Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,194 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:21 AM

The University Village - A Story - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The University Village - A Story (45508 Views)

Tradition - A Story / The Club a story - #nlwriters / THE UNIVERSITY PRESTOS….episode 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The University Village - A Story by Clemzy16(m): 8:58pm On Aug 22, 2015
aprilwise:
Wonderful story.
Thanks bruv... You've always been there...
Re: The University Village - A Story by Clemzy16(m): 9:00pm On Aug 22, 2015
chrisbaby24:
Noooo....e don too much...I have to comment...
Bros...nice work u r doing...I really appreciate...thumbs up...
Lol...tnkz alot chris...this is a wake up call to all silent readers.. *winks*
Re: The University Village - A Story by Clemzy16(m): 9:01pm On Aug 22, 2015
Onemansquad:
ladies are quick to judge ehn
Re: The University Village - A Story by Clemzy16(m): 9:02pm On Aug 22, 2015
sEGXY2:
Bro am waitin o
Wait no more chriz...see ya in skul 2mrw...
Re: The University Village - A Story by Clemzy16(m): 9:04pm On Aug 22, 2015
The story is going to end this evening... *goes back to typing mode*
Re: The University Village - A Story by LogoDWhiz(m): 9:18pm On Aug 22, 2015
Clemzy16:
Tnkz LogoDWhiz... You've always been an active reader since I wrote my first story on this section 2 years ago.. Jah bless!!

I'd have loved to elongate the story, but my school had resumed from mid-break, and I'll be travelling to school tomorrow cos I won't be able to type when in school...

Lol! Na so!

Okay. I understand. No problem.
And if u have the chance to continue. Please do!

More wisdom, knowledge and understanding.
Re: The University Village - A Story by Mztemmy(f): 9:51pm On Aug 22, 2015
[color=#770077][/color] great job u are doin here @clemzy16.....so much loving dis
Re: The University Village - A Story by pami90(m): 9:58pm On Aug 22, 2015
clemzy.....u b d boss......i for give u knuckle chop if to say u dey near ......nice work baba cool
Re: The University Village - A Story by Clemzy16(m): 10:20pm On Aug 22, 2015
CHAPTER 29

Love is not finding a perfect person, but seeing an imperfect person perfectly. True love isn't expensive, it's a free gift from the heart. Despite human imperfections, the heart knows what it wants, and in the end of the day, Love conquers all....

The following monday morning, students from the department of sociology were seated in the lecture theatre, while some had assembled themselves in various groups discussing about the rift that transpired between Femi and Ibrahim two days ago. The news spreaded like a virus and everyone seemed to have something to say concerning the fued. Except the 'beefers' who were less concerned about people gossiping them.

"Attention everyone! I'm holding the list containing the matric numbers of our newly admitted direct-entry students. If you hear your name, kindly run come and collect your number." The class-rep interrupted the atmosphere while dropping yet another grammartical blunder. The entire lecture theatre roared in laughter due to the offence committed by the No1 man in class; He was always fond of committing grammartical genocide.

The class-rep feigned ignorance to their stupidity, and proceeded to calling the names on the list.

"Zainab Kadiri!" He shouted but she was absent from class.

"Odunayo Cynthia Michael." Ayo stood up gracefully on hearing her name, she was walking towards the class-rep when something suddenly struck her inwardly. She felt a sharp pain in her stomach which sent her crumbling to the floor, while she yipped in distress. The pain moved to the lower right side of the abdomen and became even more sharper and severe. This time, she could barely walk or stand upright. People rushed towards helping her, still, she was unable to stand, as she laid on the floor crying helplessly. By this time, the whole class was already disorganised, as on-lookers gathered around her in a bid to ascertain what was happening. All efforts to ascertain the problem proved abortive as she could hardly speak nor move her muscles fluently. The class-rep took over the situation and after several consultations, she muttered slowly that they should take her to the school clinic. It seemed she was the only one who knew the problem. Since she couldn't walk, the class-rep carried her on his back as they made out of the lecture theatre, while some students walked slowly behind them, obviously marvelled.

Femi was shocked as the unfortunate event unravelled before his very eyes, for a moment, he was confused not knowing whether to help her or not. Just then, he saw an hand-bag belonging to her and he quickly got hold of it - to avoid stories that touch. Inside the hand-bag was her handset and other valuables. On his way out of the classroom, Femi saw Ibrahim sitting relaxed pressing his phone, and he thought to himself, whether Ibrahim even had empathy for his new found lover.

On arrival to the clinic, Ayo was diagnose with Appendictis. Evidently, she had been battling the health condition up until recently. Appendicitis can erupt when the appendix becomes inflamed and swollen. The appendix is a small finger-like tube that is attached to the first part of the large intestine, called the caecum. It is located in the right side of the abdomen.

