Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,500 members, 7,954,913 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 12:25 PM

The Early Church Vs The Modern Church - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Early Church Vs The Modern Church (37967 Views)

Why Is The Church Today Different From The Early Church? / Were The Early Christians Roman Catholics? / What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Early Church Vs The Modern Church by Adekdammy: 10:13am On Aug 02, 2015
Am not focusing on the wrong but re awaken the church leadership and followers about how it was in the beginning. You wil agree that the church is now conforming to the things of the world. In all, the church will get it right again in Jesus name. Stay blessed.
SuperMaq:

You are so wrong!

If you read read your bible very well you would know that it is the Lord that is building His church. And I know He is doing a very good job. But you, by your post, think He is not doing a good job, and that He left the church today worse than the early church.
If you also study your bible very well, you would know that the glory of the later house is far better than that of the former. Besides, the path of the righteous is as a shining light that shines brighter and brighter unto the perfect day. In other words, the church is better and more effective today than it was back then. The church will be better next year than it is today. That's how it works. Why? Becaue the Lord who builds His church neither slumbers nor sleeps.

Stop looking at the wrong thing. If God was looking at the sin of the world He wouldn't have sent the Lord Jesus to save the world. So when you look at the church, look with the eyes of the Spirit.

The early church shared what they had in common, but that was not a commandment. When the Apostle Paul came on the scene, the church had grown spiritually and numerically, so they were no longer doing that. The Apostle Paul took the work of the ministry to another level and to distant lands outside Israel. So the church had grown beyond 120, and so couldn't be sharing things in common. They now had churches here and there, and were not even meeting at the same place.

Don't find yourself saying that church is worldly, and worse than the early church. That's not the way the spiritually minded talk. Do I mean there are no challenges in the church? A thousand times no. But we share the word with those who are facing challenges to their walk with the Lord and pray for them, adding that which every joint should supply, and thereby cause growth and development in His body. Don't join the devil and spread evil words about the church.

God bless you.
Re: The Early Church Vs The Modern Church by Nobody: 10:16am On Aug 02, 2015
undecided go to church
missgray:
Nice points I must say smiley
Re: The Early Church Vs The Modern Church by Nobody: 10:18am On Aug 02, 2015
Am a Muslim cool
terza:
undecided go to church
Re: The Early Church Vs The Modern Church by charmingeyes(m): 10:19am On Aug 02, 2015
Truth is men need to go back to life that portray exemplary lifestyle of true character based in biblical principles.
But, only very few are ready for that. May God help us revive His works.
Re: The Early Church Vs The Modern Church by salbis(m): 10:38am On Aug 02, 2015
ronald4lif:

Church and religion are the most massive fraud that has ever befell mankind. For a better and productive society they must be expunge.
. A true church or religion rooted on Christ can never and will never be a problem to mankind. With true church, world would have been a wonderful place for mankind to subdue! .
Re: The Early Church Vs The Modern Church by mecuzee(m): 10:50am On Aug 02, 2015
SuperMaq:

You are so wrong!

If you read read your bible very well you would know that it is the Lord that is building His church. And I know He is doing a very good job. But you, by your post, think He is not doing a good job, and that He left the church today worse than the early church.
If you also study your bible very well, you would know that the glory of the later house is far better than that of the former. Besides, the path of the righteous is as a shining light that shines brighter and brighter unto the perfect day. In other words, the church is better and more effective today than it was back then. The church will be better next year than it is today. That's how it works. Why? Becaue the Lord who builds His church neither slumbers nor sleeps.

Stop looking at the wrong thing. If God was looking at the sin of the world He wouldn't have sent the Lord Jesus to save the world. So when you look at the church, look with the eyes of the Spirit.

The early church shared what they had in common, but that was not a commandment. When the Apostle Paul came on the scene, the church had grown spiritually and numerically, so they were no longer doing that. The Apostle Paul took the work of the ministry to another level and to distant lands outside Israel. So the church had grown beyond 120, and so couldn't be sharing things in common. They now had churches here and there, and were not even meeting at the same place.

Don't find yourself saying that church is worldly, and worse than the early church. That's not the way the spiritually minded talk. Do I mean there are no challenges in the church? A thousand times no. But we share the word with those who are facing challenges to their walk with the Lord and pray for them, adding that which every joint should supply, and thereby cause growth and development in His body. Don't join the devil and spread evil words about the church.

