is a scammer

1 Like

Re: Senators Laud Saraki's Reconciliatory Moves by hinwazaka: 3:47pm On Aug 01, 2015
jayfolarin:
Bukola Saraki can fool himself and his wailing supporters all he wants, he has just few weeks to go as SP. Quote me
Gifts have been shared and everyone has had His pot of porridge. So the hopes you have of his impeachment are all in your head. PMB is more likely to get the boot than Saraki: though not now.
Re: Senators Laud Saraki's Reconciliatory Moves by Ghandi12: 4:01pm On Aug 01, 2015
hinwazaka:
Gifts have been shared and everyone has had His pot of porridge. So the hopes you have of his impeachment are all in your head. PMB is more likely to get the boot than Saraki: though not now.

Loyalty earned through gifting can be easily eroded by a superior gifting. I still do not understand why people seem to forget the past quickly. Half of the Senators in the Senate today got voted in on one brand - Buhari.

Have you ever seen any Senator or Bukola Saraki publicly speaking against Buhari? It will not happen they would rather pick on Tinubu.
Re: Senators Laud Saraki's Reconciliatory Moves by hinwazaka: 5:04pm On Aug 01, 2015
Ghandi12:

Loyalty earned through gifting can be easily eroded by a superior gifting.[/b]
[b]
I still do not understand why people seem to forget the past quickly. Half of the Senators in the Senate today got voted in on one brand - Buhari.

Have you ever seen any Senator or Bukola Saraki publicly speaking against Buhari? It will not happen they would rather pick on Tinubu.
As you said "Superior gifting", so to you who is most likely to gain the upper hand through the granting of spoils. And also as I noted: in the future. No one knows what may happen a year or two from now. And FYI: the Buhari brand is loosing its bankable credit. A year or two of the wrong scenarios can destroy the brand.
Fact: A president's popularity rises during a boom and falls during a recession
Re: Senators Laud Saraki's Reconciliatory Moves by Ghandi12: 6:48pm On Aug 01, 2015
hinwazaka:
As you said "Superior gifting", so to you who is most likely to gain the upper hand through the granting of spoils. And also as I noted: in the future. No one knows what may happen a year or two from now. And FYI: the Buhari brand is loosing its bankable credit. A year or two of the wrong scenarios can destroy the brand.
Fact: A president's popularity rises during a boom and falls during a recession

"Superior gifting" has nothing to do with spoils but 'gifts' that yield desired results.

Buhari has started well and there is no reason for him to loose focus at 70+. This is recession and his popularity is soaring guess what will happen when he has more money and credible people to work with.

For every looter successfully brought to books the Buhari brand waxes stronger in the mind of the masses. See more looters returning their loots and see the 'gifted Senator' and 'gifting Senators' begging for relevance.
Re: Senators Laud Saraki's Reconciliatory Moves by hinwazaka: 7:53pm On Aug 01, 2015
Ghandi12:

"Superior gifting" has nothing to do with spoils but 'gifts' that yield desired results.

Buhari has started well and there is no reason for him to loose focus at 70+. This is recession and his popularity is soaring guess what will happen when he has more money and credible people to work with.

For every looter successfully brought to books the Buhari brand waxes stronger in the mind of the masses. See more looters returning their loots and see the 'gifted Senator' and 'gifting Senators' begging for relevance.

A bribe is a bribe
Buhari has not started well and its best you stop feeding him with that. This sort of hero worship hampered the last administration. He currently enjoys a honeymoon period but for how long. The economic forecasts do not paint a pretty picture for the years to come. That is why the PDP gave him an easy victory. They need a fall guy for the economic disaster about to hit. No leader no matter how loved survives a economic collapse
No one has been convicted of embezzlement or financial impropriety, so get your facts right. And FYI: No one will be convicted because they are all dirty, PMB included. Afterall there is honor among thieves
Re: Senators Laud Saraki's Reconciliatory Moves by Ghandi12: 10:03pm On Aug 01, 2015
hinwazaka:
A bribe is a bribe
Buhari has not started well and its best you stop feeding him with that. This sort of hero worship hampered the last administration. He currently enjoys a honeymoon period but for how long...

We are all entitled to our opinions. By my observation he has taken many good steps with a few wrong ones. I do not hero worship - I say it the way as it.

hinwazaka:
A bribe is a bribe
...The economic forecasts do not paint a pretty picture for the years to come. That is why the PDP gave him an easy victory. They need a fall guy for the economic disaster about to hit. No leader no matter how loved survives a economic collapse

In Nigeria more than 80% of voters only understand subsistence economy. Our people vote for diverse reasons and macro economy is hardly one of them. Buhari did not have an easy victory ; he won by 15 million votes to 12 million.

hinwazaka:
A bribe is a bribe
...No one has been convicted of embezzlement or financial impropriety, so get your facts right. And FYI: No one will be convicted because they are all dirty, PMB included. Afterall there is honor among thieves

Your blanket statement may be proven wrong soon. Although Buhari has stated he is more interested in recovering loots than sending people to jail. Having been swimming in river of corruption for so long some public servants may not understand time has changed and will still work their way to jail.

There are several active malfeasance cases on EFCC/ICPC/DSS/Police/CCB table and any of them may eventually lead to conviction.

For example the Personal Assistance to Onyeka Onwenu was sentenced to jail few days ago.

(1) (Reply)

Abia State Governor , Dr Okezie Ikpeazu On Biafra Protest / Another 3000 Capacity School Ready For Commissioning Soon by ogbeni Aregbesola / World - READ What UAE Told Nigerian Officials After Signing Agreement!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.