Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,732 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:20 PM

I Opted To Withdraw, Buhari, APC Urged Me To Fight On - Gbajabiamila - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Opted To Withdraw, Buhari, APC Urged Me To Fight On - Gbajabiamila (952 Views)

Sule Lamido Carpets Buhari, APC, Reacts To Fayose’s Presidential Bid / Jonathan Backs Sheriff As Makarfi Vows To Fight On / Jonathan: 'Don't Handover', An African Leader Urged Me After I Lost (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Opted To Withdraw, Buhari, APC Urged Me To Fight On - Gbajabiamila by Nobody: 1:10pm On Aug 01, 2015
Majority Leader of the 8th House of Representatives, Hon. Femi Gbajabiamila has disclosed that President Muhammadu Buhari, and the leadership of the All Progressives Congress, APC, encouraged him to fight for the speakership of the House.

He said he had opted to withdraw from the race because he never wanted to put first his ambition ahead of the unity of the legislature and Nigeria at large.

“A lot of people don’t know this. Long time ago, I saw the President, I saw my party, I explained to them. I told the President, I said listen. ‘This thing has been framed to be about me”, he told newsmen in his office on Friday.

“It was never about me and that is what my members believe and I told Mr. President and the party that I wanted to withdraw from this thing, for the sake of the President, for the sake of the House, for the sake of the country.

“I told the governors at the meeting four weeks ago that I have never been a member for the sake of occupying office. It was not about office and I told them that I would leave this thing in a heartbeat without thinking of it.

“I wouldn’t even think twice about it and I will go and sit on the floor of the House without even accepting anything even a Committee chairmanship.

“I have never been a chairman of a committee in this House and have never been a Deputy Chairman and I made it clear to them that I have turned down things in the past.

“I have been offered National Honours and I turned it down, I was meant to be a Deputy to Aminu Tambuwal, we turned it down before Emeka Ihedioha took over and there have been many other things in the past”.

Source: http://dailypost.ng/2015/08/01/buhari-apc-urged-me-to-fight-on-i-was-meant-to-be-tambuwals-deputy-gbajabiamila/
Re: I Opted To Withdraw, Buhari, APC Urged Me To Fight On - Gbajabiamila by donbrowser(m): 1:11pm On Aug 01, 2015
Hi
Re: I Opted To Withdraw, Buhari, APC Urged Me To Fight On - Gbajabiamila by mymadam(m): 1:12pm On Aug 01, 2015
That's your biz, brother. Thanks for saying anyway.
Re: I Opted To Withdraw, Buhari, APC Urged Me To Fight On - Gbajabiamila by Nobody: 1:13pm On Aug 01, 2015
[size=15pt]Baba we don hear!

Thanks for sharing..
[/size]
Re: I Opted To Withdraw, Buhari, APC Urged Me To Fight On - Gbajabiamila by omowolewa: 1:51pm On Aug 01, 2015
At times you don't turn things down just like that, it depicts you of avoiding challenges.
The more you face the tests of challenge the more you're entrusted with responsibilities.

Gbaja, to whom much is given much is expected. At the back of the sun lies the river of diamonds, you can only fetch therefrom after overcoming the sun.

1 Like

Re: I Opted To Withdraw, Buhari, APC Urged Me To Fight On - Gbajabiamila by jlinkd78(m): 1:55pm On Aug 01, 2015
In d closet PMB was urging u on but before us he was indifferent about who emerges n ready to work with anyone in d natn'l assembly. Tnks for d revalation though
Re: I Opted To Withdraw, Buhari, APC Urged Me To Fight On - Gbajabiamila by OLADD: 2:25pm On Aug 01, 2015
Bang!!! We have been scammed by Buhari and his double-faced party. I thought the presidency and APC told the whole world that Buhari chose not to interfere in National Assembly activities and elections. Oh! What have we done to deserve this bat-like party? So it was Buhari that fuelled the crisis.
Re: I Opted To Withdraw, Buhari, APC Urged Me To Fight On - Gbajabiamila by mogentle(m): 3:25pm On Aug 01, 2015
OLADD:
Bang!!! We have been scammed by Buhari and his double-faced party. I thought the presidency and APC told the whole world that Buhari chose not to interfere in National Assembly activities and elections. Oh! What have we done to deserve this bat-like party? So it was Buhari that fuelled the crisis.
Chief Wailer, Buhari never deny being in support of party's position. Gbaja is the party's choice. Stop wailing.
Re: I Opted To Withdraw, Buhari, APC Urged Me To Fight On - Gbajabiamila by OLADD: 3:34pm On Aug 01, 2015
mogentle:

Chief Wailer, Buhari never deny being in support of party's position. Gbaja is the party's choice. Stop wailing.

Stop marketing your foolishness. Pick your phone and google the various statements from Femi Adesina wherein he told us the president had chosen to be neutral in National Assembly proceedings. You're as crafty as Lai Mohammed.

1 Like

Re: I Opted To Withdraw, Buhari, APC Urged Me To Fight On - Gbajabiamila by mogentle(m): 4:00pm On Aug 01, 2015
OLADD:

Stop marketing your foolishness. Pick your phone and google the various statements from Femi Adesina wherein he told us the president had chosen to be neutral in National Assembly proceedings. You're as crafty as Lai Mohammed.
Painment

(1) (Reply)

See Photoshoots Of North Korea's Leader Kim Jong-un / Nigeria's Senate President Saraki Lied In His Official Election Forms / Barrister Francis should show his Unilorin First Class Certificate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.