Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,166 members, 7,821,953 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:39 PM

Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< - Technology Market (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< (1224753 Views)

Buying Itunes and Amazon @ Good rates / Attractive Dollar Exchange Rates For Online Shoppers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (908) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Ymodulus: 10:52am On Aug 10, 2015
The $300 only affect withdrawals on foreign countries. It does not affect online payment or POS.

Call your bank customer care to confirm. Am extra sure 4000% sure

2 Likes

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by kennyman2000(m): 10:59am On Aug 10, 2015
Ymodulus:
The $300 only affect withdrawals on foreign countries. It does not affect online payment or POS.

Thanks for this Ymodulus.. Alreadily, there's fear everywhere cos of this.
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by yemi2plus(m): 11:15am On Aug 10, 2015
Ymodulus:

However, in view of the increased difficulty in sourcing foreign currency to settle international transactions on Naira MasterCards, we have reduced the DAILY international spending limit on your Naira MasterCard to $300. This means that you can only spend up to $300 daily when using your GTBank Naira MasterCard for international payments via POS and online.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Ymodulus: 11:18am On Aug 10, 2015
yemi2plus:

However, in view of the increased difficulty in sourcing foreign currency to settle international transactions on Naira MasterCards, we have reduced the DAILY international spending limit on your Naira MasterCard to $300. This means that you can only spend up to $300 daily when using your GTBank Naira MasterCard for international payments via POS and online.
No bro.

OK let me redraft my statement. It does not affect online payments but online withdrawals/pos transaction made in a foreign land.

So online payers are safe. You on my bbm I can forward you a record of my conversation with the customer care.

1 Like

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by dailydolla4u(m): 11:25am On Aug 10, 2015
When it comes to customer service, Stanbic IBTC remain my Number one for now oo! Cos I don't know what tomorrow will bring. And the updated account information is seconds to none.

2 Likes

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by bizzle2: 12:12pm On Aug 10, 2015
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by bizzle2: 12:13pm On Aug 10, 2015
the present CBN governor is as clueless as they come, i don't understand his policies sometimes
989900:

Sh!.t just got insane!

Are these not borderline illegal?

I've sent them so many mails, right now GTB's card services email account is full; cant receive new mail.

We need to do something.

If exchange rates were any better, then I'd understand the sacrifice . . . my faith in them making that happen is dim as it is.
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by bizzle2: 3:43pm On Aug 10, 2015
Just in

2 Likes

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by 989900: 4:22pm On Aug 10, 2015
Thank you for contacting Guaranty Trust Bank's Cardservices.

We are in receipt of your mail and we sincerely empathize with you on the inconvenience you may have experienced.

Please be informed that we have just been notified today 10/08/2015 that you are now eligible to make a $10,000 monthly POS/Online transaction; such that you can decide to initiate a $10,000 transaction in a day-which automatically means you have exhausted your monthly limit, this was updated after the initial circular sent during the weekend.

Please note that your daily ATM withdrawal limit is still $300 and its not included in the $10,000 POS/Online monthly limit, likewise your annual limit still remains $50,000 respectively.

Once again we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Thank you for banking with us.
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by kennyman2000(m): 4:53pm On Aug 10, 2015
989900:
Thank you for contacting Guaranty Trust Bank's Cardservices.

We are in receipt of your mail and we sincerely empathize with you on the inconvenience you may have experienced.

Please be informed that we have just been notified today 10/08/2015 that you are now eligible to make a $10,000 monthly POS/Online transaction; such that you can decide to initiate a $10,000 transaction in a day-which automatically means you have exhausted your monthly limit, this was updated after the initial circular sent during the weekend.

Please note that your daily ATM withdrawal limit is still $300 and its not included in the $10,000 POS/Online monthly limit, likewise your annual limit still remains $50,000 respectively.

Once again we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Thank you for banking with us.

Gtbank is confused...

3 Likes

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by bizzle2: 4:57pm On Aug 10, 2015
swear down
kennyman2000:

Gtbank is confused...

2 Likes

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by modath(f): 5:02pm On Aug 10, 2015
bizzle2:
swear down

kennyman2000:

Gtbank is confused...

True that...

