Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,183 members, 7,818,590 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:22 PM

The University Village - A Story - Literature (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The University Village - A Story (45604 Views)

Tradition - A Story / The Club a story - #nlwriters / THE UNIVERSITY PRESTOS….episode 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The University Village - A Story by olanshile2016(m): 9:30am On Jun 20, 2016
Frontpage tinz,congrat at clemzy
Re: The University Village - A Story by Dugozpweeti(f): 12:17pm On Jun 20, 2016
Wow! I enjoyed reading this story. Well. Coordinated, nice choice of words, captivating storyline and an annoying end.
All the same big thumbs-up to you @ Clemzy16
Re: The University Village - A Story by Nobody: 1:22pm On Jun 20, 2016
Just read this beautiful story. cheesy cheesy

A kudos to you clemzy16
It's a nice piece.

More ink to your pen wink

1 Like

Re: The University Village - A Story by Silensa(m): 2:24pm On Jun 20, 2016
Wow so so much captivating and great. Nice piece

1 Like

Re: The University Village - A Story by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jun 20, 2016
nice story... please everyone go in and vote for refiner.
www.nairaland.com/3176659/miss-nairaland-contest-2016-elimination

Re: The University Village - A Story by blinxbest(m): 5:33pm On Jun 20, 2016
love this bro, u still in ksu? will like to meet...
Re: The University Village - A Story by Clemzy16(m): 7:48pm On Jun 20, 2016
showmethemoney:

Yet is a great dream, ur story make me missed a naming.
Thanks man.. God bless you!!
Re: The University Village - A Story by Clemzy16(m): 7:53pm On Jun 20, 2016
olanshile2016:
Frontpage tinz,congrat at clemzy
Yes oo..

I'm even surprised it made frontpage.. I've ended the story since last year.. Big ups to the Moderator who made this possible...

1 Like

Re: The University Village - A Story by Clemzy16(m): 7:58pm On Jun 20, 2016
Dugozpweeti:
Wow! I enjoyed reading this story. Well. Coordinated, nice choice of words, captivating storyline and an annoying end.
All the same big thumbs-up to you @ Clemzy16
Thanks ma'am.. You guys are so wonderful.. Jah bless..
Re: The University Village - A Story by Clemzy16(m): 8:02pm On Jun 20, 2016
blinxbest:
love this bro, u still in ksu? will like to meet...
Yeah.. I'm still a student.. Check your mail!!
Re: The University Village - A Story by Clemzy16(m): 8:04pm On Jun 20, 2016
I wanna use this privilege to inform you guys that I'm cookin' up a new story which I'll start posting here on Nairaland when I'm done writing..

Jah bless y'all!!
Re: The University Village - A Story by Dugozpweeti(f): 8:40pm On Jun 20, 2016
Clemzy16:
Thanks ma'am.. You guys are so wonderful.. Jah bless..

You're welcome
Re: The University Village - A Story by Ndukings92(m): 4:15pm On Jun 21, 2016
feed us more na,abeg Mr Clemzy
Re: The University Village - A Story by DharmyYinks: 2:22pm On Jun 22, 2016
I love this piece... It's quite captivating or so I thought wink

Nice one Clemzy 16

1 Like

Re: The University Village - A Story by SweetieConstie(f): 9:07am On Jun 23, 2016
Wow! This is a very beautiful story! Amazing choice of words... I was so captivated! smiley

Big Ups to you Clemzy16... You rock!

1 Like

Re: The University Village - A Story by breehzy99(m): 3:30am On Jun 24, 2016
WOOOW!!!! This is great... Its fvcking INTERESTING. Kudos brO. Talented Writer #Clemzy16 Nice write-up!

1 Like

Re: The University Village - A Story by Orevastar5(m): 9:55pm On Jun 28, 2016
Clemzy16:
Chapter 1

6th, Jan, 20**

The street was lone and void of people who normally tour the route to their various destinations. This was quite unusual considering the influx of students and indigens who frequents the ever busy stadium road, which serves as a pathway to other areas of the town.

Femi thought to himself. Suddenly, he saw a human figure from afar approaching towards his direction, and without the use of rocket science, his modus operandi interpreted her to be a female. The closer she walked towards him, he was able to get a clearer view of her physique. The beautiful young lady was walking majestically with a well calculated step, notwithstanding the restless wind which stroke her hair from side to side. Her beauty had totally captured his attention, Femi felt butterflies in his stomach. A thousand thought crossed through his mind in a split second, he resolved to making an attempt towards knowing her as a brilliant idea popped into his head. Coincidentally, the lady kept staring at him as she walked closer as though they had known each other from time past, and just few inches before she walked passed him, Femi swerved into her pathway startling her, she was obviously taken by surprise.

They both halted, gazing at each other frantically into the eyes without uttering a word. Suddenly, she attempted moving aside until she was interrupted again as Femi kept blocking every of her move. This routine lasted for a while before she succumbed to his game while giving him an inquisitive stare.

"Please, pardon my manners." Femi said breaking the silence. "My mom positioned me to bring home the most beautiful girl I have ever met for marriage, I was searching for her until I found you. And I won't let go unless you follow me home." He added with a tone of finality, coated with a cute wink.