God bless you.

Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity. Its an instruction of the Lord. Prove all things, hold fast to that which is good.
BLW
Re: The Early Church Vs The Modern Church by ojubi(m): 10:59am On Aug 02, 2015
SuperMaq:

You are so wrong!

God bless you.

RUBISH EXCUSE TO JUSTIFY UNGODLINESS PERPETRATED BY TODAYS CHURCH. SO IN YOUR OPINION THE CHURCH IN THE EARLY DAYS WERE SMALL IN NUMBERS HENCE THEY COULD AFFORD TO SHARE WHAT THEY HAVE, BUT TODAYS CHURCH IS HUGE SO THE PASTOR AND A FEW OTHERS ARE FREE TO KEEP ALL THE PROCEDS FOR THEMSELVES AND THEIR FAMILIES?
YOU WHENT FURTHER TO CLAIME THA T THE SHARING WHICH WAS DONE BY LOVE WAS NOT A COMMAND? HOW MUCH LIES CAN YOU AND YOUR LIKE PERPETUATE IN GODS CHURCH? ( DID NOT JESUS SAYS " IN AS MUCH AS YOU HAVE DONE IT TO THE LEAST OF THIS MY BRETHREN YOU HAVE DONE IT TO ME?)
Re: The Early Church Vs The Modern Church by chigoizie7(m): 11:00am On Aug 02, 2015
ProphetUdeme:
The early church shared everything they had in common and even sold their possessions to help their fellow members in needs while the modern church only shares their estates with their family. Thanks op

NO bro, THE MODERN CHURCH will trick the poor and collect all they have(little they have) so as to get themselves estates.

1 Like

Re: The Early Church Vs The Modern Church by flowjoe: 11:09am On Aug 02, 2015
True talk, ah swer
Re: The Early Church Vs The Modern Church by Deapexboy(m): 11:13am On Aug 02, 2015
All this mod no dey go church
Re: The Early Church Vs The Modern Church by mecuzee(m): 11:15am On Aug 02, 2015
SuperMaq:
Thank God you are only dreaming. And besides, it is hard for anyone or government to kick against the pricks. Go and read the history of the church: it is the most powerful organization in the whole world, more power than any known government and the UN.
If you don't know who you're dealing with, ask Saul of Tarsus!

"It's hard to kick against the prices"
Its a revelation that's applicable in several ways. The members of the body of Christ are Christ himself. Jesus said anything you do to the least of the brethren is done unto him. The weak is to be supported by the strong. Read all the Scriptures about money in the acts of the apostles and find out what all the money that was collected easy used for and you'll be amazed. The only reason that was given why Christains get sick is not discerning the Lord's body (it's a revelation). The bible says that men are to SEE our GOD WORKS and glorify the Father. Talking about good works we have a standard already. Scriptures talk of Jesus going about doing good, healing all that were oppressed of the devil for God was with him. Freely we've received and so we freely give. Paul told Timothy to CHARGE Christains that are rich to... That they do good, that they be rich in good works, ready to distribute, willing to communicate; Laying up in store for themselves a good foundation against the time to come, that they may lay hold on eternal life. The bible has a lot to talk about money. I always encourage Christains to study God's Word for themselves and let the Holy Spirit himself teach us.

Re: The Early Church Vs The Modern Church by joseph1832(m): 11:17am On Aug 02, 2015
The modern church is a mockery of christianity! There is absolutely nothing christlike in its dealings. All the modern church is focused on is accumulation of wealth, collection of tithe, offering and sowing seed money in bullion vans and of course, the preaching of prosperity!.

Indeed, the modern church has turn to the embodiment of imperialism, where the greed of a select few is placed above the want of the vast majority!.

3 Likes

Re: The Early Church Vs The Modern Church by mecuzee(m): 11:18am On Aug 02, 2015
Ojubi you're very correct! [quote author=ojubi post=36523102][/quote]
Re: The Early Church Vs The Modern Church by Odunharry(m): 11:18am On Aug 02, 2015
Adekdammy:
Some of my observations about the EARLY CHURCH and the MODERN CHURCH

The EARLY CHURCH, men saw their life styles and called them CHRISTIANS but the MODERN CHURCH perhaps through our carrying of bible men will assume we are CHRISTIANS because there is no correlation between our lives and the Christian faith.

