Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,548 members, 7,958,684 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 08:38 PM

Treatment For Cough - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Treatment For Cough (2146 Views)

Housewife Seeks Healing For Cough, Impregnated By Pastor Who Prays For Nude Wome / Photo: Does This Baby Deserve This Treatment For What He Did? / My Four Months Old Baby Is Having Cattarh And Cough (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Treatment For Cough by theomeka: 10:31pm On Aug 01, 2015
1. Stop breathing through your mouth and breathe only through your nose.

2. While performing the first step, count eight seconds between each breath.

3. Repeat this method for at least four to 5 minutes.

4. Apply Vicks VapoRub on the soles of your feet.

5. Put socks on your feet, and lay in a relaxed position for at least five minutes.

6. Walk around if the cough persists

Other methods

1. Drink plenty of water. The fluid will help flush out harmful bacteria or viruses and keep your throat moist. Suck on cough lozenges or hard candies. This will moisten your dry, scratchy throat

2. Drink herbal tea, or lemon juice and hot water, with a spoonful of honey mixed in. The hot liquid will loosen the mucus in your throat and the honey will coat your throat and suppress the cough

3. Chew on a piece of ginger with salt sprinkled on it. Ginger will coat and reduce the irritation to your throat

4. Gargle with a mixture of water and salt. The salt will disinfect your mouth and clear the passageway to your throat for easier breathing.

ยท Make sure you don't swallow the salt water.

5. Mix a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar into a cup of water and drink it. Vinegar works as an anti-inflammatory and antiseptic on your throat

6. Breathe in the steam from a hot shower or vaporizer. Steam moistens the air and loosens the mucus in your throat

visit your doctor for proper medical check up if the cough persists.

see source for more tips: http://tradot.com/blog/post?BrightMekaBlog_Treatment-for-cough-895b

1 Like

Re: Treatment For Cough by austine4real(m): 10:58pm On Aug 01, 2015
Osogbo weed&kolanut wll solve it
Re: Treatment For Cough by theomeka: 7:24am On Aug 02, 2015
Hmm
Re: Treatment For Cough by kevindd: 3:51pm On Aug 21, 2015
Apple cider vinegar helps nice with cough. I always use it in such situations. It has a lot of other healthy features you can read about on http://www.nutritioneinstein.com/health-benefits-of-apple-cider-vinegar My friend recommended me to use it for such treatment, and it worked for me smiley
Re: Treatment For Cough by Nobody: 9:02pm On Aug 21, 2015
austine4real:
Osogbo weed&kolanut wll solve it

Thank you, my brother. I don't understand all this long, long processes for common cough that 100naira SK will cure.

1 Like

Re: Treatment For Cough by temi4fash(m): 10:50pm On Aug 21, 2015
Timbuktou:

Thank you, my brother. I don't understand all this long, long processes for common cough that 100naira SK will cure.

Are you serious?
Re: Treatment For Cough by Chidoks(f): 11:22pm On Aug 21, 2015
honey is also good.i always use it for my baby. someone once recomended onion juice, i tried it but discarded it cos i didn't see any significant improvement.honey on the other hand works like magic
Re: Treatment For Cough by Gigihealth: 12:17am On Jul 16, 2016
Chronic cough can be prevented by not smoking, managing medical problems such as asthma, GERD, postnasal drips and also getting vaccinated against whooping cough. Click on the link below to know more about cough, their causes, preventions and treatments.
http://www.gigihealth.com/chronic-cough-some-facts-about-cough-you-dont-know-about/

(1) (Reply)

Men, Go Within! / Come In And Your Hubby Dare Not Cheat On You / Help Me Am In The Middle Of The Red Sea

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.