The lady was marvelled by his level of confidence and humour put together, since the prospective bachelor was quite young to get married, considering his age. She thought to herself, as her lips suddenly curved into a smile, and then an uncontrolled laughter ensued.

"Are you serious, or you're just trying to be funny?" She finally spoke with a huge grin on her face. She looked even more prettier this time.

"I've never been so serious. Time is tickling and mama won't be happy." He responded with a bigger grin on his face.

"Hold it, mummy's boy. It's funny how you intend to marry someone whose name you don't even know" She retorted.

"My apologies ma'am. Lemme guess. You must be Isabella by name." He asserted.

She gesticulated by shaking her head in the negative. "How about Gloria?" Nope! She replied. "No doubt you must be Patience Jonathan then" Femi said playfully.

"C'mon, must you always have to be funny. My name is Odunayo. And I'll marry you on the condition that you won't kill me with laughter." Ayo replied twerling her hair stylishly.

Femi was elated with euphoria as he thrusted his fist in the air, his joy knew no bound as he attempted to hug her, but immediately he opened his arm, she practically disappeared out of sight, leaving Femi stranded with awe. Then, he fell into deep oblivion.....

THIS IS THE BEGINNING OF THE END!!

TO BE CONTINUED
Re: The University Village - A Story by Orevastar5(m): 10:11pm On Jun 28, 2016
Clemzy16:
Chapter 2

It was a beautiful morning. The atmospheric condition was relatively cold prior to an heavy downpour that fell a day before.

After several tossing and turning, Femi had finally woken up from sleep, he stared at the wall-clock located at the centre corner of his room and the time reads 11:35am. He heaved a sigh of relief, and had a flashback as he began reminiscing about his stressful journey to school the previous day.

Femi had boarded a public transportation bus from check-point in Okene at 5pm. The vehicle later developed mechanical problem along the Adogo-Ajaokuta Road as it began to overheat. The driver who was the first to observe heat protruding from the engine of the vehicle had informed the passengers as he parked along the side of the Road. He made to open the engine cover and after several trials and errors, he discovered that the fan belt of the vehicle had become cut. He looked around him from where he could sought for help, just then he realized that they were stucked in the middle of nowhere. The highway was surrounded with bushes on both sides. There was nobody on sight, no houses and most importantly, no mechanic workshop nearby. Then, it dawned on him that they were gonna be around for a while. The driver went back to inform his passengers about the development, telling them he would need to locate the nearest village, in orded to inquire where he could find a mechanic workshop from where he intended to buy a new fan-belt. This didn't go down well with the passengers as most of them made some inflammatory remarks, considering that actual time and when they would eventually arrive at their destinations. The driver, however, pleaded with them not to be upset and asked for volunteers who would accompany him as they embark on that ultimate search.

A male passenger including Femi volunteered to go along with him as they started treking. About 30mins later, the trio sighted some disperse houses in Adogo village, they walked towards a particular house where they met an aged man probably in his 60s, and after explaining their ordeal to him, he informed them that they had only one local mechanic in the village who doesn't sell fan-belt. In a bid to alleviate their problem, he offered to convey them to Ajaokuta with his motorcycle, which is about 10mins ride from Adogo. Fortunately, they were able to procure a new fan-belt immediately they got to Ajaokuta. Indeed, they were gleeful but time wasn't friendly anymore, as it was already 6:14pm. They hurriely mounted the bike, whilst riding swiftly to their vehicle, and that was when it began to rain heavily. They had no choice but to relinquish themselves to the wrath of the rain, but that was after they had kept their perishable items which could be damaged by water into Femi's water-proof handbag. At exactly 8:00pm, they reached their vehicle and fixed the fan-belt. The driver offered to pay the aged man for his help, but he rejected the money and prayed for them as they continued with their journey.

The aggrieved passengers who were already shivering as a result of the cold were insulting the driver for not putting his vehicle in good condition before embarking on the journey. Femi who knew the stress the driver had gone through, kept mum, and even decided not to collect his remaining change from the driver. It took them another two hours to arrive at Anyigba, the host community of Kogi State University.

Femi alighted from the vehicle, collected his luggage and food items from the boot and beckoned at an okada man to take him to Freedom Quarters, which happened to be his Lodge. A fellow female passenger who appeared impatient to wait for another bike literally begged to sit with Femi and he obliged reluctantly.

The okada man was riding at top speed before they were accosted at "Our Lady of Fatima Lodge" by the dreaded vigilante group. Femi had just moved from frying pan to fire.....

TO BE CONTINUED
Re: The University Village - A Story by Greendly(m): 8:34am On Jun 29, 2016
rating it 10/10...nice one

1 Like

Re: The University Village - A Story by Ogenking(m): 12:28pm On Jun 29, 2016
Hmmm a bottle of squadron rum?? I smell norse blud there
Re: The University Village - A Story by Clemzy16(m): 11:23am On Jun 30, 2016
Greendly:
rating it 10/10...nice one
Thanks Greendly
Re: The University Village - A Story by HisMajesty1(m): 4:14pm On Jun 30, 2016
Hmmn! As a KSU alumnus I can relate with nostalgia to this your story. Particularly your use of real places both on campus and the university village. Good work!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Childhood Life With My Spoilt Neighbours / Diary Of A Jehovah's Withness.. / The Tenth Generation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.