2 Likes

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by adamspee(m): 5:05pm On Aug 10, 2015
stabicibtcbank 10/08/2015
$20 made at williamhill.com
=N4140
ie $1 =4140/20 =207
time was 5pm.
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by tonjeola(m): 5:12pm On Aug 10, 2015
Jeffy1206:
still waiting for the refund... Will definitely update.
stanbic refund me @199, when I was debited @207, they ve called me 2ce now, they are going to call again. They will not rest until they refunded the bal
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Zface(m): 6:05pm On Aug 10, 2015
tonjeola:
stanbic refund me @199, when I was debited @207, they ve called me 2ce now, they are going to call again. They will not rest until they refunded the bal
lolz... They cant refund u @ d rate of 207
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by tonjeola(m): 6:26pm On Aug 10, 2015
Zface:
lolz... They cant refund u @ d rate of 207
I know, but @206 or 206.5

1 Like

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Zface(m): 9:31pm On Aug 10, 2015
tonjeola:
I know, but @206 or 206.5
u shld thank them if they refund u at 203. Those banks has buying and selling rate.
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by tonjeola(m): 11:15pm On Aug 10, 2015
Zface:
u shld thank them if they refund u at 203. Those banks has buying and selling rate.
bank buying & selling rate is between 197 - 199
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by abbeyforex(m): 7:20am On Aug 11, 2015
Updated Aug. 11, 2015 7:10 a.m. Nigerian Time

BEIJING—China’s central bank(PBOC) devalued its tightly controlled currency, causing its biggest one-day loss in two decades, as the world’s second-largest economy continues to sputter.

Chinese authorities said the change would help drive the currency toward more market-driven movements. The move also signaled the government’s growing worry about slow growth. A shift toward a weaker currency could help flagging exports at a time when many other efforts to boost the economy haven’t proven very effective.

China’s yuan(RMB) has been on an upward track for a decade, during which the country’s economy grew to be the second largest in the world and the currency gained importance globally. The devaluation Tuesday was the most significant downward adjustment to the yuan since 1994, when as part of a break from Communist state planning, Beijing let the currency fall by one-third.

Effect to we Importers :

As a currency becomes cheaper versus other currencies, it becomes more attractive for investors to buy it because they can often take a long (wait for the price to increase) position and make money that way. It also gives more incentive for investors/creditors to invest in large projects that are happening within an economy. Products that are created in a china become more attractive because of their price. Products now become lesser if one takes solely relative purchasing power into account.

One historical example of keeping a currency artificially cheap is China keeping the Renminbi cheap and pegged to the dollar. They wanted consumers/companies from abroad to buy their products so their businesses could continue to grow. This is one reason why China saw a booming economy in export industry. Many Western companies chose to have their products sourced from China because they knew they would get a good exchange rate, thus making the product cheaper. By keeping the Renminbi cheap, China was able to promote trade and begin to help their struggling economy. They have only recently begun to take away some of their instruments that artificially keep the prices low.
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by 989900: 8:13am On Aug 11, 2015
abbeyforex:
Updated Aug. 11, 2015 7:10 a.m. Nigerian Time

BEIJING—China’s central bank(PBOC) devalued its tightly controlled currency, causing its biggest one-day loss in two decades, as the world’s second-largest economy continues to sputter.

Chinese authorities said the change would help drive the currency toward more market-driven movements. The move also signaled the government’s growing worry about slow growth. A shift toward a weaker currency could help flagging exports at a time when many other efforts to boost the economy haven’t proven very effective.

China’s yuan(RMB) has been on an upward track for a decade, during which the country’s economy grew to be the second largest in the world and the currency gained importance globally. The devaluation Tuesday was the most significant downward adjustment to the yuan since 1994, when as part of a break from Communist state planning, Beijing let the currency fall by one-third.

Effect to we Importers :

As a currency becomes cheaper versus other currencies, it becomes more attractive for investors to buy it because they can often take a long (wait for the price to increase) position and make money that way. It also gives more incentive for investors/creditors to invest in large projects that are happening within an economy. Products that are created in a china become more attractive because of their price. Products now become lesser if one takes solely relative purchasing power into account.

One historical example of keeping a currency artificially cheap is China keeping the Renminbi cheap and pegged to the dollar. They wanted consumers/companies from abroad to buy their products so their businesses could continue to grow. This is one reason why China saw a booming economy in export industry. Many Western companies chose to have their products sourced from China because they knew they would get a good exchange rate, thus making the product cheaper. By keeping the Renminbi cheap, China was able to promote trade and begin to help their struggling economy. They have only recently begun to take away some of their instruments that artificially keep the prices low.