The clinic management scanned her using x-ray and discovered that the appendix had become ruptured (burst), and if not quickly removed, could spill infected contents into the abdominal cavity. This is a more serious medial emergency, and if left untreated, infection of the lining of the abdominal cavity could be life-threatening. Ayo's situation required urgent operation, and since the clinic doesn't perform surgery, they recommended that she be taken to St' Maria Goretti, a private hospital in the hub of the town, which they did with immediate alacrity.

On arrival, she was taken to an emergency ward where she was placed on a sick bed. The doctor in-charge demanded for half-payment before the operation would be carried out. The class-rep tried to contact her parents but her mobile phone was no where to be found, they resulted to begging the doctor to please conduct the surgery first before payment, but the doctor sternly declined as he reiterated that it was a private hospital and that was their policy, with little or no regard for Ayo who was lying on her death-bed. The doctor only gave her paracetamol to help relieve the pain, and left them stranded in the room almost immediately.

Meanwhile, back at the school premises, Enemona approached Femi asking what step he had intended to take concerning Ayo's predicament, and he blatantly stated that there was nothing he could do regarding the situation. Mona made him see reasons why he should forget about the past, and atleast, go and see her to know how she's fairing.

After a while, Femi consented to what he said, then they both boarded separate bikes to the school clinic where they were later re-directed to the hospital where she was transfered to.......
Re: The University Village - A Story by chrisbaby24(m): 10:47pm On Aug 22, 2015
Clemzy16:
Lol...tnkz alot chris...this is a wake up call to all silent readers.. *winks*
Yea..true talk bro...u r doin a good job

1 Like

Re: The University Village - A Story by chukwueloka: 11:20pm On Aug 22, 2015
great story opp... love the suspense though. I'd rather appreciate more quick updates
Re: The University Village - A Story by Clemzy16(m): 11:38pm On Aug 22, 2015
CHAPTER 30

Immediately they got to the hospital, he met the class-rep who explained everything and said the doctor demanded twenty thousand naira for the operation, and also positioned that they pay half the amount before he would commence service.

Femi was quite restless, he knew something rapid needed to be done to weather the storm. Then, he opened her hand-bag and saw some money inside from where he was able to garner five thousand naira, then he entered an okada to the nearest First bank branch situated inside the school, he met a mammoth crowd at the ATM stand, as he pleaded with the people on the queue who allowed him to withdraw, just as he collected an additional five thousand naira from his account and went back to the hospital to foot the bills.

About then, the surgery started immediately, but not after Femi had agreed to sign a consent form on behalf of her parents. The surgeons had utilized the appendicectomy technique in carrying out the operation, which is a single cut incision in order to remove the appendix. Thereafter, she was given antibiotics while intravenous drips were placed on several parts on her body.

The following day, her father arrived the hospital after driving down from Lokoja, the state capital. Femi got his number from her phone, and had put a call through to him informing him about the unfortunate development. Mr. Michael was very shocked to see his daughter in that condition. After her mother died, Ayo had been the one taking care of her siblings as the first child of the family.

Femi had slept on the hospital's corridor the night before as there was nobody to look after her. Mr. Michael was very grateful to him as he could barely thank him enough, Femi then briefed him about the doctor's report, purposely omitting the part where he added five thousand naira to the fee.

Later that day, different group of their coursemates started trouping to the hospital to pay her a courtesy visit, and also to pray with her. Except for Ibrahim who refused visiting. On the other hand, Ayo was too weak to thank all of them for coming, the least she could do was to see who came and respond with a warmly smile. Femi was with her until evening when he went back home after he had given her, her hand-bag together with her mobile phone.

FOUR DAYS LATER

Femi was at his lodge playing P.E.S with Bishop then a Land Rover SUV drove into the compound, shortly, he heard a knock at his door.

"Come in if you're beautiful!" Femi said still concentrating on the game before him.

Suddenly, he saw a human figure approaching towards his direction, and without the use of Rocket science, his modus operandi interpreted her to be a female. The closer she walked towards him, he was able to get a clearer view of her physique. The beautiful young lady walked majestically with a well calculated step, just as the restless wind stroke her hair from side to side, her beauty had totally captured his attention. Instantly, he felt butterflies in his stomach, and a thousand thought crossed through his mind in a second.

Femi stood up promptly, they were both staring at each other as though they knew themselves from time past. They both halted, gazing at each other frantically without uttering a word.

"Please, pardon my manners, I'd love if we start over from the beginning. My name is Odunayo, I'm 19years old, and I'm here to ask for your forgiveness." Ayo said breaking the silence coupled with a huge grin on her face. Her father who was waiting outside had brought her to Femi's residence, she had been discharged from the hospital.

"My name is Oluwafemi. I'm 20years old, and you're forgiven. Go and sin no more!" Femi replied with a straight face. Suddenly, Ayo's grin turned into a frown, she looked dejected as she slowly turned her back, and about to walk out of the room.