THE EARLY CHURCH according to the scriptures shared everything they had in common but THE MODERN CHURCH it's all about to your tent o ye Israel

THE EARLY CHURCH appoints men who are full of faith and Holy spirit into position of authority but the MODERN CHURCH appoints men who are full of cash and influence into position of authority.

THE EARLY CHURCH message is all about reconciling men back to God via the gospel of the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ while the MODERN CHURCH message is all about come to my church.

The EARLY CHURCH influenced the world but this days, THE MODERN CHURCH is being influenced by the world.

We pray this day that the Lord will rekindle the fire and revival as of old in the church of today so that the church will be a guide to the nations again in Jesus name, amen.

Have a blessed day in His presence. Maranatha...He cometh soon.
Nice one
Re: The Early Church Vs The Modern Church by Nobody: 11:26am On Aug 02, 2015
capip120:
If I were president I will make sure to close all churches and live only one church in each state capitol grin grin call me heartless but that is the truth most churches are scams. How do you explain where a pastor who claims to be a man of God say that if you don't have N500,000 you can't attend his school? Same pastor has 2-3private jets with annual care and maintenance gulping upto $3 million us dollars? And your members remain poor!!! angry angry pray I never become a president because I will probe all these men of God. Nansense angry grin grin Qoute me at your own peril.

Anyone can become a president in this country with the right backings... However u will never become one you bomboclad oaf.
Re: The Early Church Vs The Modern Church by An2elect2(f): 11:33am On Aug 02, 2015
There are only two groups in Christendom. They are:
1. The wheat
2. The tares

The wheat comprises of those who have been washed
by the blood of the lamb, who believe and stand for the
truth even if it cost them their lives. They are people
who have experienced the new birth in Christ and are
partakers of his death. They love and rejoice in the
truth. And hate the lie. They are so few but got a billion
trillion army right behind them. They are over comers.
Their gospel is offensive to men and for this reason
they are hated. Not deterred by this, they still love. Did
i say they are the most misunderstood?

The tares are similar in appearance but the exact
opposite of the wheat. They are denominated by their
private interpretation of the word and traditions. Even
though, they speak like they are for Christ, they are
simply after their selfish interest. To them, Christ is a
sure means not the end. They only have a profession
without life. They are blind but claim to have sight.
They hate the truth and hence the instruments of truth
They are fine with half truth and lies, just anything that
keeps them at ease IN ZION! They are compromisers
and always ready to spite the wheats for standing their
ground. The hate the wheats more than they hate the
devil, that is if they hate him at all. They are so large in
number. In short they are not scarce. You see them
everywhere you go. They love the world and seek love
and acceptance from the world. Their lives are
mirrored after the world but decorated with "feel good
Jesus messages" And the world love them cos they
are ONE! They can be found in any church out there.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Early Church Vs The Modern Church by Nobody: 11:37am On Aug 02, 2015
All of them re thieves, am a Christian and I know what am saying, modern churches re worst
Re: The Early Church Vs The Modern Church by vickynwamma2015(m): 11:39am On Aug 02, 2015
In the early Church, people are afraid of the apostles bcs there is nothing they can't do in the name of Jesus but the modern church, people are more afraid of whicth doctors than the name of Jesus.
Re: The Early Church Vs The Modern Church by respect80(m): 11:44am On Aug 02, 2015
kossyablaze:
Well...lemme summarize it in just few words...The early church is basically Catholic,then later Anglican...If u don't go any of these churches,there's 89% chance you are attending the Modern church where the oga general cruises on ova 4 privates jets and feeds on the gullible followers.
KARL MARX was right afterall...Religion is the opium of the masses!
Nawaoo to u oo lipsrsealed
kossyablaze:
Well...lemme summarize it in just few words...The early church is basically Catholic,then later Anglican...If u don't go any of these churches,there's 89% chance you are attending the Modern church where the oga general cruises on ova 4 privates jets and feeds on the gullible followers.
Nawaoo to u oo
Re: The Early Church Vs The Modern Church by Nobody: 11:54am On Aug 02, 2015
The early church worshipped on the seventh day sabbath and called upon the true name of the Almighty Yahweh and his son Yahshua, but the Europeans gave us an adulterated religion.
Re: The Early Church Vs The Modern Church by Mznaett: 11:58am On Aug 02, 2015
The people of early church wore gown when preaching so one is able to get d msg clearer

but now,d modern church put on trousers and that's y d people cnt get d real msg again cry
Re: The Early Church Vs The Modern Church by dnacrystal: 12:00pm On Aug 02, 2015
Adekdammy:
Some of my observations about the EARLY CHURCH and the MODERN CHURCH

The EARLY CHURCH, men saw their life styles and called them CHRISTIANS but the MODERN CHURCH perhaps through our carrying of bible men will assume we are CHRISTIANS because there is no correlation between our lives and the Christian faith.