1. Has the Renminbi depriciated almost 100% as the Naira in the past 7years?

2. Do we have a multi trillion dollar export economy like China?

Hell, we don't even have stable power supply, access to loans, infrastructure, anything resembling an enabling environment -- we can't even refine our own fuel -- we spend trillion of Naira importing refined products and you think devaluing like China will work for Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by abbeyforex(m): 8:34am On Aug 11, 2015
989900:

1. Has the Renminbi depriciated almost 100% as the Naira in the past 7years?

2. Do we have a multi trillion dollar export economy like China?

Hell, we don't even have stable power supply, access to loans, infrastructure, anything resembling an enabling environment -- we can't even refine our own fuel -- we spend trillion of Naira importing refined products and you think devaluing like China will work for Nigeria?

I did not make all this point you listed above. Check well,I only updated the latest information about the PBOC and its effect on RMB.I repeat check well.

2 Likes

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by saints2(f): 10:12am On Aug 11, 2015
I checked the exchange rate of Naira to Yuan now, the rate used to be #33.04 to 1 Yuan, but as at 9am today, is 31.04 naira.

Naira is not doing badly.

2 Likes

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Dieumerci(m): 10:46am On Aug 11, 2015
abbeyforex:

I did not make all this point you listed above. Check well,I only updated the latest information about the PBOC and its effect on RMB.I repeat check well.
I tire ooo! I doubt that the guy @989900 read your report or he thought that this is politics section.
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by flyuche(m): 2:01pm On Aug 11, 2015
Fidelity bank, $1 = #228
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Mizzzbeee(f): 2:11pm On Aug 11, 2015
Why isn't the front page updated That is the essence of this group... Now no difference btw the last group and this one sad

1 Like

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by modath(f): 2:17pm On Aug 11, 2015
flyuche:
Fidelity bank, $1 = #228

Between them & GT, dont know the worse. Yeye banks.
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by pretts(f): 3:00pm On Aug 11, 2015
Please who has an idea what the current rate on the Visa card is? The last time I used it (First Bank visa card) on the 17th of July precisely, I was charged at the rate of 208.2...Which was a lot better than what GTBank was charging in the same period
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Dieumerci(m): 3:42pm On Aug 11, 2015
Mizzzbeee:
Why isn't the front page updated That is the essence of this group... Now no difference btw the last group and this one sad
The only difference is that the order thread is richer than this one, in terms of information.
They were too quick to condem the order thread as if they have something better.

cc: dragnet

3 Likes

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Mizzzbeee(f): 4:24pm On Aug 11, 2015
Dieumerci:

The only difference is that the order thread is richer than this one, in terms of information.
They were too quick to condem the order thread as if they have something better.

cc: dragnet
yes I wondered that too.... They should have left the other thread it's much more better than this... sad It was in the other thread that someone won a case against a bank and she was refunded because of the rich information in that thread.... sad

3 Likes

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Opeyemi5(m): 6:02pm On Aug 11, 2015
uba as @ 11/8/2015 $1=234.1
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by lordkay10(m): 6:20pm On Aug 11, 2015
Stanbic rate 11/08/2015 - #207/$
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by alakara(m): 7:00pm On Aug 11, 2015
alakara:
Due to popular demand, the thread is created to
monitor the forex rates of the following
currencies:
USD =US Dollars $;
CNY =Chinese Yuan ¥;
AED =UAE Dirham D;
GBP= Pound £
Euro €.
The format below should be used:
Bank : Currency : Rate : Date : Nairalander

STANBICIBTC: USD: #207 AUG 3 : TYCONCEPT
DIAMOND : USD : #215: AUG 5 : benebaby77
GTB: USD : #225: AUG 3: EGHOSA 1
ACCESS: USD:#225: AUG3: ifyalways
FCMB: USD: #227 AUG 4 : stPete
FIDELITY: USD: #228: AUG 11: flyuche.
Zenith: USD: #229: AUG3: BOBO65
UBA: USD : #234.1 : AUG 11 : opeyemi5
UNION: USD: #239.33: AUG 5 : arbitrage

STANBICIBTC: ¥ :#34.6: AUG 3: KODILICh
STANBICIBTC : £: #332.42: AUG 6: MODATH

Thanks as you update this thread.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (908) (Reply)

This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper / The Xiaomi Thread Store / California(Los Angeles),pickup services..Online purchase..(Ebay/Amazon,walmart)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.