"Wait! I don't mean you should leave." Femi replied with a bigger grin on his face, as he opened his arms widely to embrace her. Just then, Ayo ran to embrace him as he raised her up in the process. "Must you always have to be funny?" Ayo chipped in stylishly immediately he dropped her down. Like in the movies, their lips got interlocked in a passionate kiss, which made Bishop to cover his eyes while he did the sign of the cross.

"Will you be my lover?" Femi said as he knelt down on the floor.

"I'll love you a thousands times, until the end of time." Ayo replied with a smile on her face, as she held him upright.

"I'm taking you to momma." Femi added with a cute wink.

At that moment, Femi was brought back to reality when someone tapped him on his shoulder, only to realize that he had been dreaming all along. He was sleeping in class but woke up to see Mr. Bello Arome standing beside him with a deadly look.

"Young man, leave my class right now!" Mr. Bello Arome commanded.

Femi stood up smiling, he looked around and saw that all eyes were on him, he shook his head and walked out of the class to the other side of life.

THE END.
Re: The University Village - A Story by Clemzy16(m): 11:42pm On Aug 22, 2015
Finally, the story has ended. If you do not understand the end, kindly read chapter one again. Thanks to everyone for reading.
Re: The University Village - A Story by Clemzy16(m): 11:43pm On Aug 22, 2015
LogoDWhiz:

Lol! Na so!
Okay. I understand. No problem. And if u have the chance to continue. Please do!
More wisdom, knowledge and understanding.
Thanks man.. God bless ya!!
Re: The University Village - A Story by Clemzy16(m): 11:47pm On Aug 22, 2015
Mztemmy:
[color=#770077][/color] great job u are doin here @clemzy16.....so much loving dis
Tnkz Mztemmy... You guys made it possible...
Re: The University Village - A Story by Clemzy16(m): 11:48pm On Aug 22, 2015
pami90:
clemzy.....u b d boss......i for give u knuckle chop if to say u dey near ......nice work baba cool
E no mata nah... Me sef receive the knucke through my phone... grin
Re: The University Village - A Story by Clemzy16(m): 11:50pm On Aug 22, 2015
chukwueloka:
great story opp... love the suspense though. I'd rather appreciate more quick updates
Tnkz chukwueloka.. I've updated with jet speed..
Re: The University Village - A Story by yungrashee(m): 12:31am On Aug 23, 2015
great story bro...abeq help me manage dz carton of Orijin.. grin grin
Re: The University Village - A Story by chrisbaby24(m): 3:34am On Aug 23, 2015
Nice one bro...u r good...
Re: The University Village - A Story by Olusharp(m): 6:50am On Aug 23, 2015
clemzy16 so everything na dream... nice one man...
Re: The University Village - A Story by nobletitus(f): 7:13am On Aug 23, 2015
Tenks for d updates.so interesting
Re: The University Village - A Story by Clemzy16(m): 9:42am On Aug 23, 2015
cc; Therock5555, D9ty7, Adegwurulez, Chistar01, FoxyFlow..

lalasticlala, ishilove.. F.P.P
Re: The University Village - A Story by Clemzy16(m): 9:51am On Aug 23, 2015
yungrashee:
great story bro...abeq help me manage dz carton of Orijin.. grin grin
Ur head dey there, if e no be orijin, e no be orijinal..
Re: The University Village - A Story by Clemzy16(m): 9:52am On Aug 23, 2015
chrisbaby24:
Nice one bro...u r good...
Thanks boss
Re: The University Village - A Story by Clemzy16(m): 9:54am On Aug 23, 2015
Olusharp:
clemzy16 so everything na dream... nice one man...
Yes oo! *in B.O.B's voice, It was just a dream..*
Re: The University Village - A Story by Clemzy16(m): 9:55am On Aug 23, 2015
nobletitus:
Tenks for d updates.so interesting
Thanks man...
Re: The University Village - A Story by labaski(f): 10:22am On Aug 23, 2015
I almost didn't understand it sef.. its a really nice work. thanks. and btw are u Sochistar??
Re: The University Village - A Story by chistar01(m): 10:49am On Aug 23, 2015
Double post.
Re: The University Village - A Story by chistar01(m): 10:50am On Aug 23, 2015
I'm here sir, going to drop a more meaninful comment when I catch up. So far so good though. Cheers.
Re: The University Village - A Story by chistar01(m): 10:51am On Aug 23, 2015
labaski:
I almost didn't understand it sef.. its a really nice work.
thanks. and btw are u Sochistar??
nope, he isn't. Why would you think that though?
Re: The University Village - A Story by labaski(f): 11:00am On Aug 23, 2015
chistar01:
nope, he isn't. Why would you think that though?
his signature..
Re: The University Village - A Story by Clemzy16(m): 11:27am On Aug 23, 2015
labaski:
his signature..
No.. I'm not sochistar.. I'm helping to advertise his blog..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Childhood Life With My Spoilt Neighbours / Diary Of A Jehovah's Withness.. / The Tenth Generation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.