THE EARLY CHURCH according to the scriptures shared everything they had in common but THE MODERN. CHURCH it's all about to your tent o ye Israel If you are serious then you can start by sharing your possessions with me

THE EARLY CHURCH appoints men who are full of faith and Holy spirit into position of authority but the MODERN CHURCH appoints men who are full of cash and influence into position of authority.

THE EARLY CHURCH message is all about reconciling men back to God via the gospel of the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ while the MODERN CHURCH message is all about come to my church.

The EARLY CHURCH influenced the world but this days, THE MODERN CHURCH is being influenced by the world.

We pray this day that the Lord will rekindle the fire and revival as of old in the church of today so that the church will be a guide to the nations again in Jesus name, amen.

Have a blessed day in His presence. Maranatha...He cometh soon.
Re: The Early Church Vs The Modern Church by onoerime: 12:06pm On Aug 02, 2015
boman2014:
UNTIL GOD COMES DOWN, I WILL NEVER STEP MY FOOT IN ANY CHURCH
then you are doomed for condemnation. Look for a bible believing church and attend. Forget not the gathering of the brethren

1 Like

Re: The Early Church Vs The Modern Church by mickyeddi(m): 12:08pm On Aug 02, 2015
kossyablaze:

Do you know the amount of wealth the Vatican is sitting on? Do you know that the Anglican church was involved in the slavery of Africans? In short religion has destroyed your continent.
Re: The Early Church Vs The Modern Church by Eddlad: 12:15pm On Aug 02, 2015
ronald4lif:

Church and religion are the most massive fraud that has ever befell mankind. For a better and productive society they must be expunge.

Yes expunge church, let's use our knowledge to create guns, nuclear weapons and kill each other instead.Is that about right?
Re: The Early Church Vs The Modern Church by Jayne07(f): 12:16pm On Aug 02, 2015
Reading the comments of some ppl here, it's obvious that d amount of ppl that will perish in he'll is far greater than any of us will ever imagine. Ignorance really is bad. Go to church no matter what and let Christ lead u biko. Don't just listen to what's coming out of one pastors mouth and because of that decide to remain at home. Listen to God
Re: The Early Church Vs The Modern Church by Jayne07(f): 12:20pm On Aug 02, 2015
[quote author=Mznaett post=36524647]The people of early church wore gown when preaching so one is able to get d msg clearer

but now,d modern church put on trousers and that's y d people cnt get d real msg again cry[/qluote] so if God should use a mad man to minister to u, u'd disagree with God bcs he's a mad man and u know beta. Forget their earthly appearance and connect with ur God
Re: The Early Church Vs The Modern Church by ronald4lif(m): 12:26pm On Aug 02, 2015
Eddlad:

Yes expunge church, let's use our knowledge to create guns, nuclear weapons and kill each other instead.Is that about right?

I don't know what you're on about but perhaps you need to be reminded that religion divisiveness and factions have spawned more war than any other dissension in the history of mankind.
Re: The Early Church Vs The Modern Church by Eddlad: 12:39pm On Aug 02, 2015
ronald4lif:

I don't know what you're on about but perhaps you need to be reminded that religion divisiveness and factions have spawned more war than any other dissension in the history of mankind.

Let's say you are right,
last I checked freethinkers and those you don't engage in "religious futility" were the ones who used their knowledge and time to create these weapons which were employed in these wars.
Re: The Early Church Vs The Modern Church by jeevyww(m): 12:46pm On Aug 02, 2015
kossyablaze:

Point of correction the Early church in the bible the Op talked about isn't catholic
Re: The Early Church Vs The Modern Church by Lawsimon(m): 1:08pm On Aug 02, 2015
kossyablaze:
Stop confusing people. The early church was neither Catholic nor Anglican, it had no such names, ok.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Demons Love Sperm,and Discharges. / TB Joshua Delivers Nneoma Ukpabi From Overdue Pregnancy / Love Potions, Love Charms, Love Spells, Enchanted Love...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.